Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Religion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
I'm a Christian, and I have no issues with science. I believe the Big Bang was started by God (Science has the 'how', and I like to think religion and philosophy explain 'why'); and that He shaped the world over billions of years (but it's be like a day to an immortal being, thus the wording) and created humanity through evolution (Adam and Eve were the first to truly be considered completely human).
I tend to look at the meaning beneath the Bible rather than take everything literally, and know that times have changed since it was written!
I'm not straight myself, and put anything homophobic in the same section as rules Jesus himself said not to follow (I've read the Bible cover to cover too, and can't recall Jesus ever saying anything against it and himself said there were some rules to ignore now, only in the OT (Where people would get in deep trouble for wearing clothes made out of different fabric - and by describing 'sins' of two people loving each other, I believe its only things that would be just as bad if straight people did it (eg, non-consensual activities, cheating on a partner, etc) - that it's not saying being gay is bad, just specifying there's no loopholes on things that are immoral either way (Like ****).

I was picked on for not being straight, and ironically none of them were religious - There's good and bad in every group, in my opinion.
I personally think people who use religion as an excuse to hate are ignoring the main messages (Everything Jesus said can essentially be summed up as "tl;dr be nice to people, don't judge", a message that doesn't change whether one believes Him to be the Son of God or not).

I like to think anyone can get into heaven if they're a good person (ie, they don't go out of their way to be a jerk to everyone), regardless of what they believe - I'm not out to convert anyone, if they're respectful and what they believe makes them happy there's not problem - I don't want to shove views on anyone, and like the same respect in return. I don't think my view is superior to anyone else's, it's just what I personally believe - I respect other people's beliefs - they're all equally valid if they've chosen to believe or not, and enjoy seeing different points of view.
I'm a Christian, and I have no issues with science. I believe the Big Bang was started by God (Science has the 'how', and I like to think religion and philosophy explain 'why'); and that He shaped the world over billions of years (but it's be like a day to an immortal being, thus the wording) and created humanity through evolution (Adam and Eve were the first to truly be considered completely human).
I tend to look at the meaning beneath the Bible rather than take everything literally, and know that times have changed since it was written!
I'm not straight myself, and put anything homophobic in the same section as rules Jesus himself said not to follow (I've read the Bible cover to cover too, and can't recall Jesus ever saying anything against it and himself said there were some rules to ignore now, only in the OT (Where people would get in deep trouble for wearing clothes made out of different fabric - and by describing 'sins' of two people loving each other, I believe its only things that would be just as bad if straight people did it (eg, non-consensual activities, cheating on a partner, etc) - that it's not saying being gay is bad, just specifying there's no loopholes on things that are immoral either way (Like ****).

I was picked on for not being straight, and ironically none of them were religious - There's good and bad in every group, in my opinion.
I personally think people who use religion as an excuse to hate are ignoring the main messages (Everything Jesus said can essentially be summed up as "tl;dr be nice to people, don't judge", a message that doesn't change whether one believes Him to be the Son of God or not).

I like to think anyone can get into heaven if they're a good person (ie, they don't go out of their way to be a jerk to everyone), regardless of what they believe - I'm not out to convert anyone, if they're respectful and what they believe makes them happy there's not problem - I don't want to shove views on anyone, and like the same respect in return. I don't think my view is superior to anyone else's, it's just what I personally believe - I respect other people's beliefs - they're all equally valid if they've chosen to believe or not, and enjoy seeing different points of view.
nXOilAf.png
[Hatchery Under Construction]
Does Agnostic count as a religion? If so that's me: somewhere between Atheist and Christian. I believe that the world is too incredible to be simply a product of science, but we don't really have any reliable truth of what this big truth is.
Does Agnostic count as a religion? If so that's me: somewhere between Atheist and Christian. I believe that the world is too incredible to be simply a product of science, but we don't really have any reliable truth of what this big truth is.
Hi, I'm Perci!
WKtl2lb.png

Ljw7JvQ.png
mlHpBMC.png
b7fepcb.png
I was raised Southern Baptist in New Hampshire of all places. My faith hit that slippery slope when I tried to find a church for my child and myself to join because I thought it would be the right thing. I met with several churches' deacons and over and over heard the same thing - because I was a divorced women I could not formally join the church but of course I would still be expected to tithe.

So - my child is now a scientist and has their set of beliefs that I can see really work for them. My belief was shattered a second time when my ex husband left because of my illnesses. He had sworn to be there for me. He said the straw that broke the camel's back is because I asked him to pick up a prescription on his way home. I had asked the other licensed drivers in the house and none of them were up for it. So he came home, packed his stuff and moved into an apartment with the woman he had been wanting to date.

So I guess I am spiritual but not religious. I believe there is something that will happen when I pass but I don't know for sure what. I read a book by Dr. Weiss about reincarnation and that really fit my feelings. I am a good person, I am kind and am very loving to those around me that I know I can trust. I know I will not complete the final realm of reincarnation until I truly embrace myself and can let go of my fears and anger. He has a great series of books. https://www.facebook.com/DrBrianWeiss
I was raised Southern Baptist in New Hampshire of all places. My faith hit that slippery slope when I tried to find a church for my child and myself to join because I thought it would be the right thing. I met with several churches' deacons and over and over heard the same thing - because I was a divorced women I could not formally join the church but of course I would still be expected to tithe.

So - my child is now a scientist and has their set of beliefs that I can see really work for them. My belief was shattered a second time when my ex husband left because of my illnesses. He had sworn to be there for me. He said the straw that broke the camel's back is because I asked him to pick up a prescription on his way home. I had asked the other licensed drivers in the house and none of them were up for it. So he came home, packed his stuff and moved into an apartment with the woman he had been wanting to date.

So I guess I am spiritual but not religious. I believe there is something that will happen when I pass but I don't know for sure what. I read a book by Dr. Weiss about reincarnation and that really fit my feelings. I am a good person, I am kind and am very loving to those around me that I know I can trust. I know I will not complete the final realm of reincarnation until I truly embrace myself and can let go of my fears and anger. He has a great series of books. https://www.facebook.com/DrBrianWeiss
Walking through a Fairy Circle can make magic happen. It might change the color of a dragon, or change its genes or even its breed. Only the bravest set out to make an intentional trip through a Fairy Circle. Most dragons just step right into them when they are concentrating on something else. Just remember - Magic is Everywhere tumblr_o869wygMbQ1v4aprho7_r1_100.png
My Favorite Skin Shop!! http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/1835085/1
I don't really know if my beliefs fit into a set system - I was raised vaguely Christian, meaning mu parents believe in God and Jesus but don't pray or go to church. What I think personally is that there is definitely a higher power that precipitated the creation of the universe, but there's no way of telling what it is or any point in worshipping it (although that doesn't stop me from begging for a light not to turn red or for a good grade on a test sometimes). I also don't believe in an afterlife.

I'm a firm believer in everyone believing what makes them happy as long as it doesn't harm others, either directly or indirectly. My three best friends are Muslim, Jewish, and Catholic. I don't even think anyone else's beliefs are necessarily wrong, it's just that I don't feel comfortable choosing one when we have no way to tell for sure.
I don't really know if my beliefs fit into a set system - I was raised vaguely Christian, meaning mu parents believe in God and Jesus but don't pray or go to church. What I think personally is that there is definitely a higher power that precipitated the creation of the universe, but there's no way of telling what it is or any point in worshipping it (although that doesn't stop me from begging for a light not to turn red or for a good grade on a test sometimes). I also don't believe in an afterlife.

I'm a firm believer in everyone believing what makes them happy as long as it doesn't harm others, either directly or indirectly. My three best friends are Muslim, Jewish, and Catholic. I don't even think anyone else's beliefs are necessarily wrong, it's just that I don't feel comfortable choosing one when we have no way to tell for sure.
y0u.png
"Nothing is written in the stars. Not these stars, nor any others."
+3 FR Time. She/her.
Atheist :)
Atheist :)
ZNhRsiG.png
I was raised Catholic, but these days I'm.... hmm, it's hard for me to put a label to it. Pagan leaning agnostic works, I guess.
I was raised Catholic, but these days I'm.... hmm, it's hard for me to put a label to it. Pagan leaning agnostic works, I guess.
OEbTfWA.pngQZBBtQI.png
Follower of mah boy J-dot. (Christian)

Believe in Natural Selection, open bisexual leaning towards ladies.

I've always taken a bit of a universalistic view of Christanity meaning:
A) God is different for everyone and shows himself in different forms. Going to church really doesn't do anything for me, but being in nature is a much more spiritual experience.
B) Anyone can get into Heaven eventually

Faith is always a struggle, especially with all my mental health stuff and crappy family situations, but I guess I gotta believe everything happens for a reason.
Follower of mah boy J-dot. (Christian)

Believe in Natural Selection, open bisexual leaning towards ladies.

I've always taken a bit of a universalistic view of Christanity meaning:
A) God is different for everyone and shows himself in different forms. Going to church really doesn't do anything for me, but being in nature is a much more spiritual experience.
B) Anyone can get into Heaven eventually

Faith is always a struggle, especially with all my mental health stuff and crappy family situations, but I guess I gotta believe everything happens for a reason.
I'm catholic, but looking into wicca quite seriously. Are there any suggestions for a learning wiccan?
I'm catholic, but looking into wicca quite seriously. Are there any suggestions for a learning wiccan?
2675f041d3bf3ccbf48b41d2a46168b98f349af9.png
LEpJMnn.png
5BsilZ9.png
NlmYDAS.png
dBieivA.png
h8gMBaZ.png
J7D1quC.png
n29EMdP.png
tSKOR3g.png
Ag- gold Agnostic. To be specific agnostic theist, I sometimes shift between that and Atheism.

Actually neither are religions but beliefs. But I think OP is looking for beliefs.

Used to be C.
Ag- gold Agnostic. To be specific agnostic theist, I sometimes shift between that and Atheism.

Actually neither are religions but beliefs. But I think OP is looking for beliefs.

Used to be C.
My writing project.
I'm an Atheist, and have been as long as I recall. I've read several holy texts and books and find them all fascinating; however I cannot reconcile my understanding and knowledge of the sciences with a belief in an omnipotent God.
I'm an Atheist, and have been as long as I recall. I've read several holy texts and books and find them all fascinating; however I cannot reconcile my understanding and knowledge of the sciences with a belief in an omnipotent God.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11