Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
@Mohenjo OK thanks for clarifying that makes a lot of sense!
Do you need the sap or can I put in a reflect instead to deal with bosses?
(Or replace haste with reflect and do rally twice at the start instead)

I'm guessing losing haste is not a good idea but you said you get to level 5 without needing sap.
@Mohenjo OK thanks for clarifying that makes a lot of sense!
Do you need the sap or can I put in a reflect instead to deal with bosses?
(Or replace haste with reflect and do rally twice at the start instead)

I'm guessing losing haste is not a good idea but you said you get to level 5 without needing sap.
qDkA25S.png
@gn0me

Sap is helpful, but you can change it for Reflect if you want. Haste is 100% needed since it allows you to keep up with the enemies (downside to being able to 1-shot them all is you're slower).

There's actually a variation mentioned in the last post of this guide that talks about using Reflect instead of Sap https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2469655/1#post_33912549

Whether you get more use out of Sap or Reflect mostly depends on you and your trainer's element. I get a fair amount of use when facing a pack of Abyss Strikers, but otherwise I don't (Plague trainer). Both moves are very cheap, you can always change it out and see which you like more :)
@gn0me

Sap is helpful, but you can change it for Reflect if you want. Haste is 100% needed since it allows you to keep up with the enemies (downside to being able to 1-shot them all is you're slower).

There's actually a variation mentioned in the last post of this guide that talks about using Reflect instead of Sap https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2469655/1#post_33912549

Whether you get more use out of Sap or Reflect mostly depends on you and your trainer's element. I get a fair amount of use when facing a pack of Abyss Strikers, but otherwise I don't (Plague trainer). Both moves are very cheap, you can always change it out and see which you like more :)
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
@Mohenjo ok thanks I suppose I can use health potions while reflect is operating, seeing as I never use them otherwise and without Sap it's an inevitable downward slide without them.

I also found the anticipate build in that post and understand beter how to use THAT now! I had tried anticipate a few times on lower level fighters and discarded it as a useless top stone.

I think there are some typos in that too?
SassmasterMaxie's - Anticipate Assassin:
This build uses Anticipate instead of Meditate. Meditate is guaranteed to get you the breath needed to meditate, it's possible to take 3 melee hits before you get a chance to defend due to the debuff. Anticipate fixes this by allowing you to "defend" (Anticipate applies the defend buff), and gain the needed breath earlier.

should read?:
This build uses Anticipate instead of Meditate. Meditate is guaranteed to get you the breath needed to eliminate, it's possible to take 3 melee hits before you get a chance to attack due to the debuff. Anticipate fixes this by allowing you to "defend" (Anticipate applies the defend buff), and gain the needed breath earlier.
@Mohenjo ok thanks I suppose I can use health potions while reflect is operating, seeing as I never use them otherwise and without Sap it's an inevitable downward slide without them.

I also found the anticipate build in that post and understand beter how to use THAT now! I had tried anticipate a few times on lower level fighters and discarded it as a useless top stone.

I think there are some typos in that too?
This build uses Anticipate instead of Meditate. Meditate is guaranteed to get you the breath needed to meditate, it's possible to take 3 melee hits before you get a chance to defend due to the debuff. Anticipate fixes this by allowing you to "defend" (Anticipate applies the defend buff), and gain the needed breath earlier.

should read?:
This build uses Anticipate instead of Meditate. Meditate is guaranteed to get you the breath needed to eliminate, it's possible to take 3 melee hits before you get a chance to attack due to the debuff. Anticipate fixes this by allowing you to "defend" (Anticipate applies the defend buff), and gain the needed breath earlier.
qDkA25S.png
@gn0me

Oh, yep, that's a typo XD thanks, and fixed!
@gn0me

Oh, yep, that's a typo XD thanks, and fixed!
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
@Mohenjo I've got an Ice Kelp Beds trainer so Abyss strikers one shot me.
I've been reading through your various trainer guides and I might make that dragon into a Mire/Ghostlight trainer as Ice was recommended for that build, and make a Water element trainer for Kelp Beds instead.

I've got a (almost) L21 Nature derg who is aspiring to become a dedicated Ghostlight Ruins trainer atm and thinking of making a Plague trainer for Boreal Woods following your guide one day.

There seem to be multiple builds for each venue, depending upon who wrote the guide!
Your Golem Workshop team is very different to mine! If Eliminates ever drop down around 150-180G again I'm going to buy a heap and make one of each GW team and a scratch and meditate build for each venue too lol
@Mohenjo I've got an Ice Kelp Beds trainer so Abyss strikers one shot me.
I've been reading through your various trainer guides and I might make that dragon into a Mire/Ghostlight trainer as Ice was recommended for that build, and make a Water element trainer for Kelp Beds instead.

I've got a (almost) L21 Nature derg who is aspiring to become a dedicated Ghostlight Ruins trainer atm and thinking of making a Plague trainer for Boreal Woods following your guide one day.

There seem to be multiple builds for each venue, depending upon who wrote the guide!
Your Golem Workshop team is very different to mine! If Eliminates ever drop down around 150-180G again I'm going to buy a heap and make one of each GW team and a scratch and meditate build for each venue too lol
qDkA25S.png
@gn0me

Except in KB, I wouldn't worry too much about your trainer's element. The other venues still matter a bit, but not enough to actually require a new dragon if you don't have one of that element. Eg. my Mire Mauler is a shadow dragon, which is the worst for that venue.

There are plenty of different builds for each venue, and each has their pros and cons (though some can be worst than others).

As for my GW team, I'm not entirely sure which ones you mean (I have a few different ones in my lair). I'll go over the GW builds in my lair for fun, though:

Vertigo/Scylla: Sniped from the AH, and have been debating what to do with them for a long while. They use celeorien's Workshop Worker's guide, which is a more standard build that can go for awhile before needing to refresh.

Isis/Ashton: They use a joke build that I may or may not make a guide for. Isis is the fighter, and Ashton is the tank, and uses Guard to ensure Isis doesn't get hit (he also has 3.3k HP). Definitely a funny build to use, but I wouldn't say it's very good XD

Aalish/Dara: use a twin build I'm working on. Similar to my Devotee in the sense that they're pure mages that try to out heal the incoming damage. Still not happy with the results, but hopefully I'll get the numbers right one day, because it's a very cheap build to make.
@gn0me

Except in KB, I wouldn't worry too much about your trainer's element. The other venues still matter a bit, but not enough to actually require a new dragon if you don't have one of that element. Eg. my Mire Mauler is a shadow dragon, which is the worst for that venue.

There are plenty of different builds for each venue, and each has their pros and cons (though some can be worst than others).

As for my GW team, I'm not entirely sure which ones you mean (I have a few different ones in my lair). I'll go over the GW builds in my lair for fun, though:

Vertigo/Scylla: Sniped from the AH, and have been debating what to do with them for a long while. They use celeorien's Workshop Worker's guide, which is a more standard build that can go for awhile before needing to refresh.

Isis/Ashton: They use a joke build that I may or may not make a guide for. Isis is the fighter, and Ashton is the tank, and uses Guard to ensure Isis doesn't get hit (he also has 3.3k HP). Definitely a funny build to use, but I wouldn't say it's very good XD

Aalish/Dara: use a twin build I'm working on. Similar to my Devotee in the sense that they're pure mages that try to out heal the incoming damage. Still not happy with the results, but hopefully I'll get the numbers right one day, because it's a very cheap build to make.
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
Thank you so much! I just bought a levi in AH and it’s awesome that there’s a useful guide for him
Thank you so much! I just bought a levi in AH and it’s awesome that there’s a useful guide for him
Artist | Writer | College Student

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Androy's Art Gallery
- Scrying and Apparel Service
- Dappervolk Potato Shop
- Wishlist
- DragonCave
- Lab
@Mohenjo @gnOme
Hi, I just restated and to some degree restoned one of my lvl 25 Nature dergs to use as Levi Leveler. I was hoping to have him help me raise the team that I'm working on for the Forbidden Portal as they near the last levels (in the 20's). That did not work....perhaps because they already had some stones and berserkers and an ambush each.
I put them with a standard KB leveler and they are doing much better....bringing their Mage and Warrior strengths to the table as they near level 25. At level 23 for the duo and my KP Leveler they are nearly invincible at this point.

Back to Levi Leveler...I'm thinking that I wasn't successful since the dragons I was trying to raise were not level 1's...and had some stones, etc. Also, I am completely confused about what you mean by "Defend". I've been fighting in the Mire and KP for years...but have no idea what that means as a step.

Step 1 - Meditate
Step 2 - Haste on Levi
Step 3 - Rally on Levi
Step 4 - Defend ?????
Step 5 - Eliminate

Please let me know what Defend means, as a step. Is that using Sap? When I used this build with more advanced dragons I did not have enough breath to Eliminate by Step 5...and I was trying to use Sap in Step 4 because I did not know what else to do.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
@Mohenjo @gnOme
Hi, I just restated and to some degree restoned one of my lvl 25 Nature dergs to use as Levi Leveler. I was hoping to have him help me raise the team that I'm working on for the Forbidden Portal as they near the last levels (in the 20's). That did not work....perhaps because they already had some stones and berserkers and an ambush each.
I put them with a standard KB leveler and they are doing much better....bringing their Mage and Warrior strengths to the table as they near level 25. At level 23 for the duo and my KP Leveler they are nearly invincible at this point.

Back to Levi Leveler...I'm thinking that I wasn't successful since the dragons I was trying to raise were not level 1's...and had some stones, etc. Also, I am completely confused about what you mean by "Defend". I've been fighting in the Mire and KP for years...but have no idea what that means as a step.

Step 1 - Meditate
Step 2 - Haste on Levi
Step 3 - Rally on Levi
Step 4 - Defend ?????
Step 5 - Eliminate

Please let me know what Defend means, as a step. Is that using Sap? When I used this build with more advanced dragons I did not have enough breath to Eliminate by Step 5...and I was trying to use Sap in Step 4 because I did not know what else to do.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo7_500.png
Einstein: Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
@MerryMuse

Defend is an action all dragons can use. There's a button for it right above the Flee button on the right side. This will half incoming damage, and make surviving until step 5 a bit easier.

Hopefully this helps!
@MerryMuse

Defend is an action all dragons can use. There's a button for it right above the Flee button on the right side. This will half incoming damage, and make surviving until step 5 a bit easier.

Hopefully this helps!
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
@Mohenjo

So can you tell I've never used this in all these years? Who knew? Apparently not me. Yes I'm not good at using potions and the like either. Will need to get better at that.

Thank you so much...will investigate this with some level 1's. For now my normal KB leveler has this handled with her now level 24 apprentices...Water mage and Fire Warrior...can't wait to take them to the Forbidden Portal with all their powers.

Again...thank you!
Hope that all is well with you and yours!
@Mohenjo

So can you tell I've never used this in all these years? Who knew? Apparently not me. Yes I'm not good at using potions and the like either. Will need to get better at that.

Thank you so much...will investigate this with some level 1's. For now my normal KB leveler has this handled with her now level 24 apprentices...Water mage and Fire Warrior...can't wait to take them to the Forbidden Portal with all their powers.

Again...thank you!
Hope that all is well with you and yours!
tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo7_500.png
Einstein: Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14