Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exalting Etiquette, No Judgement
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
gonna drop my penny in here

What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?
personally, I don't mind. if someone buys a dragon from me, it's their dragon and they can do whatever they please. I tend to only sell during dom pushes or events like WW, so I just sell with the full understanding that my dergs are probably going to be exalted and that's okay.

What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)?
I have absolutely no opinion on this. if I bought a dragon, it's because I want to keep that dragon for the time being. for other people, they may not want to keep the dragon, and that's fine.

Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?
no exalting here! the lore I have in mind for my clan doesn't work with the whole exalting thing, so I'm a supplier rather than a trainer. lore-wise my clan is a stop for dragons to settle down, learn about Gladekeeper, and decide whether they want to train to serve her or stay in the clan and help others.

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?
I've never run into this, but if I ever do, I'll try to find them a good new home rather than selling them to a leveler. afterwards, whatever the person I sent them to wants to do with them is their choice.
gonna drop my penny in here

What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?
personally, I don't mind. if someone buys a dragon from me, it's their dragon and they can do whatever they please. I tend to only sell during dom pushes or events like WW, so I just sell with the full understanding that my dergs are probably going to be exalted and that's okay.

What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)?
I have absolutely no opinion on this. if I bought a dragon, it's because I want to keep that dragon for the time being. for other people, they may not want to keep the dragon, and that's fine.

no exalting here! the lore I have in mind for my clan doesn't work with the whole exalting thing, so I'm a supplier rather than a trainer. lore-wise my clan is a stop for dragons to settle down, learn about Gladekeeper, and decide whether they want to train to serve her or stay in the clan and help others.

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?
I've never run into this, but if I ever do, I'll try to find them a good new home rather than selling them to a leveler. afterwards, whatever the person I sent them to wants to do with them is their choice.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
One of the bigger things I see is names given to fodder. In the past I would just hit random until I saw a goodish looking name, but now I just choose the name Moth and move on for every single one that isn't already named.

I personally train and exalt whenever I wish. or have the time. Maybe this leaves a gap, maybe it doesn't. I don't usually fodder higher priced dragons unless they have continued to not sell for ages - meaning they are my own dragons I have failed to sell, and now have the full right to fodder them as I wish, or they were dragons of a breeding project I have been trying to resell for ages, but due to being in a former breeding project nobody wants them anymore, and would only buy them for fodder price to exalt anyways.

When I exalt, it's usually asap after buying fodder. I can't be on here for hours every day, so I obviously buy fodder and then realize I can't train them right away, but usually it doesn't matter.

I never exalt giveaway dragons, and have considered stopping giving away dragons because every time I do giveaway a dragon, they are exalted almost right away. I still have every dragon that had been given to me for free in my first few days on FR, and couldn't even think of exalting them.

My story with starting to exalt dragons is actually pretty funny. I knew it was something you do when you no longer want a dragon in your lair when they just won't sell, so I exalted level 1's like crazy, and wondered for a bit why people said this was a good way to make money. Then I went into the Coli to train up 2 dragons to level 25, using one fodder dragon as a shield to take hits, and when I exalted them and got a lot more treasure, I put two and two together. I kept raising the fodder dragon to level 10 while training two dragons I would keep to level 25, before I would quit the fight and get a new dragon to level with them.

In conclusion: Yeet those Moths to Flamecaller
One of the bigger things I see is names given to fodder. In the past I would just hit random until I saw a goodish looking name, but now I just choose the name Moth and move on for every single one that isn't already named.

I personally train and exalt whenever I wish. or have the time. Maybe this leaves a gap, maybe it doesn't. I don't usually fodder higher priced dragons unless they have continued to not sell for ages - meaning they are my own dragons I have failed to sell, and now have the full right to fodder them as I wish, or they were dragons of a breeding project I have been trying to resell for ages, but due to being in a former breeding project nobody wants them anymore, and would only buy them for fodder price to exalt anyways.

When I exalt, it's usually asap after buying fodder. I can't be on here for hours every day, so I obviously buy fodder and then realize I can't train them right away, but usually it doesn't matter.

I never exalt giveaway dragons, and have considered stopping giving away dragons because every time I do giveaway a dragon, they are exalted almost right away. I still have every dragon that had been given to me for free in my first few days on FR, and couldn't even think of exalting them.

My story with starting to exalt dragons is actually pretty funny. I knew it was something you do when you no longer want a dragon in your lair when they just won't sell, so I exalted level 1's like crazy, and wondered for a bit why people said this was a good way to make money. Then I went into the Coli to train up 2 dragons to level 25, using one fodder dragon as a shield to take hits, and when I exalted them and got a lot more treasure, I put two and two together. I kept raising the fodder dragon to level 10 while training two dragons I would keep to level 25, before I would quit the fight and get a new dragon to level with them.

In conclusion: Yeet those Moths to Flamecaller
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
I think that if a player does not want their dragon exalted at all should not sell dragons, but especially at fodder price. There are players that will buy dragons for millions of treasure, hundreds of gems, and then exalt them - so I don't think any dragon for sale is safe. I personally prefer to maximize my profits so I never buy above my exalt payout but other players are pushing for dom and have money to burn.

I think it's a huge waste of gems, especially if it was done on purpose, but I also don't care what others do. My own standards are just for me! I've exalted dragons I spent a lot on because they no longer vibed with my lair, but I'd never drop gems on something just to exalt personally.

I am an exalting lair. I tend to breed my own fodder to avoid harassment but if I need more treasure I will buy dragons.

(If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?

A bit of column A and B here. I train two fodder at a time until I run out of dragons, then exalt them all.

I don't participate in giveaways but I'm big on accepting site rules. Once a dragon changes hands you don't have a say in what happens to it anymore. I think a person exclusively getting their exalt fodder from giveaways is acting in pretty bad faith, but I don't think someone weeks, months, or years down the line exalting a dragon they got for free has done anything wrong. People who give away dragons can politely request they be returned if no longer wanted, but it's 100% not cool to harass other players for exalting them anyway because it's not against the TOS to do so.

How did you start off exalting in your earliest days of doing it?

Leveling my own coli team was too much of a pain, so I bought a level 25 and got started! The moment I found out breeding dragons was a way to basically print money I started Coli grinding, lol.
I think that if a player does not want their dragon exalted at all should not sell dragons, but especially at fodder price. There are players that will buy dragons for millions of treasure, hundreds of gems, and then exalt them - so I don't think any dragon for sale is safe. I personally prefer to maximize my profits so I never buy above my exalt payout but other players are pushing for dom and have money to burn.

I think it's a huge waste of gems, especially if it was done on purpose, but I also don't care what others do. My own standards are just for me! I've exalted dragons I spent a lot on because they no longer vibed with my lair, but I'd never drop gems on something just to exalt personally.

I am an exalting lair. I tend to breed my own fodder to avoid harassment but if I need more treasure I will buy dragons.

(If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?

A bit of column A and B here. I train two fodder at a time until I run out of dragons, then exalt them all.

I don't participate in giveaways but I'm big on accepting site rules. Once a dragon changes hands you don't have a say in what happens to it anymore. I think a person exclusively getting their exalt fodder from giveaways is acting in pretty bad faith, but I don't think someone weeks, months, or years down the line exalting a dragon they got for free has done anything wrong. People who give away dragons can politely request they be returned if no longer wanted, but it's 100% not cool to harass other players for exalting them anyway because it's not against the TOS to do so.

Leveling my own coli team was too much of a pain, so I bought a level 25 and got started! The moment I found out breeding dragons was a way to basically print money I started Coli grinding, lol.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you? If it's at LAH then that's not my problem. There usually is a gap with how long it takes me to level a full tab of fodder

What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)?. That's a terrible profit margin but you do you I guess

Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely? It's how I make most of my money

(If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs? I level the entire fodder tab then exalt them in one go unless there is a bonus for something specific that day

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?. If I got something from a giveaway I'm not going to exalt it on purpose

How did you start off exalting in your earliest days of doing it? Borrowed a really weirdly statted 25 and went into the mire
What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you? If it's at LAH then that's not my problem. There usually is a gap with how long it takes me to level a full tab of fodder

What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)?. That's a terrible profit margin but you do you I guess

Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely? It's how I make most of my money

(If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs? I level the entire fodder tab then exalt them in one go unless there is a bonus for something specific that day

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?. If I got something from a giveaway I'm not going to exalt it on purpose

How did you start off exalting in your earliest days of doing it? Borrowed a really weirdly statted 25 and went into the mire
I don't buy fodder, I breed my own, so if I end up exalting any dragon I bought the original owner will have had plenty of time to message me. When someone buys one of my dragons and exalts it, it doesn't bother me at all. I hardly ever check up on my fodder pairs' kids anyway.

I think that once you buy a dragon, it's yours, and you can do what you wish with it. Doesn't matter if it's "special" in any way; funky ID, rare eyes, gen1, etc., if the original owner didn't want the dragon to get exalted they shouldn't have sold it.

I sometimes exalt dragons, but usually sell my fodder on the AH. I find it less tedious, cause you don't necessarily have to level the dragons.

I don't participate in giveaways very often. The only dragon I got from one is actually my primary fodder trainer, funnily enough. That being said, it depends on the giveaway's rules - if the original owner requests the dragon to be returned before exaltation, I will, but if nothing's said, I'll decide.

I trained three dragons to lvl 25 myself; couldn't afford to buy one at the time. I got the stones from the AH and Pinkerton. They were all mire flyers, I'd just use the most statted one alongside two fodder dragons. I eventually sold one of them but I still have the other two.
I don't buy fodder, I breed my own, so if I end up exalting any dragon I bought the original owner will have had plenty of time to message me. When someone buys one of my dragons and exalts it, it doesn't bother me at all. I hardly ever check up on my fodder pairs' kids anyway.

I think that once you buy a dragon, it's yours, and you can do what you wish with it. Doesn't matter if it's "special" in any way; funky ID, rare eyes, gen1, etc., if the original owner didn't want the dragon to get exalted they shouldn't have sold it.

I sometimes exalt dragons, but usually sell my fodder on the AH. I find it less tedious, cause you don't necessarily have to level the dragons.

I don't participate in giveaways very often. The only dragon I got from one is actually my primary fodder trainer, funnily enough. That being said, it depends on the giveaway's rules - if the original owner requests the dragon to be returned before exaltation, I will, but if nothing's said, I'll decide.

I trained three dragons to lvl 25 myself; couldn't afford to buy one at the time. I got the stones from the AH and Pinkerton. They were all mire flyers, I'd just use the most statted one alongside two fodder dragons. I eventually sold one of them but I still have the other two.
23859.png « he/him
« FRT + 9
September revive!
September revive!
?fyhd6=platform.png?fh6ZM=platform.png?fJcl3=platform.png
The only thing around exaltation that upsets me is when folk make demands of what other people do. I think it's really vital for the site and community that folk accept that a dragon in someone else's lair is none of their business.

...as a result I never, ever check up on any of my kiddos. Once they're gone they're gone. :)
The only thing around exaltation that upsets me is when folk make demands of what other people do. I think it's really vital for the site and community that folk accept that a dragon in someone else's lair is none of their business.

...as a result I never, ever check up on any of my kiddos. Once they're gone they're gone. :)

Not too bad, you still have a time gap to rethink exaltation.

Selling is better, but i get it if you wanna exalt.

I exalt (if i HAVE to)

Neither.

Don't. Just don't.

Cant really recall.

Not too bad, you still have a time gap to rethink exaltation.

Selling is better, but i get it if you wanna exalt.

I exalt (if i HAVE to)

Neither.

Don't. Just don't.

Cant really recall.
Jd88XNq.pngread before friending, blocking, reporting etc. Please! (Hopefully not the last one tho :)
BjMvLeY.png(non-fodder) dergs from u are safe with me!
feXtM27.pngarcane is the best. Change my mind. (clan lore)
7c8ZUEs.png lore, art and more!
wishlist
[quote]What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?[/quote] I usually don’t do this, and fodder can sit in my lair for up to a couple months before being trained and exalted, but sometimes (especially during dom battles) I’ll get on a roll and buy a batch of fodder to immediately train and exalt. i’ve never had a problem with people messaging me when i do it, so I don’t really see an issue with it. I don’t immediately exalt potential misprices though, i let those sit around. [quote]What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)?[/quote] My dragon, i can do what i like with it. I keep lots of weird fodder and toss a lot of non-fodder once i lose an attachment. it’s just the natural process of my lair. I don’t sell dragons that i don’t want exalted, or i sell them in forums with the understanding that i’d prefer them to remain active. [quote]Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?[/quote] I’m an exalt lair [quote](If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?[/quote] i tend to mass exalt, but it kinda depends on your definition? I usually exalt in batches of 6-10 and rarely go above or below that. [quote]How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?[/quote] Sometimes i will try to give them away to a newbie if i’ve fallen out of love, but usually it’s been at least a year, and i feel they’ve had a good run and can be exalted. I don’t cr back, typically speaking. I just pass them on. [quote]How did you start off exalting in your earliest days of doing it?[/quote] with my pfp dragon! she’s my first fodder rescue, whom i trained by hand (sans flyer) to lv 25 with another dragon in my lair and she was my main mire flyer for quite some time and has since been converted to the mire millionaire build! She’s still the only dragon i consistently take to coli.
Quote:
I usually don’t do this, and fodder can sit in my lair for up to a couple months before being trained and exalted, but sometimes (especially during dom battles) I’ll get on a roll and buy a batch of fodder to immediately train and exalt. i’ve never had a problem with people messaging me when i do it, so I don’t really see an issue with it. I don’t immediately exalt potential misprices though, i let those sit around.
Quote:
My dragon, i can do what i like with it. I keep lots of weird fodder and toss a lot of non-fodder once i lose an attachment. it’s just the natural process of my lair. I don’t sell dragons that i don’t want exalted, or i sell them in forums with the understanding that i’d prefer them to remain active.
Quote:

I’m an exalt lair
Quote:

i tend to mass exalt, but it kinda depends on your definition? I usually exalt in batches of 6-10 and rarely go above or below that.
Quote:

Sometimes i will try to give them away to a newbie if i’ve fallen out of love, but usually it’s been at least a year, and i feel they’ve had a good run and can be exalted. I don’t cr back, typically speaking. I just pass them on.
Quote:

with my pfp dragon! she’s my first fodder rescue, whom i trained by hand (sans flyer) to lv 25 with another dragon in my lair and she was my main mire flyer for quite some time and has since been converted to the mire millionaire build! She’s still the only dragon i consistently take to coli.
Art shop.

Free Genes.
I both breed and buy my own fodders (mainly as hatchlings). Owners have plenty of time to message me to buy their fodder back; however, I am a pretty selfish person and if they request to buy their dragon back, they’ll have to pay over or about 100g/kt. No exceptions. I bought the dragon meaning it belongs to me, and I can do whatever I want with it.

I hardly care. I don’t usually buy higher priced dragons for exaltation. But let’s say I bought a 100g dragon accidentally, I feel it would be too rude to ask the original owner to buy it back so instead I try to resell for the same price. It’ll sell again anyways even if it takes year.

I have no “like” or “dislike” for exalting, I just do it for profit.

I usually save up a batch of fodders for public buys/raffles, but I only level during pushes because I store hatchling fodders in my den. I also just train and exalt in pairs when I need some quick cash.

I wait a bit, and then I decide to exalt them or not. If I decide not to exalt them, I’ll probably level them to 25 and then sell them.

I think I started with just getting into what the meaning of “fodder” meant, and then I tried it and then etc.
I both breed and buy my own fodders (mainly as hatchlings). Owners have plenty of time to message me to buy their fodder back; however, I am a pretty selfish person and if they request to buy their dragon back, they’ll have to pay over or about 100g/kt. No exceptions. I bought the dragon meaning it belongs to me, and I can do whatever I want with it.

I hardly care. I don’t usually buy higher priced dragons for exaltation. But let’s say I bought a 100g dragon accidentally, I feel it would be too rude to ask the original owner to buy it back so instead I try to resell for the same price. It’ll sell again anyways even if it takes year.

I have no “like” or “dislike” for exalting, I just do it for profit.

I usually save up a batch of fodders for public buys/raffles, but I only level during pushes because I store hatchling fodders in my den. I also just train and exalt in pairs when I need some quick cash.

I wait a bit, and then I decide to exalt them or not. If I decide not to exalt them, I’ll probably level them to 25 and then sell them.

I think I started with just getting into what the meaning of “fodder” meant, and then I tried it and then etc.
oW2kpkm.gifYT4M6KH.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifJustAnotherFan
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.giffr + 3/est
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifimperial + wildclaw enthusiast

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifcredit
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifwishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifSelling Level 25 Dragons
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20