Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Absurd Phobias!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45
I get terrified when I'm a few feet of the ground (i.e. stepladders, standing on similar types of things), but I'm not afraid of like...roller coaster or airplane height.
I get terrified when I'm a few feet of the ground (i.e. stepladders, standing on similar types of things), but I'm not afraid of like...roller coaster or airplane height.
F4XLOsg.png
I have a legit fear of mushrooms. Yeah.

I avoid walking on grass during the worst mushroom-months, I just can't do it. I will legit scream and panic and run away if I notice I have accidentally stepped near a mushroom, be it any shape or size. Pictures are bad too.
I have a legit fear of mushrooms. Yeah.

I avoid walking on grass during the worst mushroom-months, I just can't do it. I will legit scream and panic and run away if I notice I have accidentally stepped near a mushroom, be it any shape or size. Pictures are bad too.
LIo8D8G.gif
I am afraid of a couple weird things. One of them being asteroids. Like, when I hear a plane flying overhead (you know that sound) there's a moment when I tense up and get a little scared because 'omgareweallgoingtodie?MASSEXTINCTIONNOOOOOOO'.

Another weird fear, umm immortality. I am... not a fan of the thought of being made immortal it makes my lungs go tight and everything. I think my overall antipathy towards vampire books is justified. Because -shudders- immortality ack. I can blame this on my mum playing Interview with the Vampire when I was little and agh Lestat I've just never managed to like him.
I am afraid of a couple weird things. One of them being asteroids. Like, when I hear a plane flying overhead (you know that sound) there's a moment when I tense up and get a little scared because 'omgareweallgoingtodie?MASSEXTINCTIONNOOOOOOO'.

Another weird fear, umm immortality. I am... not a fan of the thought of being made immortal it makes my lungs go tight and everything. I think my overall antipathy towards vampire books is justified. Because -shudders- immortality ack. I can blame this on my mum playing Interview with the Vampire when I was little and agh Lestat I've just never managed to like him.
tumblr_inline_nhxsklEd7y1qcphlu.pngocvw8Dk.png
It's not really a phobia I guess, but I'm always on the verge of panic if I have to congratulate someone, or worse, actually give a gift to them. Last time my father had a birthday I bought him a gift and never gave it to him because I though that is was stupid and he'd be so disappointed in it (it was one of those things you can cut garlic to tiny pieces with easily and my dad likes cooking). He probably thought I didn't even remember. It was the same on fathers' day, I panicked and walked past him probably ten times when he was watching tv (all of these times thinking 'now i'm gonna say it' and then just walking past pretending I had something to do in the kitchen) but didn't have the guts to tell him happy fathers' day and he was kinda pissy about it in the evening.

My sister had a birthday on the 12th day and I sat in my room for half an hour on the floor and stared at the Schleich horse I had bought, trying to build up the courage to give it to her. And she's 9 and she worships me so I could have probably given her anything and she would have liked it. I actually cried a bit from relief after giving it to her, just because it was over.

It's so annoying because throughout the year occasions come when you have to congratulate and give gifts to people and it just puts me down on my knees and I just want to hide and never deal with giving gifts again.

Just thinking about it now makes me want to cry 8DD It's so stupid ugh.
It's not really a phobia I guess, but I'm always on the verge of panic if I have to congratulate someone, or worse, actually give a gift to them. Last time my father had a birthday I bought him a gift and never gave it to him because I though that is was stupid and he'd be so disappointed in it (it was one of those things you can cut garlic to tiny pieces with easily and my dad likes cooking). He probably thought I didn't even remember. It was the same on fathers' day, I panicked and walked past him probably ten times when he was watching tv (all of these times thinking 'now i'm gonna say it' and then just walking past pretending I had something to do in the kitchen) but didn't have the guts to tell him happy fathers' day and he was kinda pissy about it in the evening.

My sister had a birthday on the 12th day and I sat in my room for half an hour on the floor and stared at the Schleich horse I had bought, trying to build up the courage to give it to her. And she's 9 and she worships me so I could have probably given her anything and she would have liked it. I actually cried a bit from relief after giving it to her, just because it was over.

It's so annoying because throughout the year occasions come when you have to congratulate and give gifts to people and it just puts me down on my knees and I just want to hide and never deal with giving gifts again.

Just thinking about it now makes me want to cry 8DD It's so stupid ugh.
@majmu That sounds sucky =( I can't really offer any advice, just hugs, but I hope it gets better!

My weird phobia is ants - anything that swarms, really, but ants are just the worst. Especially the smaller ones, because then you look down and realise THE WHOLE FLOOR IS MOVING - at least the bigger ones you can actually see. I thought I was alone in this but have found a few people similar to me! I actually had hypnotherapy for it a few years back and it sort-of worked - whilst I was travelling I was able to sleep in a room with an ants nest right by my bed (looking back I really don't know how I managed that), but I think it's got worse again since then =/ Luckily ants in England aren't too horrendous, but flying ant season is absolutely the worst! Who decided to give those things wings?!
@majmu That sounds sucky =( I can't really offer any advice, just hugs, but I hope it gets better!

My weird phobia is ants - anything that swarms, really, but ants are just the worst. Especially the smaller ones, because then you look down and realise THE WHOLE FLOOR IS MOVING - at least the bigger ones you can actually see. I thought I was alone in this but have found a few people similar to me! I actually had hypnotherapy for it a few years back and it sort-of worked - whilst I was travelling I was able to sleep in a room with an ants nest right by my bed (looking back I really don't know how I managed that), but I think it's got worse again since then =/ Luckily ants in England aren't too horrendous, but flying ant season is absolutely the worst! Who decided to give those things wings?!
R2XLWjZ.png
I don't really have a phobia of anything, but my friend has one of spoons and feet!
I don't really have a phobia of anything, but my friend has one of spoons and feet!
Daddy Longleg Spiders.
Who cares if they're harmless. Once you've been approached by a nest of hundreds all coming toward you...
It's safe to say I'm afraid of them.

Looking at everyones profile makes it seem like all these dragons are scared of bugs.
Daddy Longleg Spiders.
Who cares if they're harmless. Once you've been approached by a nest of hundreds all coming toward you...
It's safe to say I'm afraid of them.

Looking at everyones profile makes it seem like all these dragons are scared of bugs.
Ever since I was little, I have been terrified of men's haircuts. When my brothers would get their summer haircuts, I would run away from them, crying. I couldn't talk to them for a week or so after. I don't cry anymore, but if one of my guy friends or my boyfriend gets their hair cut, I avoid them, barely talk to them, and can't really look them in the eyes. There is literally no reason for this, and I am 100% fine with female haircuts, including my own.

I don't even like guys with long hair. XD
Ever since I was little, I have been terrified of men's haircuts. When my brothers would get their summer haircuts, I would run away from them, crying. I couldn't talk to them for a week or so after. I don't cry anymore, but if one of my guy friends or my boyfriend gets their hair cut, I avoid them, barely talk to them, and can't really look them in the eyes. There is literally no reason for this, and I am 100% fine with female haircuts, including my own.

I don't even like guys with long hair. XD
059Arcanineanimated2.gif
Pardon my pixel dust!
I'm actually really surprised that no one's mentioned trypophobia here. Like, the lotus pods and beehives and stuff. It doesn't exactly scare me, but it makes me so uncomfortable that I've cried before (i'm a big wussy okay).
I'm actually really surprised that no one's mentioned trypophobia here. Like, the lotus pods and beehives and stuff. It doesn't exactly scare me, but it makes me so uncomfortable that I've cried before (i'm a big wussy okay).
Due to a very traumatizing event in my childhood, I am absolutely, utterly, and completely terrified of frogs, and really anything small that can jump long distances. Rabbits, kangaroos, large spiders, those things don't bother me. Frogs though... ugh. I can't. I have literally cried before because a frog jumped out of the grass and onto the pavement in front of me.
*Shudders*
Due to a very traumatizing event in my childhood, I am absolutely, utterly, and completely terrified of frogs, and really anything small that can jump long distances. Rabbits, kangaroos, large spiders, those things don't bother me. Frogs though... ugh. I can't. I have literally cried before because a frog jumped out of the grass and onto the pavement in front of me.
*Shudders*
lightshieldl.png

chelsea
she | her
+2 FR

...and we came forth to behold the stars.
je67dzK.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45