Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Absurd Phobias!
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 44 45
My main phobia: Touching almost anything slimy (and some things that aren't actually slimy but my brain thinks are slimy anyway), especially fungi, algae and cockroaches. It's annoying because I adore the ocean and I'd love to learn how to scuba dive, but every time I try, I touch seaweed and immediately puke everywhere. =|

My most absurd fear: Having a mola fall out of the sky and land on my head. Seriously. When I was tiny, the local museum had a stuffed mola high on the wall and I never really got over how much it freaked me the hell out. It's not even their size (I'd hug an Amphicoelias if they weren't extinct), it's their proportions; they're giant bug-eyed alien frisbees of doom that will crush me to death aaagh. x_x Again, totally at odds with how much I love the ocean...
My main phobia: Touching almost anything slimy (and some things that aren't actually slimy but my brain thinks are slimy anyway), especially fungi, algae and cockroaches. It's annoying because I adore the ocean and I'd love to learn how to scuba dive, but every time I try, I touch seaweed and immediately puke everywhere. =|

My most absurd fear: Having a mola fall out of the sky and land on my head. Seriously. When I was tiny, the local museum had a stuffed mola high on the wall and I never really got over how much it freaked me the hell out. It's not even their size (I'd hug an Amphicoelias if they weren't extinct), it's their proportions; they're giant bug-eyed alien frisbees of doom that will crush me to death aaagh. x_x Again, totally at odds with how much I love the ocean...
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
People staring at me for more than a few seconds. I will and have had a panic attack x-x. Class presentations take a whole day to recover from.
People staring at me for more than a few seconds. I will and have had a panic attack x-x. Class presentations take a whole day to recover from.
PAfw65w.png
I have a phobia of dead spiders. It's the way their legs curl up. I just can't deal with it. At all.

And it's absurd because it's literally only dead spiders. A live spider in my room? Totally fine. Heck, I love them! I'm the kind of person who will pick up a live spider in their bare hands and carefully carry it outside to set it free in the garden.

But dead ones? No. Just no.
I have a phobia of dead spiders. It's the way their legs curl up. I just can't deal with it. At all.

And it's absurd because it's literally only dead spiders. A live spider in my room? Totally fine. Heck, I love them! I'm the kind of person who will pick up a live spider in their bare hands and carefully carry it outside to set it free in the garden.

But dead ones? No. Just no.
ACWh8m8.png
It's wierd but. wrists/anyone touching their wrists or touching my wrists. Makes me cringe and freaks me out. :'I
It's wierd but. wrists/anyone touching their wrists or touching my wrists. Makes me cringe and freaks me out. :'I
T5GEBka.png
I have a phobia of glitches in video games (Mainly 3D ones, like world holes in Minecraft XC)
It started ages ago, when my brothers used to play Garrys Mod. Whenever a texture fails to load it gets this pink and purple checkerboard pattern, and I think it also gave me a hint of Trypophobia, now that I think about it. Anyway, because of it, whenever I see a glitch, I immediately cover my eyes and either fix it or x out of the game. Another thing, Im also terrified of games with no-clip or momemts where the screen can go completely black. Again, this is because of G mod. Sometimes i'd look over to see what my brothers were making and they kept on no-clipping into the ground and it freaked me out.

Its funny, I love watching videos of glitches happening but I cant watch if it happens when im actually playing the game....
I have a phobia of glitches in video games (Mainly 3D ones, like world holes in Minecraft XC)
It started ages ago, when my brothers used to play Garrys Mod. Whenever a texture fails to load it gets this pink and purple checkerboard pattern, and I think it also gave me a hint of Trypophobia, now that I think about it. Anyway, because of it, whenever I see a glitch, I immediately cover my eyes and either fix it or x out of the game. Another thing, Im also terrified of games with no-clip or momemts where the screen can go completely black. Again, this is because of G mod. Sometimes i'd look over to see what my brothers were making and they kept on no-clipping into the ground and it freaked me out.

Its funny, I love watching videos of glitches happening but I cant watch if it happens when im actually playing the game....
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/1351978/1
i have a crippling fear of sloths for seemingly no reason.
i have a crippling fear of sloths for seemingly no reason.
Tarnished Cerdae Necklace she/they
fr+1
I'm afraid of ladders
I'm afraid of ladders
vmVQNPh.gif
Hairs. To be more specific: long hair that is not attached to peoples' heads anymore.
Hairs. To be more specific: long hair that is not attached to peoples' heads anymore.
vc0SOpa.png
It's not really a phobia but it IS a fear.

I'm afraid of huge things above me in an open place. Like a hot air balloon flying over, but low. Like it just took flight or it's going to land soon. So low you can hear it. When I see one, all I want to do is get in my house and hide somewhere. Once, I was sitting in the kichen and I could hear a hot air balloon flying nearby, pretty close above the ground. I literally ran away as fast as I could, away from the windows where I couldn't hear or see it. xD
Also, the thought of sailing over the sea and that there's a huge whale swimming underneath the boat is terrifying to me. I really don't know why.

Actually, maybe I should google this and see it it isn't an actual phobia... :')

My second fear is an actual phobia. It's called etemophobia, which is fear of vomiting. It's SO ANNOYING.
It's not really a phobia but it IS a fear.

I'm afraid of huge things above me in an open place. Like a hot air balloon flying over, but low. Like it just took flight or it's going to land soon. So low you can hear it. When I see one, all I want to do is get in my house and hide somewhere. Once, I was sitting in the kichen and I could hear a hot air balloon flying nearby, pretty close above the ground. I literally ran away as fast as I could, away from the windows where I couldn't hear or see it. xD
Also, the thought of sailing over the sea and that there's a huge whale swimming underneath the boat is terrifying to me. I really don't know why.

Actually, maybe I should google this and see it it isn't an actual phobia... :')

My second fear is an actual phobia. It's called etemophobia, which is fear of vomiting. It's SO ANNOYING.
xb9usn.jpg 7az1aeY.gifxb9usn.jpg
I have a fear of high ceilings. Like, I would have a panic attack if I was in here.
I have a fear of high ceilings. Like, I would have a panic attack if I was in here.
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 44 45