Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [opinion]noct scrolls are useless
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
hi, this is just my opinion, i understand that some people really like nocturnes, and i’m not trying to make anyone upset :)

basically, i think they’re completely useless. they don’t sell for enough for me to want to sell them, and you can get nocturne g1s from, well, notn. i don’t understand why someone would breed change a dragon into a nocturne, especially an ancient or something like that, as you would have to completely regene them. imo, they just aren’t a great item :> and, i’m not a big fan of nocturnes myself, so that probably affects this a bit.

btw this was sparked by that i got a breed change in a chest. whoever wants it can have it, if i ever find i need one i can just buy it :) LAH is almost dirt cheap ^^

edit: aaa idk what i was expecting, i apologize if i did make people upset,,,,, i definitely could've worded this a lot better, but it was interesting reading all the comments as most of them are just trying to convey the same idea :)

no, i am not a fan of nocturnes. i'm not trying to hate on them, they just aren't a breed i like(although, as someone else said, they do have an adorable hatchling pose,,,). did i expect this thread to get as many responses as it did? heck no omg,,,, though i did try to read every single one :)

i do completely understand that there are a bunch of people who like nocturnes, and hoard the scrolls. i just don't see a use for them, as i'm not an enjoyer of nocturnes :) i will be giving my scroll to someone else in this thread, and if i get more i'll continue to do so ^^

and btw, to the people saying they really enjoyed reading this thread, i am glad i could spark something that made you laugh lmao
hi, this is just my opinion, i understand that some people really like nocturnes, and i’m not trying to make anyone upset :)

basically, i think they’re completely useless. they don’t sell for enough for me to want to sell them, and you can get nocturne g1s from, well, notn. i don’t understand why someone would breed change a dragon into a nocturne, especially an ancient or something like that, as you would have to completely regene them. imo, they just aren’t a great item :> and, i’m not a big fan of nocturnes myself, so that probably affects this a bit.

btw this was sparked by that i got a breed change in a chest. whoever wants it can have it, if i ever find i need one i can just buy it :) LAH is almost dirt cheap ^^

edit: aaa idk what i was expecting, i apologize if i did make people upset,,,,, i definitely could've worded this a lot better, but it was interesting reading all the comments as most of them are just trying to convey the same idea :)

no, i am not a fan of nocturnes. i'm not trying to hate on them, they just aren't a breed i like(although, as someone else said, they do have an adorable hatchling pose,,,). did i expect this thread to get as many responses as it did? heck no omg,,,, though i did try to read every single one :)

i do completely understand that there are a bunch of people who like nocturnes, and hoard the scrolls. i just don't see a use for them, as i'm not an enjoyer of nocturnes :) i will be giving my scroll to someone else in this thread, and if i get more i'll continue to do so ^^

and btw, to the people saying they really enjoyed reading this thread, i am glad i could spark something that made you laugh lmao
///////// //
c a r r o t
he / him | FR + 3
art shop | skinshop
the arcade | aesthetic rising
ezgif-2-62fb54da77.gif
I mean, fair enough, but you could say the same about most treasure breeds.
I mean, fair enough, but you could say the same about most treasure breeds.
I do believe Nocturne Scrolls are very useful for people who want to their dragon, who is not a Nocturne, to be a Nocturne.
I do believe Nocturne Scrolls are very useful for people who want to their dragon, who is not a Nocturne, to be a Nocturne.
You haven't done a breeding project for an imp yet, I can tell.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
items dont have to be expensive to have value and as others have stated anyone who wants to turn a non-nocturne dragon into a nocturne needs to use one, ergo they arent useless by definition
items dont have to be expensive to have value and as others have stated anyone who wants to turn a non-nocturne dragon into a nocturne needs to use one, ergo they arent useless by definition
owleics.gif
[quote name="Halszkaraptor" date="2022-12-21 05:00:01" ] You haven't done a breeding project for an imp yet, I can tell. [/quote]
Halszkaraptor wrote on 2022-12-21 05:00:01:
TIobTkz.png
They seem pretty essential for anyone who wants to turn their dragon into a Nocturne :D It's nice that they're cheap, scrolls having lots of different price points means that lots of different users can afford to customise their dragons.
They seem pretty essential for anyone who wants to turn their dragon into a Nocturne :D It's nice that they're cheap, scrolls having lots of different price points means that lots of different users can afford to customise their dragons.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
[quote name="Halszkaraptor" date="2022-12-21 05:00:01" ] You haven't done a breeding project for an imp yet, I can tell. [/quote] +people find them great for breeding projects w/ rare or more common breeds
Halszkaraptor wrote on 2022-12-21 05:00:01:
+people find them great for breeding projects w/ rare or more common breeds
.TASTE_ THE_COLOURS.
Someone might want to breed change an oldie, special hatchday, special ID into a noc, heck even an G1 from another breed!
I know I changed some g2+ dragons into noc back in the day so I could pair them with imps (I disliked the cooldown difference with other breeds)

Different vibes for different folks!

Someone might want to breed change an oldie, special hatchday, special ID into a noc, heck even an G1 from another breed!
I know I changed some g2+ dragons into noc back in the day so I could pair them with imps (I disliked the cooldown difference with other breeds)

Different vibes for different folks!

VjNtJfw.png
[quote name="Lonin" date="2022-12-21 05:09:40" ] They seem pretty essential for anyone who wants to turn their dragon into a Nocturne :D It's nice that they're cheap, scrolls having lots of different price points means that lots of different users can afford to customise their dragons. [/quote] Yeah, I have used Nocturne scrolls before because I wanted certain dragons to be Nocturnes. Sure, they may be cheap, but so are Fae, Mirror, Guardian, and Tundra scrolls. It’s good to have some cheap options. I do wish there were some recipes or trades using the Nocturne scrolls to help get rid some of the excess, though. I just hoard the scrolls for whenever I need them. It would be kinda fun to have some genes or scenes that you had to trade a Noc Scroll for during NotN.
Lonin wrote on 2022-12-21 05:09:40:

Yeah, I have used Nocturne scrolls before because I wanted certain dragons to be Nocturnes. Sure, they may be cheap, but so are Fae, Mirror, Guardian, and Tundra scrolls. It’s good to have some cheap options.

I do wish there were some recipes or trades using the Nocturne scrolls to help get rid some of the excess, though. I just hoard the scrolls for whenever I need them. It would be kinda fun to have some genes or scenes that you had to trade a Noc Scroll for during NotN.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10