Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Absurd Phobias!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45
Driving in busy traffic and anywhere beyond a 15 minute distance from my house... so I take the bus everywhere... -.-;;
Driving in busy traffic and anywhere beyond a 15 minute distance from my house... so I take the bus everywhere... -.-;;
I hate bathtubs, whether it's empty or full doesn't matter, I hate being in one (I will never take a bath. Only showers). I'm fine with lakes and pools though.

...But to be fair my family used to live in an apartment and when the upstairs neighbors moved out they left their bathtub running and it kinda... Fell through the floor... Into my room... In the middle of the night.

Okay I guess that fear is justified but it's still weird.
I hate bathtubs, whether it's empty or full doesn't matter, I hate being in one (I will never take a bath. Only showers). I'm fine with lakes and pools though.

...But to be fair my family used to live in an apartment and when the upstairs neighbors moved out they left their bathtub running and it kinda... Fell through the floor... Into my room... In the middle of the night.

Okay I guess that fear is justified but it's still weird.
I don't like light physical contact. Like if someone were to nudge or poke me for whatever reason, small stuff like that. It makes me uncomfortable to no end.

I do like hugs though, hugs are cool. it's small and light touch-y things that bother me.
I don't like light physical contact. Like if someone were to nudge or poke me for whatever reason, small stuff like that. It makes me uncomfortable to no end.

I do like hugs though, hugs are cool. it's small and light touch-y things that bother me.
I have a horrible fear of falling. Not heights, but falling.

Like, I went up into the Washington monument and when I looked out the small windows they have at the top, I was fine because the walls were solid and there was no way I was going to be able to fall out of that thing. The second you put me next to some flimsy railing on the second floor of a building, my knees go weak and I have to move away from it because I can just imagine myself toppling over it.
I have a horrible fear of falling. Not heights, but falling.

Like, I went up into the Washington monument and when I looked out the small windows they have at the top, I was fine because the walls were solid and there was no way I was going to be able to fall out of that thing. The second you put me next to some flimsy railing on the second floor of a building, my knees go weak and I have to move away from it because I can just imagine myself toppling over it.
I collect Hedgehogs!
Everglade Hedgehog Sandstrike Hedgehog
@Enigmadoodles: Oh gosh. That bathtub story is fairly hilarious. I can see why you'd be scared, though. I'm sure it's not nice to be woken up in the middle of a night by having a bathtub fall into your room. XD

As for weird phobias...well, all my phobias are weird. I'll sort them into categories based on how severe they are.

Not-so-bad phobias:
-Dead fish (I picked up a fish head on the beach as a kid once by mistake, and I guess that's how this started)
-High ceilings (I'm better with this, but the idea of staring at a ceiling that, like, reaches up to the stars themselves...I feel so squished...*shudder*)

More severe phobias:
-Fire, or more specifically, getting burned/getting my hair burned off. I'm more comfortable around campfires and such, but I'm still grossed out by burns. This phobia came about thanks to Open Season 2 because there's an oddly terrifying scene where a poodle's fur is burned in a way that makes it look like acid is searing into its fur. Please, animators, TRY TO BASE YOUR ANIMATIONS IN REALITY FOR ONCE OR YOU TRAUMATIZE KIDS FOR LIFE IF YOU DON'T. O.o
-Chicken pot pie. I tried this pie once and felt like vomiting afterwards, even though I didn't puke. I get sick when I even think of the blasted food.

So yeah...those are probably all my weirdest fears. ^^;
@Enigmadoodles: Oh gosh. That bathtub story is fairly hilarious. I can see why you'd be scared, though. I'm sure it's not nice to be woken up in the middle of a night by having a bathtub fall into your room. XD

As for weird phobias...well, all my phobias are weird. I'll sort them into categories based on how severe they are.

Not-so-bad phobias:
-Dead fish (I picked up a fish head on the beach as a kid once by mistake, and I guess that's how this started)
-High ceilings (I'm better with this, but the idea of staring at a ceiling that, like, reaches up to the stars themselves...I feel so squished...*shudder*)

More severe phobias:
-Fire, or more specifically, getting burned/getting my hair burned off. I'm more comfortable around campfires and such, but I'm still grossed out by burns. This phobia came about thanks to Open Season 2 because there's an oddly terrifying scene where a poodle's fur is burned in a way that makes it look like acid is searing into its fur. Please, animators, TRY TO BASE YOUR ANIMATIONS IN REALITY FOR ONCE OR YOU TRAUMATIZE KIDS FOR LIFE IF YOU DON'T. O.o
-Chicken pot pie. I tried this pie once and felt like vomiting afterwards, even though I didn't puke. I get sick when I even think of the blasted food.

So yeah...those are probably all my weirdest fears. ^^;
qvTNuJR.pnglogo16_zps302d6ac7.png Utter Phasma Trash
Moths is my most 'silly' pervasive fear, I guess. I just get a strong sense of revulsion and a startle reflex if I come across a picture of one (only a photo of a real one-- an artistic representation of a moth, as long as it's not hyperrealistic, is fine, and sometimes even cute), and I panic if one might touch me.

And I have friends and relatives who LOVE moths, and it's hard for them to be sympathetic. Like, they're sorry I'm upset? But they don't understand why I would be. One time I had a moth land in my soup (I had a bad cold and that was the last of the chicken soup and the only thing I could eat, as well), and my friend's reaction was 'oh no, is the moth dead?'

Yeah, I hope that little [redacted] is dead, he DOVE INTO MY SOUP, SCARING THE CRAP OUT OF ME AND PREVENTING ME FROM EATING. HE IS A MOTH AND I AM THE HUMAN FRIEND.
Moths is my most 'silly' pervasive fear, I guess. I just get a strong sense of revulsion and a startle reflex if I come across a picture of one (only a photo of a real one-- an artistic representation of a moth, as long as it's not hyperrealistic, is fine, and sometimes even cute), and I panic if one might touch me.

And I have friends and relatives who LOVE moths, and it's hard for them to be sympathetic. Like, they're sorry I'm upset? But they don't understand why I would be. One time I had a moth land in my soup (I had a bad cold and that was the last of the chicken soup and the only thing I could eat, as well), and my friend's reaction was 'oh no, is the moth dead?'

Yeah, I hope that little [redacted] is dead, he DOVE INTO MY SOUP, SCARING THE CRAP OUT OF ME AND PREVENTING ME FROM EATING. HE IS A MOTH AND I AM THE HUMAN FRIEND.
small7_zps60257e78.png
fOSQCIF.png
im terrified of tendons , tendons being visible , especially the feel of tendons . i cant stretch my legs because of this . i feel them stretching then i have to touch them then i have to throw up . i dont know why or when this developed but its . debilitating .
im terrified of tendons , tendons being visible , especially the feel of tendons . i cant stretch my legs because of this . i feel them stretching then i have to touch them then i have to throw up . i dont know why or when this developed but its . debilitating .
it/its or ey/em/eir
-1 fr time
tumblr_n89imatJWz1tfzajgo1_250.png
I really, really don't like turkeys...
Filthy birds
I really, really don't like turkeys...
Filthy birds
Nature_flight1_zps9e6574ce.png
Well I have a phobia and I favorite phobia that I don't have.

I am for an unknown reason afraid of spider webs. I have no idea how I gained this fear, because I didn't used to be afraid of them but I am currently. I am completely fine with spiders and will almost all the time get as close to them as possible because they are interesting, misunderstood creatures. However, any time I am near one of their webs I will start to freak out or freeze. I go into a total panic sometimes if one touches me, although so far the panic only happened twice. I am starting to get over it I think. The other day I was on a bike ride and a little spider made a web on my helmet to come down, and I just stood there watching it. Maybe it's just a phase. I still shudder when I see them.

My favorite phobia though, and I hope no one has it because it's probably the worst phobia, is Phobophobia. The fear of fears. It's probably my favorite because of the name, but I don't know, since I have learned about it, it has just kinda stuck with me. Am I a bad person for liking this phobia so much?
Well I have a phobia and I favorite phobia that I don't have.

I am for an unknown reason afraid of spider webs. I have no idea how I gained this fear, because I didn't used to be afraid of them but I am currently. I am completely fine with spiders and will almost all the time get as close to them as possible because they are interesting, misunderstood creatures. However, any time I am near one of their webs I will start to freak out or freeze. I go into a total panic sometimes if one touches me, although so far the panic only happened twice. I am starting to get over it I think. The other day I was on a bike ride and a little spider made a web on my helmet to come down, and I just stood there watching it. Maybe it's just a phase. I still shudder when I see them.

My favorite phobia though, and I hope no one has it because it's probably the worst phobia, is Phobophobia. The fear of fears. It's probably my favorite because of the name, but I don't know, since I have learned about it, it has just kinda stuck with me. Am I a bad person for liking this phobia so much?
djME0U2.gif
Since childhood I cannot eat anything made of pure chocolate again. ._. Even chocolate milk makes me avoid the fridge.

Never ask your grandma to make you a C.H.O.C.O.L.A.T.E. cake. /shudders
Since childhood I cannot eat anything made of pure chocolate again. ._. Even chocolate milk makes me avoid the fridge.

Never ask your grandma to make you a C.H.O.C.O.L.A.T.E. cake. /shudders
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45