Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Buying vs earning gems?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
I buy gems if I need / want them in a pinch for UMA's, gem genes, and if I see something on the market I really want, like when I get frustrated grinding for certain boss familiars. Lately I've been earning a ton of gems by brewing eggs and the like, at least.
I buy gems if I need / want them in a pinch for UMA's, gem genes, and if I see something on the market I really want, like when I get frustrated grinding for certain boss familiars. Lately I've been earning a ton of gems by brewing eggs and the like, at least.
a5182e8c1dd986ebec2d3abf1235ddf1cfa8f6d6.gif
xx

In my bones and blood you can hear the waves:
xxthey do not cease their pounding on the shore.
xxThe salt in me is the salt of seas:
flinch not before the horrors of the world!

xx

he/him, nêhiyaw, FR+3
xxxxcarrd
xxxxclan intro
[quote name="Lifeseeker" date="2021-07-24 10:51:27" ] i don't have the money to actually buy gems, but i trade treasure for them in the items for sale forum all the time. [/quote] Yep same
Lifeseeker wrote on 2021-07-24 10:51:27:
i don't have the money to actually buy gems, but i trade treasure for them in the items for sale forum all the time.
Yep same
I prefer to earn but i do like to buy some gems occasionally to support this site!

I have been considering buying merch but there’s really nothing that exciting in yet, i hope they make plushies or statues, then i’d absolutely buy!
I prefer to earn but i do like to buy some gems occasionally to support this site!

I have been considering buying merch but there’s really nothing that exciting in yet, i hope they make plushies or statues, then i’d absolutely buy!
..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
I sell things and save. It adds up if one is patient enough to wait.
I sell things and save. It adds up if one is patient enough to wait.
Y02PS6v.png
i sell treasure for gems when needed. i don't buy gems

edit: occasionally i trade items for gems too, but i trade for gems rarely, unless i'm saving gems for an UMA. i haven't the money to buy gems and it's easier to just convert some treasure for them imo
i sell treasure for gems when needed. i don't buy gems

edit: occasionally i trade items for gems too, but i trade for gems rarely, unless i'm saving gems for an UMA. i haven't the money to buy gems and it's easier to just convert some treasure for them imo
even if i could buy gems, i'd still prefer earning them
it feels more legit
i spend my gems on apparel mostly, maybe cool looking fodder occasionally
even if i could buy gems, i'd still prefer earning them
it feels more legit
i spend my gems on apparel mostly, maybe cool looking fodder occasionally
Untitled424_20230617211922.png yo im arsonistfurry
im just a dude tbh
he/they
trans rights
ping meeeeeeee
art shop
Untitled419_20230616190853.png
Over the last eight years, I have bought quite a few gems with USD. Mostly as birthday presents to me, during an event, that sort of thing. However, in between gem purchases I'll earn the rest of my treasure/gems by leveling and exalting fodder, crafting items and selling them, and other activities!
Over the last eight years, I have bought quite a few gems with USD. Mostly as birthday presents to me, during an event, that sort of thing. However, in between gem purchases I'll earn the rest of my treasure/gems by leveling and exalting fodder, crafting items and selling them, and other activities!
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
It depends on what I'm doing. If I'm buying scatterscrolls, eggs to hatch or an expensive G1 or UMA, I tend to buy. Gem genes I'd rather save up most and maybe get $5 worth to finish it up. I have spent an insane amount of money on this site. I'm not rich, I'm just irresponsible.

I do try to make Gems where I can. I prefer selling materials and occasionally fodder hatchlings.
It depends on what I'm doing. If I'm buying scatterscrolls, eggs to hatch or an expensive G1 or UMA, I tend to buy. Gem genes I'd rather save up most and maybe get $5 worth to finish it up. I have spent an insane amount of money on this site. I'm not rich, I'm just irresponsible.

I do try to make Gems where I can. I prefer selling materials and occasionally fodder hatchlings.
I don't have a clue, do you? // Aberrant Cauldron Project
I earned all my gems bc I can't spend irl money!
I earned all my gems bc I can't spend irl money!
ldNLSdw.png
I've spent quite a bit of RL money on gems because it's convenient, but I don't often have the extra money and usually go through the forums.
I've spent quite a bit of RL money on gems because it's convenient, but I don't often have the extra money and usually go through the forums.
PJb908Z.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13