Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Opinions on Finding Abandoned Lairs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I don't care.
I don't care.
[quote name="CorporealBeing" date="2020-11-18 13:21:00" ] I agree, I just find them kinda strange, almost like I stumbled upon something I shouldn't be seeing. Like when you see a completely empty amusement park something just feels wrong? I don't know how to describe it any other way. The closest thing I can relate it to is Liminal Spaces. (A transitional space that has been abandoned, like the creepypasta [url=https://creepypasta.fandom.com/wiki/The_Backrooms] The Backrooms[/url]) I guess I also do have a bit of remorse because I have an old lair that all my dragons are sitting around in. The password to that account is long gone so I can never go back to those dragons that I spent a good portion of my young childhood with. Mostly I don't really care but sometimes it is kinda strange to run into abandoned accounts. [img]https://i.imgur.com/XJ9Uvi2.jpg[/img] (Just an example of a Liminal Space if you needed a visual ^u^) [/quote] Ohhhh, that photo just gave me a really spooky feeling! I've never heard of liminal spaces before, but after googling the definition, it certainly describes exactly how I felt, haha. I've never looked at abandoned lairs in any particular way before, but I'm probably going to remember this now every time I see one. ;D
CorporealBeing wrote on 2020-11-18 13:21:00:
I agree, I just find them kinda strange, almost like I stumbled upon something I shouldn't be seeing. Like when you see a completely empty amusement park something just feels wrong? I don't know how to describe it any other way. The closest thing I can relate it to is Liminal Spaces. (A transitional space that has been abandoned, like the creepypasta The Backrooms)

I guess I also do have a bit of remorse because I have an old lair that all my dragons are sitting around in. The password to that account is long gone so I can never go back to those dragons that I spent a good portion of my young childhood with.

Mostly I don't really care but sometimes it is kinda strange to run into abandoned accounts.

XJ9Uvi2.jpg
(Just an example of a Liminal Space if you needed a visual ^u^)

Ohhhh, that photo just gave me a really spooky feeling! I've never heard of liminal spaces before, but after googling the definition, it certainly describes exactly how I felt, haha.

I've never looked at abandoned lairs in any particular way before, but I'm probably going to remember this now every time I see one. ;D
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

To me it does feel like a liminal space, a snapshot in time. Not abandoned per se, but on pause. Like a Minecraft wold from three years ago. Time has passed, but at the same time has not. They could come back tomorrow, next week, or never. Man, shifting through inactive accounts is like archaeology; absolutely fascinating, surreal, and a bit wistful.
To me it does feel like a liminal space, a snapshot in time. Not abandoned per se, but on pause. Like a Minecraft wold from three years ago. Time has passed, but at the same time has not. They could come back tomorrow, next week, or never. Man, shifting through inactive accounts is like archaeology; absolutely fascinating, surreal, and a bit wistful.
66946966.png

v2PJF9u.png
WkCEhwX.png
LRdLP2V.png

Gene Wishlist
Apparel Wishlist

Otherwise it's not something I get fussed over.
It only bothers me if I know the account owner died as the reason of abandonment.

Otherwise it's not something I get fussed over.
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
@CorporealBeing mhmm, I do know what liminal spaces are, i just don't get that feeling from inactive accounts.

Though i suppose if you look at it as temporal liminality, a strange sort of time travel like watching an old film where you just know all the actors are dead, it tracks, especially the older lairs before certain genes/breeds were introduced. I still don't feel that way, but i can understand why someone might feel that way.
@CorporealBeing mhmm, I do know what liminal spaces are, i just don't get that feeling from inactive accounts.

Though i suppose if you look at it as temporal liminality, a strange sort of time travel like watching an old film where you just know all the actors are dead, it tracks, especially the older lairs before certain genes/breeds were introduced. I still don't feel that way, but i can understand why someone might feel that way.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
Infuriating; when you find the perfect dragon for a certain project but it’s in a dead lair.
Infuriating; when you find the perfect dragon for a certain project but it’s in a dead lair.
iW3lC5l.pngY5ILoot.pngtg462CC.pngQFchClK.pnglightflower.png
@deztora I'm unfamiliar with the "locked account" term
@deztora I'm unfamiliar with the "locked account" term
4fDk2WySUrAvwAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
fXqB1J8.png
sad but super sad when they have really expensive dragons

It pained me to see a lair with my dream color 5 digit g1 in an abandoned lair
sad but super sad when they have really expensive dragons

It pained me to see a lair with my dream color 5 digit g1 in an abandoned lair
One of my friended accounts is my girlfriend who passed away. I don't think of it as an abandoned lair so much as a gallery of what she enjoyed while she was here. They aren't unfed dragons, they're statues of the colors and genes and critters she liked.
One of my friended accounts is my girlfriend who passed away. I don't think of it as an abandoned lair so much as a gallery of what she enjoyed while she was here. They aren't unfed dragons, they're statues of the colors and genes and critters she liked.
it’s very surreal. it reminds me of buying a used book and finding notes in it, it’s weird to know that someone was there but isn’t anymore, and it’s been untouched by time. it’s kinda creepy.
it’s very surreal. it reminds me of buying a used book and finding notes in it, it’s weird to know that someone was there but isn’t anymore, and it’s been untouched by time. it’s kinda creepy.
wqnTQE2.png
addams » she / her » avatar dragon
“i think i might have fallen in love...”
”...what am i to do?”

1 2 3 4 5 6 7