Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gone for 3+ Years... What Have I Missed?
1 2
EDIT:
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome back! I've got a ton of reading to do and I've already spent quite a lot of time making new scrys and seeing what the new apparel is like.

To start, I think I'll be sorting out who I'm keeping and selling. I've got a lot of research to do but I think it'll be fun to see what's changed with the market.

Hello All!

I've been away from FR since the start of 2021 (I think?) and lately I've been missing it. I think I might try to come back and slowly get back into things but three years is a long time.

I came back very briefly and saw the Aberration breed but I know nothing beyond that. Some info about what's been happening would be nice. Plus some insight on what people are interested in nowadays would really help! I used to sell Naomi descendants, I loved two-digit named dragons, and hatching/selling double and triple G1s was super fun! How relevant are they now? Oh, and G1 Imps - I remember wanting to try and get one before I left.

As for myself, I've been working on my art and I've found myself really into making lore for my characters again. So I thought I could come back and give my old dragons the lore that they always needed! I've also been super obsessed with Hazbin Hotel - what's the fanbase like on here? And are there any skins/accents inspired by it?

Anywho, I hope I'll stay a bit longer this time. I used be super active on here but now I'm a bit intimidated by the change. It's nice to see that everything still looks the same but I'm more concerned about learning the prices of things again and trying to figure out what my own dragons are worth. I used to know so much... I feel like a noob again ^^'
EDIT:
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome back! I've got a ton of reading to do and I've already spent quite a lot of time making new scrys and seeing what the new apparel is like.

To start, I think I'll be sorting out who I'm keeping and selling. I've got a lot of research to do but I think it'll be fun to see what's changed with the market.

Hello All!

I've been away from FR since the start of 2021 (I think?) and lately I've been missing it. I think I might try to come back and slowly get back into things but three years is a long time.

I came back very briefly and saw the Aberration breed but I know nothing beyond that. Some info about what's been happening would be nice. Plus some insight on what people are interested in nowadays would really help! I used to sell Naomi descendants, I loved two-digit named dragons, and hatching/selling double and triple G1s was super fun! How relevant are they now? Oh, and G1 Imps - I remember wanting to try and get one before I left.

As for myself, I've been working on my art and I've found myself really into making lore for my characters again. So I thought I could come back and give my old dragons the lore that they always needed! I've also been super obsessed with Hazbin Hotel - what's the fanbase like on here? And are there any skins/accents inspired by it?

Anywho, I hope I'll stay a bit longer this time. I used be super active on here but now I'm a bit intimidated by the change. It's nice to see that everything still looks the same but I'm more concerned about learning the prices of things again and trying to figure out what my own dragons are worth. I used to know so much... I feel like a noob again ^^'
Chronological update reference Can help you get a summary of all the announcements since you were last on.

Naomi descendants, Triple G1s, and 2 letter names are still in demand, double g1s less so. G1 imps are sill astronomically expensive.

Chronological update reference Can help you get a summary of all the announcements since you were last on.

Naomi descendants, Triple G1s, and 2 letter names are still in demand, double g1s less so. G1 imps are sill astronomically expensive.

Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
depending on how early 2021 you left, you might not've been around since they added eye vials in the marketplace!
depending on how early 2021 you left, you might not've been around since they added eye vials in the marketplace!
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
Welcome back! Glitch dragons, like Oni in you Other Sales tab, are also in demand! He’s a tiny bog, so there are people that collect them. If you’re looking for more info about the glitch you can look at this thread.
Welcome back! Glitch dragons, like Oni in you Other Sales tab, are also in demand! He’s a tiny bog, so there are people that collect them. If you’re looking for more info about the glitch you can look at this thread.
wCtmyuR.png Avatar Dragon | Molten Lava Subspecies

“Life is like a piano; the white keys represent happiness and the black show sadness. But as you go through life's journey, remember that the black keys also create music.” - Ehssan
RClY3u4.gif GwKdven.png
@Lynell
Thank you! I'll have a look over that thread!

@corndog
I think I remember eye vials coming into the marketplace. Everyone was a bit iffy on it since we spent hours grinding away for scattersights during the short time they were available

@Birdsofwax
Oh shoot - I didn't realise he was even glitched in the first place. I might have to keep him then!
@Lynell
Thank you! I'll have a look over that thread!

@corndog
I think I remember eye vials coming into the marketplace. Everyone was a bit iffy on it since we spent hours grinding away for scattersights during the short time they were available

@Birdsofwax
Oh shoot - I didn't realise he was even glitched in the first place. I might have to keep him then!
@EchoGhost

I think I remember you!

Some of the more notable updates I can think of:

Obviously new breeds, most of them being ancients, and stuff like genes and apparel.

Achievements are back.

Things from events have been moved to Grand Exchange. This includes Joxar - his shop contains the festival skins as well, but also other, new NPCs. For example, during NotN, you get Strange Chests from Higgins, not from Swipp anymore.

Speaking of the Grand Exchange, Glass and Gloss. Shared ancient genes - as in genes that are on multiple ancients - have been turned into parchments. So for example, if Loop and Arc were to drop from Coliseum, they're now parchments instead of individual genes for Veilspun and Dusthides. This way you can choose on what gene to get, instead of relying on RNG.

The parchments also made some Baldwin- and Swipp recipes easier. For example, Firefly no longer needs the Firebug familiar.

New event during August: Warrior's Way. The event works similarly to NotN, but no chests (only festival currency), and there's an EXP boost.

Speaking of festival currency, you can get it from other tasks than gathering and Coliseum. Most notably, during NotN, you can also get Strange Chests from tasks. This makes fodder exalting profitable during those times.

Beastclans on the Rise got completely wiped, since it implied colonialism, and it's slowly being rebuilt towards a better path. For the given moment, we got information on Harpies.
@EchoGhost

I think I remember you!

Some of the more notable updates I can think of:

Obviously new breeds, most of them being ancients, and stuff like genes and apparel.

Achievements are back.

Things from events have been moved to Grand Exchange. This includes Joxar - his shop contains the festival skins as well, but also other, new NPCs. For example, during NotN, you get Strange Chests from Higgins, not from Swipp anymore.

Speaking of the Grand Exchange, Glass and Gloss. Shared ancient genes - as in genes that are on multiple ancients - have been turned into parchments. So for example, if Loop and Arc were to drop from Coliseum, they're now parchments instead of individual genes for Veilspun and Dusthides. This way you can choose on what gene to get, instead of relying on RNG.

The parchments also made some Baldwin- and Swipp recipes easier. For example, Firefly no longer needs the Firebug familiar.

New event during August: Warrior's Way. The event works similarly to NotN, but no chests (only festival currency), and there's an EXP boost.

Speaking of festival currency, you can get it from other tasks than gathering and Coliseum. Most notably, during NotN, you can also get Strange Chests from tasks. This makes fodder exalting profitable during those times.

Beastclans on the Rise got completely wiped, since it implied colonialism, and it's slowly being rebuilt towards a better path. For the given moment, we got information on Harpies.
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
Welcome back!!!

G1s still very much in, but the flipping market is a slower than it used to be. 2021 G1 flipping was crazy honestly…

Due to copyright, no skins can have direct or obvious reference to copyrighted material such as character designs…. Buttttt…. I’m sure there’s tons of skins that’d scratch the same itch aesthetic wise ^_*
Welcome back!!!

G1s still very much in, but the flipping market is a slower than it used to be. 2021 G1 flipping was crazy honestly…

Due to copyright, no skins can have direct or obvious reference to copyrighted material such as character designs…. Buttttt…. I’m sure there’s tons of skins that’d scratch the same itch aesthetic wise ^_*
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist
@EchoGhost

Welcome back!!

I joined in 2014, took a 3-year break, came back and it was a learning curve at first but ultimately worth it. Now I'm here every day!!

the biggest change I can mention, besides those above, is that after 10 years, there are SO MANY players and SO MANY dragons, that a lot of things that used to have value, just don't...(it's not bad, it's just different)...

I'm specifically thinking of really hard-to-get Familiars that only dropped in Gathering and sold for so much on the AH, and now are cheap cheap cheap b/c there are so many in circulation

there's a true giving culture now, there are so many freebies because there's just so much STUFF out there, and yes, there are still untouchable items like Light and Fire Sprites, but for the typical player, almost everything is pretty accessible

with the addition of Glimmer and Gloom in the Fairgrounds, maxing out at 75kt/day for 2 weeks gives you 1M treasure, just from playing that game alone!!

Elemental festivals are riots of activity now, and most have an additional week of pre-festival buildup

The art on this site is crazy-amazing, and the art community has exploded.

Also, dragons over 3yo are considered "oldies," and the older the dragon, the more valuable. Oldies have become highly collectible and valuable, so if you're thinking of "moving / removing" any of your older dragons, you'll want to do your research first, to be sure you're not exalting or selling something really valuable.

Galopa's Old Oaks is your #1 stop for all things oldies, help with pricing and understanding the current market

ditto Old Dragons Collectors Association to help you get the "feel" for what oldies are worth

also, if you Discord, that's become quite a big part of FR

fwiw, I'll post below what I typically post on the Introductions forum for new players...even though you're not new-new, there might be some basic reminder info in these tips that you can use...

@ xxxxx

Hi there, I’m BunnySox, I'm in Wind Flight, and a very breezy, warm welcome to FR!!

There’s a lot of fun and interesting things to do here, lots of choices and activities -- breeding, buying/selling, collectibles of all kinds, Coliseum, dress-up, art shops, hatcheries, raffles and festivals, role-play, storytelling, on and on.

And a fantastic community!!

After you've played a bit, you'll start to discover what you enjoy most!!

If you feel a bit shy about asking for free things...no worries. FR's community is very generous and very helpful to everyone, and especially new players.

We want you to stay!!! :D

Here’s a few quick tips you might find useful…
  • you’ll find that you won’t need tons of money right away -- there are free dragons (and free stuff) everywhere...check out the Raffles & Giveaways forums…I'll link you some personal faves below...
  • give each dragon a Familiar & bond with Familiars daily, for a bit of treasure and some treasure chest rewards as they level up
  • keep your dragons well-fed -- over 80% at all times -- to get your daily well-fed bonuses
  • Which Waystone (Library menu, left) suggests daily activities and tasks for you, helping you explore the vast world of Sornieth
  • under Library / Forums, 1st column, halfway down, are your Ice Flight-only forums. Introduce yourself to your fellow "Icicles" and see what goodies / assistance your Flight offers their new players
    -- if you Discord, this is where you request Ice's Flight server access
  • Guide to FR Abbreviations will help you understand “forum-speak”
  • to reply to someone on a Forum thread, just type @username and they'll get a notification
  • the geniuses at Tiny Little Questions save me all the time -- bookmark them, I'm serious!! xD
  • upper right corner next to your u/n, down arrow, you'll find your Account Settings -- this is where you set up a Forum Signature, Avatar, & Vista…and also where you can Log Out

I’m a long-time player, on daily, happy to answer questions or help in any way!!

Enjoy your dragons!!

BunnySox ^^

Adopt-A-Dragon = Free to Good Homes!
Exalt Row Rescue Hub
Free Leveled Dragons for New Players
Free Leveled Coli Teams for Newbies
Critter Crypt: Free Familiars for (NOT ONLY) Newbies
the generous Rosecloud Sanctuary has a giveaway package for every newbie, plus beautiful dragons to adopt, plus raffles
Lore’s Grotto – Free Items & Dragons

Masterpost of Tools, Guides, Resources, etc.
Data-Based Money Making Guide
Juxta13's Random Raffle

^^

@EchoGhost

Welcome back!!

I joined in 2014, took a 3-year break, came back and it was a learning curve at first but ultimately worth it. Now I'm here every day!!

the biggest change I can mention, besides those above, is that after 10 years, there are SO MANY players and SO MANY dragons, that a lot of things that used to have value, just don't...(it's not bad, it's just different)...

I'm specifically thinking of really hard-to-get Familiars that only dropped in Gathering and sold for so much on the AH, and now are cheap cheap cheap b/c there are so many in circulation

there's a true giving culture now, there are so many freebies because there's just so much STUFF out there, and yes, there are still untouchable items like Light and Fire Sprites, but for the typical player, almost everything is pretty accessible

with the addition of Glimmer and Gloom in the Fairgrounds, maxing out at 75kt/day for 2 weeks gives you 1M treasure, just from playing that game alone!!

Elemental festivals are riots of activity now, and most have an additional week of pre-festival buildup

The art on this site is crazy-amazing, and the art community has exploded.

Also, dragons over 3yo are considered "oldies," and the older the dragon, the more valuable. Oldies have become highly collectible and valuable, so if you're thinking of "moving / removing" any of your older dragons, you'll want to do your research first, to be sure you're not exalting or selling something really valuable.

Galopa's Old Oaks is your #1 stop for all things oldies, help with pricing and understanding the current market

ditto Old Dragons Collectors Association to help you get the "feel" for what oldies are worth

also, if you Discord, that's become quite a big part of FR

fwiw, I'll post below what I typically post on the Introductions forum for new players...even though you're not new-new, there might be some basic reminder info in these tips that you can use...

@ xxxxx

Hi there, I’m BunnySox, I'm in Wind Flight, and a very breezy, warm welcome to FR!!

There’s a lot of fun and interesting things to do here, lots of choices and activities -- breeding, buying/selling, collectibles of all kinds, Coliseum, dress-up, art shops, hatcheries, raffles and festivals, role-play, storytelling, on and on.

And a fantastic community!!

After you've played a bit, you'll start to discover what you enjoy most!!

If you feel a bit shy about asking for free things...no worries. FR's community is very generous and very helpful to everyone, and especially new players.

We want you to stay!!! :D

Here’s a few quick tips you might find useful…
  • you’ll find that you won’t need tons of money right away -- there are free dragons (and free stuff) everywhere...check out the Raffles & Giveaways forums…I'll link you some personal faves below...
  • give each dragon a Familiar & bond with Familiars daily, for a bit of treasure and some treasure chest rewards as they level up
  • keep your dragons well-fed -- over 80% at all times -- to get your daily well-fed bonuses
  • Which Waystone (Library menu, left) suggests daily activities and tasks for you, helping you explore the vast world of Sornieth
  • under Library / Forums, 1st column, halfway down, are your Ice Flight-only forums. Introduce yourself to your fellow "Icicles" and see what goodies / assistance your Flight offers their new players
    -- if you Discord, this is where you request Ice's Flight server access
  • Guide to FR Abbreviations will help you understand “forum-speak”
  • to reply to someone on a Forum thread, just type @username and they'll get a notification
  • the geniuses at Tiny Little Questions save me all the time -- bookmark them, I'm serious!! xD
  • upper right corner next to your u/n, down arrow, you'll find your Account Settings -- this is where you set up a Forum Signature, Avatar, & Vista…and also where you can Log Out

I’m a long-time player, on daily, happy to answer questions or help in any way!!

Enjoy your dragons!!

BunnySox ^^

Adopt-A-Dragon = Free to Good Homes!
Exalt Row Rescue Hub
Free Leveled Dragons for New Players
Free Leveled Coli Teams for Newbies
Critter Crypt: Free Familiars for (NOT ONLY) Newbies
the generous Rosecloud Sanctuary has a giveaway package for every newbie, plus beautiful dragons to adopt, plus raffles
Lore’s Grotto – Free Items & Dragons

Masterpost of Tools, Guides, Resources, etc.
Data-Based Money Making Guide
Juxta13's Random Raffle

^^

Well, you came just in time for hatchling skins being announced
Well, you came just in time for hatchling skins being announced
301GqZa.png Vicky | She/They | FR+9
Current project
Sales tab
Wishlist
76642607p.png
EG2ha59.png
Baldwin got some updates, making a lot of recipes much cheaper. Mostly the early-level items, but this does mean stuff like certain beakers and reductions make more for less now. Many gene recipes were slashed because of glass and gloss, who was mentioned above. Half price capsule forever!

Another shop was added to the trading post: Arlo's ancient artifacts. It's similar to Baldwin with a timer you check back on, but you get the items by eventually digging up plots that have genes, apparel, familiars, scenes, and vistas hidden underneath. Most of the non-genes are fodder items, so if you want to catch up your collection it shouldn't be difficult at all.

You've missed several ancient breeds! In chronological order: aberrations, undertides, aethers, sandsurges, Auraboas, and dusthides.
- aberrations are very popular now, def a top 5 breed. Lots of cool stuff you can do with them.
- undertides ain't got no legs lieutenant dan and their permababy pose is pretty legendary. You get their breed change scroll from the third plot in arlo, making them the second cheapest breed behind nocturnes. It's great!
- aethers have BIG EYES and you should absolutely go scry them with goat eyes. Right now. Also they eat paper and come from space.
- sandsurges are a gem breed, very spiky, and brought us a fantastic tert gene called augment. Adds robot parts into the dragon, making them a cyborg. Later, abers got the gene, and the brand new dusthides have it too.
- Auraboas are noodles and I love them very much! Feathery wings are cool. Good pose for skins in my mind. I have quite a few.
- dusthides released very recently, with mixed feelings about them. They don't seem to be very popular.

This means only wind and light still need their ancient breeds.

Mushroom apparel, cybernetic apparel, carousel apparel, gardener apparel... Some very notable genes: pharaoh/sarcophagus is a gem gene that adds a LOT of black. Sparkle is the new tert saver gene, it's just sparkles everywhere. Orb/weaver was an undertide gene that got expanded onto moderns recently with tones of pale/white spots. But of course, the most important one, cinder and blaze. wildly popular. Kinda the new flaunt/flair (might be wishful thinking because I really love blaze/cinder). The Arlo genes are cool, most notably boulder/myrid is a swirly stone texture.

Achievements are back, there's a shop for spending achievement points on stuff. The most notable thing there is the ancient gene Carnivore, which adds giant jagged teeth and a saliva/magic-y must/haze coming from the chompers. Very cool. Not every ancient has it though.

In the past fests, you've missed the statue collection (statues of deities made out of representative rocks) slinks (elemental ferret looking things, extremely cute + popular) and snakes (snakes with representative flowers of the month). Idk what the 2021-2022 fams were off the top of my head, I wasn't here.

New coli venue: silk-strewn wreckage. Bugs! So many bugs!! Expansions in a couple places. Idk if you saw the mire expansion in your time. Woodland path was a notable expansion, people went wild for it. Scenes were added to a bunch of venues, I'd like to note the incredible ghost light ruins scene from not very long ago.

We get 16 skins per festival now! Because there's so many more breeds.

Staff said they're working on bringing PvP back! That was announced last year on the 10 anniversary.

We have a calendar for all the limited time events like cycling gem marketplace and such, you can find it in the encyclopedia. Very useful.

NotN is insane as always, even more items now. More genes from there: fern/paisley. I like em, they're pretty nice. Some of the old fams now have trades (you use the old fams to trade higgens for items like scenes) so they're worth more than they ever were before.

Every time a breed drops the site hits like 6-7k people online at once. It's cool to see!

GL exploring the new flight rising!

Baldwin got some updates, making a lot of recipes much cheaper. Mostly the early-level items, but this does mean stuff like certain beakers and reductions make more for less now. Many gene recipes were slashed because of glass and gloss, who was mentioned above. Half price capsule forever!

Another shop was added to the trading post: Arlo's ancient artifacts. It's similar to Baldwin with a timer you check back on, but you get the items by eventually digging up plots that have genes, apparel, familiars, scenes, and vistas hidden underneath. Most of the non-genes are fodder items, so if you want to catch up your collection it shouldn't be difficult at all.

You've missed several ancient breeds! In chronological order: aberrations, undertides, aethers, sandsurges, Auraboas, and dusthides.
- aberrations are very popular now, def a top 5 breed. Lots of cool stuff you can do with them.
- undertides ain't got no legs lieutenant dan and their permababy pose is pretty legendary. You get their breed change scroll from the third plot in arlo, making them the second cheapest breed behind nocturnes. It's great!
- aethers have BIG EYES and you should absolutely go scry them with goat eyes. Right now. Also they eat paper and come from space.
- sandsurges are a gem breed, very spiky, and brought us a fantastic tert gene called augment. Adds robot parts into the dragon, making them a cyborg. Later, abers got the gene, and the brand new dusthides have it too.
- Auraboas are noodles and I love them very much! Feathery wings are cool. Good pose for skins in my mind. I have quite a few.
- dusthides released very recently, with mixed feelings about them. They don't seem to be very popular.

This means only wind and light still need their ancient breeds.

Mushroom apparel, cybernetic apparel, carousel apparel, gardener apparel... Some very notable genes: pharaoh/sarcophagus is a gem gene that adds a LOT of black. Sparkle is the new tert saver gene, it's just sparkles everywhere. Orb/weaver was an undertide gene that got expanded onto moderns recently with tones of pale/white spots. But of course, the most important one, cinder and blaze. wildly popular. Kinda the new flaunt/flair (might be wishful thinking because I really love blaze/cinder). The Arlo genes are cool, most notably boulder/myrid is a swirly stone texture.

Achievements are back, there's a shop for spending achievement points on stuff. The most notable thing there is the ancient gene Carnivore, which adds giant jagged teeth and a saliva/magic-y must/haze coming from the chompers. Very cool. Not every ancient has it though.

In the past fests, you've missed the statue collection (statues of deities made out of representative rocks) slinks (elemental ferret looking things, extremely cute + popular) and snakes (snakes with representative flowers of the month). Idk what the 2021-2022 fams were off the top of my head, I wasn't here.

New coli venue: silk-strewn wreckage. Bugs! So many bugs!! Expansions in a couple places. Idk if you saw the mire expansion in your time. Woodland path was a notable expansion, people went wild for it. Scenes were added to a bunch of venues, I'd like to note the incredible ghost light ruins scene from not very long ago.

We get 16 skins per festival now! Because there's so many more breeds.

Staff said they're working on bringing PvP back! That was announced last year on the 10 anniversary.

We have a calendar for all the limited time events like cycling gem marketplace and such, you can find it in the encyclopedia. Very useful.

NotN is insane as always, even more items now. More genes from there: fern/paisley. I like em, they're pretty nice. Some of the old fams now have trades (you use the old fams to trade higgens for items like scenes) so they're worth more than they ever were before.

Every time a breed drops the site hits like 6-7k people online at once. It's cool to see!

GL exploring the new flight rising!

violentvioletsig.png
1 2