Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lochness.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="DoubleO" date="2023-06-10 14:57:51" ] "Locomoting Lilypad" makes me imagine a lilypad moving across a pond like a roomba and I love that mental image [/quote] at first I thought this was just a suggestion and not the new name. "Locomoting Lilypad" is cute as all heck
DoubleO wrote on 2023-06-10 14:57:51:
"Locomoting Lilypad" makes me imagine a lilypad moving across a pond like a roomba and I love that mental image
at first I thought this was just a suggestion and not the new name. "Locomoting Lilypad" is cute as all heck
Awww another Scot here. RIP Nessie reference. Still love him though. (Also loved the suggestion of "lochneck" haha)
Awww another Scot here. RIP Nessie reference. Still love him though. (Also loved the suggestion of "lochneck" haha)
» Ping friendly
................................................................. Bb8deOg.png
[quote name="RheoTastic" date="2023-06-10 18:50:32" ] [quote name="corndog" date="2023-06-10 17:51:10" ] [item=yorkshire terrier] [/quote] EXACTLY also [item=gaboon viperpillar] like...do dragons know about equatorial africa or [/quote] a gaboon is a species of tree as well as viper, not a location-you're thinking of gabon, which is an african country, though i understand the confusion since both the snake and the tree live in subsaharan africa
RheoTastic wrote on 2023-06-10 18:50:32:
corndog wrote on 2023-06-10 17:51:10:
Yorkshire Terrier
EXACTLY also Gaboon Viperpillar like...do dragons know about equatorial africa or
a gaboon is a species of tree as well as viper, not a location-you're thinking of gabon, which is an african country, though i understand the confusion since both the snake and the tree live in subsaharan africa
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
kinda bummed they changed the name tbh. i loved the nessie reference, it was goofy and fits the fam perfectly
kinda bummed they changed the name tbh. i loved the nessie reference, it was goofy and fits the fam perfectly
1Wa1sIi.gif
felix || he/they
[img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/788593151563792398/1117316351955062834/nenufar_nessie_name_negotiation.png[/img] fake achievement idk
nenufar_nessie_name_negotiation.png
fake achievement idk
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
[quote name="corndog" date="2023-06-10 21:58:24" ] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/788593151563792398/1117316351955062834/nenufar_nessie_name_negotiation.png[/img] fake achievement idk [/quote] Brilliant
corndog wrote on 2023-06-10 21:58:24:
nenufar_nessie_name_negotiation.png
fake achievement idk
Brilliant
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
[quote name="corndog" date="2023-06-10 21:28:08" ] [quote name="RheoTastic" date="2023-06-10 18:50:32" ] [quote name="corndog" date="2023-06-10 17:51:10" ] [item=yorkshire terrier] [/quote] EXACTLY also [item=gaboon viperpillar] like...do dragons know about equatorial africa or [/quote] a gaboon is a species of tree as well as viper, not a location-you're thinking of gabon, which is an african country, though i understand the confusion since both the snake and the tree live in subsaharan africa [/quote] apparently we’re both right! it seems like Gabon and Gaboon were equated or used interchangeably for the time around when the trees + vipers got their common name, and if I were to hazard a guess as to why I’d bet it’s that the confusion came from the fact that it was a Portuguese word that originated the name (gabão, says wiktionary) and the country was under french rule for a time, and there were also english speakers mucking it up in there at some point. basically europeans fouled everything up. I did write my comment very poorly though and I apologize for that what I meant was that theres no Gaboon w/o Gabon, but like you said since it’s also a tree so theyre just named after the trees diegetically yorkies have no salvation also sorry 2 like the general public for posting on this thread so much gjdhdk I have been very silly
corndog wrote on 2023-06-10 21:28:08:
RheoTastic wrote on 2023-06-10 18:50:32:
Yorkshire Terrier
EXACTLY also Gaboon Viperpillar like...do dragons know about equatorial africa or
a gaboon is a species of tree as well as viper, not a location-you're thinking of gabon, which is an african country, though i understand the confusion since both the snake and the tree live in subsaharan africa
apparently we’re both right! it seems like Gabon and Gaboon were equated or used interchangeably for the time around when the trees + vipers got their common name, and if I were to hazard a guess as to why I’d bet it’s that the confusion came from the fact that it was a Portuguese word that originated the name (gabão, says wiktionary) and the country was under french rule for a time, and there were also english speakers mucking it up in there at some point. basically europeans fouled everything up. I did write my comment very poorly though and I apologize for that what I meant was that theres no Gaboon w/o Gabon, but like you said since it’s also a tree so theyre just named after the trees diegetically

yorkies have no salvation

also sorry 2 like the general public for posting on this thread so much gjdhdk I have been very silly
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
[quote name="corndog" date="2023-06-10 17:51:10" ] [item=yorkshire terrier] [/quote] Earth location as named by Humans - check Breed of animal that only exists due to centuries of Human meddling - check I like to consider items like that non-canon. They punch me right out of the fantasy world immersion. X'D
Yorkshire Terrier

Earth location as named by Humans - check
Breed of animal that only exists due to centuries of Human meddling - check

I like to consider items like that non-canon. They punch me right out of the fantasy world immersion. X'D
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
[quote name="Zenzic" date="2023-06-11 02:33:22" ] [quote name="corndog" date="2023-06-10 17:51:10" ] [item=yorkshire terrier] [/quote] Earth location as named by Humans - check Breed of animal that only exists due to centuries of Human meddling - check I like to consider items like that non-canon. They punch me right out of the fantasy world immersion. X'D [/quote] Wish they called them Smorkshire Harriers or something. Goofy is my jam.
Zenzic wrote on 2023-06-11 02:33:22:
Yorkshire Terrier

Earth location as named by Humans - check
Breed of animal that only exists due to centuries of Human meddling - check

I like to consider items like that non-canon. They punch me right out of the fantasy world immersion. X'D
Wish they called them Smorkshire Harriers or something. Goofy is my jam.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
the original name was better

rip in peace lil nessie ref