Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Books About Dragons!
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
@Skykast there's a series called Scorched by Mari Mancusi that's pretty good -- in it, dragons used to live on earth thousands of years ago, but when the ice age hit they all died out except for one egg that was preserved in antarctica, and the dragon inside ends up hatching and mentally bonding with the female protagonist

there's also some sci-fi elements in it as well, and one of the characters travels back in time to the present day -- there's a couple flashbacks to his time period, and a lot of the plot is centered around things that happen in the future

the protagonist is a little too reactionary for my tastes (plus there's a love triangle with her and two guys which is just eehh imo), but the lore and such behind the dragons is cool :D

(also I'm going to ping myself here so I can find this list again eue I'm always on the lookout for new dragon books ouo @BonnieBug )
@Skykast there's a series called Scorched by Mari Mancusi that's pretty good -- in it, dragons used to live on earth thousands of years ago, but when the ice age hit they all died out except for one egg that was preserved in antarctica, and the dragon inside ends up hatching and mentally bonding with the female protagonist

there's also some sci-fi elements in it as well, and one of the characters travels back in time to the present day -- there's a couple flashbacks to his time period, and a lot of the plot is centered around things that happen in the future

the protagonist is a little too reactionary for my tastes (plus there's a love triangle with her and two guys which is just eehh imo), but the lore and such behind the dragons is cool :D

(also I'm going to ping myself here so I can find this list again eue I'm always on the lookout for new dragon books ouo @BonnieBug )
tumblr_inline_njviw527Mu1qg2i5p.png
@Skykast Heart of Dread series by Melissa de la Cruz has a dragon as a keypoint, just don't be too surprised if it isn't clear when it becomes apparent in the first book. The dragon is actually a huge spoiler.
@Skykast Heart of Dread series by Melissa de la Cruz has a dragon as a keypoint, just don't be too surprised if it isn't clear when it becomes apparent in the first book. The dragon is actually a huge spoiler.
@couchprincess got it! Thank you!

@BonnieBug Added! Thanks a lot!

@runicentropy Added to the list! Thank you! (and if and when I ever get around to reading it I promise to act surprised when the dragon shows up XD)
@couchprincess got it! Thank you!

@BonnieBug Added! Thanks a lot!

@runicentropy Added to the list! Thank you! (and if and when I ever get around to reading it I promise to act surprised when the dragon shows up XD)
Do you like reading? Do you like dragons? Do you like reading about dragons? Then click HERE for a master list of Books About Dragons!
I am in shock that no one has mentioned A Song of Ice and Fire books by George R.R Martin. Yes they might not always have dragons in it but they have dragons in it!
I am in shock that no one has mentioned A Song of Ice and Fire books by George R.R Martin. Yes they might not always have dragons in it but they have dragons in it!
aX9Qb.gif
:3 ps I'm dyslexic
@Skykast Dreamwalker by J D Oswald was really good, it's the first in a series and I'd definitely recommend it! I thought it took a little while to get going but it was still really enjoyable.
@Skykast Dreamwalker by J D Oswald was really good, it's the first in a series and I'd definitely recommend it! I thought it took a little while to get going but it was still really enjoyable.
Calenmiriel_Umbra.png
GMT | FR + 8
@Skykast
The Inheritance Cycle (Christopher Paolini) is a pretty good read, which consists of Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr and inheritance.
@Skykast
The Inheritance Cycle (Christopher Paolini) is a pretty good read, which consists of Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr and inheritance.
eiwITiZ.png
@Skykast

I found a pretty cool book in my local library called Dragon Seer by Janet McNaughton.

For some reason, I always pictured the dragons as Skydancers xD
@Skykast

I found a pretty cool book in my local library called Dragon Seer by Janet McNaughton.

For some reason, I always pictured the dragons as Skydancers xD
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
I'm so ready to get to the library right now and get all of these books. No kidding.
I'm so ready to get to the library right now and get all of these books. No kidding.
tumblr_okby0oANgV1t6x5g9o1_400.gif
Bumping because it's been a month! Remember, if you have new titles to suggest, please ping my name in your post or else I won't see it!
Bumping because it's been a month! Remember, if you have new titles to suggest, please ping my name in your post or else I won't see it!
Do you like reading? Do you like dragons? Do you like reading about dragons? Then click HERE for a master list of Books About Dragons!
@Skykast

Did someone say books about dragons? Well, here you have them, some of my favorite books about dragons. Which have surprisingly not yet been added to this list.

Anyways, here are the actual books : Aranya, Shadow Dragon, The Pgymy Dragon, and Dragonfriend all by Marc Secchia. Aranya and Shadow Dragon are part of the Shapeshifter Dragon series, and as you could probably tell, it's about humans (among other fantasy races) who can shapeshift into dragons!

There's floating Islands and rebellious kingdoms and dragonets and tyrant kings and a sprinkle of romance here and there and everything anyone who reads fantasy is sure to enjoy! The books are pretty long, and all the dragons act like dragons, even with their human counterparts. Despite all this, the dragons are the sole focus of the books, seeing as the dragons themselves have seemingly gone extinct, and now they have made a spectacularnreturn in the form of shape shifting humans!

All of the main characters, except for the one in Dragonfriend, are dragons, or can at least turn into one. I highly recommend these books to anyone who loves dragons, or just fantasy in general. The world building and character devoplment is amazing and beautiful and I just love these books so much. <3
@Skykast

Did someone say books about dragons? Well, here you have them, some of my favorite books about dragons. Which have surprisingly not yet been added to this list.

Anyways, here are the actual books : Aranya, Shadow Dragon, The Pgymy Dragon, and Dragonfriend all by Marc Secchia. Aranya and Shadow Dragon are part of the Shapeshifter Dragon series, and as you could probably tell, it's about humans (among other fantasy races) who can shapeshift into dragons!

There's floating Islands and rebellious kingdoms and dragonets and tyrant kings and a sprinkle of romance here and there and everything anyone who reads fantasy is sure to enjoy! The books are pretty long, and all the dragons act like dragons, even with their human counterparts. Despite all this, the dragons are the sole focus of the books, seeing as the dragons themselves have seemingly gone extinct, and now they have made a spectacularnreturn in the form of shape shifting humans!

All of the main characters, except for the one in Dragonfriend, are dragons, or can at least turn into one. I highly recommend these books to anyone who loves dragons, or just fantasy in general. The world building and character devoplment is amazing and beautiful and I just love these books so much. <3
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18