Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Books About Dragons!
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
@skykast Here's one to add to your list: Dragon Run, by Patrick Matthews. I have only read a bit of it, but so far it's pretty good. :3 From your list, I have read and I own: Firelight, Dragon Slippers, Wings of Fire series, The Hobbit, Dragon Rider, Dragonology, and A Song of Ice and Fire series (my favorite book series). All of them are great books, especially Dragon Slippers, Wings of Fire, and A Song of Ice and Fire (although a bit mature). Also, @sibiricus mentioned the Eragon series, and from that series I've read Eldest. Eldest is actually the second book in the series, but my librarian told me it was the first. It took so long to read and I didn't even understand much. ;-; Maybe I'll read the first book sometime. :P
@skykast Here's one to add to your list: Dragon Run, by Patrick Matthews. I have only read a bit of it, but so far it's pretty good. :3 From your list, I have read and I own: Firelight, Dragon Slippers, Wings of Fire series, The Hobbit, Dragon Rider, Dragonology, and A Song of Ice and Fire series (my favorite book series). All of them are great books, especially Dragon Slippers, Wings of Fire, and A Song of Ice and Fire (although a bit mature). Also, @sibiricus mentioned the Eragon series, and from that series I've read Eldest. Eldest is actually the second book in the series, but my librarian told me it was the first. It took so long to read and I didn't even understand much. ;-; Maybe I'll read the first book sometime. :P
Waiting 24/7 for death's sweet release (of their next hot mixtape of course)
@ Zenikay Added! Thank you! Also, just so you and @Sibiricus know, Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr are all part of "The Inheritance" series, which is on there! No worries, though! I don't think a lot of people know that the series has a different name!
@ Zenikay Added! Thank you! Also, just so you and @Sibiricus know, Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr are all part of "The Inheritance" series, which is on there! No worries, though! I don't think a lot of people know that the series has a different name!
Do you like reading? Do you like dragons? Do you like reading about dragons? Then click HERE for a master list of Books About Dragons!
@skykast Ok! I actually didn't know that ;3
@skykast Ok! I actually didn't know that ;3
@Skykast

The Enchanted Forest Chronicles, by Patricia C. Wrede, is a good series. It's mostly aimed at young adults, but I still enjoy going back and reading them even now. :3 "Dealing With Dragons" was the first one (and arguably still my favorite of the four).
@Skykast

The Enchanted Forest Chronicles, by Patricia C. Wrede, is a good series. It's mostly aimed at young adults, but I still enjoy going back and reading them even now. :3 "Dealing With Dragons" was the first one (and arguably still my favorite of the four).
Lichtdrache.gif
@Skykast This thread is great. Imma read so many things. xD

For those interested, @juncosongs and I started a book club for reading these kinds of books called Bookwyrms' Reading Lair.
@Skykast This thread is great. Imma read so many things. xD

For those interested, @juncosongs and I started a book club for reading these kinds of books called Bookwyrms' Reading Lair.
windh3.png
@Skykast

Not sure if this truely fits.

The Legacy of Heorot and the dragons of heorot by Larry niven and Jerry Pournelle.

The reason why I am not sure is because the dragons in this are not the avarage fire breathing winged beasts.

Both books are sci-fi books about colonists on a far away planet. What at first seemed to be a happy go lucky planet turned out to have reptilian creatures, larger than aligators living on them. They remain under water for most of the time, but when they hunt they release a liquid that allows them to move fast and attack fiercely.
In the first book they are mostly like fierce wild beasts. In the second book they have undergone a symbioses which increases their inteligence up to the point where they can decide if letting a human live is better for them in the long run or not.

There are several types of them and they have a relationship between them.
Those better suited for swimming can on the care of a differnt type while others will ust attack everything smaller than them.

*edit
The humans just refer to them as dragons if my memory serves me right because they have nothing else to compair them too.
Then again, might have been the translation.
@Skykast

Not sure if this truely fits.

The Legacy of Heorot and the dragons of heorot by Larry niven and Jerry Pournelle.

The reason why I am not sure is because the dragons in this are not the avarage fire breathing winged beasts.

Both books are sci-fi books about colonists on a far away planet. What at first seemed to be a happy go lucky planet turned out to have reptilian creatures, larger than aligators living on them. They remain under water for most of the time, but when they hunt they release a liquid that allows them to move fast and attack fiercely.
In the first book they are mostly like fierce wild beasts. In the second book they have undergone a symbioses which increases their inteligence up to the point where they can decide if letting a human live is better for them in the long run or not.

There are several types of them and they have a relationship between them.
Those better suited for swimming can on the care of a differnt type while others will ust attack everything smaller than them.

*edit
The humans just refer to them as dragons if my memory serves me right because they have nothing else to compair them too.
Then again, might have been the translation.
pontails_v2_0_by_viporion-d64jr46.gif
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Not even Jupiter can take back a lost oppertunity
@Cylence Got them! Thank you!

@OMGZombehs A book club is a great idea! Mind if I link that thread to mine? That way, if people want to discuss the books they read here, they have the perfect thread for it!

@Vipor I looked into it and it seems to be more of a translation thing. In fact the second book, "The Dragons of Heorot" is also the same book titled "Beowulf's Children"? (wikipedia also calls the dragons "grendels") Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think it really fits either.
@Cylence Got them! Thank you!

@OMGZombehs A book club is a great idea! Mind if I link that thread to mine? That way, if people want to discuss the books they read here, they have the perfect thread for it!

@Vipor I looked into it and it seems to be more of a translation thing. In fact the second book, "The Dragons of Heorot" is also the same book titled "Beowulf's Children"? (wikipedia also calls the dragons "grendels") Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think it really fits either.
Do you like reading? Do you like dragons? Do you like reading about dragons? Then click HERE for a master list of Books About Dragons!
[quote name="Sibiricus" date=2015-08-19 14:51:51] @Skykast I don't think anyone has mentioned Eragon? :D By Christopher Paolini. It has 3 books to follow, Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritance. Pretty much focuses on a guy who rides a dragon. I don't wanna give out any spoilers. [/quote] Beat me to it :P
Sibiricus wrote on 2015-08-19:
@Skykast I don't think anyone has mentioned Eragon? :D By Christopher Paolini. It has 3 books to follow, Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritance. Pretty much focuses on a guy who rides a dragon. I don't wanna give out any spoilers.

Beat me to it :P
ku7My32.png
@Skykast @juncosongs Sounds good! We'll link to here as well. :)
@Skykast @juncosongs Sounds good! We'll link to here as well. :)
windh3.png
@Skykast

I haven't read any of these titles, but hey, they're dragon books :)

Dragon Castle
Talking to Dragons
Dealing with Dragons

I don't know the authors, sorry. I just saw the titles in the library and wrote them down.
@Skykast

I haven't read any of these titles, but hey, they're dragon books :)

Dragon Castle
Talking to Dragons
Dealing with Dragons

I don't know the authors, sorry. I just saw the titles in the library and wrote them down.
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18