Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Battle Stones and Coliseum Builds
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 64 65
I use Haste often in the first battle to get the stats up fast. Reflect works well on the bosses that meditate first, if they don't, than it's worthless for them. I use reflect all the time against bosses in Kelp but not in Mire.
I use Haste often in the first battle to get the stats up fast. Reflect works well on the bosses that meditate first, if they don't, than it's worthless for them. I use reflect all the time against bosses in Kelp but not in Mire.
9PW8odu.jpg
[quote name="TheWildThings" date="2022-05-10 06:49:31" ] [center] I rarely ever use Haste, which means she has an open slot. Would adding in Reflect or Bolster help her defeat bosses? ( having to reload due to wartoads makes leveling less efficient )[/center] [/quote] Gonna add to this, if I don't use Haste/Reflect/Bolster, is there a beneficial stone I could put in that slot?
TheWildThings wrote on 2022-05-10 06:49:31:
I rarely ever use Haste, which means she has an open slot. Would adding in Reflect or Bolster help her defeat bosses? ( having to reload due to wartoads makes leveling less efficient )

Gonna add to this, if I don't use Haste/Reflect/Bolster, is there a beneficial stone I could put in that slot?
Strictly on the subject of Mire Flyer in Mire, as I do not use mine in any higher areas....

@TheWildThings The toads use a neutral slash and an elemental slash - both melee attacks - and a special (Drown or Sear). Of those, only Drown/Sear are spells and would be reflected back by Reflect. So it is virtually useless against them.

Bolster would absorb some damage, true, but having defeated enough of both toads to have stacks of their drops and several drops of each familiar, here is how it looks to me....

I think that in the math of fewer dragon turns vs. boss turns when not Hasted, Bolster loses to Haste, because the boss is getting in more turns per every turn your Mire Flyer gets and Bolster cannot mitigate that enough to be worth being slower. Although I would like to see the actual numbers on this to be sure.

PS - vs. both toads, I always cast Rally before Haste. If you want to know why, try it both ways. (Breaking turn order habits on bosses was hard, so it felt worth mentioning. Note - I use a Meditate Mire Flyer; this might not apply to Scratch/Ant)
Strictly on the subject of Mire Flyer in Mire, as I do not use mine in any higher areas....

@TheWildThings The toads use a neutral slash and an elemental slash - both melee attacks - and a special (Drown or Sear). Of those, only Drown/Sear are spells and would be reflected back by Reflect. So it is virtually useless against them.

Bolster would absorb some damage, true, but having defeated enough of both toads to have stacks of their drops and several drops of each familiar, here is how it looks to me....

I think that in the math of fewer dragon turns vs. boss turns when not Hasted, Bolster loses to Haste, because the boss is getting in more turns per every turn your Mire Flyer gets and Bolster cannot mitigate that enough to be worth being slower. Although I would like to see the actual numbers on this to be sure.

PS - vs. both toads, I always cast Rally before Haste. If you want to know why, try it both ways. (Breaking turn order habits on bosses was hard, so it felt worth mentioning. Note - I use a Meditate Mire Flyer; this might not apply to Scratch/Ant)
[quote name="williwawwarden" date="2022-05-10 07:53:32" ] Strictly on the subject of Mire Flyer in Mire, as I do not use mine in any higher areas.... @/TheWildThings The toads use a neutral slash and an elemental slash - both melee attacks - and a special (Drown or Sear). Of those, only Drown/Sear are spells and would be reflected back by Reflect. So it is virtually useless against them. Bolster would absorb some damage, true, but having defeated enough of both toads to have stacks of their drops and several drops of each familiar, here is how it looks to me.... I think that in the math of fewer dragon turns vs. boss turns when not Hasted, Bolster loses to Haste, because the boss is getting in more turns per every turn your Mire Flyer gets and Bolster cannot mitigate that enough to be worth being slower. Although I would like to see the actual numbers on this to be sure. [/quote] I see your point, might be worth investing in a Haste, thanks!
williwawwarden wrote on 2022-05-10 07:53:32:

@/TheWildThings The toads use a neutral slash and an elemental slash - both melee attacks - and a special (Drown or Sear). Of those, only Drown/Sear are spells and would be reflected back by Reflect. So it is virtually useless against them.

I see your point, might be worth investing in a Haste, thanks!
@TheWildThings Good luck and happy Mire-hunting! [emoji=nocturne happy size=1]
@TheWildThings Good luck and happy Mire-hunting!
@williwawwarden Hi. If I may interject regarding- [quote name="williwawwarden" date="2022-05-10 07:53:32" ] Strictly on the subject of Mire Flyer in Mire, as I do not use mine in any higher areas.... PS - vs. both toads, I always cast Rally before Haste. If you want to know why, try it both ways. (Breaking turn order habits on bosses was hard, so it felt worth mentioning. Note - I use a Meditate Mire Flyer; this might not apply to Scratch/Ant) [/quote] I am having trouble keeping my traditional Meyer Flyer charged up. And I’m wondering if I should switch to Meditate. May I ask, other than having meditate how is the built different? Do you still use all the strength stones, some, or did you switch over completely? And have you found stats that work better with meditate? Thank you.
@williwawwarden
Hi. If I may interject regarding-
williwawwarden wrote on 2022-05-10 07:53:32:

I am having trouble keeping my traditional Meyer Flyer charged up. And I’m wondering if I should switch to Meditate. May I ask, other than having meditate how is the built different? Do you still use all the strength stones, some, or did you switch over completely? And have you found stats that work better with meditate?

Thank you.
~ Accomplish the Impossible - it only takes a little more time ~

Arcane_dream.png
@EmmaJay Short answer - Only the energy stone is different, it is still a melee and therefore Strength-based build, no reason to change stats. [emoji=eliminate size=1] Speaking as 'I will never feel like an expert, only someone who uses one a lot', Meditate vs. Scratch is mostly a change in primary energy gain method, and an accompanying change in tactics/turn ordering to not waste the breath it gives you on attacks made while debuffed (or waste too many turns of Haste or Rally by casting them before Meditate, instead of after it while debuffed with melee damage reduction and needing to wait out a few turns buffing or Defending anyway). Arguably, it is also a reason to keep Sap or Shred around as a less-expensive smaller melee attack - mostly for bosses, since they take that one extra hit, unless you are short on battle dragons and your Mire Flyer is doubling as part of a team in a higher-level area. Since I think I know why you were asking about stats, I will add - Meditate and stats have [i]nothing to do with each other.[/i] The only thing that changes how much breath Meditate gives your dragon per use is applying a Discipline stone (or two for the extra 25% chance of firing). Because Discipline replaces Ambush, on a melee dragon the [i]only[/i] reasons I would use it other than 'try it for fun' would be if I could not get two Ambush stones (as when building fighters entirely through drops), or if I was building a lore or challenge fighter who would not be for practical use. And like Anticipate as an energy stone, Discipline as an accessory stone has that RNG problem where it might just end up not doing much on a given turn. Does that help? [emoji=nocturne happy size=1] (edit, clarification)
@EmmaJay Short answer - Only the energy stone is different, it is still a melee and therefore Strength-based build, no reason to change stats.

Speaking as 'I will never feel like an expert, only someone who uses one a lot', Meditate vs. Scratch is mostly a change in primary energy gain method, and an accompanying change in tactics/turn ordering to not waste the breath it gives you on attacks made while debuffed (or waste too many turns of Haste or Rally by casting them before Meditate, instead of after it while debuffed with melee damage reduction and needing to wait out a few turns buffing or Defending anyway).

Arguably, it is also a reason to keep Sap or Shred around as a less-expensive smaller melee attack - mostly for bosses, since they take that one extra hit, unless you are short on battle dragons and your Mire Flyer is doubling as part of a team in a higher-level area.

Since I think I know why you were asking about stats, I will add - Meditate and stats have nothing to do with each other. The only thing that changes how much breath Meditate gives your dragon per use is applying a Discipline stone (or two for the extra 25% chance of firing).

Because Discipline replaces Ambush, on a melee dragon the only reasons I would use it other than 'try it for fun' would be if I could not get two Ambush stones (as when building fighters entirely through drops), or if I was building a lore or challenge fighter who would not be for practical use. And like Anticipate as an energy stone, Discipline as an accessory stone has that RNG problem where it might just end up not doing much on a given turn.

Does that help?

(edit, clarification)
Absolutely! @williwawwarden. Thank you much for going in-depth. I have been around forever and played in the coliseum mostly for fun, but I just can’t seem to get all the stones right in my head.

I have enough 25s that I think I am going to pick one that is close (or create one if none exist) and change to meditate to see how it goes. Thanks again for the help!
Absolutely! @williwawwarden. Thank you much for going in-depth. I have been around forever and played in the coliseum mostly for fun, but I just can’t seem to get all the stones right in my head.

I have enough 25s that I think I am going to pick one that is close (or create one if none exist) and change to meditate to see how it goes. Thanks again for the help!

Arcane_dream.png

Arcane_dream.png
@EmmaJay And I have a memory like a screened window in a home with cats (it gets holes and things slip through [emoji=nocturne tongue size=1]) which is why I try to remember to mention I am not the greatest authority on any of this stuff. I am glad if it helps, happy battling!
@EmmaJay And I have a memory like a screened window in a home with cats (it gets holes and things slip through ) which is why I try to remember to mention I am not the greatest authority on any of this stuff. I am glad if it helps, happy battling!
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 64 65