Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Buying vs earning gems?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
Earn. I refuse to spend irl money for a game lol. I do a lot of coli grinding for myself and other players, sell stuff when I’m desperate.
Earn. I refuse to spend irl money for a game lol. I do a lot of coli grinding for myself and other players, sell stuff when I’m desperate.
I mostly earn, but I don't mind supporting the site (and treating myself) to some gems occasionally.
I mostly earn, but I don't mind supporting the site (and treating myself) to some gems occasionally.
UwPE0Qp.png
i prefer buying gems cause i suck at making them and have nothing worth selling >-<
i prefer buying gems cause i suck at making them and have nothing worth selling >-<
9VeMQMB.png
Over the past couple of years almost all the things I enjoy on FR earn me gems rather than costing them.

Since much earlier on I've had a personal policy that if I buy gems I have to give them away, so that there's never any sense in my mind that spending RLC is a way to progress in the game. Rather, it's a way to support the site, since it's well run and I really appreciate that I don't have to spend RLC to be successful.
Over the past couple of years almost all the things I enjoy on FR earn me gems rather than costing them.

Since much earlier on I've had a personal policy that if I buy gems I have to give them away, so that there's never any sense in my mind that spending RLC is a way to progress in the game. Rather, it's a way to support the site, since it's well run and I really appreciate that I don't have to spend RLC to be successful.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
Earn.
If I have the funds and im feeling impulsive I do buy, because I've spent more time on FR than I have on $60 console titles and I like to support small businesses. Its also just a nice reward during a stressful time.
Earn.
If I have the funds and im feeling impulsive I do buy, because I've spent more time on FR than I have on $60 console titles and I like to support small businesses. Its also just a nice reward during a stressful time.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
the only way i make money is by reselling valuable items. if i could, i'd buy gems with irl money once and a while, but im a minor and dont have a credit card or paypal. i have no idea how to make gems lol
the only way i make money is by reselling valuable items. if i could, i'd buy gems with irl money once and a while, but im a minor and dont have a credit card or paypal. i have no idea how to make gems lol
wqnTQE2.png
addams » she / her » avatar dragon
“i think i might have fallen in love...”
”...what am i to do?”

I buy more gems than I should, but it helps the site out, so that makes me feel better about spending RLC.
I buy more gems than I should, but it helps the site out, so that makes me feel better about spending RLC.
dona_by_brambleclawandjaypaw-dbgci6v.png
I’m a frugal person so I’ve earned all my gems. It’s incredibly easy to make a large profit selling things on the AH from the coliseum if you have an effective team.
I’m a frugal person so I’ve earned all my gems. It’s incredibly easy to make a large profit selling things on the AH from the coliseum if you have an effective team.
flat,128x,075,f-pad,128x128,f8f8f8.jpg

filler
filler

filler
filler

tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o2_75sq.gif

Bri / she/they / 22
FR +3

tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o2_75sq.gif

filler
filler
Buy as in buy with irl currency? Haven't done that yet myself.
If I wasn't on such a tight budget I'd certainly buy occasionally to work towards the prices of KS stuff I want, but so far I've only worked to get my gems.
Gems seem very stuck on 1:1000 ratio atm, which has made running an exchange bank for small profit hopeless. ;_;
Buy as in buy with irl currency? Haven't done that yet myself.
If I wasn't on such a tight budget I'd certainly buy occasionally to work towards the prices of KS stuff I want, but so far I've only worked to get my gems.
Gems seem very stuck on 1:1000 ratio atm, which has made running an exchange bank for small profit hopeless. ;_;
I mostly resell valuable items or do art commissions to get my gems, but I don't mind occasionally spending money to support the site.
I mostly resell valuable items or do art commissions to get my gems, but I don't mind occasionally spending money to support the site.
The Enforcer - they/themAboutArtFree IconsAvatar DragonNeocitiesWishlistA pixelated animation of a teal Mirror dragon wearing a blue and purple hood. They blink and then a heart appears in a speech balloon before filling with dark liquid and fading to black.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13