Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Making Skins/Accents in GIMP
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
@Klomonx
Huh. Undel's guide under the custom skins section should be edited to reflect that. Thanks for letting me know, though.
@Klomonx
Huh. Undel's guide under the custom skins section should be edited to reflect that. Thanks for letting me know, though.
pepis_by_minecr_aft-dbxskxp.gif

• Marc • he/him • Iban Peranakan • FR -02:00 / UTC -10:00, no DST •
Former Earth Dom Organization Council

1sAnyd1.gif
bisexual_pride_by_my_world_is_split-dbjdpzj.png

03XKUqf.png
@damiens

Just glad we could get it resolved. I don't know why i didn't think of the opacity first. Both an invisible layer (I think, I'm sure an invisible layer group would result in that, but can't remember if layer being invisible does or not) and low opacity could do that.
@damiens

Just glad we could get it resolved. I don't know why i didn't think of the opacity first. Both an invisible layer (I think, I'm sure an invisible layer group would result in that, but can't remember if layer being invisible does or not) and low opacity could do that.
button.png raffle5.png
@Klomonx

When I open the psd files in gimp I get terrible amounts of lag, especially when trying to actually draw.

Have you encountered this before, or know what top do about it?
@Klomonx

When I open the psd files in gimp I get terrible amounts of lag, especially when trying to actually draw.

Have you encountered this before, or know what top do about it?
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Please ping me for attention!
Clan Haven welcomes you.
@Dracknorin
Hm...
Are you using a tablet? Gimp has issues with tablets, sadly. A bug that hasn't been resolved despite it being known from sometime in 2007 (unless 2.8 solves it).
There are many supposed fixes, but they never work for me. Here are links to things you can try:
Gimpforums:Tablet Pen and Cursor Problems
Pointer is not aligning...
Gimptalk:Install guide wacom drawing tablets with gimp
@Dracknorin
Hm...
Are you using a tablet? Gimp has issues with tablets, sadly. A bug that hasn't been resolved despite it being known from sometime in 2007 (unless 2.8 solves it).
There are many supposed fixes, but they never work for me. Here are links to things you can try:
Gimpforums:Tablet Pen and Cursor Problems
Pointer is not aligning...
Gimptalk:Install guide wacom drawing tablets with gimp
@Klomonx

I wasn't aware of that, thank you. I'm just confused because it's only with those specific files that I have problems. Usually my tablet works fine.

I'll give those fixes a shot though.
@Klomonx

I wasn't aware of that, thank you. I'm just confused because it's only with those specific files that I have problems. Usually my tablet works fine.

I'll give those fixes a shot though.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Please ping me for attention!
Clan Haven welcomes you.
@TwoJay

Ping-ing myself for future use.
@TwoJay

Ping-ing myself for future use.
9P7od2r.gifD3EnY5k.jpgNATURE*DOM0YHwyMk.png
@Klomonx

I'm working on an accent for the latest contest. I tried making the skin layers invisible to see the clipping in action. The shading clip works fine, but the ink clip covers the whole dragon. I don't understand why it isn't just covering the accent. I'm using Gimp 2.8. Do you know what I might have done wrong?

Thanks!
@Klomonx

I'm working on an accent for the latest contest. I tried making the skin layers invisible to see the clipping in action. The shading clip works fine, but the ink clip covers the whole dragon. I don't understand why it isn't just covering the accent. I'm using Gimp 2.8. Do you know what I might have done wrong?

Thanks!
44303339972_bbca1c3340_o.gif button_cts.png512.1xOrd.bellzan_zpsoczvztar.png24990473472_c6b3e103bf_o.png
@bellzan
Is the layer "locked"?
Hit ctrl+L to have the Layer tab open. Along with an opacity slider, there will be a check box of some sort with a lock. Check that.
Then make sure you have the accent layer selected, and draw. Should work :3

Also gonna tag my partner: @Anuacyl
@bellzan
Is the layer "locked"?
Hit ctrl+L to have the Layer tab open. Along with an opacity slider, there will be a check box of some sort with a lock. Check that.
Then make sure you have the accent layer selected, and draw. Should work :3

Also gonna tag my partner: @Anuacyl
@Klomonx

Thanks! It still won't work, though. Underneath opacity I have the word lock and then two images. One of a paintbrush which says "lock pixels" if I mouse over it, and one of a piece of transparency that says "lock alpha channel". I tried turning those on and off for all of my layers and it didn't seem to make a difference. Which layer should I change? Which one is the one I want to change? Am I supposed to turn it on, or off? To clarify, I've already drawn most of my accent, the problem is that the ink clipping layer is outlining the rest of the (invisible) dragon.

Thank you!
@Klomonx

Thanks! It still won't work, though. Underneath opacity I have the word lock and then two images. One of a paintbrush which says "lock pixels" if I mouse over it, and one of a piece of transparency that says "lock alpha channel". I tried turning those on and off for all of my layers and it didn't seem to make a difference. Which layer should I change? Which one is the one I want to change? Am I supposed to turn it on, or off? To clarify, I've already drawn most of my accent, the problem is that the ink clipping layer is outlining the rest of the (invisible) dragon.

Thank you!
44303339972_bbca1c3340_o.gif button_cts.png512.1xOrd.bellzan_zpsoczvztar.png24990473472_c6b3e103bf_o.png
@bellzan

Alpha Channel
..hohum, what do you mean it's "clipping"? Can you provide a screenshot, maybe I'm misunderstanding.
@bellzan

Alpha Channel
..hohum, what do you mean it's "clipping"? Can you provide a screenshot, maybe I'm misunderstanding.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12