Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | want to help with my edgelording?
1 2 3
Okay, so I like doing over-the-top deconstructive parodies of stuff. I also really like the concept of edge, and like making fun of/poking holes in Sorineth's lore. So, I've had the following idea for my parodic edgelord-based lorebase, and I'd like people's help with it. TLDR, Shadow/Plague "reps", but really not because they're just attached to/follow the flights' "edgelord flight" stereotype reputations. The actual flights just kinda look at them with embarrassment. So, what I want your help with is this - what do you think they need to do? I want to give them super over-the-top edgy backstories/"clan lore" that ideally parodizes popular themes/misconceptions in FR player lore, and figured I'd consult people who'd been here longer, including some Plague/Shadow members, for accuracy. P.S. - please keep everything civil. I love y'all in Shadow and Plague (I actually used to be in Shadow), and legitimately appreciate both of your aesthetics and your lore relationships with your sister flights. While I have personal issues with FR's lore in general and choose not to use it or to make fun of it when I do, I have no objections to those who follow it or the lore itself, and I'm going for an intentionally over-the-top stereotype. Any resemblance to real members or lore is 100% coincidental or meant affectionately for the purpose of parody. edit: were doing it man. were making this happen. [outfit=1631022][outfit=1631012] edit: pledgelord exists [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69991252][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/699913/69991252_350.png[/img][/url] edit: after WAY too long courtesy of an uncooperative breeding pair, Shadowlord exists. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73392635][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/733927/73392635_350.png[/img][/url]
Okay, so I like doing over-the-top deconstructive parodies of stuff. I also really like the concept of edge, and like making fun of/poking holes in Sorineth's lore. So, I've had the following idea for my parodic edgelord-based lorebase, and I'd like people's help with it.

TLDR, Shadow/Plague "reps", but really not because they're just attached to/follow the flights' "edgelord flight" stereotype reputations. The actual flights just kinda look at them with embarrassment.

So, what I want your help with is this - what do you think they need to do? I want to give them super over-the-top edgy backstories/"clan lore" that ideally parodizes popular themes/misconceptions in FR player lore, and figured I'd consult people who'd been here longer, including some Plague/Shadow members, for accuracy.

P.S. - please keep everything civil. I love y'all in Shadow and Plague (I actually used to be in Shadow), and legitimately appreciate both of your aesthetics and your lore relationships with your sister flights. While I have personal issues with FR's lore in general and choose not to use it or to make fun of it when I do, I have no objections to those who follow it or the lore itself, and I'm going for an intentionally over-the-top stereotype. Any resemblance to real members or lore is 100% coincidental or meant affectionately for the purpose of parody.

edit: were doing it man. were making this happen.

Not Found
Not Found

edit: pledgelord exists
69991252_350.png

edit: after WAY too long courtesy of an uncooperative breeding pair, Shadowlord exists.
73392635_350.png
The Enforcer - they/themAboutArtFree IconsAvatar DragonNeocitiesWishlistA pixelated animation of a teal Mirror dragon wearing a blue and purple hood. They blink and then a heart appears in a speech balloon before filling with dark liquid and fading to black.
Plague rep gets way too into the whole "decay" thing and now he just smells and looks like garbage. Nobody can stand to be near him, but he just thinks it's because he's intimidating.

Shadow rep got Shadowmom and the shade mixed up, people have to try and stop them from actively helping the shade take over Sornieth, they accuse these people of being flight-traitors
Plague rep gets way too into the whole "decay" thing and now he just smells and looks like garbage. Nobody can stand to be near him, but he just thinks it's because he's intimidating.

Shadow rep got Shadowmom and the shade mixed up, people have to try and stop them from actively helping the shade take over Sornieth, they accuse these people of being flight-traitors
nTa2yPT.png
Shadow rep paints on streaks of black mascara and pretends that they’re crying Shadow Primal tears. Also completely ignores the fact that Shadow dragons are supposed to be playful tricksters and just acts like an emo.
Shadow rep paints on streaks of black mascara and pretends that they’re crying Shadow Primal tears. Also completely ignores the fact that Shadow dragons are supposed to be playful tricksters and just acts like an emo.
oJK1fXV.png
Is it a backstory for the dragon and why they're edgy, or is this dragon making up it's own 'backstory' because it WANTS to be edgy? That's an important difference!
Is it a backstory for the dragon and why they're edgy, or is this dragon making up it's own 'backstory' because it WANTS to be edgy? That's an important difference!
Are you ready for a scary story...?ZNP42DI.png o94-d1-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d2-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d3-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d4-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d5-Color-Blind-Brat.png
Make a shadow rep that acts super edgy and evil but is actually just an annoying 2006 mall goth
Make a shadow rep that acts super edgy and evil but is actually just an annoying 2006 mall goth
Plague rep that claims to collect legit dragon bones, but actually gets sick when seeing dead bodies

Edit: okay but what if... We did edgelord stereotyped reps.... For all the flights
Plague rep that claims to collect legit dragon bones, but actually gets sick when seeing dead bodies

Edit: okay but what if... We did edgelord stereotyped reps.... For all the flights
?5rQx0=party.png?5rQLw=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQY0=party.png

If you want Edge™, you gotta make the Shadow rep a Light dragon. They're a moody teenager constantly angsting about how they were born in the wrong element, so they pretend their real powers were stripped away because they were TOO strong, like every half-demon half-fallen-angel OC ever made.

Instead of weaving shadows and trickery, they're stuck with light powers that sparkle and shine, and they hate it with every inch of makeup and Shadow-themed apparel on their body. The only thing they like from their homeland is Emperors, but they've never seen one in person. In spite of all of this, the Light clan they live with is perfectly loving and accepting.

(Note: I am calling my middle school self out here.)

If you want Edge™, you gotta make the Shadow rep a Light dragon. They're a moody teenager constantly angsting about how they were born in the wrong element, so they pretend their real powers were stripped away because they were TOO strong, like every half-demon half-fallen-angel OC ever made.

Instead of weaving shadows and trickery, they're stuck with light powers that sparkle and shine, and they hate it with every inch of makeup and Shadow-themed apparel on their body. The only thing they like from their homeland is Emperors, but they've never seen one in person. In spite of all of this, the Light clan they live with is perfectly loving and accepting.

(Note: I am calling my middle school self out here.)
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
@nightmarejudge
You do know that I AM a Light clan in which one of my main dragons is literally a dad friend who encourages edgelords to properly find themselves, right?
@nightmarejudge
You do know that I AM a Light clan in which one of my main dragons is literally a dad friend who encourages edgelords to properly find themselves, right?
The Enforcer - they/themAboutArtFree IconsAvatar DragonNeocitiesWishlistA pixelated animation of a teal Mirror dragon wearing a blue and purple hood. They blink and then a heart appears in a speech balloon before filling with dark liquid and fading to black.

@TheEnforcer

Haha, nope, not at all! I didn't even look at your lair before posting that, which I probably should have...I just thought it was a funny twist on the rivalry between Shadow and Light. Which dragon is the dad friend?

@TheEnforcer

Haha, nope, not at all! I didn't even look at your lair before posting that, which I probably should have...I just thought it was a funny twist on the rivalry between Shadow and Light. Which dragon is the dad friend?
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
@nightmarejudge My bestest boy Distorticon. In many ways, he's been more a start to the clan than my actual progens, and was my first dragon to have any kind of "lore". [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67272884][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/672729/67272884_350.png[/img][/url]
@nightmarejudge
My bestest boy Distorticon. In many ways, he's been more a start to the clan than my actual progens, and was my first dragon to have any kind of "lore".

67272884_350.png
1 2 3