Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Absurd Phobias!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45
I know someone who is afraid of rubber band. My teacher took one out and she either ran outside and hide in the classroom closet, and hysterically freaking out.

I dont like fire because I kept burning myself by accident when i was young. From the stove to the ironing thing. Turkey legs because i got food poisoned and i can't digest those things anymore. Turkey hams, etc. are ok.
I know someone who is afraid of rubber band. My teacher took one out and she either ran outside and hide in the classroom closet, and hysterically freaking out.

I dont like fire because I kept burning myself by accident when i was young. From the stove to the ironing thing. Turkey legs because i got food poisoned and i can't digest those things anymore. Turkey hams, etc. are ok.
BGibTCz.png
i have a horrible fear of veins. i dont know, something about them is disgusting and theyre so frail looking yet theyre??? everywhere. i cant explain it, but scenes involving blood bending in ATLA was a nightmare for lil ol me. which unfortunately leads to a fear of needles because it involves puncturing them and thats beyond horrible. even worse considering i have "shy" veins and doctors have an easier time locating atlantis than my veins. doesn't help i dislike large amounts of blood :/

this is an unusual one but probably my worst one, but i HATE and i mean HATE scenarios that are like invasion of the body snatchers or things like the yeerks from animorphs. when i was younger, i used to have severe paranoia about my loved ones not being themselves. id have fear of them being foreign aliens, devils, demons...anything, even if there was no justification. i cant watch horror movies like the exorcist for that reason because im terrified the paranoia will surface again. its not really that bad if whatever is possessing that person is like....obviously not okay, but if theyre good copies its just...no no no.

i also heavily dislike old fashioned stop motion movies. they scare the crap out of me and im so glad when i watched that gravity falls episode that my fear wasn't something i suffered from alone. :/
i have a horrible fear of veins. i dont know, something about them is disgusting and theyre so frail looking yet theyre??? everywhere. i cant explain it, but scenes involving blood bending in ATLA was a nightmare for lil ol me. which unfortunately leads to a fear of needles because it involves puncturing them and thats beyond horrible. even worse considering i have "shy" veins and doctors have an easier time locating atlantis than my veins. doesn't help i dislike large amounts of blood :/

this is an unusual one but probably my worst one, but i HATE and i mean HATE scenarios that are like invasion of the body snatchers or things like the yeerks from animorphs. when i was younger, i used to have severe paranoia about my loved ones not being themselves. id have fear of them being foreign aliens, devils, demons...anything, even if there was no justification. i cant watch horror movies like the exorcist for that reason because im terrified the paranoia will surface again. its not really that bad if whatever is possessing that person is like....obviously not okay, but if theyre good copies its just...no no no.

i also heavily dislike old fashioned stop motion movies. they scare the crap out of me and im so glad when i watched that gravity falls episode that my fear wasn't something i suffered from alone. :/
raffle2.png
Oh dear. I was hoping to come here and feel better about my ridiculous phobia. I think I may have you all beat.

Throughout my whole life I've had a phobia of, uh, buttons. As in clothes buttons. Just looking at them makes me feel weird, maybe slightly queasy even. It's not that I'm literally scared of them, it's that I just I can't look at them. Big wooden buttons on wool are the worst. My wardrobe is completely button-less.
Oh dear. I was hoping to come here and feel better about my ridiculous phobia. I think I may have you all beat.

Throughout my whole life I've had a phobia of, uh, buttons. As in clothes buttons. Just looking at them makes me feel weird, maybe slightly queasy even. It's not that I'm literally scared of them, it's that I just I can't look at them. Big wooden buttons on wool are the worst. My wardrobe is completely button-less.
I wouldn't call it a fear, but I get really uncomfortable when learning about anything dealing with incisions into the body. A teacher was describing how important your Achilles' tendon is (and what would happen if that thing was gone) and I had to leave the room. I'm studying anatomy for a competitive tournament and we were going to do a dissection course, but I had to duck out of it. It was just, ew. No. Stop.
I wouldn't call it a fear, but I get really uncomfortable when learning about anything dealing with incisions into the body. A teacher was describing how important your Achilles' tendon is (and what would happen if that thing was gone) and I had to leave the room. I'm studying anatomy for a competitive tournament and we were going to do a dissection course, but I had to duck out of it. It was just, ew. No. Stop.
delete_ltr.png
BLIMPS. I HATE THEM.

No, really, low-flying blimps are just awful and I cannot be near them, nor look at pictures of them.
BLIMPS. I HATE THEM.

No, really, low-flying blimps are just awful and I cannot be near them, nor look at pictures of them.
AZSzsEP.png13184.pngAZSzsEP.png
I AM SCARED OF MY STAIRS. BECAUSE I ALWAYS FALL DOWN THEM.
I AM SCARED OF MY STAIRS. BECAUSE I ALWAYS FALL DOWN THEM.
I am 8 hours ahead of Flight Rising time
cb97ddd4-47eb-11e7-9a25-11207adb8873.gifbd02d84f-4804-11e7-83b1-b56db8b8415b.gif529be394-47cd-11e7-af75-11207adb8873.gif5f64622b-47cd-11e7-b940-11207adb8873.gif5807c18f-480e-11e7-9dd4-b56db8b8415b.gif5f64622b-47cd-11e7-b940-11207adb8873.gif529be394-47cd-11e7-af75-11207adb8873.gif31b4737d-47f9-11e7-a649-11207adb8873.gifd3ff9d7a-47eb-11e7-a31f-11207adb8873.gif
Foxgloves make me really uncomfortable.
Foxgloves make me really uncomfortable.
@dangerousflower - Veins completely gross me out, too. ;___; I try not to think about them too much... I couldn't do my grade 11-12 biology labs because I started shaking and crying whenever I thought about the veins and organs. Sometimes I have to clean out whole fish at work, and it's the hardest thing. I want to cry every time, but I'm not allowed to tell the customer I can't do it. ):

I am fine with blood and I don't mind needles, though???? There's just something about gore/wounds and veins that totally freaks me out.
@dangerousflower - Veins completely gross me out, too. ;___; I try not to think about them too much... I couldn't do my grade 11-12 biology labs because I started shaking and crying whenever I thought about the veins and organs. Sometimes I have to clean out whole fish at work, and it's the hardest thing. I want to cry every time, but I'm not allowed to tell the customer I can't do it. ):

I am fine with blood and I don't mind needles, though???? There's just something about gore/wounds and veins that totally freaks me out.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I was afraid of the sound of toilets flushing up through high school. My friend always got a kick out of me rushing headlong out of stalls after flushing.

I got over it thankfully haha
I was afraid of the sound of toilets flushing up through high school. My friend always got a kick out of me rushing headlong out of stalls after flushing.

I got over it thankfully haha
@starstar32
I hate those beetles. Every few years we have a plague of the things.
One landed in my hair once and I had to pull it out. ;__;

Anyway, absurd phobias:
-My gut reaction to moths flying at me is fear but it's easily overcome. They are harmless and pretty cute. I guess it might be phobia levels, I struggled with it when I was younger.

-Bad/old taxidermy, that uncanny valley stuff. Nicely done/accurate taxidermy is fine, as in I don't have a reaction to it, but poorly done or rotting stuff is just so awful. I mean, not only do I feel revulsion, but fear. I'm not going to run away screaming or anything but it really is very unsettling to me and can give me nightmares.

Less absurdly, I really hate encountering bears or moose outdoors.
I've never had a real issue with bears, usually they just leave. But they are bears and I'm pretty aware of my situation as a frail pathetic human when I'm standing in the woods and there is a bear and her cubs 40 feet away.
But moose are literally the worst animals. They are surprisingly well camouflaged and quiet when holding still, in the winter it's hard to go four days without encountering one, summer is more like one a month, and they can be jerks.
@starstar32
I hate those beetles. Every few years we have a plague of the things.
One landed in my hair once and I had to pull it out. ;__;

Anyway, absurd phobias:
-My gut reaction to moths flying at me is fear but it's easily overcome. They are harmless and pretty cute. I guess it might be phobia levels, I struggled with it when I was younger.

-Bad/old taxidermy, that uncanny valley stuff. Nicely done/accurate taxidermy is fine, as in I don't have a reaction to it, but poorly done or rotting stuff is just so awful. I mean, not only do I feel revulsion, but fear. I'm not going to run away screaming or anything but it really is very unsettling to me and can give me nightmares.

Less absurdly, I really hate encountering bears or moose outdoors.
I've never had a real issue with bears, usually they just leave. But they are bears and I'm pretty aware of my situation as a frail pathetic human when I'm standing in the woods and there is a bear and her cubs 40 feet away.
But moose are literally the worst animals. They are surprisingly well camouflaged and quiet when holding still, in the winter it's hard to go four days without encountering one, summer is more like one a month, and they can be jerks.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45