Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Xenoviel's Lair Companion V5.1!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Unrelated to the Aberration update, but I wish this lair companion had a way to automate or at least quicken the pace of plugging in your dragons' info for the sheet. Right now since it's entirely manual, it's a long and tedious process.
Unrelated to the Aberration update, but I wish this lair companion had a way to automate or at least quicken the pace of plugging in your dragons' info for the sheet. Right now since it's entirely manual, it's a long and tedious process.
KTRqLr.gif dHC8aP1.png
CioCFC3.png
or7Yz8j.png
jA5A7gu.png
bYt72YT.png
2VtxnMX.png
PpMY10h.png
mlHpBMC.png
KTRLDg.png
@ReZonancE Hi! Currently, we haven't thought of a way to add this kind of feature without scraping site data (which is frowned upon by the staff), though we totally understand the need for some automation.

We'd be happy to add a feature like this, and if you happen to know any other lair companions that have managed to automate the process/have a solution yourself, I would love to know. Please send me or @PhoenixPhaedrana a PM if you do. Thank you for your feedback!
@ReZonancE Hi! Currently, we haven't thought of a way to add this kind of feature without scraping site data (which is frowned upon by the staff), though we totally understand the need for some automation.

We'd be happy to add a feature like this, and if you happen to know any other lair companions that have managed to automate the process/have a solution yourself, I would love to know. Please send me or @PhoenixPhaedrana a PM if you do. Thank you for your feedback!
when pinging me, my username is 0wO- number 0, then capital letter 'O'
Yeah anyone who has suggestions I'm all ears. I can't even think of doing it WITH scraping the site data, if I knew how, because secret: I'm not actually a professional programmer sjdkfjdsf.
Yeah anyone who has suggestions I'm all ears. I can't even think of doing it WITH scraping the site data, if I knew how, because secret: I'm not actually a professional programmer sjdkfjdsf.
eq6zQ9M.pngyUJyALg.png
4xqaZpf.png
1dbVtvH.png
G8AyR6r.png
6Ef6hwD.png
YeWVG9M.png EypKCgu.png
It's not automation, but to make things easier when adding each dragon, I added a 'Converter' tab so I can copy the parts of the dragon page data such as name, ID and the Physical Attribute section directly into the google sheet, then have a row doing some cell reference to put the data in the right spots. then copy and paste into Dragon Data tab. Screenshots to kinda show what I'm talking about: [img]https://i.imgur.com/oSYG6DG.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/f2aOrNZ.png[/img] (sorry for the screen filter, I forgot to disable it...) I don't know how helpful this will be because each dragon still need to be added individually. [b]EDIT: [/b] The formulae for the dragon name and ID extracting cells have been changed! I forgot about the non 8-digit dragon IDs. For Dragon Name, use [code]=mid(B13,1,find("#",B13)-2)[/code] For Dragon ID, use [code]=mid(B13,find("#",B13)+1,len(B13)-find("#",B13)-1)[/code]
It's not automation, but to make things easier when adding each dragon, I added a 'Converter' tab so I can copy the parts of the dragon page data such as name, ID and the Physical Attribute section directly into the google sheet, then have a row doing some cell reference to put the data in the right spots. then copy and paste into Dragon Data tab.

Screenshots to kinda show what I'm talking about:

oSYG6DG.png

f2aOrNZ.png

(sorry for the screen filter, I forgot to disable it...)

I don't know how helpful this will be because each dragon still need to be added individually.

EDIT:
The formulae for the dragon name and ID extracting cells have been changed! I forgot about the non 8-digit dragon IDs.

For Dragon Name, use
Code:
=mid(B13,1,find("#",B13)-2)

For Dragon ID, use
Code:
=mid(B13,find("#",B13)+1,len(B13)-find("#",B13)-1)
vcT7HRl.png jHrDE6K.png -
Free-to-Use
Arcane House
Cup Cacti!

Click -->
5D5fofG.png
[quote name="shizuyue" date="2022-03-07 09:19:23" ] It's not automation, but to make things easier when adding each dragon, I added a 'Converter' tab so I can copy the parts of the dragon page data such as name, ID and the Physical Attribute section directly into the google sheet, then have a row doing some cell reference to put the data in the right spots. then copy and paste into Dragon Data tab. Screenshots to kinda show what I'm talking about: [img]https://i.imgur.com/oSYG6DG.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/f2aOrNZ.png[/img] (sorry for the screen filter, I forgot to disable it...) I don't know how helpful this will be because each dragon still need to be added individually. [/quote] Ohhh interesting! I like that. It could be useful for the dragon datasheet. I often forget to update when I change the gene/breed of a dragon (I think Stormweaver might still be listed as a fae in mine...), so I can see the application for sure.
shizuyue wrote on 2022-03-07 09:19:23:
It's not automation, but to make things easier when adding each dragon, I added a 'Converter' tab so I can copy the parts of the dragon page data such as name, ID and the Physical Attribute section directly into the google sheet, then have a row doing some cell reference to put the data in the right spots. then copy and paste into Dragon Data tab.

oSYG6DG.png

f2aOrNZ.png

I don't know how helpful this will be because each dragon still need to be added individually.

Ohhh interesting! I like that. It could be useful for the dragon datasheet. I often forget to update when I change the gene/breed of a dragon (I think Stormweaver might still be listed as a fae in mine...), so I can see the application for sure.
eq6zQ9M.pngyUJyALg.png
4xqaZpf.png
1dbVtvH.png
G8AyR6r.png
6Ef6hwD.png
YeWVG9M.png EypKCgu.png
[quote name="shizuyue" date="2022-03-07 09:19:23" ] It's not automation, but to make things easier when adding each dragon, I added a 'Converter' tab so I can copy the parts of the dragon page data such as name, ID and the Physical Attribute section directly into the google sheet, then have a row doing some cell reference to put the data in the right spots. then copy and paste into Dragon Data tab. Screenshots to kinda show what I'm talking about: [img]https://i.imgur.com/oSYG6DG.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/f2aOrNZ.png[/img] (sorry for the screen filter, I forgot to disable it...) I don't know how helpful this will be because each dragon still need to be added individually. [/quote] This is how most sheets do it, yeah. It's not total automation but it's better than having to plug all the info in manually.

oSYG6DG.png

f2aOrNZ.png

This is how most sheets do it, yeah. It's not total automation but it's better than having to plug all the info in manually.
KTRqLr.gif dHC8aP1.png
CioCFC3.png
or7Yz8j.png
jA5A7gu.png
bYt72YT.png
2VtxnMX.png
PpMY10h.png
mlHpBMC.png
KTRLDg.png
[quote name="ReZonancE" date="2022-03-07 13:37:23" ] This is how most sheets do it, yeah. It's not total automation but it's better than having to plug all the info in manually. [/quote] Ah, I see, I didn't know that. Learned a new thing today. ^^ I guess it's hard to automate without some form of web scrapping...
ReZonancE wrote on 2022-03-07 13:37:23:
This is how most sheets do it, yeah. It's not total automation but it's better than having to plug all the info in manually.
Ah, I see, I didn't know that. Learned a new thing today. ^^

I guess it's hard to automate without some form of web scrapping...
Free-to-Use
Arcane House
Cup Cacti!

Click -->
5D5fofG.png
[quote name="shizuyue" date="2022-03-07 09:19:23" ] It's not automation, but to make things easier when adding each dragon, I added a 'Converter' tab so I can copy the parts of the dragon page data such as name, ID and the Physical Attribute section directly into the google sheet, then have a row doing some cell reference to put the data in the right spots. then copy and paste into Dragon Data tab. Screenshots to kinda show what I'm talking about: [img]https://i.imgur.com/oSYG6DG.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/f2aOrNZ.png[/img] (sorry for the screen filter, I forgot to disable it...) I don't know how helpful this will be because each dragon still need to be added individually. [/quote] Oh, this works great! It goes a little weird with 7-digit dragon IDs (cut off the end of the name, kept the initial # on the ID), but it's still so much faster to do a quick check than manually type in all this data for 100-odd dragons.

oSYG6DG.png

f2aOrNZ.png

Oh, this works great! It goes a little weird with 7-digit dragon IDs (cut off the end of the name, kept the initial # on the ID), but it's still so much faster to do a quick check than manually type in all this data for 100-odd dragons.
[quote name="ScrivenerLielac" date="2022-03-16 10:03:41" ] Oh, this works great! It goes a little weird with 7-digit dragon IDs (cut off the end of the name, kept the initial # on the ID), but it's still so much faster to do a quick check than manually type in all this data for 100-odd dragons. [/quote] Ahhh my bad, I forgot not all dragons have 8 digit IDs. I will correct the formula to take that into account.
ScrivenerLielac wrote on 2022-03-16 10:03:41:
Oh, this works great! It goes a little weird with 7-digit dragon IDs (cut off the end of the name, kept the initial # on the ID), but it's still so much faster to do a quick check than manually type in all this data for 100-odd dragons.
Ahhh my bad, I forgot not all dragons have 8 digit IDs. I will correct the formula to take that into account.
Free-to-Use
Arcane House
Cup Cacti!

Click -->
5D5fofG.png
Okay, I fixed it! For Dragon Name, use [code]=mid(B13,1,find("#",B13)-2)[/code] For Dragon ID, use [code]=mid(B13,find("#",B13)+1,len(B13)-find("#",B13)-1)[/code] Change 'B13' to whatever cell the Name and ID is being copied into. Also, I added blank rows for my sheet to paste the processed dragon data (values only) to temporarily then copy the whole batch to the actual Dragon Data tab after. [img]https://i.imgur.com/g2imDLy.png[/img]
Okay, I fixed it!

For Dragon Name, use
Code:
=mid(B13,1,find("#",B13)-2)

For Dragon ID, use
Code:
=mid(B13,find("#",B13)+1,len(B13)-find("#",B13)-1)

Change 'B13' to whatever cell the Name and ID is being copied into.

Also, I added blank rows for my sheet to paste the processed dragon data (values only) to temporarily then copy the whole batch to the actual Dragon Data tab after.

g2imDLy.png
Free-to-Use
Arcane House
Cup Cacti!

Click -->
5D5fofG.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7