Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Bad Movie Thread: Really, Really Bad
1 2 ... 106 107 108 109 110 ... 149 150
[quote name="AlpineHell" date=2016-04-19 01:01:42] In light of my recent movie night streams I feel like this topic is perfect. I'm sure Leo The Lion has been mentioned so I'll talk about the gem known as Frog Kingdom. Weird computer animated movie about frogs. Keith David is in it bless him but also how the heck did he get into these shenanigans. Plot? The King Of The Frogs™ wants his daughter to get married so he legit jist makes her first prize in the frog olympics. The ole Girl Pretends To Be A Dude trope. "I'll be shootin fer me own hand" trope. Prince Froggee Abawbwa is a character in this movie, hes basically one big weak aladdin reference. Random drifter becomes Best Bros with the princess' alter ego (some romance heavily implied too like this dude really falls in bro love). Giant snake who inexplicably has an icemaker machine at his disposal lives solely on a diet of frogs. Coincidentally the Frog King somehow killed his parents during some frog-snake war. The frog olympians are abducted and imprisoned to become snake food, this doesnt work thanks to Princess Pop Culture Reference. Snake crashes the olympics to confront the King and to eat the princess as some weird form of revenge. Did i mention the voice acting is positively horrendous, nonw of the voices sync with the character's faces. Poor Keith David. Froggy Love Interest actually leaves the princess at the altar in favor of a vagrant lifestyle, which turns out to be the freshest twist in this stale box of crackers of a movie. This movie is nearly 2 hours long. For the love of god don't watch Frog Kingdom. [/quote] This sounds absolutely hysterical. XD
AlpineHell wrote on 2016-04-19:
In light of my recent movie night streams I feel like this topic is perfect. I'm sure Leo The Lion has been mentioned so I'll talk about the gem known as Frog Kingdom.

Weird computer animated movie about frogs. Keith David is in it bless him but also how the heck did he get into these shenanigans. Plot? The King Of The Frogs™ wants his daughter to get married so he legit jist makes her first prize in the frog olympics. The ole Girl Pretends To Be A Dude trope. "I'll be shootin fer me own hand" trope. Prince Froggee Abawbwa is a character in this movie, hes basically one big weak aladdin reference. Random drifter becomes Best Bros with the princess' alter ego (some romance heavily implied too like this dude really falls in bro love). Giant snake who inexplicably has an icemaker machine at his disposal lives solely on a diet of frogs. Coincidentally the Frog King somehow killed his parents during some frog-snake war. The frog olympians are abducted and imprisoned to become snake food, this doesnt work thanks to Princess Pop Culture Reference. Snake crashes the olympics to confront the King and to eat the princess as some weird form of revenge. Did i mention the voice acting is positively horrendous, nonw of the voices sync with the character's faces. Poor Keith David. Froggy Love Interest actually leaves the princess at the altar in favor of a vagrant lifestyle, which turns out to be the freshest twist in this stale box of crackers of a movie. This movie is nearly 2 hours long.

For the love of god don't watch Frog Kingdom.
This sounds absolutely hysterical. XD
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Apartment 1303. Supposed horror/suspense movie. Really TRULY horrible acting. Like really bad. It was so funny how horrible the script was. It got a 2.6/10 on IMDb. They made 3.363 million in the box office and their movie budget was 5 million.
Apartment 1303. Supposed horror/suspense movie. Really TRULY horrible acting. Like really bad. It was so funny how horrible the script was. It got a 2.6/10 on IMDb. They made 3.363 million in the box office and their movie budget was 5 million.
e893cg.png
After hearing someone mentioned Leo the Lion, I need to talk about how I saw the last 10 minutes of the movie after coming upstairs to find my youngest brother watching it on Netflix. Where to start.... so from what I gather, the main character is a lion named Leo (Super creative.) who doesn't like to eat meat? I guess he joins an elephant herd at one point and then defeats their evil leader. He also seems to make friends with a mother elephant and her two babies. Next thing I know there's a flash forward and Leo is talking to... oh god.... [img]http://41.media.tumblr.com/2c5cd588f9621c5c33f54e1f999e8474/tumblr_inline_o5pcu5b9ZJ1qmzhvw_500.png[/img] OH MY GOD HE HAD LION/ELEPHANT BABIES?! WHAT EVEN IS THIS?! Then after that monstrosity there's a 5 minute song about being a vegetarian. They go flying off into veggie space and keep singing "I am a vegetarian!" over and over and over. I can't believe this movie was made. Let's go to more of the problems with it. For one thing the animation was very bad, not well done and everything looked very plastic. Leo's design seems to very closely resemble [url=http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/Nuka]Nuka [/url]from The Lion King 2. What I find hilarious though is the movie is obviously preaching for people to be vegetarian, and Leo talks about how he's very healthy... And you can obviously see his ribs throughout the movie and how he seems to be starving to death. Also elephant/lion babies. There's that. With just the end of the movie it's very easy to see it was [b]garbage.[/b]
After hearing someone mentioned Leo the Lion, I need to talk about how I saw the last 10 minutes of the movie after coming upstairs to find my youngest brother watching it on Netflix.

Where to start.... so from what I gather, the main character is a lion named Leo (Super creative.) who doesn't like to eat meat? I guess he joins an elephant herd at one point and then defeats their evil leader. He also seems to make friends with a mother elephant and her two babies.

Next thing I know there's a flash forward and Leo is talking to...
oh god....
tumblr_inline_o5pcu5b9ZJ1qmzhvw_500.png
OH MY GOD HE HAD LION/ELEPHANT BABIES?!
WHAT EVEN IS THIS?!

Then after that monstrosity there's a 5 minute song about being a vegetarian. They go flying off into veggie space and keep singing "I am a vegetarian!" over and over and over. I can't believe this movie was made.

Let's go to more of the problems with it. For one thing the animation was very bad, not well done and everything looked very plastic. Leo's design seems to very closely resemble Nuka from The Lion King 2. What I find hilarious though is the movie is obviously preaching for people to be vegetarian, and Leo talks about how he's very healthy... And you can obviously see his ribs throughout the movie and how he seems to be starving to death.

Also elephant/lion babies. There's that.

With just the end of the movie it's very easy to see it was garbage.
A Light Flight branded Shaker Bottle with a chocolate protein shake inside. This is the NYNG general participation Badge. A gold arrow/moon divider by dreamingcity.
Cronch
FRT+1 | He/Him
A Magnesium Amphiptere (Desert variant) from Dragon Cave.A male Pillow Dragon from Dragon Cave.
I also just remembered this movie, and sorry for the doublepost but I'm sure it hasn't been mentioned here. [img]http://images.redbox.com/Images/EPC/Kiosk/9123.jpg[/img] Hatched. It was the only thing left at Redbox when I was sick so my mom got it. The plot is very unclear. It just starts off with the mission impossible theme and the 3 chicken brothers running to their underground base to work on something when their mom is gone. There's also an alien who is basically their butler. The alien is never really explained, it is just there. So the chickens want to fly apparently so they can stop an evil vulture, who I will get to because he's honestly the best thing about the movie. The main villain is a vulture, who wants to capture the alien so he can acquire its powers of... Pausing time??? Something like that. Now the reason this vulture is the best character is because of his design. First off he has very sharp teeth. And a mustache. Not just any mustache though, a Hitler mustache. He also has bangs but, know what happens? One of them accidentally gets cut off. Not only that but he has a vaguely German/French accent. This movie literally has a Hitler vulture as a villain. [url=http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi111195417]Here's the trailer.[/url] At around 1:12 if you pause you can see the vulture. I mean, if you want to laugh at how horrible the movie is watch it. It seems to be originally Chinese so maybe there were things lost in the translation? It was funny but also just so cringy.
I also just remembered this movie, and sorry for the doublepost but I'm sure it hasn't been mentioned here.
9123.jpg
Hatched. It was the only thing left at Redbox when I was sick so my mom got it.

The plot is very unclear. It just starts off with the mission impossible theme and the 3 chicken brothers running to their underground base to work on something when their mom is gone. There's also an alien who is basically their butler. The alien is never really explained, it is just there.

So the chickens want to fly apparently so they can stop an evil vulture, who I will get to because he's honestly the best thing about the movie.

The main villain is a vulture, who wants to capture the alien so he can acquire its powers of...

Pausing time??? Something like that.

Now the reason this vulture is the best character is because of his design. First off he has very sharp teeth. And a mustache. Not just any mustache though, a Hitler mustache. He also has bangs but, know what happens? One of them accidentally gets cut off. Not only that but he has a vaguely German/French accent. This movie literally has a Hitler vulture as a villain. Here's the trailer. At around 1:12 if you pause you can see the vulture.

I mean, if you want to laugh at how horrible the movie is watch it. It seems to be originally Chinese so maybe there were things lost in the translation? It was funny but also just so cringy.
A Light Flight branded Shaker Bottle with a chocolate protein shake inside. This is the NYNG general participation Badge. A gold arrow/moon divider by dreamingcity.
Cronch
FRT+1 | He/Him
A Magnesium Amphiptere (Desert variant) from Dragon Cave.A male Pillow Dragon from Dragon Cave.
@TheHeroicOne LeoVannahIsCanon
no but srsly i watched Leo The Lion two entire times he totally does join an elephant herd. honestly though, thats not even the weirdest part. the weirdest part of leo the lion is the part where they actually assault a zebra mom into giving them her milk in exchange for being reunited with her calf and somehow??? it works???

@ImpossibleJedi4 IT TRULY IS hysterically bad >:T i usually love bad movies but frog kingdom just... -raspberry noise-
@TheHeroicOne LeoVannahIsCanon
no but srsly i watched Leo The Lion two entire times he totally does join an elephant herd. honestly though, thats not even the weirdest part. the weirdest part of leo the lion is the part where they actually assault a zebra mom into giving them her milk in exchange for being reunited with her calf and somehow??? it works???

@ImpossibleJedi4 IT TRULY IS hysterically bad >:T i usually love bad movies but frog kingdom just... -raspberry noise-
UL8LHAi.png
A N . I N J U R Y . T O . O N E
art shop | hatchery | theme song
I S . A N . I N J U R Y . T O . A L L
@AlpineHell
XD I still really want to watch Fubber because it looks so weird I just have to.
@AlpineHell
XD I still really want to watch Fubber because it looks so weird I just have to.
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Any of the John Green movies because they're all pretentious slop with irritating, blowhard characters who try too hard to sound philosophical
Any of the John Green movies because they're all pretentious slop with irritating, blowhard characters who try too hard to sound philosophical
water-banner-3_zpspqe7dfz3.gif

Well-behaved women seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
End corruption now
Anyone mentioned Norm of the North yet? That movie looks like it was animated on a toaster, not to mention the horrid and dumb plot. I could rant for a while about it, but I'm on my phone atm...
Anyone mentioned Norm of the North yet? That movie looks like it was animated on a toaster, not to mention the horrid and dumb plot. I could rant for a while about it, but I'm on my phone atm...
oZSMaBu.png "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
they/them
tumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo6_75sq.pngtumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo5_75sq.png
[/code]
Yeah, Norm of the North was pretty bad. Not sure how it got released to theaters, it's exactly the kind of movie usually released direct-to-DVD and found in bargain bins six months after release.

Recently watch another E.T. ripoff, this time from Spain, Extra Terrestrial Visitors. It has a bunch of names, and I think it was called Trumpy when MST riffed it. Also, Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla. It's supposed to be a horror comedy, but the comedy is mostly unintentional. It is also shockingly not directed by Ed Wood.
Yeah, Norm of the North was pretty bad. Not sure how it got released to theaters, it's exactly the kind of movie usually released direct-to-DVD and found in bargain bins six months after release.

Recently watch another E.T. ripoff, this time from Spain, Extra Terrestrial Visitors. It has a bunch of names, and I think it was called Trumpy when MST riffed it. Also, Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla. It's supposed to be a horror comedy, but the comedy is mostly unintentional. It is also shockingly not directed by Ed Wood.
wfqpSfF.png
So when my younger sibilings were going through their High School Musical phase I got to watch eeeevery movie that any of the actors in HSM were ever in. The guy who played Ryan was in this movie called Foodboy.
Foodboy was about this kid who was somehow simultaneously descended from every famous chef on pretty much every continent and had inhereted this power to produce food from his hands. In one of the earliest scenes, he's giving a speech in front of his classmates and mustard starts spewing from his hands. He comes home crying and his mother says "is this about food coming out of your hands?"
I don't remember almost any of the rest of the film except for the end, where his culinary contribution to the world was blue raspberry gatorade with mint in it. Tasty :/
So when my younger sibilings were going through their High School Musical phase I got to watch eeeevery movie that any of the actors in HSM were ever in. The guy who played Ryan was in this movie called Foodboy.
Foodboy was about this kid who was somehow simultaneously descended from every famous chef on pretty much every continent and had inhereted this power to produce food from his hands. In one of the earliest scenes, he's giving a speech in front of his classmates and mustard starts spewing from his hands. He comes home crying and his mother says "is this about food coming out of your hands?"
I don't remember almost any of the rest of the film except for the end, where his culinary contribution to the world was blue raspberry gatorade with mint in it. Tasty :/
iiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz04t.pngiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz085.pngiiiiiiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz0bq.png
1 2 ... 106 107 108 109 110 ... 149 150