Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Your strange phobias
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Elevators...

Don't ask..

Elevators...

Don't ask..

proty_icon_2_by_newglasses-dc6pnfz.pnghumbee_icon_2_by_newglasses-dc6pngb.pngjorge_icon_2_by_newglasses-dc6pnfh.png
the dark

yes i am still five years old but count me tf out

also, thanatophobia : fear of death

and heights: If im on a balcony i will shut down, get on the floor, and crawl away from the edge, like im not kidding.
I love rollercoasters and im not scared of them one bit, but balconeys get me man.
My cousin used to live in this skyscraper and on the roof there was a glass balconey and i fell to my knees and crawled back into the building

EDIT: ZOMBIES/ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE
IGNORE ME BEING PLAGUE I AM STILL A BABY AND T E R R I F I E D
the dark

yes i am still five years old but count me tf out

also, thanatophobia : fear of death

and heights: If im on a balcony i will shut down, get on the floor, and crawl away from the edge, like im not kidding.
I love rollercoasters and im not scared of them one bit, but balconeys get me man.
My cousin used to live in this skyscraper and on the roof there was a glass balconey and i fell to my knees and crawled back into the building

EDIT: ZOMBIES/ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE
IGNORE ME BEING PLAGUE I AM STILL A BABY AND T E R R I F I E D
f2u_cow_skull_icon_by_hotdogebuns-da0oc2j.png
i'm fine with death and with being alone (in fact i enjoy being alone, but not really at night) and all that stuff

however:

i'm afraid of being judged by others. even though i find this fear of mine completely ridiculous, i also find it hard to get rid of. i try not to do random or ridiculous things in front of other people, i rarely wear clothes that have graphics from things i like watching/reading, and i don't talk about anything like that near other people unless they bring it up first. if i'm at school and i do something stupid in front of a crowd you might as well throw me off a cliff. if my friends are doing something weird near me and within the view of someone else i'll try to get them to stop. it's really bad, but i'm trying to get better. seeing other people doing the things i would never do around others but want to kinda helps.

tbh, it probably comes from me being a neutral person in social situations (albeit as polite as possible if the other people are older than me). even though i still like what i like and do what i do, i always hide the fact in public places or at school. idk why. i mean, my social standing is literally obsolete to the point no one would care but it still worries me... i bet i'm not the only one, though. that gives me a little reassurance.
i'm fine with death and with being alone (in fact i enjoy being alone, but not really at night) and all that stuff

however:

i'm afraid of being judged by others. even though i find this fear of mine completely ridiculous, i also find it hard to get rid of. i try not to do random or ridiculous things in front of other people, i rarely wear clothes that have graphics from things i like watching/reading, and i don't talk about anything like that near other people unless they bring it up first. if i'm at school and i do something stupid in front of a crowd you might as well throw me off a cliff. if my friends are doing something weird near me and within the view of someone else i'll try to get them to stop. it's really bad, but i'm trying to get better. seeing other people doing the things i would never do around others but want to kinda helps.

tbh, it probably comes from me being a neutral person in social situations (albeit as polite as possible if the other people are older than me). even though i still like what i like and do what i do, i always hide the fact in public places or at school. idk why. i mean, my social standing is literally obsolete to the point no one would care but it still worries me... i bet i'm not the only one, though. that gives me a little reassurance.
Spiders. I. Can't. Take. Them.
I'm so sorry but I just freeze and cry when I see one TT^TT
Spiders. I. Can't. Take. Them.
I'm so sorry but I just freeze and cry when I see one TT^TT
unknown-2.png
not really that weird but I have major major issues with eye contact ;; I absolutely hate it, especially when it's forced or prolonged, my skin legit crawls ;0;
not really that weird but I have major major issues with eye contact ;; I absolutely hate it, especially when it's forced or prolonged, my skin legit crawls ;0;
tumblr_o0euarBE9C1tfzajgo1_500.png
CRANE. FLIES.

Those things are just. They are flying, flailing nightmare fuel, okay. I scream. I pride myself on being all brave and manly, and I can deal with wasps and spiders no problem, but if I see a crane fly... I will run and scream and cower in a closet until someone's got rid of it. xD

I also have *severe* claustrophobia. Any small, enclosed areas freak me out. Small rooms. Elevators. Planes. All that... I have legitimate panic attacks. It is horrible.
CRANE. FLIES.

Those things are just. They are flying, flailing nightmare fuel, okay. I scream. I pride myself on being all brave and manly, and I can deal with wasps and spiders no problem, but if I see a crane fly... I will run and scream and cower in a closet until someone's got rid of it. xD

I also have *severe* claustrophobia. Any small, enclosed areas freak me out. Small rooms. Elevators. Planes. All that... I have legitimate panic attacks. It is horrible.
It's certainly not a "real" phobia but I just CANNOT touch bugs or spiders. You know the saying "I wouldn't touch that with a [however many] foot long pole"? That's me. I can't bring myself to squish them under a magazine, or pick them up with a tissue, or even carry them outside in a cup...my method is usually to saturate them with bug spray and then vacuum up the remains. Yes, I am an adult, and yes, I am serious.

I've tried to identify what freaks me out so bad about touching bugs and spiders and I really can't pin it down. The closest I've ever come to giving a defined reason is that--and this is really silly but stay with me--the legs are small and brittle and I feel like they're going to break off and be stuck on my skin, and then in addition to smacking the bug off my body I have to wildly scramble to get the leg parts off. Yes, completely irrational!

Side note: VERY VERY small bugs like gnats, ants, etc, are exempt from this. I'll squish them with my finger, it doesn't freak me out at all. I'm a mess!
It's certainly not a "real" phobia but I just CANNOT touch bugs or spiders. You know the saying "I wouldn't touch that with a [however many] foot long pole"? That's me. I can't bring myself to squish them under a magazine, or pick them up with a tissue, or even carry them outside in a cup...my method is usually to saturate them with bug spray and then vacuum up the remains. Yes, I am an adult, and yes, I am serious.

I've tried to identify what freaks me out so bad about touching bugs and spiders and I really can't pin it down. The closest I've ever come to giving a defined reason is that--and this is really silly but stay with me--the legs are small and brittle and I feel like they're going to break off and be stuck on my skin, and then in addition to smacking the bug off my body I have to wildly scramble to get the leg parts off. Yes, completely irrational!

Side note: VERY VERY small bugs like gnats, ants, etc, are exempt from this. I'll squish them with my finger, it doesn't freak me out at all. I'm a mess!
breathe deep, seek peace
----
courier_pearl.gif
I have ocd so my phobias really effect me.

Duo a clothes washing powder- i will not go near it. I will NOT touch it, and if i know someone uses it i wont go near them. No matter who it is.

Germs- yeah classic of someone with ocd but im afraid more so of germs that are primarily non existant just something that i deem "dirty" too long to explain.

Chemicals- Specifically the ones that burn skin or are corrosives. I really dislike holding the bottles of chemicals like this let alone using them.

Itching- i have a slight phobia of the sensation of itching. I dont mind so much when i know the cause (mosquito etc) but when i get prickly itch sensations for no reason. I freak. Itching actually brought out my ocd. When i was 14 i got an itch all over my body that lasted for 6 months.

Deepheat or other warming gels- i got this on me once and the feelig drove me insane. I cannot be near it. Even the smell triggers my flight reaction

A more common one:
Teeth falling out. I know its a common dream but i hate it. I normally dream that my teeth come loose and fall out but then im like no im dreaming they will come back soon. And they dont. I know it doesnt happen in rl but must scare me if its a reoccuring dream
I have ocd so my phobias really effect me.

Duo a clothes washing powder- i will not go near it. I will NOT touch it, and if i know someone uses it i wont go near them. No matter who it is.

Germs- yeah classic of someone with ocd but im afraid more so of germs that are primarily non existant just something that i deem "dirty" too long to explain.

Chemicals- Specifically the ones that burn skin or are corrosives. I really dislike holding the bottles of chemicals like this let alone using them.

Itching- i have a slight phobia of the sensation of itching. I dont mind so much when i know the cause (mosquito etc) but when i get prickly itch sensations for no reason. I freak. Itching actually brought out my ocd. When i was 14 i got an itch all over my body that lasted for 6 months.

Deepheat or other warming gels- i got this on me once and the feelig drove me insane. I cannot be near it. Even the smell triggers my flight reaction

A more common one:
Teeth falling out. I know its a common dream but i hate it. I normally dream that my teeth come loose and fall out but then im like no im dreaming they will come back soon. And they dont. I know it doesnt happen in rl but must scare me if its a reoccuring dream
jfLmvwf.jpg
@RabidWhovian I also have a fear of balloons. I don't mind loud noises but for some reasons,balloons freak me out...but I'm also scared of shadows. I'm convinced they're gateways to another dimension ;.;
@RabidWhovian I also have a fear of balloons. I don't mind loud noises but for some reasons,balloons freak me out...but I'm also scared of shadows. I'm convinced they're gateways to another dimension ;.;
tumblr_inline_ohfczrSsIP1tfmvub_540.pngtumblr_inline_ohfczvU5Sp1tfmvub_540.pngtumblr_p6un9pL5QF1utez9io1_100.png 9rffWp7.png Ni7vksA.gifJXmuUO1.png
mold - aaaaa kill it with fire I don't even need an excuse to fear this stuff
pool drains - not sure why but I cannot touch one without freaking out
smartphone cameras/cameras in general - learning that the government can easily spy on you through them and is in fact already doing so just amps up my general level of paranoia
mind control - I'm not sure if this is irrational because any sane person would want their thoughts to stay their own but then again we haven't figured out how to truly control someone's mind yet so I'm probably just being really paranoid
eyes - this phobia is starting to fade but whenever I think about eyes too much, well...*shiver* They're basically hollow globes of squishy stuff embedded in your skull and held in place by flaps of skin, twitching and sliding around, watching you.
mold - aaaaa kill it with fire I don't even need an excuse to fear this stuff
pool drains - not sure why but I cannot touch one without freaking out
smartphone cameras/cameras in general - learning that the government can easily spy on you through them and is in fact already doing so just amps up my general level of paranoia
mind control - I'm not sure if this is irrational because any sane person would want their thoughts to stay their own but then again we haven't figured out how to truly control someone's mind yet so I'm probably just being really paranoid
eyes - this phobia is starting to fade but whenever I think about eyes too much, well...*shiver* They're basically hollow globes of squishy stuff embedded in your skull and held in place by flaps of skin, twitching and sliding around, watching you.
vojnGCQ.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17