Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Buying vs earning gems?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13
Buying gems seems like cheating to me. All the gems I've gotten, I've earned. That said, I've bought FR merch to support them, and I appreciate that people do spend gems to keep the site afloat... just ain't for me personally.
Buying gems seems like cheating to me. All the gems I've gotten, I've earned. That said, I've bought FR merch to support them, and I appreciate that people do spend gems to keep the site afloat... just ain't for me personally.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Thanks goodness at least I'm not obsessed in G1s. My wallet would be doomed in that case. I buy G1s when I found one with color combo I really like tho.

(I'm playing bunch of games so I don't use that much money on FR btw)
Both. I need tons of gems ;D I really do love collecting UMAs. Really bad habit.
Thanks goodness at least I'm not obsessed in G1s. My wallet would be doomed in that case. I buy G1s when I found one with color combo I really like tho.

(I'm playing bunch of games so I don't use that much money on FR btw)
WHERE HER DREAMS END >
Unite we stand, divide we fall
| WD/WHDE | ~Plague~ | Any Pronounce | FRT+17(GMT+9) |

| ART SHOP | ACCENT SHOP | HATCHERY | feel free to ping!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
8c05f7199b7e3138b1bd09794101984bae36928e.png
i earn gems. i used to buy them a long time ago. it definitely feels better to accumulate them in game than just dropping cash.
i earn gems. i used to buy them a long time ago. it definitely feels better to accumulate them in game than just dropping cash.
yzUX307.png
earn
i mean, i've gone pretty far with just earning
earn
i mean, i've gone pretty far with just earning
Y0w97b1.png astronic-fr
» he/they
» g1 lair
» art shop
XufexgK.gif
no disposable income, so i earn. It's way too easy to anyways! all five nests with hatchlings placed at gem floor, plus whatever else happens to be clogging up my hoard? auctions treat me well.
no disposable income, so i earn. It's way too easy to anyways! all five nests with hatchlings placed at gem floor, plus whatever else happens to be clogging up my hoard? auctions treat me well.
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
I try to earn mine whenever possible even if it is slower for me. It is alway a nice challenge to try and get the amount of gems I need. That said I have in the past spent money to buy gems around my birthday and when veilspuns first game out.
I try to earn mine whenever possible even if it is slower for me. It is alway a nice challenge to try and get the amount of gems I need. That said I have in the past spent money to buy gems around my birthday and when veilspuns first game out.
fireshield_divider3_by_starkindlerstudio-dajul4r.png[/ur
Both! I like earning gems and don’t mind waiting a while until I have enough for whatever I need, but as with any other video game, I’m not opposed to buying premium currency every once in a while, as a treat. It helps support a game which has provided me with countless hours of enjoyment.
Both! I like earning gems and don’t mind waiting a while until I have enough for whatever I need, but as with any other video game, I’m not opposed to buying premium currency every once in a while, as a treat. It helps support a game which has provided me with countless hours of enjoyment.
Lucius      

 He / Him.

                   

An image of two crossed swords; both are ivory-coloured filigree rapiers.
[Image Description: An image of two crossed swords; both are ivory-coloured filigree rapiers.]
I earn mine through grinding during events and selling the occasional egg I get from the coli. I like to hold onto items that I assume will sell for more later (things that retire, like event items and skins). Most of my earnings come from things in the coli, though. It takes me a while to finish projects, but I'm also okay with that. :)
I earn mine through grinding during events and selling the occasional egg I get from the coli. I like to hold onto items that I assume will sell for more later (things that retire, like event items and skins). Most of my earnings come from things in the coli, though. It takes me a while to finish projects, but I'm also okay with that. :)
giphy.gif She/her |+2 FR Time|Eternal Light| arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
I’ve only bought gems once for an occasion I can’t remember. But now that I’ve got a source of income, I definitely want to start buying them more often! Not only to get that sweet sweet currency, but I want to help support the site that’s kept me invested for years on end. I really love this silly dragon sim, and it’s kept me pleasantly occupied more than any triple-A game out there. I think I’d be lost if FR shut down, tbh
I’ve only bought gems once for an occasion I can’t remember. But now that I’ve got a source of income, I definitely want to start buying them more often! Not only to get that sweet sweet currency, but I want to help support the site that’s kept me invested for years on end. I really love this silly dragon sim, and it’s kept me pleasantly occupied more than any triple-A game out there. I think I’d be lost if FR shut down, tbh
I love seeing interpretations of my dragons!

feel free to take creative liberties :)c
a27P8i2.gif
Both. I would love to be able to earn 100% of my gems, but I can't seem to find a consistent way to do that (seriously, please help ;-; ).
I know that I realistically shouldn't buy them, because it's just throwing money in a black hole, but I always need gems lol.
However I do like supporting FR :)
Both. I would love to be able to earn 100% of my gems, but I can't seem to find a consistent way to do that (seriously, please help ;-; ).
I know that I realistically shouldn't buy them, because it's just throwing money in a black hole, but I always need gems lol.
However I do like supporting FR :)
434-Ga-ZA-1.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13