Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide]So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I'm using this for sure!
I'm trying to start a "breed" Hatchery with diffrent breeds. I have the dragons up with minimal looks just incase I would get any sales. Can you check it out and see what I could do better? https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2876757/1#post_43754502

(I know the Basic and Breeds art doesn't match the other 2 fixing that soon)
I'm using this for sure!
I'm trying to start a "breed" Hatchery with diffrent breeds. I have the dragons up with minimal looks just incase I would get any sales. Can you check it out and see what I could do better? https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2876757/1#post_43754502

(I know the Basic and Breeds art doesn't match the other 2 fixing that soon)
Hatchery (Dragon Shop)
AO77JKB.gif
@RosyWindFox

Hi here! I looked at your hatchery and I'm unclear on the theme. I'm assuming that the "Starry Skies" and "Shimmering Seas" are examples of the breeds you're selling/creating?

If you're selling fan-official subspecies (like flamebebes, which are the only ones I'm familiar with) than I would put a list of the ones you are specializing in at the top, maybe even in the first post, so collectors know if you have what thye're looking for.

If they're your own breed creation, I would try to get them registered with one of the breeding or collectors association that specializes in subspecies, since that will increase your sales odds.

I'm getting the sense that the "Basic" section is kind of, assorted dragon sales that don't necessarily fit your hatchery stock? In which case I would make it the last sales section listed.
@RosyWindFox

Hi here! I looked at your hatchery and I'm unclear on the theme. I'm assuming that the "Starry Skies" and "Shimmering Seas" are examples of the breeds you're selling/creating?

If you're selling fan-official subspecies (like flamebebes, which are the only ones I'm familiar with) than I would put a list of the ones you are specializing in at the top, maybe even in the first post, so collectors know if you have what thye're looking for.

If they're your own breed creation, I would try to get them registered with one of the breeding or collectors association that specializes in subspecies, since that will increase your sales odds.

I'm getting the sense that the "Basic" section is kind of, assorted dragon sales that don't necessarily fit your hatchery stock? In which case I would make it the last sales section listed.
[TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator | [GUIDE] So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2 | [GUIDE] Sorneith Job Catalog | [A] Silverbow's Odds 'n Ends
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
Thank You!
Thank You!
Hatchery (Dragon Shop)
AO77JKB.gif
Great resource here! I've just started up my own hatchery, tentatively, and this is great feedback.

I gotta say, I really don't have a "theme". I'm sure it would help encourage sales if I did, but hey, fingers crossed that folks still like my dragons regardless!!
>> https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2893785 <<
Also, since it's so new, I could definitely narrow my theme down eventually. I've just been playing FR casually for 5-ish years, and I wanna get more involved!
Great resource here! I've just started up my own hatchery, tentatively, and this is great feedback.

I gotta say, I really don't have a "theme". I'm sure it would help encourage sales if I did, but hey, fingers crossed that folks still like my dragons regardless!!
>> https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2893785 <<
Also, since it's so new, I could definitely narrow my theme down eventually. I've just been playing FR casually for 5-ish years, and I wanna get more involved!
g3tMjnW.png
@fusionjazz

Wow your graphics for it are really awesome! Did you do those yourself?
@fusionjazz

Wow your graphics for it are really awesome! Did you do those yourself?
[TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator | [GUIDE] So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2 | [GUIDE] Sorneith Job Catalog | [A] Silverbow's Odds 'n Ends
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
@ScalyMaiden Yes! I should put a modest little self-credit in there.
@ScalyMaiden Yes! I should put a modest little self-credit in there.
g3tMjnW.png
@fusionjazz

That's so cool! I'm an artist but graphic design isn't my thing so I've been kind of dreading doing hatchery banners, lol
@fusionjazz

That's so cool! I'm an artist but graphic design isn't my thing so I've been kind of dreading doing hatchery banners, lol
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
@ScalyMaiden Hit me up sometime if you need some simple lil graphics! :)
@ScalyMaiden Hit me up sometime if you need some simple lil graphics! :)
g3tMjnW.png
@ScalyMaiden

I've been thinking of working my way up slowly to a hatchery as part of a personal challenge, so this guide was very helpful, thank you!

Though I do have a question, if you don't mind :)

If my Flight's eyes really wouldn't match the theme, but I really don't want to change Flights, would using nest rentals be a good idea? I'd not use free ones if that were the case, but would that just be too much hassle or too expensive?

Thank you ^_^
@ScalyMaiden

I've been thinking of working my way up slowly to a hatchery as part of a personal challenge, so this guide was very helpful, thank you!

Though I do have a question, if you don't mind :)

If my Flight's eyes really wouldn't match the theme, but I really don't want to change Flights, would using nest rentals be a good idea? I'd not use free ones if that were the case, but would that just be too much hassle or too expensive?

Thank you ^_^
MZeTqmO.png Avatar Dragon
@PaintedThree

I feel like that counts as the research phase. It doesn't hurt to check out what people's prices are and make a note of them. There are a lot of factors that go into pricing so I don't see a downside, but I wouldn't give them too much weight until you've settled on your theme and more importantly, your target customers.

With regard to nest rentals, if you're not going to be using your OWN nests in your hatchery, then I highly recommend that you join one of those nest rental networks (you'll see them around sometimes in the Dragon Trading or Dragon Share forums). Members are usually vetted so it's the safest way to rent nests. Keep in mind that there is always some risk- even if people are not looking to steal your dragons, there is always the risk their real life will catch up to them in some way and your dragons will be delayed or the player will go AWOL.

It's usually pretty cheap to rent a nest, so as long as your dragons are actually selling, I don't think it's too expensive. The going price is 3k-5k treasure, plus maybe a little bit of food if the renter asks for it. If your dragons are particularly irreplaceable, asking for collateral might be a good idea. Collateral would be a rare dragon or item that they will want to make sure they get back, and whose value will cover, or at least help to cover, the expense of replacing your dragons if the renter keeps them.

Nest rentals basically means some increased hassle and risk, but it's up to you whether or not it's worth it. You have far less control over the timing of your hatches as well, because you'll need to find a renter and then hope they remember to incubate every single day, which they might not.

The hatchery I'm currently building is centered around flight ambassadors, so nest rentals are an absolute necessity, but it does add a lot of extra things to consider and worry about.
@PaintedThree

I feel like that counts as the research phase. It doesn't hurt to check out what people's prices are and make a note of them. There are a lot of factors that go into pricing so I don't see a downside, but I wouldn't give them too much weight until you've settled on your theme and more importantly, your target customers.

With regard to nest rentals, if you're not going to be using your OWN nests in your hatchery, then I highly recommend that you join one of those nest rental networks (you'll see them around sometimes in the Dragon Trading or Dragon Share forums). Members are usually vetted so it's the safest way to rent nests. Keep in mind that there is always some risk- even if people are not looking to steal your dragons, there is always the risk their real life will catch up to them in some way and your dragons will be delayed or the player will go AWOL.

It's usually pretty cheap to rent a nest, so as long as your dragons are actually selling, I don't think it's too expensive. The going price is 3k-5k treasure, plus maybe a little bit of food if the renter asks for it. If your dragons are particularly irreplaceable, asking for collateral might be a good idea. Collateral would be a rare dragon or item that they will want to make sure they get back, and whose value will cover, or at least help to cover, the expense of replacing your dragons if the renter keeps them.

Nest rentals basically means some increased hassle and risk, but it's up to you whether or not it's worth it. You have far less control over the timing of your hatches as well, because you'll need to find a renter and then hope they remember to incubate every single day, which they might not.

The hatchery I'm currently building is centered around flight ambassadors, so nest rentals are an absolute necessity, but it does add a lot of extra things to consider and worry about.
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8