Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | am I the only one disappointed in this?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31
[quote name="anemo" date="2021-06-08 09:42:26" ] i love it so much!! i think events like these are just what the site needs and i hope we get more in the future [/quote] ^^^^ So, so happy with this anniversary
anemo wrote on 2021-06-08 09:42:26:
i love it so much!! i think events like these are just what the site needs and i hope we get more in the future
^^^^

So, so happy with this anniversary

I'm not bothered all that much. People have been asking for events that allow anyone to participate and add to, and now here it is. It's just a matter of a waiting game like it was with Baldwin, but might still take a while. I feel like it would lead to a modern breed because all this work has to add up to something big.
I'm not bothered all that much. People have been asking for events that allow anyone to participate and add to, and now here it is. It's just a matter of a waiting game like it was with Baldwin, but might still take a while. I feel like it would lead to a modern breed because all this work has to add up to something big.
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
I’m amused, fr has a habit of getting kinda stale. There’s essentially nothing to do once you’ve done the bare minimum. With this event (and I hope there’s more like it in the future) it’s something to do. It encourages you to use features you might not ordinarily use, and you can still participate in the event by just doing your dailies. Plus it’s a community building event that’s not dom related so everyone can enjoy it.

It reminds me of my time on Gaia back in the day, they used to do a lot of similar style events. Nice bit of nostalgia there.

I know everyone’s mostly in it for the goodies though, hopefully they’ll be worth the wait.
I’m amused, fr has a habit of getting kinda stale. There’s essentially nothing to do once you’ve done the bare minimum. With this event (and I hope there’s more like it in the future) it’s something to do. It encourages you to use features you might not ordinarily use, and you can still participate in the event by just doing your dailies. Plus it’s a community building event that’s not dom related so everyone can enjoy it.

It reminds me of my time on Gaia back in the day, they used to do a lot of similar style events. Nice bit of nostalgia there.

I know everyone’s mostly in it for the goodies though, hopefully they’ll be worth the wait.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
[quote name="Fluttering" date="2021-06-08 09:39:24" ] I was disappointed at first when I saw the post but then I realized the reward is probably a new modern so now I'm super excited! [/quote] w a I t w h a t someone explain hsdfhsdjfss edit: I am pretty sad about this update, I kind of expected something more, judging on how exited people were getting. If It was a new dragon i would be really happy but this is... no.
Fluttering wrote on 2021-06-08 09:39:24:
I was disappointed at first when I saw the post but then I realized the reward is probably a new modern so now I'm super excited!
w a I t w h a t
someone explain hsdfhsdjfss

edit:
I am pretty sad about this update, I kind of expected something more, judging on how exited people were getting. If It was a new dragon i would be really happy but this is... no.
rHxG0s7.pngY5ILoot.png kaz | they/he/she | gay ace
lately i’ve been forgetful and unfocused, please ping me again if i didn’t respond!
@Falinks

if it helps, it is partly Water based! The guardian in the dig is from the Water bote story. So we might finally be finding out what happened to the Tidelord.
@Falinks

if it helps, it is partly Water based! The guardian in the dig is from the Water bote story. So we might finally be finding out what happened to the Tidelord.
leWQTdB.png5hF3FGk.png
[quote name="balthy" date="2021-06-08 09:47:59" ] [quote name="seclusion" date="2021-06-08 09:41:15" ] [quote name="@Fluttering" date="2021-06-08 09:39:24" ] I was disappointed at first when I saw the post but then I realized the reward is probably a new modern so now I'm super excited! [/quote] [/quote] Sorry for the question, but what lead you to this conclusion? Just wondering if you meant specific wording choices that indicated this. [/quote] Two things: Usually when people start speculating wildly about an update and hype is being generated about something it isn't going to be, the mods come out and say so. This has happened a few times in recent memory, with recent backend work (people speculated it was an update, mods came out to say it wasn't), the map update (IIRC), and last anniversary when people were speculating about a new Ancient. There's also lore implication that there's [i]something[/i] down there. But mostly it's just hard for me to believe the devs would let us think it was a new breed for this long without saying anything, especially since their silence now has a lot of people convinced.
balthy wrote on 2021-06-08 09:47:59:
seclusion wrote on 2021-06-08 09:41:15:
@Fluttering wrote on 2021-06-08 09:39:24:
I was disappointed at first when I saw the post but then I realized the reward is probably a new modern so now I'm super excited!
Sorry for the question, but what lead you to this conclusion? Just wondering if you meant specific wording choices that indicated this.

Two things:

Usually when people start speculating wildly about an update and hype is being generated about something it isn't going to be, the mods come out and say so. This has happened a few times in recent memory, with recent backend work (people speculated it was an update, mods came out to say it wasn't), the map update (IIRC), and last anniversary when people were speculating about a new Ancient.

There's also lore implication that there's something down there.

But mostly it's just hard for me to believe the devs would let us think it was a new breed for this long without saying anything, especially since their silence now has a lot of people convinced.
i believe that you believe there is a heaven
where you belong.
he/him
Disappointment is going to depend on the reward lol

So far I like the event. They included everyone at every play type within it and are giving plenty of participation time without rushing everyone, but if they randomly give us a single item from the pool and retire it out and we have no means of collecting all said items or something, or its just a single item or who knows... then yes I might be upset.

Dont want a repeat on the convention item thing again.
Dont want to have all this fun and get a "participation trophy" thats just a single apparel item.

Trying not to get too hyped though.
Disappointment is going to depend on the reward lol

So far I like the event. They included everyone at every play type within it and are giving plenty of participation time without rushing everyone, but if they randomly give us a single item from the pool and retire it out and we have no means of collecting all said items or something, or its just a single item or who knows... then yes I might be upset.

Dont want a repeat on the convention item thing again.
Dont want to have all this fun and get a "participation trophy" thats just a single apparel item.

Trying not to get too hyped though.
8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
I honestly think this event is a great idea. It promotes activity in the community, it's easy for those who don't have the time, and its a fun new way to release new content. It looks like FR is trying to incorporate lore into the events and just introduce new things. The downside is the wait but honestly I don't mind!
I honestly think this event is a great idea. It promotes activity in the community, it's easy for those who don't have the time, and its a fun new way to release new content. It looks like FR is trying to incorporate lore into the events and just introduce new things. The downside is the wait but honestly I don't mind!
5p1NDy8.png
Wish there was more to do on day 1 that wasn't grinding for meters, you know? Every other anniversary had some big new feature I could dig into right away. The only thing we have at the outset is a new scene.
Wish there was more to do on day 1 that wasn't grinding for meters, you know? Every other anniversary had some big new feature I could dig into right away. The only thing we have at the outset is a new scene.
i was hoping for a new breed or some cool familiars and genes
i was hoping for a new breed or some cool familiars and genes
LMLA6wg.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31