Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Making Skins/Accents in GIMP
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12
@seungri

No, the way GIMP works you do not want to use the regular .psd. You want to open the Elements Friendly .PSD and follow the tutorial. :) (If you don't have it, redownload the .psd files. You get two, one is 'Elements Friendly')
@seungri

No, the way GIMP works you do not want to use the regular .psd. You want to open the Elements Friendly .PSD and follow the tutorial. :) (If you don't have it, redownload the .psd files. You get two, one is 'Elements Friendly')
@Sucrose

Just realized I never pinged you when I returned!
@Sucrose

Just realized I never pinged you when I returned!
@Klomonx

Thank you for your help. :)
@Klomonx

Thank you for your help. :)
@Anuacyl
I don't know what happened, but..
1. I opened the file with GIMP 2.8 as I should (pearlcatcher female)
2. I clicked on the layer ''belly''
3. I painted it with the colour blue
4. I wanted to erase a spot of the blue
5. (and now the big BIIIG problem:) I wanted to paint the erased spot with another colour, but I can't.. I can't paint the erased spot of the belly folder... (I also tried it with other layers and other dragons but it doesn't work as it should)

What happened and what can I do?
@Anuacyl
I don't know what happened, but..
1. I opened the file with GIMP 2.8 as I should (pearlcatcher female)
2. I clicked on the layer ''belly''
3. I painted it with the colour blue
4. I wanted to erase a spot of the blue
5. (and now the big BIIIG problem:) I wanted to paint the erased spot with another colour, but I can't.. I can't paint the erased spot of the belly folder... (I also tried it with other layers and other dragons but it doesn't work as it should)

What happened and what can I do?
sigleft.pngUz29O.gif3E73x.gif7524t.gifFjkTv.gif
@Dragonisa

That layer has alpha lock on. Alpha lock means you can only paint on places that have color. When you erased, you made that part colorless, or transparent. Therefore, you can't paint on it. To fix it is easy! Click on the belly layer, then look at the top of the window, right below the opacity. There are 2 buttons, one looks like a paintbrush and one looks like a checkerboard. Click the checkerboard. Now you can paint again!
@Dragonisa

That layer has alpha lock on. Alpha lock means you can only paint on places that have color. When you erased, you made that part colorless, or transparent. Therefore, you can't paint on it. To fix it is easy! Click on the belly layer, then look at the top of the window, right below the opacity. There are 2 buttons, one looks like a paintbrush and one looks like a checkerboard. Click the checkerboard. Now you can paint again!
tumblr_osv1j8GD531v8lm95o1_r1_75sq.png
They/Them
FR +0
1zDfZ2C.png
@MystriDragon
Thank you so much! :D
@MystriDragon
Thank you so much! :D
sigleft.pngUz29O.gif3E73x.gif7524t.gifFjkTv.gif
@escarlata4000
@escarlata4000
2W8Qnl5.pngJNVGsDs.png
@Drakespeare
@Drakespeare
Hey everyone! Anuacyl seems to have been off FR for some time - so please do not ping them. Instead, feel free to ping me for your GIMP needs!
Hey everyone! Anuacyl seems to have been off FR for some time - so please do not ping them. Instead, feel free to ping me for your GIMP needs!
@Hydria *Casually pings self*
@Hydria *Casually pings self*
waterfull.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12