Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I’m sick of lameforgers
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="QuirkyJunimo" date="2021-08-23 15:13:12" ] [quote name="MilleniumTheReef" date="2021-08-23 15:11:40" ] [quote name="QuirkyJunimo" date="2021-08-23 15:08:44" ] [quote name="Bowno" date="2021-08-23 14:55:16" ] [quote name="Aterna" date="2021-08-23 14:03:38" ] [quote name="Bowno" date="2021-08-23 13:42:25" ] I'm starting to see a theme here with some of the posts. But yes. Its a joke. A joke the admins made themselves because of a typo. You are free to ignore it. Buuut... *Eyes warily* I'm noticing. [/quote] What theme? Have I been missing something? :o [/quote] Just themes from the OP. That's all. Nothing to worry about, just to be aware of ;P [/quote] What do u mean [/quote] It's a joke QuirkyJunimo but no one means it [/quote] Am I the only one who doesn’t know what is going on help [/quote] @QuirkyJunimo They are saying that it is a joke and no one means it and you can ignore it if you want
QuirkyJunimo wrote on 2021-08-23 15:13:12:
MilleniumTheReef wrote on 2021-08-23 15:11:40:
QuirkyJunimo wrote on 2021-08-23 15:08:44:
Bowno wrote on 2021-08-23 14:55:16:
Aterna wrote on 2021-08-23 14:03:38:
Bowno wrote on 2021-08-23 13:42:25:
I'm starting to see a theme here with some of the posts.
But yes.
Its a joke.
A joke the admins made themselves because of a typo.
You are free to ignore it.
Buuut... *Eyes warily* I'm noticing.
What theme? Have I been missing something? :o
Just themes from the OP. That's all.
Nothing to worry about, just to be aware of ;P
What do u mean
It's a joke QuirkyJunimo but no one means it
Am I the only one who doesn’t know what is going on help
@QuirkyJunimo They are saying that it is a joke and no one means it and you can ignore it if you want
Potted Cactus =
=Vx1HobZ.png
=B1biG2b.png
yyLPAvX.png
GRHnPzA.png
Just some cactus crazy person
Birb_Cult.gif
[nextcol]eSHXerd.png[/columns]
Wait okay is this...a genuine issue? Like does Fire Flight actually...care? I've never seen "Lameforgers" used as an actual insult. It's just a weird joke that comes from a cool piece of FR history.
Wait okay is this...a genuine issue? Like does Fire Flight actually...care? I've never seen "Lameforgers" used as an actual insult. It's just a weird joke that comes from a cool piece of FR history.
Interested in Lore?
Come to the Silent Crow Outpost & Inn

Got a traveler to send through the Tangled Wood? Want to do business with the best of the worst? Maybe your ambassador just wants a fling and a new story in their bio? Look no further.
I'm always interested in lore exchanges and lore connections. I often sell lore dragons and will write custom bios if bribed lightly.
[quote name="Serafin" date="2021-08-23 15:31:27" ] Wait okay is this...a genuine issue? Like does Fire Flight actually...care? I've never seen "Lameforgers" used as an actual insult. It's just a weird joke that comes from a cool piece of FR history. [/quote] I've been gone for about a year now from Fire, but I've never seen anyone actually upset? It's a typo the admin made one day, and it got Flamecaller to actually say something, so it was pretty sick.
Serafin wrote on 2021-08-23 15:31:27:

I've been gone for about a year now from Fire, but I've never seen anyone actually upset? It's a typo the admin made one day, and it got Flamecaller to actually say something, so it was pretty sick.
ZVpCPil.png
[quote name="Bowno" date="2021-08-23 14:55:16" ] Just themes from the OP. That's all. Nothing to worry about, just to be aware of ;P [/quote] Noticed this too.
Bowno wrote on 2021-08-23 14:55:16:
Just themes from the OP. That's all.
Nothing to worry about, just to be aware of ;P
Noticed this too.
» Ping friendly
................................................................. Bb8deOg.png
it doesn't bother me, but I do think it's a bit overdone, myself.
the same can be said for quite a few other flight-related jokes, really.

however, if you're hearing it out of context or otherwise unfamiliar with it, I can understand why it might be perceived as offensive or a little mean-spirited (in this case, it doesn't help that the word choice isn't the greatest) even if the intent behind the joke and its origins are ultimately harmless and not meant to be taken personally.
it doesn't bother me, but I do think it's a bit overdone, myself.
the same can be said for quite a few other flight-related jokes, really.

however, if you're hearing it out of context or otherwise unfamiliar with it, I can understand why it might be perceived as offensive or a little mean-spirited (in this case, it doesn't help that the word choice isn't the greatest) even if the intent behind the joke and its origins are ultimately harmless and not meant to be taken personally.
reminds me of someone who got upset over ppl comparing wind's green color/apparels/designs to being the fart flight

i'd argue that's way worse than lameforgers, bc that's the whole flight vs. just its festival

if anyone is offended, just move off topic, avoid it, whatever. jokes aren't for everyone but ya can't stop ppl from making them
reminds me of someone who got upset over ppl comparing wind's green color/apparels/designs to being the fart flight

i'd argue that's way worse than lameforgers, bc that's the whole flight vs. just its festival

if anyone is offended, just move off topic, avoid it, whatever. jokes aren't for everyone but ya can't stop ppl from making them
yzUX307.png
I sure every single flight have some sort of joke tied into it, even with festivals. I might not be in the fire flight, but if I was I would still find it light hearted. There isn't even a comparison between worst and best jokes, it's all satire and opinionated

Sorry if lameforgers genuinely offends you, but we also can't change ourselves from not making the joke that we've done so many years already
I sure every single flight have some sort of joke tied into it, even with festivals. I might not be in the fire flight, but if I was I would still find it light hearted. There isn't even a comparison between worst and best jokes, it's all satire and opinionated

Sorry if lameforgers genuinely offends you, but we also can't change ourselves from not making the joke that we've done so many years already
FObX7rS.png
oDtHYlL.png
koJv3g8.png
520DU0J.png
mlHpBMC.png
fkWjutW.png
hAWo4bz.gif
[quote name="weffle" date="2021-08-23 10:25:48" ] bait [/quote]
weffle wrote on 2021-08-23 10:25:48:
bait
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
well if anything, this thread taught me the 'history' behind the lameforgers thing lol

sorry op, but at least now you know its a joke about a typo and not actually insulting fire flight/ flameforger's?
well if anything, this thread taught me the 'history' behind the lameforgers thing lol

sorry op, but at least now you know its a joke about a typo and not actually insulting fire flight/ flameforger's?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@dearagony || it/its || +3 fr
I never saw the term "Lameforger" appear anywhere before but like most people I... wouldn't really get worked up over it.
I never saw the term "Lameforger" appear anywhere before but like most people I... wouldn't really get worked up over it.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9