Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sparkle thoughts
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 19 20
[quote name="Arcadaline" date="2022-05-07 07:50:17" ] To be honest... Not a fan, and it's a real shame because I love sparkly stuff, but I agree with you that it just looks sticker-like. Thing is, it wouldn't take much to make it not look so, either. This is a quick edit I did. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/0QW8jstG/sparkle.png[/img] If it was more like this, more glowy, I'd be a big fan, but as it is... Eh. I can't see myself using it for anything. [/quote] Oh man, I really love this edit - the glow effect really makes it feel much more polished. The gene as is just feels rushed/half finished.
Arcadaline wrote on 2022-05-07 07:50:17:
To be honest... Not a fan, and it's a real shame because I love sparkly stuff, but I agree with you that it just looks sticker-like.
Thing is, it wouldn't take much to make it not look so, either. This is a quick edit I did.
sparkle.png
If it was more like this, more glowy, I'd be a big fan, but as it is...

Eh.

I can't see myself using it for anything.

Oh man, I really love this edit - the glow effect really makes it feel much more polished. The gene as is just feels rushed/half finished.
It doesn't feel bad per'se but it does feel really flat.
It doesn't feel bad per'se but it does feel really flat.
Oh, look, stained discourse is back again lol.

I like it well enough. It's another tert saver AND it's a treasure gene
Oh, look, stained discourse is back again lol.

I like it well enough. It's another tert saver AND it's a treasure gene
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
I like it as it is. Big, cartoony, and sparkly. That's all I really want from it. Then again, I appreciate sparkles of all kinds, and I would love to have a variety of sparkly tertiaries in the future.
I like it as it is. Big, cartoony, and sparkly. That's all I really want from it. Then again, I appreciate sparkles of all kinds, and I would love to have a variety of sparkly tertiaries in the future.
The most beautiful moment of life
In terms of me actually wanting to use the gene - I don't like it very much. When I first saw it I thought it was just firefly (Was trying to figure out a tert for a dragon scry and I was just hitting random to see what looked nice lol) and was going to make a joke about firefly being glitched when I noticed it said 'Sparkle' and not Firefly, and looked at the home page to see it was actually a new gene.

In terms of the site, Fandragons might have some new options, and maybe there will be a subspecies that requires it, but overall I don't see it being a common gene at all. Maybe space themed or crystal themed dragons will have it. I can't imagine a dragon using sparkle over firefly though, unless you want a really basic design for a dragon to draw.

Overall, I think it's a very basic gene that you could get the same effect of by using firefly or by keeping the tert gene as basic, depending on how dark/bright the colors are.
In terms of me actually wanting to use the gene - I don't like it very much. When I first saw it I thought it was just firefly (Was trying to figure out a tert for a dragon scry and I was just hitting random to see what looked nice lol) and was going to make a joke about firefly being glitched when I noticed it said 'Sparkle' and not Firefly, and looked at the home page to see it was actually a new gene.

In terms of the site, Fandragons might have some new options, and maybe there will be a subspecies that requires it, but overall I don't see it being a common gene at all. Maybe space themed or crystal themed dragons will have it. I can't imagine a dragon using sparkle over firefly though, unless you want a really basic design for a dragon to draw.

Overall, I think it's a very basic gene that you could get the same effect of by using firefly or by keeping the tert gene as basic, depending on how dark/bright the colors are.
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
Best way to use flat colors is one flat colors. Sparkle looks great with Eel and Ribbon. I have plans for an XXX boy of mine. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=89&bodygene=84&breed=13&element=4&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=89&tertgene=97&winggene=84&wings=89&auth=a2c0f8e5dd9a686e328a0ed29b94e212fc670d2e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I do like the edited version too though, not gonna lie. Either way, I'm just happy for a way to apply sparkle effects via the Tertiary instead of Prim/Sec.
Best way to use flat colors is one flat colors. Sparkle looks great with Eel and Ribbon. I have plans for an XXX boy of mine.

dragon?age=1&body=89&bodygene=84&breed=13&element=4&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=89&tertgene=97&winggene=84&wings=89&auth=a2c0f8e5dd9a686e328a0ed29b94e212fc670d2e&dummyext=prev.png

I do like the edited version too though, not gonna lie. Either way, I'm just happy for a way to apply sparkle effects via the Tertiary instead of Prim/Sec.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
It works on my random progen. It works on him! Before the only other tert gene that would work was glowtail. It makes Rust/Purple/Emerald look alright. That is a win in my book!
It works on my random progen. It works on him! Before the only other tert gene that would work was glowtail. It makes Rust/Purple/Emerald look alright. That is a win in my book!
Y02PS6v.png
I love how simple it is! It's a nice little accent, and it's great for night sky dragons. I've been using gembond for this girl for so long, but sparkle looks more starry. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=7&breed=13&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=3&tertgene=97&winggene=17&wings=17&auth=41dda6c46709d1efa26c5233f2da5d21ea946990&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
I love how simple it is! It's a nice little accent, and it's great for night sky dragons.

I've been using gembond for this girl for so long, but sparkle looks more starry.

dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=7&breed=13&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=3&tertgene=97&winggene=17&wings=17&auth=41dda6c46709d1efa26c5233f2da5d21ea946990&dummyext=prev.png
leWQTdB.png5hF3FGk.png
Even though I generally prefer more "realistic" looking genes, I actually love Sparkle. I'm fine with it not having a gradient because, personally, I think Firefly is good enough for that effect? I love Firefly too, but I've always though that the darker colors look kind of off for that reason, since light doesn't really spread that way. So, IMO, Sparkle is much better for that use case. Like, Firefly on this guy is so dark and undefined it just looks like a smudge. But Sparkle gives a visible if subtle effect. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=177&bodygene=82&breed=2&element=9&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=53&tertgene=22&winggene=6&wings=106&auth=d6026273a277ed48fabb9c0f122e60d6bcc2c30f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=177&bodygene=82&breed=2&element=9&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=53&tertgene=97&winggene=6&wings=106&auth=b6b81f6f74e9be57d8061d2146b84498f773a8c1&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Also gives a kind of cool effect with dark on dark colors. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=10&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=97&winggene=1&wings=10&auth=6f357ef13066360853bd16e41ca01dddaad9f81c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] And it's gonna be great for eyeburners and vaporwave dragons.
Even though I generally prefer more "realistic" looking genes, I actually love Sparkle.

I'm fine with it not having a gradient because, personally, I think Firefly is good enough for that effect? I love Firefly too, but I've always though that the darker colors look kind of off for that reason, since light doesn't really spread that way. So, IMO, Sparkle is much better for that use case.

Like, Firefly on this guy is so dark and undefined it just looks like a smudge. But Sparkle gives a visible if subtle effect.

dragon?age=1&body=177&bodygene=82&breed=2&element=9&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=53&tertgene=22&winggene=6&wings=106&auth=d6026273a277ed48fabb9c0f122e60d6bcc2c30f&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=177&bodygene=82&breed=2&element=9&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=53&tertgene=97&winggene=6&wings=106&auth=b6b81f6f74e9be57d8061d2146b84498f773a8c1&dummyext=prev.png

Also gives a kind of cool effect with dark on dark colors.

dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=10&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=97&winggene=1&wings=10&auth=6f357ef13066360853bd16e41ca01dddaad9f81c&dummyext=prev.png

And it's gonna be great for eyeburners and vaporwave dragons.
i believe that you believe there is a heaven
where you belong.
he/him
i thought it was a joke at first too lol. but i don't have any strong feelings for it i think. i personally probably won't use it that much maybe outside of those that have 2 colors like copper but a treasure tert-saver for every single breed that covers a lot of the dragon? i really cannot be mad at that
i thought it was a joke at first too lol. but i don't have any strong feelings for it i think. i personally probably won't use it that much maybe outside of those that have 2 colors like copper but a treasure tert-saver for every single breed that covers a lot of the dragon? i really cannot be mad at that
FR + 0 - pls click them! ->t2rW31.pngQkxmd1.pngRCGL01.pngunknown.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 19 20