Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide]So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@ScalyMaiden

Thank you, that does help a lot :)

@ScalyMaiden

Thank you, that does help a lot :)

MZeTqmO.png Avatar Dragon
@PaintedThree

I'm glad. Good luck!
@PaintedThree

I'm glad. Good luck!
[TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator | [GUIDE] So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2 | [GUIDE] Sorneith Job Catalog | [A] Silverbow's Odds 'n Ends
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
How do I make headers and footers, to direct people to specific posts in my thread?
How do I make headers and footers, to direct people to specific posts in my thread?
@Kirority In the upper right corner of each post is a little link symbol, just click on that to copy the post's URL and then post the link as you would normally. Image links are created this way: [code][url=LINK GOES HERE][img]IMAGE URL[/img][/url][/code] You can make banners yourself using any art program of your choice (GIMP is a free program that is pretty good for layouts and graphic design, but there are lots of options). There are also plenty of people with art shops over in the art forum who will make banners for you.
@Kirority

In the upper right corner of each post is a little link symbol, just click on that to copy the post's URL and then post the link as you would normally.

Image links are created this way:
Code:
[url=LINK GOES HERE][img]IMAGE URL[/img][/url]

You can make banners yourself using any art program of your choice (GIMP is a free program that is pretty good for layouts and graphic design, but there are lots of options). There are also plenty of people with art shops over in the art forum who will make banners for you.
[TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator | [GUIDE] So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2 | [GUIDE] Sorneith Job Catalog | [A] Silverbow's Odds 'n Ends
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
Thank you for this!!! It has been incredibly helpful in getting my first hatchery set up! Like actually, not sure I could have done it without this... [emoji=mirror winking size=1]
Thank you for this!!! It has been incredibly helpful in getting my first hatchery set up! Like actually, not sure I could have done it without this...
80a2c90f21114347c545f12387d09c08a1bba25c.png jfjFfKg.gif 81105481.png zKcvJhj.gif 9e168eafbe6ba37a18defac72bc0b8155fd29236.png
Thank you for this!! Very detailed and thorough!! I still have a bit of work cut out for me, but I feel like at least now I have a better idea about what I need to to do :)
Thank you for this!! Very detailed and thorough!! I still have a bit of work cut out for me, but I feel like at least now I have a better idea about what I need to to do :)
Qk8xw5i.png
she/her • fr+3 • offline
wishlist
projects
hatchery
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/92/18/bc/9218bc38d74a6225d0f0421a480112e3.jpg[/img]
9218bc38d74a6225d0f0421a480112e3.jpg
o7KT1Q6.gif MSTf1Sg.gifwADTcAI.pngjPdGQf9.gifgYzuoZS.png
@SaltWizard
I know this is a stupid question but I need to know because it's giving me too much stress.

Can a Hatchery have more than one theme? Some themes that I found in my Breeding Pairs are:
Rare Colors/Hard to Find Colors
GenOne Pairs
Harry Potter Fandom
Fire Emblem Fandom (I'm trying to Create a Subspecies but its slow going)
Flight Elements
Lore (that has yet to be written but still)
@SaltWizard
I know this is a stupid question but I need to know because it's giving me too much stress.

Can a Hatchery have more than one theme? Some themes that I found in my Breeding Pairs are:
Rare Colors/Hard to Find Colors
GenOne Pairs
Harry Potter Fandom
Fire Emblem Fandom (I'm trying to Create a Subspecies but its slow going)
Flight Elements
Lore (that has yet to be written but still)
Jqlkxca.png
@nightwolf95

I think so, yeah. The point of a theme is to help you target your customers, and make it clear what people should expect to find in your hatchery.

Rare Colors for example, could pair very well Gen Ones or Flight Elements. Lore fits well with just about anything.

What you really want to avoid is a situation where people aren't clear on what they'll find at your hatchery, or things get confusing. For that reason, I wouldn't try to showcase every theme in your list there, but you can keep whatever pairs you want to use that are related or work for your main theme(s).
@nightwolf95

I think so, yeah. The point of a theme is to help you target your customers, and make it clear what people should expect to find in your hatchery.

Rare Colors for example, could pair very well Gen Ones or Flight Elements. Lore fits well with just about anything.

What you really want to avoid is a situation where people aren't clear on what they'll find at your hatchery, or things get confusing. For that reason, I wouldn't try to showcase every theme in your list there, but you can keep whatever pairs you want to use that are related or work for your main theme(s).
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
Great thread! Very concise and helpful, I will probably make use of your advice in the future.

I think it may be useful to make a mention of nest rental networks, for people who maybe aren't too keen on swapping flights just for a small hatchery, or those have a theme that would facilitate multiple eye colors? Matching eye colors are, from my experience, pretty make-or-break when trying to sell dragons, and limiting yourself to one eye color can narrow your options. I'm not sure if this fits in your idea / the scope of this guide, as rented nests may be too unreliable. That said, my experience with nest rentals have generally been positive.
I've also seen joint hatcheries from people in different flights, allowing them to breed in their own nests while having the right eyes for a joint theme. Maybe it's something you could make a note of? These are just suggestions though, I think the guide is fine as it is!
Great thread! Very concise and helpful, I will probably make use of your advice in the future.

I think it may be useful to make a mention of nest rental networks, for people who maybe aren't too keen on swapping flights just for a small hatchery, or those have a theme that would facilitate multiple eye colors? Matching eye colors are, from my experience, pretty make-or-break when trying to sell dragons, and limiting yourself to one eye color can narrow your options. I'm not sure if this fits in your idea / the scope of this guide, as rented nests may be too unreliable. That said, my experience with nest rentals have generally been positive.
I've also seen joint hatcheries from people in different flights, allowing them to breed in their own nests while having the right eyes for a joint theme. Maybe it's something you could make a note of? These are just suggestions though, I think the guide is fine as it is!
4Dclvwp.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8