Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Making Skins/Accents in GIMP
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
i do not understand how to "unzip" the PSD
i do not understand how to "unzip" the PSD
jhDZb.gif yvRwk.gif
@Klomonx

I'm not sure where to ask, so I'll just ask here, hope it's ok. Do you happen to know if there is a way to deal with those blobs outside the lineart (imp f psd)? I'd love to alpha-lock the layer and not worry about drawing outside the lineart, but the blobs make it useless. I've been told to keep all the layers as clipping masks, but I don't know how to do that in GIMP (and honestly I can't use the masks anyway).
@Klomonx

I'm not sure where to ask, so I'll just ask here, hope it's ok. Do you happen to know if there is a way to deal with those blobs outside the lineart (imp f psd)? I'd love to alpha-lock the layer and not worry about drawing outside the lineart, but the blobs make it useless. I've been told to keep all the layers as clipping masks, but I don't know how to do that in GIMP (and honestly I can't use the masks anyway).
frsig1_by_ragoni-dal06o7.pngfrsig2_by_ragoni-dal06op.pngfrsig3_by_ragoni-dal06pf.pngfrsig4_by_ragoni-dal06py.pngfrsig5_by_ragoni-dal06ql.png
@DonutQueen
You need a program like Winrar to unzip a .psd. It is not a GIMP related question.

@Nyreth
I never got pinged, so sorry!
The blobs? Can you show me a picture? Most likely you need to do this:
4. Right click on the layer you want to start with, and select Alpha to Selection to select the part, and you will see the dancing 'ants' or 'lines' around the part you've clicked on. (If you don't, restart GIMP).
@DonutQueen
You need a program like Winrar to unzip a .psd. It is not a GIMP related question.

@Nyreth
I never got pinged, so sorry!
The blobs? Can you show me a picture? Most likely you need to do this:
4. Right click on the layer you want to start with, and select Alpha to Selection to select the part, and you will see the dancing 'ants' or 'lines' around the part you've clicked on. (If you don't, restart GIMP).
Bump!
I plan on adapting the tutorial on how to check your accent's % for GIMP soon!
Bump!
I plan on adapting the tutorial on how to check your accent's % for GIMP soon!
As a Gimp user that has had some success, I'll Ping you
As a Gimp user that has had some success, I'll Ping you
tumblr_inline_naxjlrHYbk1qg78ij.png
General bump. People have messaged me and pinged me for help but never replied to my answers. I hope whatever I did helped.
For GIMP help PLEASE:
- Provide screencaps of the issue
- Describe the issue as clearly as possible.
General bump. People have messaged me and pinged me for help but never replied to my answers. I hope whatever I did helped.
For GIMP help PLEASE:
- Provide screencaps of the issue
- Describe the issue as clearly as possible.
@Klomonx What do you do to make a clipping mask?
@Klomonx What do you do to make a clipping mask?
FR_signature_buttons_volt_2.pngFR_signature_buttons_intro.pngFR_signature_buttons_art_shop.pngFR_signature_buttons_wishlist.pngFR_signature_buttons_volt_small.png
@dragonfire27

GIMP does not have the ability to make a clipping mask, however, there is an alternative that produces a similar effect, that is best described here: http://boitblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/clipping-masks.html
@dragonfire27

GIMP does not have the ability to make a clipping mask, however, there is an alternative that produces a similar effect, that is best described here: http://boitblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/clipping-masks.html
@Klomonx I accidently turned the clipping of on the lineart is there no way to get it back on then?
@Klomonx I accidently turned the clipping of on the lineart is there no way to get it back on then?
FR_signature_buttons_volt_2.pngFR_signature_buttons_intro.pngFR_signature_buttons_art_shop.pngFR_signature_buttons_wishlist.pngFR_signature_buttons_volt_small.png
[quote name="dragonfire27" date=2015-12-04 10:14:34] @Klomonx I accidently turned the clipping of on the lineart is there no way to get it back on then? [/quote] You should be able by re-doing the steps int he tutorial on the Lineart Layer; OR undo-ing a few times to make sure it's still selected.
dragonfire27 wrote on 2015-12-04:

You should be able by re-doing the steps int he tutorial on the Lineart Layer; OR undo-ing a few times to make sure it's still selected.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12