Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Xenoviel's Lair Companion V5.1!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Hidd3nstare @Dragonmage @DeepflowManah @Fyari @AJStorm @unityManipulator @pandlewords

We've been updating steadily! All the new Sparkle genes (both ancient and modern) have been added. Please ping me or PhoenixPhaedrana if you have any issues.
@Hidd3nstare @Dragonmage @DeepflowManah @Fyari @AJStorm @unityManipulator @pandlewords

We've been updating steadily! All the new Sparkle genes (both ancient and modern) have been added. Please ping me or PhoenixPhaedrana if you have any issues.
when pinging me, my username is 0wO- number 0, then capital letter 'O'
[center][size=0][color=white]@Hidd3nstare @Dragonmage @DeepflowManah @Fyari @AJStorm @unityManipulator @pandlewords @ScrivenerLielac[/color][/size] [size=4]More updates have been rolled out! Since the last time you were pinged, we have added:[/size] [i][b]The 9th Anniversary update items[/b][/i] [center][item=bookworm][item=bookworm plushie][item=cartographer][item=Scene: Cartographer's Office][item=Vista: Cartographer's Office] [i][b]Items from the Greenskeeper Gathering (2022)[/b][/i] [center][item=Boneshard Jeweler][item=Foliage Blind][item=Malachite Gladekeeper][item=Nature's Charm][/center] [i][b]Items from the new digsite, Ancient Aerie[/b][/i] [center][item=bonecarver ancient][item=brave bonecarver cache][item=brave bonecarver stock][item=fancy terror bird][item=harpy ancestor][item=mundane terror bird][item=pet roc][item=primary gene: boulder][item=proto-roc][item=scene: ancient harpy canyon][item=secondary gene: myrid][item=skilled bonecarver cache][item=skilled bonecarver stock][item=supportive bonecarver cache][item=supportive bonecarver stock][item=vista: ancient aerie][item=wise bonecarver cache][item=wise bonecarver stock][/center]
@Hidd3nstare @Dragonmage @DeepflowManah @Fyari @AJStorm @unityManipulator @pandlewords @ScrivenerLielac

More updates have been rolled out! Since the last time you were pinged, we have added:

The 9th Anniversary update items
Bookworm Bookworm Plushie Cartographer Scene: Cartographer's Office Vista: Cartographer's Office

Items from the Greenskeeper Gathering (2022)
Boneshard Jeweler Foliage Blind Malachite Gladekeeper Nature's Charm

Items from the new digsite, Ancient Aerie
Bonecarver Ancient Brave Bonecarver Cache Brave Bonecarver Stock Fancy Terror Bird Harpy Ancestor Mundane Terror Bird Pet Roc Primary Gene: Boulder Proto-Roc Scene: Ancient Harpy Canyon Secondary Gene: Myrid Skilled Bonecarver Cache Skilled Bonecarver Stock Supportive Bonecarver Cache Supportive Bonecarver Stock Vista: Ancient Aerie Wise Bonecarver Cache Wise Bonecarver Stock
@0wO

Thank you so much for this tool! I can see it being a lifesaver for people who need to be hyper-organized. I have a question/slight suggestion for the H-Lists tab, though, for ease of use by people who want to edit the sheet to suit their own purposes but don't have the know-how to make huge edits.

Could that sheet import smaller chunks of data at once? Right now H1 imports data to the entire rest of the sheet, which makes things a lot harder to edit. For example, for ease of readability, I wanted to change the Ancient gene names to something like "Bee (A)" instead of "Bee (Aberration)", but this caused errors across the entire sheet. I considered simply removing the import and updating it myself, but then I discovered that said import controlled EVERYTHING not in columns A to G, and I'm honestly not about to update all the Apparel and prices and such myself, I just wanted genes out of that.

I have made another sheet for the purposes of adding a level dropdown and will probably expand that, but I only have a basic understanding of conditional formatting/data validation and struggled with even that for about 20 minutes. The way that sheet is organized, I found that there was a lot of information and no way for me to mark down what I didn't need without deleting all of it.

Ultimately this is probably just a "me" problem and the majority of players won't need something so specific, and if they do they probably know how to do it themselves, but I figured it was worth mentioning. :)

Keep up the good work!
@0wO

Thank you so much for this tool! I can see it being a lifesaver for people who need to be hyper-organized. I have a question/slight suggestion for the H-Lists tab, though, for ease of use by people who want to edit the sheet to suit their own purposes but don't have the know-how to make huge edits.

Could that sheet import smaller chunks of data at once? Right now H1 imports data to the entire rest of the sheet, which makes things a lot harder to edit. For example, for ease of readability, I wanted to change the Ancient gene names to something like "Bee (A)" instead of "Bee (Aberration)", but this caused errors across the entire sheet. I considered simply removing the import and updating it myself, but then I discovered that said import controlled EVERYTHING not in columns A to G, and I'm honestly not about to update all the Apparel and prices and such myself, I just wanted genes out of that.

I have made another sheet for the purposes of adding a level dropdown and will probably expand that, but I only have a basic understanding of conditional formatting/data validation and struggled with even that for about 20 minutes. The way that sheet is organized, I found that there was a lot of information and no way for me to mark down what I didn't need without deleting all of it.

Ultimately this is probably just a "me" problem and the majority of players won't need something so specific, and if they do they probably know how to do it themselves, but I figured it was worth mentioning. :)

Keep up the good work!
BYuYwFJ.pngcikPv2b.png
sKduNXf.pngJZT1CKc.png
@Keileon Thank you for such thoughtful and well-written feedback!Customizability, especially in terms of the H-Lists, is definitely a good idea, and a level dropdown is also genius! I'll talk to @PhoenixPhaedrana about it, and we'll see what we can do. Thank you for your suggestions, I hope you continue to enjoy using Xenoviel's Lair Companion. ^^
@Keileon Thank you for such thoughtful and well-written feedback!Customizability, especially in terms of the H-Lists, is definitely a good idea, and a level dropdown is also genius! I'll talk to @PhoenixPhaedrana about it, and we'll see what we can do. Thank you for your suggestions, I hope you continue to enjoy using Xenoviel's Lair Companion. ^^
@Keileon Hey there! If I'm understanding correctly, you're asking if we can divide the data into imported [i]columns[/i] instead of the entire thing? If so, I definitely could, if that'd make it easier for you. Of course, we can't stop importing entirely otherwise we would have no way of editing in updates for all user copies. Let me know if that's what you're asking for! Also, for the leveling thing I'd love to add it to the main sheet if you find it useful- feel free to dm me or reply to this thread with any suggestions/concepts you have so far, as I have a pretty good understanding of working with this tool at this point (building some parts back from the ground up does that for you [emoji=coatl winking size=1])
@Keileon Hey there!

If I'm understanding correctly, you're asking if we can divide the data into imported columns instead of the entire thing? If so, I definitely could, if that'd make it easier for you. Of course, we can't stop importing entirely otherwise we would have no way of editing in updates for all user copies.

Let me know if that's what you're asking for! Also, for the leveling thing I'd love to add it to the main sheet if you find it useful- feel free to dm me or reply to this thread with any suggestions/concepts you have so far, as I have a pretty good understanding of working with this tool at this point (building some parts back from the ground up does that for you )
eq6zQ9M.pngyUJyALg.png
4xqaZpf.png
1dbVtvH.png
G8AyR6r.png
6Ef6hwD.png
YeWVG9M.png EypKCgu.png
@PhoenixPhaedrana

More or less what I was asking for, yes! I know the importing itself is important, I was just wanting to know if it could import in smaller chunks.

I've since heavily edited the sheet with the help of a friend and I do have some comments/suggestions:

1. The Pair Workshop appears to break if you try to expand it to fit more pairs at once. This is likely more user error on my part, because I was copying and pasting the sections to expand the sheet to begin with, but essentially it will still show the genes and colors of selected dragons but no longer shows color range or gene probability. It also appears to struggle with Aberration gene probability. Maybe it would be easier to expand this sheet on the master copy?

2. Some sort of Familiar tracker would not only be helpful on its own, but possibly streamline the process of inputting large amounts of dragons into the sheet. Probably tracking ownership, method of acquisition, bond level, etc.

3. My friend and I made a version of the projects tab for wishlist dragons that don't actually exist yet. Also, we made it so that you select the eye type, and it then retrieves the vial name, instead of selecting the vial name because most of them are different and can be unintuitive.

The sheet absolutely works fine as it is and the majority of players likely won't need such specific, tailored features as we added to my copy, but those are the ones that I think would be widely appreciated.
@PhoenixPhaedrana

More or less what I was asking for, yes! I know the importing itself is important, I was just wanting to know if it could import in smaller chunks.

I've since heavily edited the sheet with the help of a friend and I do have some comments/suggestions:

1. The Pair Workshop appears to break if you try to expand it to fit more pairs at once. This is likely more user error on my part, because I was copying and pasting the sections to expand the sheet to begin with, but essentially it will still show the genes and colors of selected dragons but no longer shows color range or gene probability. It also appears to struggle with Aberration gene probability. Maybe it would be easier to expand this sheet on the master copy?

2. Some sort of Familiar tracker would not only be helpful on its own, but possibly streamline the process of inputting large amounts of dragons into the sheet. Probably tracking ownership, method of acquisition, bond level, etc.

3. My friend and I made a version of the projects tab for wishlist dragons that don't actually exist yet. Also, we made it so that you select the eye type, and it then retrieves the vial name, instead of selecting the vial name because most of them are different and can be unintuitive.

The sheet absolutely works fine as it is and the majority of players likely won't need such specific, tailored features as we added to my copy, but those are the ones that I think would be widely appreciated.
BYuYwFJ.pngcikPv2b.png
sKduNXf.pngJZT1CKc.png
thank you so much for continuing this tool’s legacy! i discovered the original version and had to go on a hunt in hopes of finding someone out there still updating it haha. i do have to ask — is the selection for veilspun primary genes currently unavailable, or have i done something to break it in my copy maybe…? when i go to choose a primary gene, there are no options for veilspun specifically (but all the primary genes for the other ancient breeds are still selectable). i’ve triple-checked that i entered the correct information (selected both “ancient” and “veilspun” under the breed type and breed columns, respectively). thanks in advance :]
thank you so much for continuing this tool’s legacy! i discovered the original version and had to go on a hunt in hopes of finding someone out there still updating it haha. i do have to ask — is the selection for veilspun primary genes currently unavailable, or have i done something to break it in my copy maybe…? when i go to choose a primary gene, there are no options for veilspun specifically (but all the primary genes for the other ancient breeds are still selectable). i’ve triple-checked that i entered the correct information (selected both “ancient” and “veilspun” under the breed type and breed columns, respectively). thanks in advance :]
851955706520666183.png
[size=1]@Hidd3nstare @Dragonmage @DeepflowManah @Fyari @AJStorm @unityManipulator @pandlewords @ScrivenerLielac @Eonka @sunscape[/size] [size=4]Another update, everybody! We've fixed some bugs, and added items from the latest updates; [center][b][i][size=4]Ancient Parallels[/size][/i][/b] [item=Tertiary Gene: Glimmer (Aberration)][item=Tertiary Gene: Glimmer (Banescale)][item=Tertiary Gene: Glimmer (Gaoler)][item=Tertiary Gene: Glimmer (Veilspun)] [item=Primary Gene: Flaunt (Aberration)][item=Secondary Gene: Flair (Aberration)][item=Primary Gene: Flaunt (Gaoler)][item=Secondary Gene: Flair (Aberration)] [center][b][i][size=4]Flecks of Greatness[/size][/i][/b] [item=Tertiary Gene: Flecks][item=Tertiary Gene: Flecks (Aberration)] [center][b][i][size=4]Thundercrack Carnivale 2022[/size][/i][/b] [item=Lightning Aura][item=Powered Implants][item=Thunderback Slink][item=Tumbling Jeweler] [center][b][i][size=4]Woodland Path Expansion[/size][/i][/b] [item=Flying Fawn][item=Velvet Fawn][item=Winter Glade Lord][item=Spring Glade Lord][item=Spongy Spingy][item=Featherfoot Spingy][item=Moonglow Nightjar][item=Glorious Dayjar][item=Woodoon][item=Scarlet-Crested Woodoon][item=Trumpet Porcupine][item=Aurelian Porcupine][item=Scene: Woodland Path] [center][b][i][size=4]Warrior's Way 2022[/size][/i][/b] [item=Blade Horror][item=Sword Spider][item=Serrated Snake][item=Bladed Boa][item=Bloodwing Owlcat][item=Warblade Owlcat][item=Battlelisk][item=Albino Battlelisk][item=Armed Flight][item=War Flight][item=Oak Club][item=Bandolier][item=Advanced Crossbow][item=Kusarigama][item=Vista: Battlefield][item=Scene: Foundry Battle][item=Birch Club][item=Black Bandolier][item=Crossbow][item=Poisoned Kusarigama][item=Scene: Hall of Armor][item=Power Up Aura][item=Warrior Spirit][/center] [size=4]Thank you for your patience, we hope you continue to enjoy Xenoviel's Lair Companion!
@Hidd3nstare @Dragonmage @DeepflowManah @Fyari @AJStorm @unityManipulator @pandlewords @ScrivenerLielac @Eonka @sunscape

Another update, everybody! We've fixed some bugs, and added items from the latest updates;

Ancient Parallels

Flecks of Greatness
Tertiary Gene: Flecks
Thundercrack Carnivale 2022
Lightning Aura Powered Implants Thunderback Slink Tumbling Jeweler
Woodland Path Expansion
Flying Fawn Velvet Fawn Winter Glade Lord Spring Glade Lord Spongy Spingy Featherfoot Spingy Moonglow Nightjar Glorious Dayjar Woodoon Scarlet-Crested Woodoon Trumpet Porcupine Aurelian Porcupine Scene: Woodland Path
Warrior's Way 2022
Blade Horror Sword Spider Serrated Snake Bladed Boa Bloodwing Owlcat Warblade Owlcat Battlelisk Albino Battlelisk Armed Flight War Flight Oak Club Bandolier Advanced Crossbow Kusarigama Vista: Battlefield Scene: Foundry Battle Birch Club Black Bandolier Crossbow Poisoned Kusarigama Scene: Hall of Armor Power Up Aura Warrior Spirit

Thank you for your patience, we hope you continue to enjoy Xenoviel's Lair Companion!
@0wO

Sorry I never replied to your PM, so first things first, thanks for all your hard work!

That said, the Ancient secondary genes still have the cutoff problem after the first line, now at Peregrine (Banescale). Maybe it IS a problem on my end, but I'm using new copies. It's the only gene that does it.
@0wO

Sorry I never replied to your PM, so first things first, thanks for all your hard work!

That said, the Ancient secondary genes still have the cutoff problem after the first line, now at Peregrine (Banescale). Maybe it IS a problem on my end, but I'm using new copies. It's the only gene that does it.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
@DeepflowManah Of course! Thank you for letting us know the issue still persists; we'll try to get it sorted as quickly as possible for you.
@DeepflowManah Of course! Thank you for letting us know the issue still persists; we'll try to get it sorted as quickly as possible for you.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7