Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I’m sick of lameforgers
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Contextually, I'd like to think most people can look at "lameforgers" and realize it's a typo. Typos are great and I like to think it's an evidence of real people being behind things. Very funny. Nobody's making fun of Fire Flight. We're really making fun of Undel when you think about it...
Contextually, I'd like to think most people can look at "lameforgers" and realize it's a typo. Typos are great and I like to think it's an evidence of real people being behind things. Very funny. Nobody's making fun of Fire Flight. We're really making fun of Undel when you think about it...
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Lemme just edit this for easier reading bc it's a block of text I certainly don't want to beat you when you're down and your feelings are valid, but try thinking about why you feel that way. Try analysing it a bit and pinpointing why "lameforger's" makes you feel bad. Is it in your head actual ill intent or ignorance, is it a lighthearted joke, is it a reference, and what does all of that mean to you. For example, I get seriously worked up over improper terminology and ignorant stances towards non-human animals. For instance, I can't handle ignorant stances regarding said animals because they're rooted in ableism, racism and anthropocentrism which is something many marginalised groups have to deal with. I definitely don't want anyone to feel bad bc I know what it's like, but try and find out [i]what it does[/i], and [i]why it does what it does[/i] to you. Is "Lameforger's" bad? Depends. Do you think that will directly hurt someone? Do you think someone is suffering because of "Lameforger's" or is that just an ongoing joke as a reference to a previous typo. I don't know if you know this but Undel accidentally wrote "lameforger's" instead of "Flameforger's" and the whole site went ham and jokingly took it personally. As some people have pointed it out, even the deity Flamecaller responded. We're just poking fun at each other (or in this case Undel) and her typo, we're not actually calling the Fire Flight lame! I constantly show this image to my friend who misspelled "need" as "neec". [img]https://i.imgur.com/ntP11pf.jpg[/img] Take my advice and think about it! I make fun of my country a lot while I still love it (for the ecology and environment, at least), I don't think these lighthearted jokes are generally hurtful. But, if they hurt you, you can try and add an extension to your browser that could add a "f" to it. However, all "Flameforger" words would end up as "Fflameforger". I tried doing the same with "instinct" and it didn't work out well,,, lmao
Lemme just edit this for easier reading bc it's a block of text

I certainly don't want to beat you when you're down and your feelings are valid, but try thinking about why you feel that way.
Try analysing it a bit and pinpointing why "lameforger's" makes you feel bad. Is it in your head actual ill intent or ignorance, is it a lighthearted joke, is it a reference, and what does all of that mean to you. For example, I get seriously worked up over improper terminology and ignorant stances towards non-human animals. For instance, I can't handle ignorant stances regarding said animals because they're rooted in ableism, racism and anthropocentrism which is something many marginalised groups have to deal with.
I definitely don't want anyone to feel bad bc I know what it's like, but try and find out what it does, and why it does what it does to you. Is "Lameforger's" bad? Depends. Do you think that will directly hurt someone? Do you think someone is suffering because of "Lameforger's" or is that just an ongoing joke as a reference to a previous typo. I don't know if you know this but Undel accidentally wrote "lameforger's" instead of "Flameforger's" and the whole site went ham and jokingly took it personally. As some people have pointed it out, even the deity Flamecaller responded. We're just poking fun at each other (or in this case Undel) and her typo, we're not actually calling the Fire Flight lame! I constantly show this image to my friend who misspelled "need" as "neec".

ntP11pf.jpg

Take my advice and think about it! I make fun of my country a lot while I still love it (for the ecology and environment, at least), I don't think these lighthearted jokes are generally hurtful. But, if they hurt you, you can try and add an extension to your browser that could add a "f" to it. However, all "Flameforger" words would end up as "Fflameforger". I tried doing the same with "instinct" and it didn't work out well,,, lmao
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
hey OP, just wanted to let you know that it's okay to be upset by things like this. it absolutely is not intended to be offensive or hurtful in any way, but like, your feelings are valid you know? I don't think it's possible to get everyone to stop saying it, but there are things you can do to help it be less upsetting for you; I think @Natron has some really good advice actually!
hey OP, just wanted to let you know that it's okay to be upset by things like this. it absolutely is not intended to be offensive or hurtful in any way, but like, your feelings are valid you know? I don't think it's possible to get everyone to stop saying it, but there are things you can do to help it be less upsetting for you; I think @Natron has some really good advice actually!
they/them
[quote name="Heart" date="2021-08-23 11:47:03" ] I wish people would poke fun at Nature more. Does anyone even remember we exist? [/quote] We do. And we will poke fun at your bearded mother and your horrible ambassador that STARTED A WAR because they got sick. You sneeze big deal, no need to USE THE BIOWEAPON. /lh
Heart wrote on 2021-08-23 11:47:03:
I wish people would poke fun at Nature more. Does anyone even remember we exist?
We do. And we will poke fun at your bearded mother and your horrible ambassador that STARTED A WAR because they got sick. You sneeze big deal, no need to USE THE BIOWEAPON. /lh
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
I'm starting to see a theme here with some of the posts.
But yes.
Its a joke.
A joke the admins made themselves because of a typo.
You are free to ignore it.
Buuut... *Eyes warily* I'm noticing.
But yes.
Its a joke.
TOW2n3q.png
[quote name="QuirkyJunimo" date="2021-08-23 10:09:34" ] Can people stop calling our festival that?It’s not funny to some of us,and it’s kinda hurtful to me.Do people make fun of other flights because of a TYPO? Really,guys,really? [/quote] Have you never heard of the festival of 1? Where you can trade in your s? Making jokes about a typo/error is really not the same thing as making fun of your flight.
QuirkyJunimo wrote on 2021-08-23 10:09:34:
Can people stop calling our festival that?It’s not funny to some of us,and it’s kinda hurtful to me.Do people make fun of other flights because of a TYPO?

Really,guys,really?

Have you never heard of the festival of 1? Where you can trade in your s?

Making jokes about a typo/error is really not the same thing as making fun of your flight.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
Hmm I can see why it'd be frustrating, but I think it's just a little joke... I mean I'd argue some other flights have it worse, like previously mentioned plague, for obvious reasons, and wind which was referred to as farms, or stinky feet with one of their fest apparels.
Hmm I can see why it'd be frustrating, but I think it's just a little joke... I mean I'd argue some other flights have it worse, like previously mentioned plague, for obvious reasons, and wind which was referred to as farms, or stinky feet with one of their fest apparels.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
[quote name="Bowno" date="2021-08-23 13:42:25" ] I'm starting to see a theme here with some of the posts. But yes. Its a joke. A joke the admins made themselves because of a typo. You are free to ignore it. Buuut... *Eyes warily* I'm noticing. [/quote] What theme? Have I been missing something? :o
Bowno wrote on 2021-08-23 13:42:25:
But yes.
Its a joke.
What theme? Have I been missing something? :o
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
The infamous typo, if anyone's curious [img]https://i.imgur.com/YqNQGkY.png[/img]
The infamous typo, if anyone's curious

YqNQGkY.png
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
[quote name="Charias" date="2021-08-23 10:16:31" ] Honestly I think it's hilarious... it's not making fun of the festival or flight, just a throwback to a funny little typo. Not a bit deal. [/quote]
Charias wrote on 2021-08-23 10:16:31:
Honestly I think it's hilarious... it's not making fun of the festival or flight, just a throwback to a funny little typo. Not a bit deal.
6170d1951dd00a76054e0be373068f46a32933c9.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9