Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | FR Clan Name Generator[V2 Arcane Out]
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 57 58
Not sure if it's been mentioned but dragon related terms may be useful
--Talon
--Claw
--Drake
Possibly even terms like
--Weyr
--Den
--Lair
--Burrow
--Nest
Not sure if it's been mentioned but dragon related terms may be useful
--Talon
--Claw
--Drake
Possibly even terms like
--Weyr
--Den
--Lair
--Burrow
--Nest
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@Avalas
The joys of coding...

Well, I think - from what I've seen (still a newbie, we joined the same day *high five*) - of the FR community, they'll take it in stride, so I think you've got great guinea pigs. ;)
@Avalas
The joys of coding...

Well, I think - from what I've seen (still a newbie, we joined the same day *high five*) - of the FR community, they'll take it in stride, so I think you've got great guinea pigs. ;)

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
@Avalas

Yes please, add me to the pinglist! :3
@Avalas

Yes please, add me to the pinglist! :3
6dzshv.png
@avalas

Can I be pinged as well? ^-^
@avalas

Can I be pinged as well? ^-^
IMG_1973_zpsb8nhmwm1.png?w=480&h=480&fit=clip.png
@DragonSage
I had thought about adding in some body parts, like tooth, claw, fang that sort of thing. I wasn't too sure on adding specific details on lairs (the ones that change depending on the size of the lair at least) as some people might want to stay the same size so their lore/clan name is consistent...

Adding them in; will double check how the generator uses the more general terms for lairs, so it doesn't pop out anything too random. Thanks again! ^0^

@sgkat
The same day? Woo! That's pretty cool. :D Little worried if the generator falls short of people's expectations though. ._. That's a big worry of mine. It's been a while since I coded, sometimes I flounder. Or flail. Flail mostly.

@MutationIvori
=) Heh, added you to the pinglist.

@koobish
Why yes, you may. ^0^ Added!
@DragonSage
I had thought about adding in some body parts, like tooth, claw, fang that sort of thing. I wasn't too sure on adding specific details on lairs (the ones that change depending on the size of the lair at least) as some people might want to stay the same size so their lore/clan name is consistent...

Adding them in; will double check how the generator uses the more general terms for lairs, so it doesn't pop out anything too random. Thanks again! ^0^

@sgkat
The same day? Woo! That's pretty cool. :D Little worried if the generator falls short of people's expectations though. ._. That's a big worry of mine. It's been a while since I coded, sometimes I flounder. Or flail. Flail mostly.

@MutationIvori
=) Heh, added you to the pinglist.

@koobish
Why yes, you may. ^0^ Added!
@Avalas Yep!

Try to worry about it. (I know, easier said than done.) I'm sure everyone here will understand that this was a spur-of-the-moment project, that you're rusty in your code, and that this is a beta generator.
*hugs, dodging your flailing* :P
@Avalas Yep!

Try to worry about it. (I know, easier said than done.) I'm sure everyone here will understand that this was a spur-of-the-moment project, that you're rusty in your code, and that this is a beta generator.
*hugs, dodging your flailing* :P

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
@sgkat
:O Those are some mighty dodging ninja skills you have!
I tend to get a bit anxious when I find things going a bit easier than planned, haha. I'm trying to tweak that compound button still. Might remove it and start again with the same sort of idea in mind. Unfortunately splicing a word seems a little more complex than I'd hoped.

Might just make an entirely different array for it to access. Though I may need to float around and see other generators and how they get the nuisances to work. Glad I decided to split this up into Flights! Haha.

Will try to add in Noun, Determiner, Noun (x of the x) before tonight at least. Then tomorrow, I'll hopefully get a bit closer to completion and the day after a few more additions, website creation maybe. Then moar tests! Then the pings happen.
@sgkat
:O Those are some mighty dodging ninja skills you have!
I tend to get a bit anxious when I find things going a bit easier than planned, haha. I'm trying to tweak that compound button still. Might remove it and start again with the same sort of idea in mind. Unfortunately splicing a word seems a little more complex than I'd hoped.

Might just make an entirely different array for it to access. Though I may need to float around and see other generators and how they get the nuisances to work. Glad I decided to split this up into Flights! Haha.

Will try to add in Noun, Determiner, Noun (x of the x) before tonight at least. Then tomorrow, I'll hopefully get a bit closer to completion and the day after a few more additions, website creation maybe. Then moar tests! Then the pings happen.
@Avalas ;P

That's true; clearly if a coding project is going better than expected you're missing something nasty, right?

It might be better to remove it and start over, then. Especially now that you've got some idea of what exactly you want.

Hahaha, definitely.

Wooo!
@Avalas ;P

That's true; clearly if a coding project is going better than expected you're missing something nasty, right?

It might be better to remove it and start over, then. Especially now that you've got some idea of what exactly you want.

Hahaha, definitely.

Wooo!

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
@sgkat
I might restart, not the whole code of course, but make it a bit neater. I feel as if I've been hacking and slashing away at it for hours despite it not being that long actually. 149 lines including any lovely white space I've placed. 30 lines just for the words to u...

Oh. OH!

I could use a text file/notepad and just add to it there, then use a call sort of function to put it straight into an array, saving space and probably making it a darn lot easier than manually adding in "Word1", "Word2", every darn time. Why haven't I being do--

Oh. Wait. I don't know if a free hosting would allow me to upload files and have javascript call them. I've not used free hosting in many, many years. I will have to check this out.

I've have enough coding for one day me thinks. :|
@sgkat
I might restart, not the whole code of course, but make it a bit neater. I feel as if I've been hacking and slashing away at it for hours despite it not being that long actually. 149 lines including any lovely white space I've placed. 30 lines just for the words to u...

Oh. OH!

I could use a text file/notepad and just add to it there, then use a call sort of function to put it straight into an array, saving space and probably making it a darn lot easier than manually adding in "Word1", "Word2", every darn time. Why haven't I being do--

Oh. Wait. I don't know if a free hosting would allow me to upload files and have javascript call them. I've not used free hosting in many, many years. I will have to check this out.

I've have enough coding for one day me thinks. :|
@Avalas Looks like I'm gonna be your rubber duck. *perfectly fine with this*

A break is definitely a good thing.
@Avalas Looks like I'm gonna be your rubber duck. *perfectly fine with this*

A break is definitely a good thing.

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 57 58