Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Types of FR players as breeds
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 68 69
I feel in the minority being a total Tundra! Seems a lot of other Tundras also fall under the Gaoler category and that's so not me!

May I also offer:

Veilspun: These are players who joined Flight Rising because their friends are into FR. They thrive on the social aspects of the site and are most active in Forum Games and General Discussion. Permadergs? Roundsey? They have no idea what those terms mean and frankly, they don't really care. They have a small lair of a few dragons they think are cute or cool that they bought off the fodder floor without really knowing what that term means.

Banescale: These are players who got into Flight Rising because they saw a cool dragon picture on tumblr and followed the link back here. They are serious artistes and you'll often see them in 'Draw The Dragon Above You' threads, just knocking it out of the park. They make adoptables and take requests off the Art Sales board all day long. Most of their dragons are either triple-basics or decked-out masterpieces and there is no in between.

Coatl: These are players who are most active on Flight Rising adjacent sites. They spend a lot of time on the Flight Rising tumblr tag and have collected a decent amount of FR communities on their Discord. They don't use the forums too often, but they are social butterflies in the 'general' chat of their Flight's chatroom. They probably have a bunch of interesting dragons that were gifted to them by friends of theirs.

Skydancer: G1 lair! G1 lair! Skydancers love the challenge of designing a new G1 from scratch. They delight in scatter projects and are always on top of new genes and skins to decorate their ever-growing hoard of randomly-generated babies. Skydancers tend not to participate too much in the social aspects of the site, but you will occasionally see them flipping their first-gen Stained Wildclaw with lore and art for more money than you can ever imagi- oh my lord, somebody bought it already?!

Bogsneak: These are players who are fascinated by the creepier, darker aspects of the site. They love Halloween and Riot of Rot and are obsessed with making their dragons look as icky, oozy, and monstrous as possible. Most likely Shadow or Plague because they got into the site while they were 'going through a phase' and six years later, they're still not out of it. Have at least three skins with pustules and you'd make their life if you ever gifted them a rotclaw.

Obelisk: Can you say lore nerd? Obelisks are players whose entire lair has a story. Everybody is connected is a way and every bio is perfectly decked out with each dragon's entire extended family, their life goals, personalities, even the origin of their name! They definitely have a lore directory with extended chapters on the birthplace of their pro-gen (who is, of course, fully dressed with each apparel piece having its own meaning.)

Snappers: These are players who don't seem to sleep. Flight Rising is their entire life. They live and die on their dragons. They max out their Fairgrounds bonus everyday and then keep playing. Glimmer and Gloom til the internet cuts out, ba-by! They are always the most upset by site maintenance - you mean I need to do something else that isn't dragons?

Guardians: These are players who live and breathe breeding pairs. All of their dragons have a perfectly matched mate and every single one of their offspring has a name. Though the babies are sold to keep up their expensive habit of going on the Auction House everyday and having no self-control, Guardians are always checking up on their 'grand-babies' and get very upset if they see an exaltation anywhere in their lineages.
I feel in the minority being a total Tundra! Seems a lot of other Tundras also fall under the Gaoler category and that's so not me!

May I also offer:

Veilspun: These are players who joined Flight Rising because their friends are into FR. They thrive on the social aspects of the site and are most active in Forum Games and General Discussion. Permadergs? Roundsey? They have no idea what those terms mean and frankly, they don't really care. They have a small lair of a few dragons they think are cute or cool that they bought off the fodder floor without really knowing what that term means.

Banescale: These are players who got into Flight Rising because they saw a cool dragon picture on tumblr and followed the link back here. They are serious artistes and you'll often see them in 'Draw The Dragon Above You' threads, just knocking it out of the park. They make adoptables and take requests off the Art Sales board all day long. Most of their dragons are either triple-basics or decked-out masterpieces and there is no in between.

Coatl: These are players who are most active on Flight Rising adjacent sites. They spend a lot of time on the Flight Rising tumblr tag and have collected a decent amount of FR communities on their Discord. They don't use the forums too often, but they are social butterflies in the 'general' chat of their Flight's chatroom. They probably have a bunch of interesting dragons that were gifted to them by friends of theirs.

Skydancer: G1 lair! G1 lair! Skydancers love the challenge of designing a new G1 from scratch. They delight in scatter projects and are always on top of new genes and skins to decorate their ever-growing hoard of randomly-generated babies. Skydancers tend not to participate too much in the social aspects of the site, but you will occasionally see them flipping their first-gen Stained Wildclaw with lore and art for more money than you can ever imagi- oh my lord, somebody bought it already?!

Bogsneak: These are players who are fascinated by the creepier, darker aspects of the site. They love Halloween and Riot of Rot and are obsessed with making their dragons look as icky, oozy, and monstrous as possible. Most likely Shadow or Plague because they got into the site while they were 'going through a phase' and six years later, they're still not out of it. Have at least three skins with pustules and you'd make their life if you ever gifted them a rotclaw.

Obelisk: Can you say lore nerd? Obelisks are players whose entire lair has a story. Everybody is connected is a way and every bio is perfectly decked out with each dragon's entire extended family, their life goals, personalities, even the origin of their name! They definitely have a lore directory with extended chapters on the birthplace of their pro-gen (who is, of course, fully dressed with each apparel piece having its own meaning.)

Snappers: These are players who don't seem to sleep. Flight Rising is their entire life. They live and die on their dragons. They max out their Fairgrounds bonus everyday and then keep playing. Glimmer and Gloom til the internet cuts out, ba-by! They are always the most upset by site maintenance - you mean I need to do something else that isn't dragons?

Guardians: These are players who live and breathe breeding pairs. All of their dragons have a perfectly matched mate and every single one of their offspring has a name. Though the babies are sold to keep up their expensive habit of going on the Auction House everyday and having no self-control, Guardians are always checking up on their 'grand-babies' and get very upset if they see an exaltation anywhere in their lineages.
qhK4FYS.png
5OBxblq.png
k7mTvIf.png
smallest dragon lair adopts
old oaks collector
rare color collector
Ahhh yes, I’m am among both the Mirrors and Spirals.
Ahhh yes, I’m am among both the Mirrors and Spirals.
Sprial, Gaoler, Banescale, i feel like i have to explain myself but it's all right there
Sprial, Gaoler, Banescale, i feel like i have to explain myself but it's all right there
a simple gif of a courier dragon flying facing to the right. It is a completely black silhouette with black particles around it One day I'm going to
hand you something and
it's going to be a bug.
It/Its Pronouns
Aro/Ace
Agender Man
FR Time +2
[quote name="Fauconne" date="2021-01-19 00:46:27" ] [b]Gaoler:[/b] "nothing comes in, nothing goes out" is a saying you abide by... Halfway. Plenty of things enter your lair but; none shall leave. EVER. You are a Hoarder(tm), and especially when it comes to dragons, once you get your crooked talons on them, you'll never find a valid reason to let them go. Hoardselling? But what if you accidentally throw away an item that might come in handy later?! Probably collects/takes in unwanted old dragons as well. Not terribly active on the forums, mostly on 'serious' topics such as 'Old Dragon Collectors' etc.] [/quote] Well hello, you seem to know me, nice to meet you too [emoji=birthday cake size=1][emoji=candle size=1]
Fauconne wrote on 2021-01-19 00:46:27:
Gaoler: "nothing comes in, nothing goes out" is a saying you abide by... Halfway. Plenty of things enter your lair but; none shall leave. EVER. You are a Hoarder(tm), and especially when it comes to dragons, once you get your crooked talons on them, you'll never find a valid reason to let them go. Hoardselling? But what if you accidentally throw away an item that might come in handy later?! Probably collects/takes in unwanted old dragons as well. Not terribly active on the forums, mostly on 'serious' topics such as 'Old Dragon Collectors' etc.]

Well hello, you seem to know me, nice to meet you too
v886aA7.png 6YousWl.pnghzM3Sr2.pngL74Jfbv.png F7omzdo.png 0HBKL8H.png
dEe2UrM.png
uPNWHgD.png
0vW8aup.png
You didn't need to call me out as spiral you know
But for real, that is so on the point... granted I'm working through my projects. Finally. Slowly.
You didn't need to call me out as spiral you know
But for real, that is so on the point... granted I'm working through my projects. Finally. Slowly.
+ 10 fr time
Any pronouns
I am often a huge idiot
I apologize if I sound rude
not native speaker, english is hard
76914149_ZoqtgzM6biIYLbE.png
wishlist
I like D&D
i'll make this better soon
i'm a gaoler! shame there isn't a badge for it >:(
oh well, i'm a spiral until there's a gaoler badge, lol
i'm a gaoler! shame there isn't a badge for it >:(
oh well, i'm a spiral until there's a gaoler badge, lol
XxxGZDG.png
6Fjd4rG.png
AfCf6jr.png
YMPbu9R.png

pings on, have a lovely day!!
I am a spiral and im called out
I am a spiral and im called out
1423_200px_zac_by_miirshroom-dbyzezj.png
Wishlist
She/Her
Ash Ruby
Art Shop
PixelShop

ffUnBhh.png
1424_200px_zac_by_miirshroom-dbyzhfi.png UMAs
G1's
Items
100kg goal

tlRymde.gif
i am spiral 100% gaoler 100% and bog 100%, i don't care if being 300% something is impossible
(also debatably snapper and obe lol, to add to the chaos a bit more)
i am spiral 100% gaoler 100% and bog 100%, i don't care if being 300% something is impossible
(also debatably snapper and obe lol, to add to the chaos a bit more)
Ad9nlhz.png
mlHpBMC.png
7fFdbks.png
I may not be subscribed, so please ping!!
0zVuogN.png
I am 100% an Obelisk, with an extra 20% Skydancer.
I am 100% an Obelisk, with an extra 20% Skydancer.
rsz-lorwolf-banner.png
Spiral and Obelisk for me, absolutely. I have lore for everyone, just gotta... write it down...
Spiral and Obelisk for me, absolutely. I have lore for everyone, just gotta... write it down...
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 68 69