Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14
@mzvalkyrie

Ygdrasill covered most of it, but a few things I've come to find while using this and my other builds:
1) Mire and GRL give about the same average exp because of the groups of 2 vs 4 respectively. The KB gives noticeably more exp on average.

2) MY go to method is training my fodder to lvl 6 or 7 in the GLR, putting their stats in VIT, and leveling them up in the KB after that. The streak bonus really helps if you can keep it, so having higher level fodder in useful for that.

3) There is an anticipate variant of this build (http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2469655/1#post_33912549 ), but I'm not sure it will work as well once your fodder is able to tank more hits (since the trainer will be hit less, generating less breath)
@mzvalkyrie

Ygdrasill covered most of it, but a few things I've come to find while using this and my other builds:
1) Mire and GRL give about the same average exp because of the groups of 2 vs 4 respectively. The KB gives noticeably more exp on average.

2) MY go to method is training my fodder to lvl 6 or 7 in the GLR, putting their stats in VIT, and leveling them up in the KB after that. The streak bonus really helps if you can keep it, so having higher level fodder in useful for that.

3) There is an anticipate variant of this build (http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2469655/1#post_33912549 ), but I'm not sure it will work as well once your fodder is able to tank more hits (since the trainer will be hit less, generating less breath)
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
@Ygdrasill @Mohenjo

Thank you both for your input.

One more question for Mohenjo though. So you'll level fodder to 6/7 in GLR, stat their VIT, then anything higher you'll go to KB? So KB is likely the best too if you want to train another permie to 25, or a permie and fodder that can take hits/keep the streak bonus going?

Yeah, I'm guessing the anticipate variant isn't as good as your goal is to initially build up breath. I notice in GLR, whenever you anticipate and don't get hit that round, you get less breath/have a higher chance of the train getting knocked out if they have to tank 3 or more hits in the same stage.
@Ygdrasill @Mohenjo

Thank you both for your input.

One more question for Mohenjo though. So you'll level fodder to 6/7 in GLR, stat their VIT, then anything higher you'll go to KB? So KB is likely the best too if you want to train another permie to 25, or a permie and fodder that can take hits/keep the streak bonus going?

Yeah, I'm guessing the anticipate variant isn't as good as your goal is to initially build up breath. I notice in GLR, whenever you anticipate and don't get hit that round, you get less breath/have a higher chance of the train getting knocked out if they have to tank 3 or more hits in the same stage.
mzvalkyrie_june_by_pyromaniacalbonsai-dce8ejf.gif

2bqs45I.gif
@mzvalkyrie

That's what I use the build for, yes. This build is faster as long as the bonus is going, otherwise it's slower because battles take longer. However, some players do prefer this for leveling to 4 or 5.

I do suggest this build for training to 25 because the streak bonus will max out, and you can keep going for longer.

As for the anticipate build, it should be about as consistent as the GLR version. I don't use it because I don't like waiting/needing to take damage to do anything, but it can build up more breath if you get a good run.
@mzvalkyrie

That's what I use the build for, yes. This build is faster as long as the bonus is going, otherwise it's slower because battles take longer. However, some players do prefer this for leveling to 4 or 5.

I do suggest this build for training to 25 because the streak bonus will max out, and you can keep going for longer.

As for the anticipate build, it should be about as consistent as the GLR version. I don't use it because I don't like waiting/needing to take damage to do anything, but it can build up more breath if you get a good run.
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
@Mohenjo

Thank you! Guess I’ll have to decide on a Water/Nature derg to use as my Levi then.
@Mohenjo

Thank you! Guess I’ll have to decide on a Water/Nature derg to use as my Levi then.
mzvalkyrie_june_by_pyromaniacalbonsai-dce8ejf.gif

2bqs45I.gif
[quote]This build does best with 2 fodder. 1 fodder does not work well in my play experience.[/quote] Is this so? Sounds too good to be true.
Quote:
This build does best with 2 fodder. 1 fodder does not work well in my play experience.

Is this so? Sounds too good to be true.
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
@Deladria

I clarified that to say one empty slot. The build does well when there are other targets for the enemies to go after (also why applying the stats to your fodder can help a lot).
@Deladria

I clarified that to say one empty slot. The build does well when there are other targets for the enemies to go after (also why applying the stats to your fodder can help a lot).
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
Ah, makes sense! Yes, I always have 3 on a team, for just that reason! Difference is just whether it's 2 trainers or 2 fodder! Thanks for clarifying
Ah, makes sense! Yes, I always have 3 on a team, for just that reason! Difference is just whether it's 2 trainers or 2 fodder! Thanks for clarifying
@Deladria
This is very definitely designed for one trainer and two fodder. It's greatest strength is the speed it can take fodder as high as level 7.
@Deladria
This is very definitely designed for one trainer and two fodder. It's greatest strength is the speed it can take fodder as high as level 7.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
Sweet! Looks like a project ...
Sweet! Looks like a project ...
I'm always interested in trying new builds.. ( I have 80 Level 25's So I have the dragons for it)

I love this build so far! I've become a fan of Meditate attackers and currently have a Meditate monk, Mire Millionaire, and a Leviathan Leveler. I use them Often to level dragons. :D
I'm always interested in trying new builds.. ( I have 80 Level 25's So I have the dragons for it)

I love this build so far! I've become a fan of Meditate attackers and currently have a Meditate monk, Mire Millionaire, and a Leviathan Leveler. I use them Often to level dragons. :D
i7jjUhe.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14