Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Stupid Phobias
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
I have a fear of people in animal costumes or anything that covers their face, and my husband is afraid of moths. He takes the spiders outside and I take the moths. :)
I have a fear of people in animal costumes or anything that covers their face, and my husband is afraid of moths. He takes the spiders outside and I take the moths. :)
Narcoleptic zombie rat mom
I'm scared of dead bugs, but not so much bugs themselves??? I have no idea why
I'm scared of dead bugs, but not so much bugs themselves??? I have no idea why
they/them
i HATE ceiling fans, my gut instinct always assumes they're going to fall down ESPECIALLY when they're wobbling or make noises. i have no idea where my fear and hatred of them comes from but i always hated being in a room with one
i HATE ceiling fans, my gut instinct always assumes they're going to fall down ESPECIALLY when they're wobbling or make noises. i have no idea where my fear and hatred of them comes from but i always hated being in a room with one
ezgif-5-d59d01f068.gif
Debbie / Nova
18 - Non-Binary - Any Pronouns
Art Shop | Wishlist
2kdMs.gifUgAP0.gifyv2d9.gifJ2yrF.gifA6sar.gif
terrified of giant beach balls, for what is actually a perfectly legitimate reason
terrified of giant beach balls, for what is actually a perfectly legitimate reason
Scared of being in wide-open spaces- coupled with a fear of fog, fear of being alone for over an hour, fear of stairs, for legitimate reasons (at least stairs is legitmate)
Scared of being in wide-open spaces- coupled with a fear of fog, fear of being alone for over an hour, fear of stairs, for legitimate reasons (at least stairs is legitmate)
Wishlist
Fbhw00G.png [img][/img]
Terrified of fire alarms. Not the fire aspect, just the noise. There's basically no reason why.
Terrified of fire alarms. Not the fire aspect, just the noise. There's basically no reason why.
WpjbI2U.gif
I watched one of those videos that play game music over unsettling photos and I think I've realized I had a little submechanophobia for a long time
I watched one of those videos that play game music over unsettling photos and I think I've realized I had a little submechanophobia for a long time
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
Glossophobia, haphephobia, athazagoraphobia, and monophobia
Glossophobia, haphephobia, athazagoraphobia, and monophobia
[quote name="Antigonish" date="2020-09-11 07:16:03" ] moths,, everytime i see one (even if it's just a picture) it feels like some deep primal fight or flight response fires up and i just have to run. it's only happened once so far that one got into my room when i was alone and the results were...uhh.. not good [/quote] I used to have this same thing but with mosquito eaters (mosquito hawks, crane flies, they have different names...). If I even saw pictures of them I'd become lightheaded and nauseous, and feel a knot in my stomach. One got into my room a year or so ago, and I was too scared to go back inside for hours (I held a book in front of me as a shield, and couldn't move without shaking when I went back in). I've had no traumatic experiences with them that I can remember, and I'm pretty sure they're harmless. It's much less prominent now, but I still tighten up if I see them, and the thought of one landing on me is terrifying. I don't even know why.
Antigonish wrote on 2020-09-11 07:16:03:
moths,, everytime i see one (even if it's just a picture) it feels like some deep primal fight or flight response fires up and i just have to run. it's only happened once so far that one got into my room when i was alone and the results were...uhh.. not good
I used to have this same thing but with mosquito eaters (mosquito hawks, crane flies, they have different names...). If I even saw pictures of them I'd become lightheaded and nauseous, and feel a knot in my stomach. One got into my room a year or so ago, and I was too scared to go back inside for hours (I held a book in front of me as a shield, and couldn't move without shaking when I went back in).

I've had no traumatic experiences with them that I can remember, and I'm pretty sure they're harmless. It's much less prominent now, but I still tighten up if I see them, and the thought of one landing on me is terrifying. I don't even know why.
xxxxxx dTi4eBQ.png
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
x
She/They | FR+0 | [theme]

00111100 00110011 00100001

tutant meenage neetle teetles
x
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
7tXS7Wb.png
hAAAA escalators and elevators for me. Anything that has to do with heights is a big nope for me haAaaaahaaa
hAAAA escalators and elevators for me. Anything that has to do with heights is a big nope for me haAaaaahaaa
don't click on this dragon--> 80511390.png
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25