Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [PINGLISTS] Dragons with Art or Writing
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
@Serpens

Sorry, can you explain what you mean by a specifics page here? We could just make another list past the poetry one for lore dragons.

@Chee

How risque are we talking here--shirtless? Or more like pinups? I can make a note asking artists to be mindful when pinging for more risque stuff--like using their own pinglists or not displaying the entire work in the first post--if you think that would help?
@Serpens

Sorry, can you explain what you mean by a specifics page here? We could just make another list past the poetry one for lore dragons.

@Chee

How risque are we talking here--shirtless? Or more like pinups? I can make a note asking artists to be mindful when pinging for more risque stuff--like using their own pinglists or not displaying the entire work in the first post--if you think that would help?
@Vely

This is a very good idea! But I recommend adding a bit of the same rules GASP uses, with including what the seller's trying to sell in the post so people immediately understand why they were pinged, as well as putting the pinglists in a new post instead of editing an old one.
@Vely

This is a very good idea! But I recommend adding a bit of the same rules GASP uses, with including what the seller's trying to sell in the post so people immediately understand why they were pinged, as well as putting the pinglists in a new post instead of editing an old one.
9+ FR Time........................................................................................

IIfWx76.png
@Katta

I added a few things to the OP!
@Katta

I added a few things to the OP!
@Vely
They were pin-ups, which I personally don't mind but I think there are plenty of people out there who would consider them nsfw (even if there's no outright nudity). Like if I was browsing FR in public I'd get nervous to have a pinup show up in a thread, y'know?

Maybe minimally people should label it as a pinup in the ping? (While we're at it, it'd be good to encourage use of content warnings like blood/gore/body horror as well)
@Vely
They were pin-ups, which I personally don't mind but I think there are plenty of people out there who would consider them nsfw (even if there's no outright nudity). Like if I was browsing FR in public I'd get nervous to have a pinup show up in a thread, y'know?

Maybe minimally people should label it as a pinup in the ping? (While we're at it, it'd be good to encourage use of content warnings like blood/gore/body horror as well)
tumblr_inline_p8uk5sITl01qdxu5r_540.giftumblr_p8ubo4fvsj1tcuk4xo1_250.gif
@vely sorry if I'm not understandable, I keep replying late at night x) A separate page for users to post their specific searches in, or else they'll end up in the pinglists (eg. Claritywind in the art pinglist).
@vely sorry if I'm not understandable, I keep replying late at night x) A separate page for users to post their specific searches in, or else they'll end up in the pinglists (eg. Claritywind in the art pinglist).
AkRQFNo.png
@Serpens

I added a new "specifics" tab; what do you think?

@Chee

Added as notes in the OP.
@Serpens

I added a new "specifics" tab; what do you think?

@Chee

Added as notes in the OP.
@Vely
If I'm only looking for dragon art, not gijinka should I just go into the all category or specify on each breed list I'm on? I don't want to make it too confusing for people but I like to design my own gijinkas on the rare event they exist
@Vely
If I'm only looking for dragon art, not gijinka should I just go into the all category or specify on each breed list I'm on? I don't want to make it too confusing for people but I like to design my own gijinkas on the rare event they exist
@alternatewarning

You can go on the specifics page if you really want to define things, but you may miss out on pings from people who don't check that page or don't want to read tedious notes. Or you can just sign up for specific breed lists, and get a few mispings. I'd rather not clutter up pinglists with notes.
@alternatewarning

You can go on the specifics page if you really want to define things, but you may miss out on pings from people who don't check that page or don't want to read tedious notes. Or you can just sign up for specific breed lists, and get a few mispings. I'd rather not clutter up pinglists with notes.
@Vely

Hi there,

I see that you already have this rule in place:
Quote:
Add what you're selling to the pinglist post so people know right away what they were pinged for. A preview or even text description works. A link back to the first post, if the pings are not on the first page, is also helpful.

Would it be possible for you to add it to the pinglist spreadsheet as well (like with GASP), or make the text for it in this thread larger? I keep getting pinged by artists who don't even specify where the art is, and it gets tiring constantly clicking back to the front page. Maybe they didn't read your OP clearly. Additionally, would it be possible for you to specify that the art should be embed in the thread itself or would that be too taxing on people? It's very annoying having to:
1) click back to the front page
2) click on the dragon
3) click on the linked, not embed art in the bio
4) click on FR's 'external warning' link

Thank you for reading. Just wanted to suggest some things that might help streamline the process of using the pinglist.
@Vely

Hi there,

I see that you already have this rule in place:
Quote:
Add what you're selling to the pinglist post so people know right away what they were pinged for. A preview or even text description works. A link back to the first post, if the pings are not on the first page, is also helpful.

Would it be possible for you to add it to the pinglist spreadsheet as well (like with GASP), or make the text for it in this thread larger? I keep getting pinged by artists who don't even specify where the art is, and it gets tiring constantly clicking back to the front page. Maybe they didn't read your OP clearly. Additionally, would it be possible for you to specify that the art should be embed in the thread itself or would that be too taxing on people? It's very annoying having to:
1) click back to the front page
2) click on the dragon
3) click on the linked, not embed art in the bio
4) click on FR's 'external warning' link

Thank you for reading. Just wanted to suggest some things that might help streamline the process of using the pinglist.
tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o7_100.pngtumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o7_100.png
@Lucatri

I've added it to the sheet and bolded it in the first post.
@Lucatri

I've added it to the sheet and bolded it in the first post.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22