Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exalting Etiquette, No Judgement
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
[quote]What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?[/quote] if you sell a dragon at LAH, i feel like it's expected for that dragon to be exalted. whoever bought it has the rights to that dragon now and its theirs to do what they want with. i only get upset when i sell an expensive dragon and it gets exalted immediately, but there's no point messaging the buyer at that point [quote]What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)?[/quote] i do it all the time, babey. i don't buy and train fodder or exalt a high amount of dragons, i just buy breeding project parents off the AH and exalt them once they've served their purpose [quote]Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?[/quote] i usually don't have energy for the coliseum, so i don't exalt often [quote](If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?[/quote] i usually train two or three dragons to exalt at a time. i don't think i've ever done more than five in a batch [quote]How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?[/quote] depends. if there's a note in the bio or there was something conditional in the giveaway post, i'd comply with that or try to rehome the dragon in the "exalt row" forums. if those don't work out, then i'll exalt [quote]How did you start off exalting in your earliest days of doing it?[/quote] breeding projects. i do a lot of them, so i have a lot of extra babies. rather than taking the time to list them all on the tc, i thought i'd train my own fodder
Quote:
What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?
if you sell a dragon at LAH, i feel like it's expected for that dragon to be exalted. whoever bought it has the rights to that dragon now and its theirs to do what they want with. i only get upset when i sell an expensive dragon and it gets exalted immediately, but there's no point messaging the buyer at that point

Quote:
What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)?
i do it all the time, babey. i don't buy and train fodder or exalt a high amount of dragons, i just buy breeding project parents off the AH and exalt them once they've served their purpose

Quote:
Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?
i usually don't have energy for the coliseum, so i don't exalt often

Quote:
(If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?
i usually train two or three dragons to exalt at a time. i don't think i've ever done more than five in a batch

Quote:
How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?
depends. if there's a note in the bio or there was something conditional in the giveaway post, i'd comply with that or try to rehome the dragon in the "exalt row" forums. if those don't work out, then i'll exalt

Quote:
How did you start off exalting in your earliest days of doing it?
breeding projects. i do a lot of them, so i have a lot of extra babies. rather than taking the time to list them all on the tc, i thought i'd train my own fodder
ooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Sailor
she/he - adult
willing to liquidate vault for shale/shadow/antique g1
o milkchai-cacat.png
What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?
I do check that the fodder I purchase doesn't have any indication that it was misposted, or that someone meant to sell the dragon for gems instead of treasure. I don't think that there's anything with training up dragons and exalting them quickly- I do it myself, and have messaged the seller in cases when I was unsure if the dragon was meant to be sold as fodder.

What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt (faulty project dragon, bought and bloodline doesn't work out, etc)?
I think that it's fine. Some dragons lose their appeal over time, and I've exalted many dragons which I enjoyed as part of my lair for several weeks or months, but ended up not wanting to keep. I would never expect anyone who owns one of my dragons to keep it forever- even if they've shown previous interest in it.

I like to exalt, both from a practical perspective and a storyline perspective. I'm working on developing my lore, but my lair constitutes a sleepy little village by the sea. It's not the most exciting place for a young Plague dragon to prove themselves, and so it makes sense that many would leave for more exciting times, directly serving the Plaguebringer. Dragons to be exalted also are important to the smooth functioning of the clan- some help out as trainee warriors and mages for a while, and others serve as helpers to jobs that need more people than a single permadragon.

(If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?
I usually train dragons as soon as I buy them or, in the case of fodder I've bred, as soon as they're no longer hatchlings. The past few weeks have been an exception to the rule, because I've been saving up fodder for one of my flight's dom pushes, but I usually lack the patience (and space) to wait before training and exalting.

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?
I have a couple of dragons in my lair that I have received for free or reduced prices, especially as a new player. I would message their previous owners to see if they're okay with me selling them, and subsequently give them away rather than exalting them. I have no problem with people exalting dragons that they've obtained from me, but would feel odd exalting giveaway dragons personally.

I started exalting with the first nest I hatched, and have continued since.
I do check that the fodder I purchase doesn't have any indication that it was misposted, or that someone meant to sell the dragon for gems instead of treasure. I don't think that there's anything with training up dragons and exalting them quickly- I do it myself, and have messaged the seller in cases when I was unsure if the dragon was meant to be sold as fodder.

I think that it's fine. Some dragons lose their appeal over time, and I've exalted many dragons which I enjoyed as part of my lair for several weeks or months, but ended up not wanting to keep. I would never expect anyone who owns one of my dragons to keep it forever- even if they've shown previous interest in it.

I like to exalt, both from a practical perspective and a storyline perspective. I'm working on developing my lore, but my lair constitutes a sleepy little village by the sea. It's not the most exciting place for a young Plague dragon to prove themselves, and so it makes sense that many would leave for more exciting times, directly serving the Plaguebringer. Dragons to be exalted also are important to the smooth functioning of the clan- some help out as trainee warriors and mages for a while, and others serve as helpers to jobs that need more people than a single permadragon.

I usually train dragons as soon as I buy them or, in the case of fodder I've bred, as soon as they're no longer hatchlings. The past few weeks have been an exception to the rule, because I've been saving up fodder for one of my flight's dom pushes, but I usually lack the patience (and space) to wait before training and exalting.

I have a couple of dragons in my lair that I have received for free or reduced prices, especially as a new player. I would message their previous owners to see if they're okay with me selling them, and subsequently give them away rather than exalting them. I have no problem with people exalting dragons that they've obtained from me, but would feel odd exalting giveaway dragons personally.

I started exalting with the first nest I hatched, and have continued since.
DC3-D8-F65-FC03-47-C6-83-A5-A2419-F240-A5-F.png h e l l o !

- i'm archaeon
- just returned to FR
CC19-EF2-A-C4-C3-4-E38-9683-7-D2-C3-A6494-D0.png .

- he/him or they/them.
- hoards random dragons with little apparent value
46-B7589-F-497-A-4-E36-9-BE9-A2325-C324553.png
RISES FROM THE DEPTHS OF INACTIVITY TO REVIVE THE POST

I NEED MORE OPINIONS TO READ
MORE

:grab:
RISES FROM THE DEPTHS OF INACTIVITY TO REVIVE THE POST

I NEED MORE OPINIONS TO READ
MORE

:grab:
?fyhd6=platform.png?fh6ZM=platform.png?fJcl3=platform.png
-I'm a casual exalter and usually breed my own fodder or trade for fodder. I (try to) breed pretty fodder that doubles as sales when I'm not exalting.

1. I don't think about it, I only buy fodder when I'm in the mood to train and exalt and don't have any more adults(or there's a push I get into) either way they'll probably be exalted as soon as they're trained.

2. If I can't resell them then I just accept the loss and train and exalt them as usual.

3. I like exalting, I find it enjoyable and rewarding!

4. I usually exalt as soon as they're trained bc I'm impatient and want the exalt serotonin

5. I never claim dragons I don't want, but if I fall out of love, it would be very much on a case by case basis, I'd probably try to find a new home for them depending, but would exalt them if I need space. (I never remember who I got them from, so unless there's a note in the dragons bio, I probably wouldn't be able to send it back)

6. Last year, I switched to earth and got into dom and exalting, I can't really say a particular reason why I started, I just enjoyed it so I continued. I still do 2 trainers with one exaltee, I just find a 2-fodder flyer frustrating and I don't play games to get annoyed and angry lol.

-I'm a casual exalter and usually breed my own fodder or trade for fodder. I (try to) breed pretty fodder that doubles as sales when I'm not exalting.

1. I don't think about it, I only buy fodder when I'm in the mood to train and exalt and don't have any more adults(or there's a push I get into) either way they'll probably be exalted as soon as they're trained.

2. If I can't resell them then I just accept the loss and train and exalt them as usual.

3. I like exalting, I find it enjoyable and rewarding!

4. I usually exalt as soon as they're trained bc I'm impatient and want the exalt serotonin

5. I never claim dragons I don't want, but if I fall out of love, it would be very much on a case by case basis, I'd probably try to find a new home for them depending, but would exalt them if I need space. (I never remember who I got them from, so unless there's a note in the dragons bio, I probably wouldn't be able to send it back)

6. Last year, I switched to earth and got into dom and exalting, I can't really say a particular reason why I started, I just enjoyed it so I continued. I still do 2 trainers with one exaltee, I just find a 2-fodder flyer frustrating and I don't play games to get annoyed and angry lol.

3EIL5RM.png SwhjRD4.pngd3XCZt0.pngWeReVnH.pngaQp8eZz.pngt6Bzul7.png
85212510.png
jeremy says hi
Once you buy a dragon of an ah it's yours to do with as you please.

If you exalt a dragon you bought for 250kt it's your right to do it.

I exalt mostly my own hatchlings but very rare I do buy cheap dragons and exalt them
Once you buy a dragon of an ah it's yours to do with as you please.

If you exalt a dragon you bought for 250kt it's your right to do it.

I exalt mostly my own hatchlings but very rare I do buy cheap dragons and exalt them
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
It depends on my lair space & motivation how much I will exalt. I can train too many to count, or I can just train 2 here, 2 there and exalt as I go.
If someone reaches out to me saying theyd like to save the dragon, I am absolutely fine with it as long as they cover what I paid for it or send me another dragon I can use as fodder. If I have already trained it, one that is trained to the same level or two untrained fodder usually does the trick.
As for higher priced fodder? I will only do this if there is a good dom fight going where I can still profit, but I will only buy if I plan to train & exalt immediately at this point to avoid losing a massive amount.
If its bank funds and they just want fodder out fast? Ill take the loss.
It depends on my lair space & motivation how much I will exalt. I can train too many to count, or I can just train 2 here, 2 there and exalt as I go.
If someone reaches out to me saying theyd like to save the dragon, I am absolutely fine with it as long as they cover what I paid for it or send me another dragon I can use as fodder. If I have already trained it, one that is trained to the same level or two untrained fodder usually does the trick.
As for higher priced fodder? I will only do this if there is a good dom fight going where I can still profit, but I will only buy if I plan to train & exalt immediately at this point to avoid losing a massive amount.
If its bank funds and they just want fodder out fast? Ill take the loss.
QFXpYkj.png
it's something i don't personally do. i always buy fodder to store it on my hibden which leaves a 5 day-2 months gap for the owner to contact me if they want the dragon back.

i guess it's fine? i've done that sometimes with breeding pairs for finished proyects. i've even paid 100kt for some of these dragons, but once i don't need them anymore they become fodder. i thought about returning them to their original owners but tbh i'm too lazy lol

i'm an exalting lair, and although i don't exalt as much as i used to i still level and exalt fodders during dom pushes. (and sometimes contribute to public buys for festival pushes)

kind of both? i don't really mass exalt but i do train in pairs and then exalt the ones i trained (usually around 8-20 because that's the amount of empty slots i have on my lair)

i never exalt dragons from giveaways or gifts. if i don't want it anymore i give it to someone else and pray for them to not exalt it.

breeding random dragons and exalting the hatchlings seconds after they were born lol
it's something i don't personally do. i always buy fodder to store it on my hibden which leaves a 5 day-2 months gap for the owner to contact me if they want the dragon back.

i guess it's fine? i've done that sometimes with breeding pairs for finished proyects. i've even paid 100kt for some of these dragons, but once i don't need them anymore they become fodder. i thought about returning them to their original owners but tbh i'm too lazy lol

i'm an exalting lair, and although i don't exalt as much as i used to i still level and exalt fodders during dom pushes. (and sometimes contribute to public buys for festival pushes)

kind of both? i don't really mass exalt but i do train in pairs and then exalt the ones i trained (usually around 8-20 because that's the amount of empty slots i have on my lair)

i never exalt dragons from giveaways or gifts. if i don't want it anymore i give it to someone else and pray for them to not exalt it.

breeding random dragons and exalting the hatchlings seconds after they were born lol
XGjmQSM.png -fake achievements collection
-In-game wishlist
-pls buy my dragons
sebEy.gif SEJJy.gif gxMny.gif
I do it frequently when I'm training fodder to exalt. I don't have the lair space to hold dragons.

It happens. I try to Assay Bloodlines for dragons that I buy for breeding projects, but I've been known to forget. As often as not, I'd rather have the lair space back rather than wait however long it'll take to try and sell the dragon back for what I paid for it.

Oh, god no. It's so boring. But I like money. When I can get the trifecta of focus, energy, and time, I can make so much money!

If I know a conquest is coming, I'll save as much of my breeding project rejects to level and send out, or during fests sometimes. Most of the time, I train and exalt as soon as the dragon I bred is an adult. Dragons I buy rarely stick around in my lair for more than an hour.

Since I'm nominally a G1 lair, I'll cycle the dragon back into a giveaway rather than exalt (or sell) it. If it's been long enough that I don't quite remember how I got the dragon, then I'll exalt or sell.

I wanted money, and this was the best way to get it.
I do it frequently when I'm training fodder to exalt. I don't have the lair space to hold dragons.

It happens. I try to Assay Bloodlines for dragons that I buy for breeding projects, but I've been known to forget. As often as not, I'd rather have the lair space back rather than wait however long it'll take to try and sell the dragon back for what I paid for it.

Oh, god no. It's so boring. But I like money. When I can get the trifecta of focus, energy, and time, I can make so much money!

If I know a conquest is coming, I'll save as much of my breeding project rejects to level and send out, or during fests sometimes. Most of the time, I train and exalt as soon as the dragon I bred is an adult. Dragons I buy rarely stick around in my lair for more than an hour.

Since I'm nominally a G1 lair, I'll cycle the dragon back into a giveaway rather than exalt (or sell) it. If it's been long enough that I don't quite remember how I got the dragon, then I'll exalt or sell.

I wanted money, and this was the best way to get it.
ZqykQT5.pngmHwnQKP.pngfgbtR64.png
I feel like if a dragon is being sold at such a low price, there's some expectation that it's likely going to get trained up and exalted. That's just what happens to cheaper dragons.

I don't do it bc I feel like it's a waste of time to try and make a profit on a dragon that expensive. I do plan on exalting my own project failures though; I have to make my money back somehow.

I do exalt- mostly my own hatches though, as it's the highest cost/profit ratio imo. I need money, and the fairgrounds gets tiring. leveling a couple dragons gets me more treasure in a day than the fairgrounds.

I save up a batch: generally it's whatever hatchlings didn't sell before they grew up. I usually train them up to lv5 or lv7, depending on how many there are and how much time I have that day.

I've only participated in a few giveaways, but I'd never exalt a dragon from one. I'm very choosy about the dragons I keep, but if I ever fell out of love with one, I'd send it back.

Needed money for apparel and I didn't know how Glimmer&Gloom worked at the time
I feel like if a dragon is being sold at such a low price, there's some expectation that it's likely going to get trained up and exalted. That's just what happens to cheaper dragons.

I don't do it bc I feel like it's a waste of time to try and make a profit on a dragon that expensive. I do plan on exalting my own project failures though; I have to make my money back somehow.

I do exalt- mostly my own hatches though, as it's the highest cost/profit ratio imo. I need money, and the fairgrounds gets tiring. leveling a couple dragons gets me more treasure in a day than the fairgrounds.

I save up a batch: generally it's whatever hatchlings didn't sell before they grew up. I usually train them up to lv5 or lv7, depending on how many there are and how much time I have that day.

I've only participated in a few giveaways, but I'd never exalt a dragon from one. I'm very choosy about the dragons I keep, but if I ever fell out of love with one, I'd send it back.

Needed money for apparel and I didn't know how Glimmer&Gloom worked at the time
xx Left.png
Tricolor/Aries
8DvaHnX.png
n4H37dx.png
hh5n4WA.png
lAvpyOQ.png
006-002.png windvs1.png 005-002.png
Links
Dragon_Sales.png
ciurGcg.png
Mf1oI42.png
3qzCkO1.png
Right.png
I think that once a dragon is in your possession after purchasing, it's no one else's business what you do with it. As stated in the ToS (if I remember correctly), another player cannot contact another asking to not exalt as it is considered harassment, and unfortunately I've had to deal with messages asking not to exalt one too many times. I usually do allow buy-backs for a flat rate, however.

As difficult as it is, players who do not want their sold dragons to be exalted must be responsible for said dragons and the easiest way to do that is by keeping them within the confines of their own lair.

With that being said, I'll expand on the original post's questions:

No one is obligated to wait for someone to contact them for a dragon that is now in their possession via purchase. If they do catch me online, great, we can work something out since I allow buybacks for a flat rate, if not...it's not really an issue that I am responsible for. If a user did not want their dragon exalted, they should not have sold at all, especially at fodder range or lower. It may sound tough, but it is what it is. It's not so hard to take certain measures to keep a dragon you love and don't want exalted.

It's up to the current owner's discretion. I've had L25s I sold exalted. It's no big deal. If I were to be sad, that's something I have to work on, too, not something I'm going to be putting on the new owner who opted for exalting, for whatever reason. It's their right.

I'm an exalt lair. I state that I am simply so other users know the grand majority of dragons I purchase from them will be exalted. Others then know that these fodder dragons are up for offers at any time as well.

I train 2 with a flyer and exalt once I'm done with my daily batch. I store as many dragons as I can in my hibernal den, and exalt 50+ every day that I can, but no more than 60 due to time constraints.

I suppose it would be somewhat rude to exalt a gifted dragon. If requested, I'd happily CR back to the original gifter. It's still up to the current dragon owner's discretion.

I can't even remember. I trained an L25 team from scratch using Culex's guide made up of the ugliest dragons ever (I think they were all I could afford). A purple ridgeback, a white guardian with gembond and a mirror who ended up exalted. After I got them to their appropriate level + statted & stoned I started exalting occasionally after hearing it was a good, consistent source of income on the site.
I think that once a dragon is in your possession after purchasing, it's no one else's business what you do with it. As stated in the ToS (if I remember correctly), another player cannot contact another asking to not exalt as it is considered harassment, and unfortunately I've had to deal with messages asking not to exalt one too many times. I usually do allow buy-backs for a flat rate, however.

As difficult as it is, players who do not want their sold dragons to be exalted must be responsible for said dragons and the easiest way to do that is by keeping them within the confines of their own lair.

With that being said, I'll expand on the original post's questions:

No one is obligated to wait for someone to contact them for a dragon that is now in their possession via purchase. If they do catch me online, great, we can work something out since I allow buybacks for a flat rate, if not...it's not really an issue that I am responsible for. If a user did not want their dragon exalted, they should not have sold at all, especially at fodder range or lower. It may sound tough, but it is what it is. It's not so hard to take certain measures to keep a dragon you love and don't want exalted.

It's up to the current owner's discretion. I've had L25s I sold exalted. It's no big deal. If I were to be sad, that's something I have to work on, too, not something I'm going to be putting on the new owner who opted for exalting, for whatever reason. It's their right.

I'm an exalt lair. I state that I am simply so other users know the grand majority of dragons I purchase from them will be exalted. Others then know that these fodder dragons are up for offers at any time as well.

I train 2 with a flyer and exalt once I'm done with my daily batch. I store as many dragons as I can in my hibernal den, and exalt 50+ every day that I can, but no more than 60 due to time constraints.

I suppose it would be somewhat rude to exalt a gifted dragon. If requested, I'd happily CR back to the original gifter. It's still up to the current dragon owner's discretion.

I can't even remember. I trained an L25 team from scratch using Culex's guide made up of the ugliest dragons ever (I think they were all I could afford). A purple ridgeback, a white guardian with gembond and a mirror who ended up exalted. After I got them to their appropriate level + statted & stoned I started exalting occasionally after hearing it was a good, consistent source of income on the site.
wlLXM.gif
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20