Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Books About Dragons!
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18
No Problem! After all, you help me as well. :D

Seriously, if you're only interested in collecting the english series, I could research for them. You certainly don't need the books that are exclusive to my language.

And you explained you wish to have novels which strictly have dragons as a major topic or characters. I would not recommand all of them, of course. And for those I haven't even read yet, it is far more difficult.
Some series simply have dragon's in their world, though, at least I tried to count them all.
No Problem! After all, you help me as well. :D

Seriously, if you're only interested in collecting the english series, I could research for them. You certainly don't need the books that are exclusive to my language.

And you explained you wish to have novels which strictly have dragons as a major topic or characters. I would not recommand all of them, of course. And for those I haven't even read yet, it is far more difficult.
Some series simply have dragon's in their world, though, at least I tried to count them all.
@Vehementis If you could find English titles of the books on your list I would be super grateful! And yes, I'd prefer all books on this thread primarily be about dragons, so if you only know a few series that are like that for certain, that's okay!
@Vehementis If you could find English titles of the books on your list I would be super grateful! And yes, I'd prefer all books on this thread primarily be about dragons, so if you only know a few series that are like that for certain, that's okay!
Do you like reading? Do you like dragons? Do you like reading about dragons? Then click HERE for a master list of Books About Dragons!
Bumping because it's been a month!

Also, I just read the updated Code of Conduct, and it said don't bump dead threads. Does this type of thread count? I constantly want to keep the list of books available for people who like to read and I'm always looking for new titles. I mean, I won't keep bumping it if the mods don't want me to, but I want this resource to be find-able at least until the forum search works again.
Bumping because it's been a month!

Also, I just read the updated Code of Conduct, and it said don't bump dead threads. Does this type of thread count? I constantly want to keep the list of books available for people who like to read and I'm always looking for new titles. I mean, I won't keep bumping it if the mods don't want me to, but I want this resource to be find-able at least until the forum search works again.
Do you like reading? Do you like dragons? Do you like reading about dragons? Then click HERE for a master list of Books About Dragons!
@Skykast

While I haven't read it, I have heard of The Flight Of Dragons by Peter Dickinson. It's uh, definitely centered on dragons, but isn't really a novel so much as a "if we science hard enough we can, in fact, prove that dragons were totally real look this is how they would fly, this is why no fossils exist". Again, I personally haven't read it, but I'd like to.

Besides that, I can only pipe in and be another voice vouching for Temeraire (which is on your list twice, I think, lol) and tell you that Guards! Guards! is one of my favorite starters from the Discworld books, which I highly recommend.

Aside from those notes, all of the ones I have read are already on your list, so I'm pulling some random "this has dragons in it" from the "to read" list. I hope you don't mind?

1. the Dragons of Laton series by James Stevens (I read part of it a long time ago and don't think I finished; the library didn't have the whole series)
2. Nothing But Blue Skies by Tom Holt (a hilarious story in which a dragon falls in love with a mortal, and things don't quite go right- probably not for the reasons you'd assume)
3. Firebringer Trilogy by Meredith Ann Pierce, in which the main protagonists are unicorns, fighting against wyverns (so not quite dragons, but eh)
4. Dragon America by Mike Resnick (I don't even care if this turns out to be a terrible book it sounds incredible)
@Skykast

While I haven't read it, I have heard of The Flight Of Dragons by Peter Dickinson. It's uh, definitely centered on dragons, but isn't really a novel so much as a "if we science hard enough we can, in fact, prove that dragons were totally real look this is how they would fly, this is why no fossils exist". Again, I personally haven't read it, but I'd like to.

Besides that, I can only pipe in and be another voice vouching for Temeraire (which is on your list twice, I think, lol) and tell you that Guards! Guards! is one of my favorite starters from the Discworld books, which I highly recommend.

Aside from those notes, all of the ones I have read are already on your list, so I'm pulling some random "this has dragons in it" from the "to read" list. I hope you don't mind?

1. the Dragons of Laton series by James Stevens (I read part of it a long time ago and don't think I finished; the library didn't have the whole series)
2. Nothing But Blue Skies by Tom Holt (a hilarious story in which a dragon falls in love with a mortal, and things don't quite go right- probably not for the reasons you'd assume)
3. Firebringer Trilogy by Meredith Ann Pierce, in which the main protagonists are unicorns, fighting against wyverns (so not quite dragons, but eh)
4. Dragon America by Mike Resnick (I don't even care if this turns out to be a terrible book it sounds incredible)
1WJT8l9.gif GWeNSoe.gif gZJK8U8.png VHFsfxu.gifFEJeTed.gif
Please tell me someone here has read The Dragon That Ate Summer

(too lazy to browse the thread, so I guess it's my fault :c)
Please tell me someone here has read The Dragon That Ate Summer

(too lazy to browse the thread, so I guess it's my fault :c)
20iias5.png
@einheria Thank you for the titles! I'll add them shortly~

The Flight of Dragons sounds super cool, and I'll add it to the list! But I have read the firebringer trilogy, and while I really loved each book, unfortunately dragons didn't play a significant role until the end of the series, so I'm not adding those. (if someone starts a thread on Books About Unicorns, though, I'd suggest it in a heart beat!)

Edit: also thank you for point out that I had a book on there twice! I forgot how the alphabet worked D:
@einheria Thank you for the titles! I'll add them shortly~

The Flight of Dragons sounds super cool, and I'll add it to the list! But I have read the firebringer trilogy, and while I really loved each book, unfortunately dragons didn't play a significant role until the end of the series, so I'm not adding those. (if someone starts a thread on Books About Unicorns, though, I'd suggest it in a heart beat!)

Edit: also thank you for point out that I had a book on there twice! I forgot how the alphabet worked D:
@Skyast
*deep breath*

Most things by Daniel Arenson are about a race of weredragons called Requiem. There's the Song of Dragons trilogy, The Dragon War trilogy, Dragonlore trilogy, Requiem for Dragons [currently only 2 [1 not released yet] books but expected trilogy], and Dawn of Dragons trilogy.

Dragonborn by Toby Forward, whom is an amazing author. It is book one of the Flaxfield Quarte, which series is not entirely about dragons but wizards.

Seraphina, which is on your list, has a sequel [just released] called Shadow Scales.

William O'Connor has two Dracopedia books. I loooove O'Connor, his art is amazing and he's my favourite modern artist so I'm really biased. They have bone structures, heights and some how-to draw stuff. It's like Dragonology, but I prefer O'Conner's.

Another book if you're into bone structures or want prettyyyy dragon artwork books: A Practical Guide to Dragons by Lisa Trumbauer. It's a dragon guide to another book series' world [Dragonlance]. But it has a nice bone structure AND organ structure AND running + flight sequence. I find it good for reference. I think a Wizards of the Coast artists did the artwork, the book doesn't credit the artist. :C

Dragons: A Natural History by Dr. Karl Shuker

Dragon and Phoenix and The Last Dragonlord by Joanne Bertin [immortal weredragons]

Tales of Kolmar by Elizabeth Kerner

I'm going to give a shout out to Byron Preiss' Dragonworld, even if dragons aren't in it much - but they still play a large role.

Already on your list, Last Dragon Chronicles is one of the, if not THE, best series I've read. I read the final book a few years ago and still remember it vividly. Wings of Fire is good too, but I expect that much from Tui.
@Skyast
*deep breath*

Most things by Daniel Arenson are about a race of weredragons called Requiem. There's the Song of Dragons trilogy, The Dragon War trilogy, Dragonlore trilogy, Requiem for Dragons [currently only 2 [1 not released yet] books but expected trilogy], and Dawn of Dragons trilogy.

Dragonborn by Toby Forward, whom is an amazing author. It is book one of the Flaxfield Quarte, which series is not entirely about dragons but wizards.

Seraphina, which is on your list, has a sequel [just released] called Shadow Scales.

William O'Connor has two Dracopedia books. I loooove O'Connor, his art is amazing and he's my favourite modern artist so I'm really biased. They have bone structures, heights and some how-to draw stuff. It's like Dragonology, but I prefer O'Conner's.

Another book if you're into bone structures or want prettyyyy dragon artwork books: A Practical Guide to Dragons by Lisa Trumbauer. It's a dragon guide to another book series' world [Dragonlance]. But it has a nice bone structure AND organ structure AND running + flight sequence. I find it good for reference. I think a Wizards of the Coast artists did the artwork, the book doesn't credit the artist. :C

Dragons: A Natural History by Dr. Karl Shuker

Dragon and Phoenix and The Last Dragonlord by Joanne Bertin [immortal weredragons]

Tales of Kolmar by Elizabeth Kerner

I'm going to give a shout out to Byron Preiss' Dragonworld, even if dragons aren't in it much - but they still play a large role.

Already on your list, Last Dragon Chronicles is one of the, if not THE, best series I've read. I read the final book a few years ago and still remember it vividly. Wings of Fire is good too, but I expect that much from Tui.
bxbkeiO.pngtumblr_nity0dJX6D1tc28p3o7_100.pngbxbkeiO.png
Be brave, be brave, be brave, be brave, and be brave
bumping because it's been a month! Gotta do some summer reading? Check out some books about dragons!
bumping because it's been a month! Gotta do some summer reading? Check out some books about dragons!
@Skykast

Heeey > w < Maybe this is a bit late, but oh well.

I've read Dragon Sword and Wind Child by Noriko Ogiwara. It centers around early Japanese periods and stuff. I don't know if it's your cup of tea, but yeah :3 It's got aesthetic

Then there's also Dragon's Milk by Susan Fletcher. I really like this one!
@Skykast

Heeey > w < Maybe this is a bit late, but oh well.

I've read Dragon Sword and Wind Child by Noriko Ogiwara. It centers around early Japanese periods and stuff. I don't know if it's your cup of tea, but yeah :3 It's got aesthetic

Then there's also Dragon's Milk by Susan Fletcher. I really like this one!
cTD20Dc.png
@ikitsunechann Added to the list! Thank you!

@sunfang sorry for this suuuuuper late ping, but I added all the book titles you suggested to me to the list! Thank you so much!
@ikitsunechann Added to the list! Thank you!

@sunfang sorry for this suuuuuper late ping, but I added all the book titles you suggested to me to the list! Thank you so much!
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18