Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exalting Etiquette, No Judgement
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
I can't exalt dragons that weren't born in my clan (and I have a hesitancy to exalt dragons I've had for a while in the first place).
I can't exalt dragons that weren't born in my clan (and I have a hesitancy to exalt dragons I've had for a while in the first place).
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
As a new player I like the idea that you can add value to dragons that might not sell well. I like the idea that those dragons I send out are going to be heroes in the story. I dislike the term fodder because it makes it seem like they're worthless. I get that that's the community language and I'm not asking anyone to change that but I named my own fodder tab "Epic Heroes" to honor their sacrifice.
As a new player I like the idea that you can add value to dragons that might not sell well. I like the idea that those dragons I send out are going to be heroes in the story. I dislike the term fodder because it makes it seem like they're worthless. I get that that's the community language and I'm not asking anyone to change that but I named my own fodder tab "Epic Heroes" to honor their sacrifice.
Exalting is my main source of treasure after G&G, and I'm also fairly active during dom pushes when I can. Otherwise I keep trained dragons in my den and take them out to exalt on bonus days. That extra treasure adds up.

Don't take dragons form giveaways with the sole intention to get free dragons for exalting, that's rude. otherwise, everything is fair game. It's a game mechanic and has been from the beginning, so I honestly don't see the need for all those qualifiers, and I don't care for messages about it either. If I don't want a dragon in my lair anymore, I'll exalt it.
Exalting is my main source of treasure after G&G, and I'm also fairly active during dom pushes when I can. Otherwise I keep trained dragons in my den and take them out to exalt on bonus days. That extra treasure adds up.

Don't take dragons form giveaways with the sole intention to get free dragons for exalting, that's rude. otherwise, everything is fair game. It's a game mechanic and has been from the beginning, so I honestly don't see the need for all those qualifiers, and I don't care for messages about it either. If I don't want a dragon in my lair anymore, I'll exalt it.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
I'm a non-exalt lair who often sells dergs at fodder price!

What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?

I wouldn't message anyways, so it's cool. I guess if I sell a derg at a more expensive price (20g+) then I'd probably be a little annoyed, 'cause I probably meant for that derg to not be exalted...but I'd get over it fast. I know the risks of posting on the AH.

What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)?

Depends. I don't mind, I guess? If something doesn't work then that's whatever. If it's from the AH then I'll probably just go "shoot, I was hoping that dragon wouldn't be exalted" but it's not a big deal haha

Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?

No exalting! My lore is about how my lair is for dergs who don't want to be exalted...so. Nope. This might change in the future, but right now it's a solid no.

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?

Well...if the bio doesn't say anything, I don't care. If it's from an exalt rescue then I might side-eye a little bit, but. As long as you didn't get them for the purpose of exalting, then whatever.
I'm a non-exalt lair who often sells dergs at fodder price!

What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?

I wouldn't message anyways, so it's cool. I guess if I sell a derg at a more expensive price (20g+) then I'd probably be a little annoyed, 'cause I probably meant for that derg to not be exalted...but I'd get over it fast. I know the risks of posting on the AH.

What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)?

Depends. I don't mind, I guess? If something doesn't work then that's whatever. If it's from the AH then I'll probably just go "shoot, I was hoping that dragon wouldn't be exalted" but it's not a big deal haha

No exalting! My lore is about how my lair is for dergs who don't want to be exalted...so. Nope. This might change in the future, but right now it's a solid no.

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?

Well...if the bio doesn't say anything, I don't care. If it's from an exalt rescue then I might side-eye a little bit, but. As long as you didn't get them for the purpose of exalting, then whatever.
my only income source is bonding w/ familiars 👍 i have no idea what ill do after i finish w/ that

pfp dragon!
im collecting familiars :)

89 days to bond with a familiar. feels like more

wishlist!
Definitely an exalting lair here. Pretty much anyone and everyone is up for exalting aside from a few beloved favorites who will be here forever. And I keep an eye on the fodder floor and occasionally sell adults ready to train that I don't feel like training myself.

My exalting preferences: it would be nice if all my offspring had names, even if there are five in a row named Yeet or whatever. But once the dragon is out of my lair, it's not my decision anymore. For this reason, I usually name fodder adults before they get listed.

I genuinely don't understand how some of you train two dragons at a time. I have two level 25 dragons who train up a newbie third, usually to level 7. I feel like if I tried that with two fodders and just one level 25, I would be driven mad by how often I'd need to refresh the coli due to a dead trainer dragon. Please tell me your secrets. I would love for fodder training to go faster than this.
Definitely an exalting lair here. Pretty much anyone and everyone is up for exalting aside from a few beloved favorites who will be here forever. And I keep an eye on the fodder floor and occasionally sell adults ready to train that I don't feel like training myself.

My exalting preferences: it would be nice if all my offspring had names, even if there are five in a row named Yeet or whatever. But once the dragon is out of my lair, it's not my decision anymore. For this reason, I usually name fodder adults before they get listed.

I genuinely don't understand how some of you train two dragons at a time. I have two level 25 dragons who train up a newbie third, usually to level 7. I feel like if I tried that with two fodders and just one level 25, I would be driven mad by how often I'd need to refresh the coli due to a dead trainer dragon. Please tell me your secrets. I would love for fodder training to go faster than this.

if someone sold their dragon at fodder price, they should be 100% ready to accept that their dragon may be exalted within minutes of it being bought. fodder price is fodder price

it's understandable why people may be upset at this one, since it wasn't fodder price so they may not have been expecting it, although ofc there's still nothing to be done about it really.

I have extremely little patience for the coli, so I exalt extremely sparingly. the most I've ever trained and exalted dragons was last notn for the chests, but even then I basically barely did anything compared to most people!

it doesn't help that at this point I compare every way of earning money to the fairgrounds, where I can earn 75kt in under 10 minutes, so every other grinding method kind of falls flat in the face of that...

Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?

I train in batches of like 3-5, but that's probably mostly because that's the amount of lair space I usually have

I've never run into this, but I mean, if the post requests it, I think it would be extremely rude not to, whether or not it's technically your right to do whatever you want.
personally this has only happened once to me (and the raffle owner didn't ask for it to be sent back), but they asked for it not to be exalted so I just sold the dragon above fodder price and it ended up a perma in someone else's clan!

if someone sold their dragon at fodder price, they should be 100% ready to accept that their dragon may be exalted within minutes of it being bought. fodder price is fodder price

it's understandable why people may be upset at this one, since it wasn't fodder price so they may not have been expecting it, although ofc there's still nothing to be done about it really.

I have extremely little patience for the coli, so I exalt extremely sparingly. the most I've ever trained and exalted dragons was last notn for the chests, but even then I basically barely did anything compared to most people!

it doesn't help that at this point I compare every way of earning money to the fairgrounds, where I can earn 75kt in under 10 minutes, so every other grinding method kind of falls flat in the face of that...

Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?

I train in batches of like 3-5, but that's probably mostly because that's the amount of lair space I usually have

I've never run into this, but I mean, if the post requests it, I think it would be extremely rude not to, whether or not it's technically your right to do whatever you want.
personally this has only happened once to me (and the raffle owner didn't ask for it to be sent back), but they asked for it not to be exalted so I just sold the dragon above fodder price and it ended up a perma in someone else's clan!
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
I'm an exalting lair!

I don't think there's anything wrong etiquette-wise with buying & exalting immediately. But in practice I never do this because my exalts (that aren't my own hatchlings) tend to fall into one of two categories:

- Cheap hatchlings (preferably under 6kt) that get stuffed in hibden until they're grown up and I feel like earning some cash

- RTB adults (not more than 20g) to breed with my keeper dragons who are RTB but don't have a permanent mate. Canonically they're one-night stands or short-term relationships that don't work out long term. They get names/outfits/skins based on what I have on hand, and get exalted after the hatchlings are born. I do this for the fun of getting fresh faces in my lair without the stress of acquiring a New Permanent Dragon.

I don't think there's anything rude about this? (the responses in this thread are reassuring me haha)

About exalting dragons from giveaways: If a dragon I gave away was insta-exalted and I felt it was in bad faith (i.e. they just wanted free exalt cash) then I would feel bad. But if they get exalted sometime down the line, eh, things happen. Maybe they decided they just didn't vibe with my dragon, or they genuinely like them but didn't have space, or they got a different dragon that was similar but cuter. I don't think it's rude to exalt in that scenario.
I'm an exalting lair!

I don't think there's anything wrong etiquette-wise with buying & exalting immediately. But in practice I never do this because my exalts (that aren't my own hatchlings) tend to fall into one of two categories:

- Cheap hatchlings (preferably under 6kt) that get stuffed in hibden until they're grown up and I feel like earning some cash

- RTB adults (not more than 20g) to breed with my keeper dragons who are RTB but don't have a permanent mate. Canonically they're one-night stands or short-term relationships that don't work out long term. They get names/outfits/skins based on what I have on hand, and get exalted after the hatchlings are born. I do this for the fun of getting fresh faces in my lair without the stress of acquiring a New Permanent Dragon.

I don't think there's anything rude about this? (the responses in this thread are reassuring me haha)

About exalting dragons from giveaways: If a dragon I gave away was insta-exalted and I felt it was in bad faith (i.e. they just wanted free exalt cash) then I would feel bad. But if they get exalted sometime down the line, eh, things happen. Maybe they decided they just didn't vibe with my dragon, or they genuinely like them but didn't have space, or they got a different dragon that was similar but cuter. I don't think it's rude to exalt in that scenario.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
i love training/exalting and i'll exalt just about anything, regardless of where it came from or how much i paid for it originally. the only thing i'm kinda iffy about exalting are 5+ year old dragons, so i try to sell them on the ah, but if they never sell after a month or two then clearly they aren't wanted so i'll just go ahead and exalt them. i've exalted dragons i've spent real life money on before (i.e. $20 for gems for a coatl breed change for them) so literally everything goes with me lmao.

i'm of the firm belief that once a dragon leaves your lair, they no longer belong to you and you don't have any right to decide what happens to that dragon. if you don't want it to go away why did you sell it in the first place?
i love training/exalting and i'll exalt just about anything, regardless of where it came from or how much i paid for it originally. the only thing i'm kinda iffy about exalting are 5+ year old dragons, so i try to sell them on the ah, but if they never sell after a month or two then clearly they aren't wanted so i'll just go ahead and exalt them. i've exalted dragons i've spent real life money on before (i.e. $20 for gems for a coatl breed change for them) so literally everything goes with me lmao.

i'm of the firm belief that once a dragon leaves your lair, they no longer belong to you and you don't have any right to decide what happens to that dragon. if you don't want it to go away why did you sell it in the first place?
a1a7b2494a0a4e37bcd248d9541a2df6001a20dd.png
[quote name="LunaticPandora" date="2022-08-08 08:54:13" ] I genuinely don't understand how some of you train two dragons at a time. I have two level 25 dragons who train up a newbie third, usually to level 7. I feel like if I tried that with two fodders and just one level 25, I would be driven mad by how often I'd need to refresh the coli due to a dead trainer dragon. Please tell me your secrets. I would love for fodder training to go faster than this. [/quote] I couldn't get the hang of it at first so I practised in Boreal Wood. I use Haste as well as Rally to build up breath faster and use Sap and/or potions to heal. Once I had the rhythm of it I moved up to the Mire and now nothing can stop me. @LunaticPandora the vital thing is always use a 2-mob or a pack of mages to start off with. That's often the only time I have to restart. Also stats are vital. I recently rejigged Iris to 120str/70quk and that really gave her an edge.
LunaticPandora wrote on 2022-08-08 08:54:13:

I couldn't get the hang of it at first so I practised in Boreal Wood. I use Haste as well as Rally to build up breath faster and use Sap and/or potions to heal. Once I had the rhythm of it I moved up to the Mire and now nothing can stop me.

@LunaticPandora the vital thing is always use a 2-mob or a pack of mages to start off with. That's often the only time I have to restart. Also stats are vital. I recently rejigged Iris to 120str/70quk and that really gave her an edge.
Well generally I view any dragons priced 7,000t> as intentional fodder so I don't worry much about a user contacting me worrying about their dragon being exalted, in fact that has never happened. But I do make sure to put my exalt dragons in a dedicated exalting page till I can train them just in case someone wants to know my intentions. I only buy babies so this gives the owner 5 days to contact me. if someone were to ask me to give back the dragon, I'd happily oblige as long as I get a full refund or a replacement dragon. In fact I encourage people to buy my fodder, I am quite happy knowing a dragon will be loved and cherished.

I would never buy a dragon higher than 7,000t with the intention to exalt. But if I finish a breeding project with dragons I spent a lot on and I don't have anyone who wants to adopt the retired breeders, I exalt them.

I exalt quite frequently. It's my main source of income.

(If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?
I train two with a flier, but I save them up in teams of 10 before I exalt. It's annoying having to take two at a time out of the hibden.

I don't really participate in giveaways, but if I got a dragon from a giveaway and I didn't need it anymore, I'm more likely to sell it or give it away for free than exalt it. but I have no problem with people who do.

How did you start off exalting in your earliest days of doing it?
gosh that was so long ago now; I think what happened was I trained up a team to 25 one time when I was bored and researching what to do with that team I learned about exalt training dragons. I didn't know you got money for exalting, and I didn't know you got so MUCH cash for exalting trained dragons. So I started hatching exalt clutches and training them with my 25s in the Kelp beds. Then I leaned about Mire flyers and turned one of my 25s into one and started dual training. I've been doing it refined for a little over a year now, but I was very messily exalting untrained hatchlings for 3.
Well generally I view any dragons priced 7,000t> as intentional fodder so I don't worry much about a user contacting me worrying about their dragon being exalted, in fact that has never happened. But I do make sure to put my exalt dragons in a dedicated exalting page till I can train them just in case someone wants to know my intentions. I only buy babies so this gives the owner 5 days to contact me. if someone were to ask me to give back the dragon, I'd happily oblige as long as I get a full refund or a replacement dragon. In fact I encourage people to buy my fodder, I am quite happy knowing a dragon will be loved and cherished.

I would never buy a dragon higher than 7,000t with the intention to exalt. But if I finish a breeding project with dragons I spent a lot on and I don't have anyone who wants to adopt the retired breeders, I exalt them.

I exalt quite frequently. It's my main source of income.

(If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?
I train two with a flier, but I save them up in teams of 10 before I exalt. It's annoying having to take two at a time out of the hibden.

I don't really participate in giveaways, but if I got a dragon from a giveaway and I didn't need it anymore, I'm more likely to sell it or give it away for free than exalt it. but I have no problem with people who do.

How did you start off exalting in your earliest days of doing it?
gosh that was so long ago now; I think what happened was I trained up a team to 25 one time when I was bored and researching what to do with that team I learned about exalt training dragons. I didn't know you got money for exalting, and I didn't know you got so MUCH cash for exalting trained dragons. So I started hatching exalt clutches and training them with my 25s in the Kelp beds. Then I leaned about Mire flyers and turned one of my 25s into one and started dual training. I've been doing it refined for a little over a year now, but I was very messily exalting untrained hatchlings for 3.
Wishlist
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20