Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Battle Stones and Coliseum Builds
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 64 65
Okay, that helps a lot, thank you :) Took a break from the game for 4 years or so, and now I'm trying to get back into the swing of things again lol
Okay, that helps a lot, thank you :) Took a break from the game for 4 years or so, and now I'm trying to get back into the swing of things again lol
Gravemind meets Plaguebringer. All Hail the Green Flood-Plague!
vzNlDQJ.gifKjfBGiq.pngyjJhTxB.png
I am testing the Kelp Bed build and I have everything exactly the same as your 2 fodder guide but I am still getting my butt kicked
I am testing the Kelp Bed build and I have everything exactly the same as your 2 fodder guide but I am still getting my butt kicked
92947897.png
nbZE1po.png
W I S H L I S T
mtHAEL4.png
46334692.png
@plesioth I am far from the best person to answer about this one, as I am evidently not great at it. but I can tell you that 2-fodder Kelp Beds training is something I still struggle with. I find it requires more selectiveness about the starting fight (two or more melees and I back out and start again) than anything else I use, especially with Reflect equipped for boss battles so it is potion healing or nothing.

What I have found it ideal for, for my purposes, is finishing a dragon being trained to 25 after they get into the really sloggy levels. The student dragon can be statted with a bit of speed and a lot of vitality and defense, enough to occasionally fling a medium heal potion or to Guard-tank my fighter (they will be getting Tinctured anyway, so whatever works), and either a fodder dragon or a second battle dragon trainee takes the remaining slot. Your experience may vary etc. etc.!

My more usual for Kelp Beds is 1 fodder or trainee and a pair of my all-purpose* grinders, so hopefully someone really good at KB 2-fodder will have more to say.

*(My all-purpose grind team, XP Area Edition, is two dragons with the Golem Workshop grinder melee build, but with Meditate equipped on both, rather than Scratch/Medi as I prefer for GW. This can take anything in Kelp Beds but bosses without taking a hit, unless something Dodges, if done right, and both bosses are doable as well.)
@plesioth I am far from the best person to answer about this one, as I am evidently not great at it. but I can tell you that 2-fodder Kelp Beds training is something I still struggle with. I find it requires more selectiveness about the starting fight (two or more melees and I back out and start again) than anything else I use, especially with Reflect equipped for boss battles so it is potion healing or nothing.

What I have found it ideal for, for my purposes, is finishing a dragon being trained to 25 after they get into the really sloggy levels. The student dragon can be statted with a bit of speed and a lot of vitality and defense, enough to occasionally fling a medium heal potion or to Guard-tank my fighter (they will be getting Tinctured anyway, so whatever works), and either a fodder dragon or a second battle dragon trainee takes the remaining slot. Your experience may vary etc. etc.!

My more usual for Kelp Beds is 1 fodder or trainee and a pair of my all-purpose* grinders, so hopefully someone really good at KB 2-fodder will have more to say.

*(My all-purpose grind team, XP Area Edition, is two dragons with the Golem Workshop grinder melee build, but with Meditate equipped on both, rather than Scratch/Medi as I prefer for GW. This can take anything in Kelp Beds but bosses without taking a hit, unless something Dodges, if done right, and both bosses are doable as well.)
So the ideal Kelp Beds fighters are of Ice element now? D:
I hope Plague still does okay, but for the little I played in Kelp Beds today, seems they do (edit: but yeah I needed to use Sap more than before...)

The funny thing it's that I traded a Plague glass cannon for another recently, to farm and train in Kelp Beds with another Plague dragon, lmao)
So the ideal Kelp Beds fighters are of Ice element now? D:
I hope Plague still does okay, but for the little I played in Kelp Beds today, seems they do (edit: but yeah I needed to use Sap more than before...)

The funny thing it's that I traded a Plague glass cannon for another recently, to farm and train in Kelp Beds with another Plague dragon, lmao)
banjo-again-100x100.png *Baz Sales
*Exalt Row
*Free

they/them
ESL | FR+3
*Wishlist
... cheetah-icon.png
I removed the post about the Kelp Beds solo trainer (it's too difficult now) and I moved the Forbidden Portal farming to a separate post.

For Kelp Beds you can use 2 trainers: 126 STR (Scratch + Eliminate all the monsters except bosses) / 58 QCK / 11 VIT. It's also possible to just use 2 general farmers 133 STR / 40 QCK / 6 VIT.
I removed the post about the Kelp Beds solo trainer (it's too difficult now) and I moved the Forbidden Portal farming to a separate post.

For Kelp Beds you can use 2 trainers: 126 STR (Scratch + Eliminate all the monsters except bosses) / 58 QCK / 11 VIT. It's also possible to just use 2 general farmers 133 STR / 40 QCK / 6 VIT.
I feel both better and worse, better that it is evidently not only me being awkward behind having a rough(er than I did anyway) time with two-fodder KB trainer, but also, RIP Malama's only build to date. On the upside, if I tincture my Water KB trainer into a general, my Lightning lad can dry off before he electrocutes somebody, and Malama can both stay in his Kelp Beds home away from home with my Plague warrior, and go to the shore to help me hunt that other whale boss familiar in between.... So, not all bad news. [emoji=nocturne happy size=1] Maki, thank you for the reply and update, and for all of your work on these things. I am sad to see the build go; even if I was never much good at it with fodder, it became a permanent ingredient in the lore of one of my battle dragons! [emoji=gust size=1] (edit, I should form sentences first, THEN send)
I feel both better and worse, better that it is evidently not only me being awkward behind having a rough(er than I did anyway) time with two-fodder KB trainer, but also, RIP Malama's only build to date.

On the upside, if I tincture my Water KB trainer into a general, my Lightning lad can dry off before he electrocutes somebody, and Malama can both stay in his Kelp Beds home away from home with my Plague warrior, and go to the shore to help me hunt that other whale boss familiar in between.... So, not all bad news.

Maki, thank you for the reply and update, and for all of your work on these things. I am sad to see the build go; even if I was never much good at it with fodder, it became a permanent ingredient in the lore of one of my battle dragons!

(edit, I should form sentences first, THEN send)
Huh, I've still been using the single KB trainer okay, but I'm not picky about backing out of fights tbf

But it does suck that the elements have changed. Spent time training my KB fighter trainers to 10, but they're Water and the Ice has been kicking my butt. Time to trade out, I guess

Darn coli updates, you love 'em and you hate 'em
Huh, I've still been using the single KB trainer okay, but I'm not picky about backing out of fights tbf

But it does suck that the elements have changed. Spent time training my KB fighter trainers to 10, but they're Water and the Ice has been kicking my butt. Time to trade out, I guess

Darn coli updates, you love 'em and you hate 'em
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
@Hippotang Oof, yes, fair. For me, since I can now do Mire or Ruins Meditate 2ft's with only half an eye on the screen after I get rolling, the point of training in KB is keeping the XP bonus streak going at full as much as possible. It is probably much different if backing out a lot does not frustrate you.

It gets under my skin quickly because it not only resets the XP bonus, it takes a lot more of my attention in the process, as the part requiring my full attention is the bit where my Water KB 2ft has the Meditate debuff while building breath, at risk of absentmindedly wasted Eliminates as well as death-by-icicle. (And a large Gaoler makes for a very big icicle.) I can either have minimal attention on the Coli, OR not have much Coli time, so.... bleh.

Venue updates, love them and hate them indeed. My Mire Flyer still has a slightly wonky build because it works, and I never bothered to tincture her out of the unnecessary QCK points of her last test build. New familiars, though, (pounce).
@Hippotang Oof, yes, fair. For me, since I can now do Mire or Ruins Meditate 2ft's with only half an eye on the screen after I get rolling, the point of training in KB is keeping the XP bonus streak going at full as much as possible. It is probably much different if backing out a lot does not frustrate you.

It gets under my skin quickly because it not only resets the XP bonus, it takes a lot more of my attention in the process, as the part requiring my full attention is the bit where my Water KB 2ft has the Meditate debuff while building breath, at risk of absentmindedly wasted Eliminates as well as death-by-icicle. (And a large Gaoler makes for a very big icicle.) I can either have minimal attention on the Coli, OR not have much Coli time, so.... bleh.

Venue updates, love them and hate them indeed. My Mire Flyer still has a slightly wonky build because it works, and I never bothered to tincture her out of the unnecessary QCK points of her last test build. New familiars, though, (pounce).
Hey so, I'm just dipping my toes back into FR after losing interest for a few years, and I can't find the guide I used to go off to level my dragons? There was a guide that said what stats to put points into for each level and I think it was Duke's How To Train Your Dragon thread. But it hasn't been updated in years, and more recent posts to that thread link to this thread. Unfortunately I don't see the super easy to follow "At level 8, get your STR to 43, and anything left over goes into QCK" advice that made the previous thread so useful for me, this thread seems to assume you've already levelled your dragons completely? @_@ if anyone can point me in teh right direction, trying to catch up on 5 years of mechanics updates is confusing
Hey so, I'm just dipping my toes back into FR after losing interest for a few years, and I can't find the guide I used to go off to level my dragons? There was a guide that said what stats to put points into for each level and I think it was Duke's How To Train Your Dragon thread. But it hasn't been updated in years, and more recent posts to that thread link to this thread. Unfortunately I don't see the super easy to follow "At level 8, get your STR to 43, and anything left over goes into QCK" advice that made the previous thread so useful for me, this thread seems to assume you've already levelled your dragons completely? @_@ if anyone can point me in teh right direction, trying to catch up on 5 years of mechanics updates is confusing
a3oVKMj.png
uFfSjs0.png
@Liung
Hello and welcome back to FR!
Not to worry, there has been a new How To Train Your Dragon Guide (well, it was linked by another user on the old HTTYD guide) made by EeveeDream! Click. It's a year old and is quite up to scratch with how the Coli works now, much more than the old guide. Hope this one helps!
@Liung
Hello and welcome back to FR!
Not to worry, there has been a new How To Train Your Dragon Guide (well, it was linked by another user on the old HTTYD guide) made by EeveeDream! Click. It's a year old and is quite up to scratch with how the Coli works now, much more than the old guide. Hope this one helps!
tumblr_otoz8r9aVl1v8lm95o4_r1_100.gif
rix3ppo.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.giftumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o2_75sq.giftumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_r1_75sq.gif
L9rA9OI.png
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 64 65