Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Absurd Phobias!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45
Well, I think all fear is kind of absurd and arbitrary, so I will just list all of my fears.

I've got a huge aversion to specific kinds of body horror. Like, I'm a little bit trypophobic, moderately tokophobic, and very afraid of pus. (Naturally, I'm awfully repulsed by the plague flight. Just... eww, pus.) I'm also mega trypanophobic and very afraid of driving.

As well as that, I'm afraid of surprise. I mean that I'm afraid of turning and seeing something (or someone) that shouldn't be there because it wasn't there before. I don't like looking to the side to discover that I have ants crawling on my desk, gazing out the window to see something gazing back at me, or turning over a leaf to find strange fungal growths on it. It's awfully hindering.

In the department of silliness, I was afraid of wind when I was four. If you've ever been to Pali Lookout on the island of Oahu in Hawaii, you would know that the wind there is so absurdly strong that it might actually be able to blow small children away. That's what made me terrified of wind and was a reason why I defected from Wind Flight to Arcane Flight. (I'm only mostly over it... Ugh.)
Well, I think all fear is kind of absurd and arbitrary, so I will just list all of my fears.

I've got a huge aversion to specific kinds of body horror. Like, I'm a little bit trypophobic, moderately tokophobic, and very afraid of pus. (Naturally, I'm awfully repulsed by the plague flight. Just... eww, pus.) I'm also mega trypanophobic and very afraid of driving.

As well as that, I'm afraid of surprise. I mean that I'm afraid of turning and seeing something (or someone) that shouldn't be there because it wasn't there before. I don't like looking to the side to discover that I have ants crawling on my desk, gazing out the window to see something gazing back at me, or turning over a leaf to find strange fungal growths on it. It's awfully hindering.

In the department of silliness, I was afraid of wind when I was four. If you've ever been to Pali Lookout on the island of Oahu in Hawaii, you would know that the wind there is so absurdly strong that it might actually be able to blow small children away. That's what made me terrified of wind and was a reason why I defected from Wind Flight to Arcane Flight. (I'm only mostly over it... Ugh.)
pepis_by_minecr_aft-dbxskxp.gif

• Marc • he/him • Iban Peranakan • FR -02:00 / UTC -10:00, no DST •
Former Earth Dom Organization Council

1sAnyd1.gif
bisexual_pride_by_my_world_is_split-dbjdpzj.png

03XKUqf.png
Microwaveable pies

Long story ok
Microwaveable pies

Long story ok
fKJwbdW.png
Mostly afraid of people who make up big, complicated words to describe things.
Mostly afraid of people who make up big, complicated words to describe things.
tumblr_lsfzpaqGsT1qfouteo1_500.gif
I'm afraid of being in a room that doesn't have the door closed, I'm afraid of having the basement door open without the basement light being on, I'm afraid of blinds being up when it's dark out, I'm afraid of sleeping without a light on, I'm afraid of spider webs, I'm afraid of fire and I'm afraid of cat claws.

Yep, that's about it. ^-^"
I'm afraid of being in a room that doesn't have the door closed, I'm afraid of having the basement door open without the basement light being on, I'm afraid of blinds being up when it's dark out, I'm afraid of sleeping without a light on, I'm afraid of spider webs, I'm afraid of fire and I'm afraid of cat claws.

Yep, that's about it. ^-^"
ImLwTCX.pngGSbB5tl.gifMmBygYl.gifE0IOY4y.gifImLwTCX.png
Well as most people, spiders are my worst enemy.
So are bugs in general[]butterflies are fine for some reason[].
My basement scares me when I'm down there alone.
Possible car crashes, I clutch the little container on the door for dear life if a car is near one of my parents'.
Well as most people, spiders are my worst enemy.
So are bugs in general[]butterflies are fine for some reason[].
My basement scares me when I'm down there alone.
Possible car crashes, I clutch the little container on the door for dear life if a car is near one of my parents'.
MUYNhfy.png
QRVupBA.png ACOZFAh.png hh5n4WA.png

tumblr_p14ugnvISB1v0ohcpo1_500.gif
I have a phobia of swallowing *****. Ergh I know it is mental and my girlfriend has tried to help (thanks babe ilu). I know I swallow food bigger than most of the ***** I take, but I think it has gotten worse lately because I have been vomiting the ***** before they go down. ;;
I have a phobia of swallowing *****. Ergh I know it is mental and my girlfriend has tried to help (thanks babe ilu). I know I swallow food bigger than most of the ***** I take, but I think it has gotten worse lately because I have been vomiting the ***** before they go down. ;;
It's not really a "phobia", but I feel quite uncomfortable around rulers/line gauges due to past events o__o (nothing bad don't worry haha).
It's not really a "phobia", but I feel quite uncomfortable around rulers/line gauges due to past events o__o (nothing bad don't worry haha).
naturebanner.png
Im afraid of Snuggles the Bear and most bears who look like him, like its bad i once went to buy laundry detergent and had a panic attack and almost cried >.>
oh and koalas that look too much like a stuffed bear

...and being alone
Im afraid of Snuggles the Bear and most bears who look like him, like its bad i once went to buy laundry detergent and had a panic attack and almost cried >.>
oh and koalas that look too much like a stuffed bear

...and being alone
tumblr_nm1sm0uXkM1tfzajgo1_100.gif Have a lovely day!orpan_badge_by_raorahaga-da7f6fu.png
I used to have a legitimate phobia of cotton wool balls! *ridiculous I know*

A kid at my school nearly got kicked out for hiding them around the psychology classroom just to torture me! I had to beg them to let him stay :/

Now the only thing that I really can't stand is eels. Eurgh.
I used to have a legitimate phobia of cotton wool balls! *ridiculous I know*

A kid at my school nearly got kicked out for hiding them around the psychology classroom just to torture me! I had to beg them to let him stay :/

Now the only thing that I really can't stand is eels. Eurgh.
GGxwhCh.pngXiooxiH.png
I'm terrified of worms...
... but I can hold a snake no problem.

Something's wrong with this picture.
Worms can't hurt you. Snakes can bite if you tick them off.
..wat Boolean.. wat.
I'm terrified of worms...
... but I can hold a snake no problem.

Something's wrong with this picture.
Worms can't hurt you. Snakes can bite if you tick them off.
..wat Boolean.. wat.
tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45