Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Religion
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
I'm a Christian.

I know, probably an unpopular choice, but it was a hard struggle for me and I came out with my faith solidified after a lot of trials.

One of my best friends is an Agnostic- so...

...please don't think we're all the crazy 'turn or burn, everyone who isn't a Christian deserves to rot in Hell' kind of people.
Most of us, like myself, just try to love people as best we can and do our best for others. It's the 'overzealous' people that give us a bad name.

I'm not perfect. I won't claim that I am perfect just because I'm a Christian. That's not what it's about. Christianity at its heart is about love- not necessarily tolerating everything, but loving people in spite of it.
I don't have ANYTHING against gays, lesbians, or any other different gender identities. (I brought that up specifically because I know it's a sore point between Christians and non-Christians.) I know I'm a sinner, and most days I can't fathom why God would love me like he does, but I still believe with all my heart that he does.

I hope people will start to realize that Christians don't just 'hate everything that's not a Christian'.

If anyone has any questions or wants to talk about anything, please message me. I'll do my best to answer.
I'm a Christian.

I know, probably an unpopular choice, but it was a hard struggle for me and I came out with my faith solidified after a lot of trials.

One of my best friends is an Agnostic- so...

...please don't think we're all the crazy 'turn or burn, everyone who isn't a Christian deserves to rot in Hell' kind of people.
Most of us, like myself, just try to love people as best we can and do our best for others. It's the 'overzealous' people that give us a bad name.

I'm not perfect. I won't claim that I am perfect just because I'm a Christian. That's not what it's about. Christianity at its heart is about love- not necessarily tolerating everything, but loving people in spite of it.
I don't have ANYTHING against gays, lesbians, or any other different gender identities. (I brought that up specifically because I know it's a sore point between Christians and non-Christians.) I know I'm a sinner, and most days I can't fathom why God would love me like he does, but I still believe with all my heart that he does.

I hope people will start to realize that Christians don't just 'hate everything that's not a Christian'.

If anyone has any questions or wants to talk about anything, please message me. I'll do my best to answer.
3xgPfeK.png
Atheist
Atheist
A3HkZGq.png
I was raised Catholic, so even while I'm not extremely dedicated to it anymore, I have a fairly Christian way of viewing a lot of stuff. (Also, that Catholic school kid guilt of not having Ash Wednesday ashes, not getting the Eucharist, etc.) My views are generally that intention is the most important thing (I can't judge, but someone doing service and caring for others because they want to make the world a better place is better than someone going to church because they want to go to Heaven). And... as for the Church's view of LGBTQ+ stuff and whatnot? I'm pan and nonbinary. I've dealt with the worst and the best of Christians (the first girl I had the honor to date being among the best), but the fact that I'm back to faith after a few years of soul searching has really helped me figure everything out.

I'm sorry for the long and hardly coherent post, this was as much an explanation to myself as it was to the thread.

Edit: I also believe that all religious paths lead to God/a divine force, because almost everything is based in love. Again, kindness over religious affiliation and dedication.
I was raised Catholic, so even while I'm not extremely dedicated to it anymore, I have a fairly Christian way of viewing a lot of stuff. (Also, that Catholic school kid guilt of not having Ash Wednesday ashes, not getting the Eucharist, etc.) My views are generally that intention is the most important thing (I can't judge, but someone doing service and caring for others because they want to make the world a better place is better than someone going to church because they want to go to Heaven). And... as for the Church's view of LGBTQ+ stuff and whatnot? I'm pan and nonbinary. I've dealt with the worst and the best of Christians (the first girl I had the honor to date being among the best), but the fact that I'm back to faith after a few years of soul searching has really helped me figure everything out.

I'm sorry for the long and hardly coherent post, this was as much an explanation to myself as it was to the thread.

Edit: I also believe that all religious paths lead to God/a divine force, because almost everything is based in love. Again, kindness over religious affiliation and dedication.
b370d15dcc6c6de13547824fbed56ba2ae0f8153.png Ljw7JvQ.png UBaiWUV.png eIK5iG7.png
JvUa9ma.png feXtM27.png FObX7rS.png
gYW0j5f.png wthFnM3.png gE96VFA.png
they/he | formerly neonpine
[quote name="IndigoFlames" date=2015-09-10 19:25:59] [quote name="Chronosplit" date=2015-09-10 08:22:02] Ag- gold Agnostic. To be specific agnostic theist, I sometimes shift between that and Atheism. Actually neither are religions but beliefs. But I think OP is looking for beliefs. Used to be C. [/quote] *my chemist is coming out...oh noes* Ag is silver not gold *this is a pet peeve so mucho sorry* [/quote] @IndigoFlames Haha it's quite alright. I stand corrected.
IndigoFlames wrote on 2015-09-10:
Chronosplit wrote on 2015-09-10:
Ag- gold Agnostic. To be specific agnostic theist, I sometimes shift between that and Atheism.

Actually neither are religions but beliefs. But I think OP is looking for beliefs.

Used to be C.

*my chemist is coming out...oh noes* Ag is silver not gold *this is a pet peeve so mucho sorry*
@IndigoFlames Haha it's quite alright. I stand corrected.
My writing project.
I was raised Roman Catholic and I still am, in paper, but I'm Agnostic Theist.

I believe that there is a higher power, but I do not believe that any religions can fully explain this higher power and that we can never truly understand it.

However, I am interested in reading and learning about religions. It's actually a fairly interesting subject in general, but would mostly depend on the approach.
I was raised Roman Catholic and I still am, in paper, but I'm Agnostic Theist.

I believe that there is a higher power, but I do not believe that any religions can fully explain this higher power and that we can never truly understand it.

However, I am interested in reading and learning about religions. It's actually a fairly interesting subject in general, but would mostly depend on the approach.
Light Sprite
I...actually don't consider myself apart of any type of religion or group. I'm not an atheist, because I do believe in higher powers. If anything you could say that I take a little bit from every religion (save for those who branch off of, or are similar to Christianity. For a number of personal reasons)

I believe in an after life, though not so much a "heaven" or "hell". Really just another plain, or a collection of different plains. I also believe in spirits, deities, guardians, and things like that. Demons, however, although I do believe in malicious spirits I don't see them as "demons" for again, personal reasons.

I believe in Spirit animals, and that meditation can help you interact with your spirit guide and help you and your body in general.

Now, as to why I don't consider myself apart of any Religions despite my beliefs is because I, in general, don't like any of them. I'm more fond of Indian (dot and feather) and Asian oriented beliefs then anything else though (mainly because they're pretty interesting if you dig into 'em).
I...actually don't consider myself apart of any type of religion or group. I'm not an atheist, because I do believe in higher powers. If anything you could say that I take a little bit from every religion (save for those who branch off of, or are similar to Christianity. For a number of personal reasons)

I believe in an after life, though not so much a "heaven" or "hell". Really just another plain, or a collection of different plains. I also believe in spirits, deities, guardians, and things like that. Demons, however, although I do believe in malicious spirits I don't see them as "demons" for again, personal reasons.

I believe in Spirit animals, and that meditation can help you interact with your spirit guide and help you and your body in general.

Now, as to why I don't consider myself apart of any Religions despite my beliefs is because I, in general, don't like any of them. I'm more fond of Indian (dot and feather) and Asian oriented beliefs then anything else though (mainly because they're pretty interesting if you dig into 'em).
iceb2_by_ovophobia-d9cq66h.png
I don't subscribe to anything substantial. If I had to label myself as something, it'd be an agnostic atheist who believes that beauty, peace, tranquility, and the measure of one's personal ethics and values are best found by interacting with and experiencing nature, which I guess is a part of my romantic philosophical leaning.
I don't subscribe to anything substantial. If I had to label myself as something, it'd be an agnostic atheist who believes that beauty, peace, tranquility, and the measure of one's personal ethics and values are best found by interacting with and experiencing nature, which I guess is a part of my romantic philosophical leaning.
I was always an Atheist. Tough i'm still trying to figure out a good religion for me. My family are all pretty okay with it since almost every member has a different religion. Diversity is a wonderful thing! ^^
I was always an Atheist. Tough i'm still trying to figure out a good religion for me. My family are all pretty okay with it since almost every member has a different religion. Diversity is a wonderful thing! ^^
flightsignature_zps6e7f1755.gif FR+10 Did somebody say impulse buying?
Atheist, but tolerant of all religions. I like to have people know my opinion on life so we won't get in accidental fights, and it is only natural I will then listen to them too. I've had people think I was christian in the past, and that got awkward fast, so since then when the subject of religion comes up in a group of friends I just make clear in a calm manner where I stand.

Born atheistic, will likely always be because the idea of evolution explains everything we now know to me.

The extremely zealous people who try to tell me their way is right and mine is wrong, no thank you. I'm tolerant to the tolerant. Luckily, I have never met such people.

((I may spam crucifix gifs in Dracula-related matters though, if the Garlic fails))
Atheist, but tolerant of all religions. I like to have people know my opinion on life so we won't get in accidental fights, and it is only natural I will then listen to them too. I've had people think I was christian in the past, and that got awkward fast, so since then when the subject of religion comes up in a group of friends I just make clear in a calm manner where I stand.

Born atheistic, will likely always be because the idea of evolution explains everything we now know to me.

The extremely zealous people who try to tell me their way is right and mine is wrong, no thank you. I'm tolerant to the tolerant. Luckily, I have never met such people.

((I may spam crucifix gifs in Dracula-related matters though, if the Garlic fails))
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
Pagan and proud. I identify as a witch to be specific, mostly on the side of sigils and storm craft. And just to be clear, witchcraft is not the same as Wicca. I do keep my craft secular, however, but it's more because I haven't found a particular god or goddess that's felt right for me to worship and follow just yet. And I might never and that's okay.

I'm very open about my craft, about what I do, everything. As long as others are tolerant of mine and attempt to educate themselves instead of being ignorant or just say nothing at all I am tolerant towards them as well. But my tolerance has its limits - call me a devil/demon worshiper, try to tell me that I'm going to hell because I won't believe in your religion, and stuff along those lines and I will shut your behind down. Same thing if you try to use your religion to justify your hatred of other people. If you're racist, sexist, homophobic or whatever else and what comes out of your mouth is "Well the Bible says-" in relation, I want nothing to do with you, end of story.
Pagan and proud. I identify as a witch to be specific, mostly on the side of sigils and storm craft. And just to be clear, witchcraft is not the same as Wicca. I do keep my craft secular, however, but it's more because I haven't found a particular god or goddess that's felt right for me to worship and follow just yet. And I might never and that's okay.

I'm very open about my craft, about what I do, everything. As long as others are tolerant of mine and attempt to educate themselves instead of being ignorant or just say nothing at all I am tolerant towards them as well. But my tolerance has its limits - call me a devil/demon worshiper, try to tell me that I'm going to hell because I won't believe in your religion, and stuff along those lines and I will shut your behind down. Same thing if you try to use your religion to justify your hatred of other people. If you're racist, sexist, homophobic or whatever else and what comes out of your mouth is "Well the Bible says-" in relation, I want nothing to do with you, end of story.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11