Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Your strange phobias
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
z o m b i e s

they're literally my worst fear. it's not even rational but idk, being eaten alive by something that used to be a person is just not a fun thought. nor is picturing a world in shambles and mass destruction if a zombie apocalypse were to occur.
z o m b i e s

they're literally my worst fear. it's not even rational but idk, being eaten alive by something that used to be a person is just not a fun thought. nor is picturing a world in shambles and mass destruction if a zombie apocalypse were to occur.
hdEgTfF.gif5caOtnS.gifTvGyETb.gif
Fireworks.
Fireworks.
1391_350px_rainforest_by_miirshroom-dbvjs1a.png
Scars. I can't look at them, not even on myself, I refuse to touch them too.
Scars. I can't look at them, not even on myself, I refuse to touch them too.
tumblr_ozc9mxtgb51udi2fqo2_r1_500.png

Art by draconoblade
@rabidwhovian

I also have a fear of wasps. I don't know why. I've never been stung or harmed by one. It might be because of the time everyone in my class (elementary school) left the class but me and the reason I was still stuck in my seat was because a wasp flew up inches away from my face and waved it's legs at me. I haven't been the same since, lol. But yeah, my reaction is at least more controllable than it was (I used to run screaming and crying from the room but now I just kind of... silently duck and run away).

A couple of other things I'm afraid of is fog and the dark, probably because they have the tendency to aggravate my mental condition (in which I mean both can cause me to have some pretty trippy hallucinations, but not always).
@rabidwhovian

I also have a fear of wasps. I don't know why. I've never been stung or harmed by one. It might be because of the time everyone in my class (elementary school) left the class but me and the reason I was still stuck in my seat was because a wasp flew up inches away from my face and waved it's legs at me. I haven't been the same since, lol. But yeah, my reaction is at least more controllable than it was (I used to run screaming and crying from the room but now I just kind of... silently duck and run away).

A couple of other things I'm afraid of is fog and the dark, probably because they have the tendency to aggravate my mental condition (in which I mean both can cause me to have some pretty trippy hallucinations, but not always).
Hey there! So, I have two, although not considered beyond the level of strange, phobias that pretty much control my life.

Arachnophobia: Ever since my younger years, I have been deathly afraid of those little creatures that are known for having eight legs and producing web. But now that I'm older, I can safely say that I am at least able to look at spiders now, and have now grown a morbid fear of spiders' webs rather than the actual spider. God help my peers if I am to run into a spiderweb, for I tend to scream and go into a wild fit of hysterics. I even have vivid dreams about this! In my dreams, I'll be going about my day and then suddenly a spiderweb pops out of nowhere. Naturally, I go to avoid it but more and more webs appear, getting to the point where I'm now being forced to the ground in a fetal position because there are literally webs all around me. (Some with spiders in them.)

Scopophobia: I wouldn't say that this is a severe fear of mine, although I can definitely say that this also controls my life quite violently. I don't know whether to group this in with my high levels of SAD, but I'll explain it in any sense. I cannot go out in public often, and will most of the time decline any plans with my friends due to the morbid fear of being watched or seen by others. I had to go out to the shopping centre with my family yesterday and ended up having a panic attack because I felt so uncomfortable. I'm trying to work through this with my psychologist, and I'm not certain I can ever get over it.
Hey there! So, I have two, although not considered beyond the level of strange, phobias that pretty much control my life.

Arachnophobia: Ever since my younger years, I have been deathly afraid of those little creatures that are known for having eight legs and producing web. But now that I'm older, I can safely say that I am at least able to look at spiders now, and have now grown a morbid fear of spiders' webs rather than the actual spider. God help my peers if I am to run into a spiderweb, for I tend to scream and go into a wild fit of hysterics. I even have vivid dreams about this! In my dreams, I'll be going about my day and then suddenly a spiderweb pops out of nowhere. Naturally, I go to avoid it but more and more webs appear, getting to the point where I'm now being forced to the ground in a fetal position because there are literally webs all around me. (Some with spiders in them.)

Scopophobia: I wouldn't say that this is a severe fear of mine, although I can definitely say that this also controls my life quite violently. I don't know whether to group this in with my high levels of SAD, but I'll explain it in any sense. I cannot go out in public often, and will most of the time decline any plans with my friends due to the morbid fear of being watched or seen by others. I had to go out to the shopping centre with my family yesterday and ended up having a panic attack because I felt so uncomfortable. I'm trying to work through this with my psychologist, and I'm not certain I can ever get over it.
tumblr_inline_oorri4xYGa1u5ynwc_540.png
g585y1V.png
bYt72YT.png

Non-exalt lair. Striving to be an all-Mirror clan (with exceptions)!
Maddy, she/her | 19
AEST
clowns. not serious, but I just creeped out or super awkward whenever I see or hear of one. x-x
clowns. not serious, but I just creeped out or super awkward whenever I see or hear of one. x-x
shadowswirl_by_woods_of_lynn-dbpz8ar.png
Public Showers.
THEY R SO CREEPY AND SOME OF THEM HAVE CLEAR-ISH CURTAINS!!! I didn't even know how scary they were until I had to use one on my way to the National Archery Tournament this year (tip of the hat to anyone else who made it). I was completely terrified the ENTIRE time I was using it, and my sister was using the one next to me and she had MULTIPLE spider webs in hers. She wasn't scared, BUT OH BOY I WAS!! There were dead bugs EVERYWHERE in mine, and I ended up taking the FASTEST shower I have EVER had (don't worry I still got 100% clean). I am NEVER going to use one again, even if I have to be smelly. I can't, I can't, they r scary.

Taking pictures of birds and Yellow Tanigers.
I was somewhere near Yellowstone, and I saw a really pretty yellow, black and red bird (I later discovered that it was called a Yellow Taniger) and I wanted to get a photo. I was trying to get a good shot, when the FREAKING THING DIVEBOMBED ME!!!!! It was LITERALLY 3 inches from my face, several bystanders saw it. I started nervously laughing after nearly having a heart attack, and so did the other bystanders. And I didn't even get a photo! I am so terrified of taking photos of them unless they r far away. And if I ever see a Yellow Taniger again, I am getting as far back as possible.

Wasps/Bees.
I KNOW they are important, and I have a SMALL amount of respect for them. But I have a CONSTANT fear of them, and every time I see them, I nearly burst into tears. ESPECIALLY wasps. I think I started being afraid of them when my little brother got stung 3 times by wasps at my grandparents house. I have NEVER been stung by one, and if I do, then I'll PROBABLY pass out. This one is more reasonable.

Rice.
When I was little, we had rice and I threw up afterwards. My parents SAY that I was sick, but I AM STILL TERRIFIED!! My friends like to put rice RIGHT on my tray at lunch sometimes, and I don't touch it after that. I REFUSE to eat it, i would rather go hungry.
Public Showers.
THEY R SO CREEPY AND SOME OF THEM HAVE CLEAR-ISH CURTAINS!!! I didn't even know how scary they were until I had to use one on my way to the National Archery Tournament this year (tip of the hat to anyone else who made it). I was completely terrified the ENTIRE time I was using it, and my sister was using the one next to me and she had MULTIPLE spider webs in hers. She wasn't scared, BUT OH BOY I WAS!! There were dead bugs EVERYWHERE in mine, and I ended up taking the FASTEST shower I have EVER had (don't worry I still got 100% clean). I am NEVER going to use one again, even if I have to be smelly. I can't, I can't, they r scary.

Taking pictures of birds and Yellow Tanigers.
I was somewhere near Yellowstone, and I saw a really pretty yellow, black and red bird (I later discovered that it was called a Yellow Taniger) and I wanted to get a photo. I was trying to get a good shot, when the FREAKING THING DIVEBOMBED ME!!!!! It was LITERALLY 3 inches from my face, several bystanders saw it. I started nervously laughing after nearly having a heart attack, and so did the other bystanders. And I didn't even get a photo! I am so terrified of taking photos of them unless they r far away. And if I ever see a Yellow Taniger again, I am getting as far back as possible.

Wasps/Bees.
I KNOW they are important, and I have a SMALL amount of respect for them. But I have a CONSTANT fear of them, and every time I see them, I nearly burst into tears. ESPECIALLY wasps. I think I started being afraid of them when my little brother got stung 3 times by wasps at my grandparents house. I have NEVER been stung by one, and if I do, then I'll PROBABLY pass out. This one is more reasonable.

Rice.
When I was little, we had rice and I threw up afterwards. My parents SAY that I was sick, but I AM STILL TERRIFIED!! My friends like to put rice RIGHT on my tray at lunch sometimes, and I don't touch it after that. I REFUSE to eat it, i would rather go hungry.
im a huge nerd
[quote name="Rhapsoidos" date=2017-05-18 10:26:21] @RabidWhovian I'm not sure if it's a phobia, but angry men freak me the **** out, I absolutely shut down...[/quote] [img]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/12/om3i.gif[/img] I have no idea why, I FLIP out and nearly cry lmao...it could even be one of my friends! My one, closest guy friend, who I cherish with my life got mad at his brother (who punched him in the nose and had made him bleed, so his anger WAS justified) but it was for the first time I'd ever seen and I got so scared...! My others are as follows: Escalators - For the past, like, 4 years, I've had a fear of escalators. I creep on and off of them all the time. I don't even know why?? Misophonia - I have a fear of multiple different mouth sounds, to the point if someone teases me for it or makes a point of being obnoxious with their sounds, I [i]burst into tears[/i]. It just... scares me, and makes my heart race. PLEASE, if someone has misophonia, it's not a joke. Edit because i forgot - Cars! I'm so scared of speeding in cars and veering around people and just...semi-aggressive driving. I'll be in a car going like.. 60 and get stressed out.
Rhapsoidos wrote on 2017-05-18:
@RabidWhovian I'm not sure if it's a phobia, but angry men freak me the **** out, I absolutely shut down...

om3i.gif

I have no idea why, I FLIP out and nearly cry lmao...it could even be one of my friends! My one, closest guy friend, who I cherish with my life got mad at his brother (who punched him in the nose and had made him bleed, so his anger WAS justified) but it was for the first time I'd ever seen and I got so scared...!

My others are as follows:

Escalators - For the past, like, 4 years, I've had a fear of escalators. I creep on and off of them all the time. I don't even know why??

Misophonia - I have a fear of multiple different mouth sounds, to the point if someone teases me for it or makes a point of being obnoxious with their sounds, I burst into tears. It just... scares me, and makes my heart race. PLEASE, if someone has misophonia, it's not a joke.

Edit because i forgot - Cars! I'm so scared of speeding in cars and veering around people and just...semi-aggressive driving. I'll be in a car going like.. 60 and get stressed out.
I'm afraid of roots. I'm Ok with carrots and potatoes, but it's tree roots, plant roots, flower roots, stuff like that.
I think it came from a game that I played when I was 8, and it showed a scene of flowers growing on someone. Needless to say, I never played that game again and tried not to touch any roots.
EDIT: I forgot to mention I have a fear of missing class. I know, I'm a nerd. I just don't want to miss class at all. Also, walking into the classroom while class is going on. This one is stronger than the other one, because I would rather miss class then walk into the middle of class.
I'm afraid of roots. I'm Ok with carrots and potatoes, but it's tree roots, plant roots, flower roots, stuff like that.
I think it came from a game that I played when I was 8, and it showed a scene of flowers growing on someone. Needless to say, I never played that game again and tried not to touch any roots.
EDIT: I forgot to mention I have a fear of missing class. I know, I'm a nerd. I just don't want to miss class at all. Also, walking into the classroom while class is going on. This one is stronger than the other one, because I would rather miss class then walk into the middle of class.
KvxzF3W.pngJcdyE1n.png opcExsG.png
BsnXCRp.png
0XHtpWy.png
J7D1quC.png

WKtl2lb.png
FObX7rS_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelFObX7rS_d.png
Wasps are a huuuge one for me, although I also dislike anything flying/ buzzing around my head, even flies and mosquitoes. Makes summer a not-so-fun season for me, especially later in the summer when the flowers are dying and the wasps become more aggressive.
Wasps are a huuuge one for me, although I also dislike anything flying/ buzzing around my head, even flies and mosquitoes. Makes summer a not-so-fun season for me, especially later in the summer when the flowers are dying and the wasps become more aggressive.
sQl9mhK.png2CdcZTh.pngRz7ZJcJ.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17