Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Banescale popularity?
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Xela" date="2020-10-11 12:23:07" ] Both Gaolers and Banes need more genes in general. As much as I like both breeds, it gets boring when they've only got a very small selection of genes to pick from compared to the variety modern breeds have access to. [/quote] Especially true when you cant dress them. I like the male Gaolers stance but the female and both Banescales stands could be better. I would love to see more exiting tert for ancients.
Xela wrote on 2020-10-11 12:23:07:
Both Gaolers and Banes need more genes in general. As much as I like both breeds, it gets boring when they've only got a very small selection of genes to pick from compared to the variety modern breeds have access to.
Especially true when you cant dress them. I like the male Gaolers stance but the female and both Banescales stands could be better. I would love to see more exiting tert for ancients.
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
I honestly really don't like Banes much. I have a few (though I'm considering purging them) but as far as ancients go I like Gaolers better (I made my progens Gaolers). Both Bane poses are awkward, their genes are not spectacular (some of them are outright horrible, you can't even get rid of Sugarplum/Candycane scrolls at rock-bottom AH prices, everybody hates it), and they can't wear clothing, and most of the available UMAs don't really make it better.

They make cute babies (I have a couple Bane permababies) but otherwise, nah.
I honestly really don't like Banes much. I have a few (though I'm considering purging them) but as far as ancients go I like Gaolers better (I made my progens Gaolers). Both Bane poses are awkward, their genes are not spectacular (some of them are outright horrible, you can't even get rid of Sugarplum/Candycane scrolls at rock-bottom AH prices, everybody hates it), and they can't wear clothing, and most of the available UMAs don't really make it better.

They make cute babies (I have a couple Bane permababies) but otherwise, nah.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Once I realized the male's stance is that of a giant chicken, I can't help but feel affectionate humor when I see them. But the female's stance is awesome! She's a terror no matter how crazy her genes get. Although I do like how these genes look on my two girls. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62939686][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/629397/62939686_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57402785][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/574028/57402785_350.png[/img][/url]
Once I realized the male's stance is that of a giant chicken, I can't help but feel affectionate humor when I see them.

But the female's stance is awesome! She's a terror no matter how crazy her genes get. Although I do like how these genes look on my two girls.

62939686_350.png

57402785_350.png
30oPYgq.png
I really think that the release method screwed them over too. Giving people two clanbound eggs meant that a for a lot of people their intro to the breed (the freebies meant to hook them and create engagement) were ugly dragons with bad colors that made lousy breeding pairs, and people were excited and gened them up anyway.....and then they got ugly babies and I think that soured a lot of the enthusiasm. And a lot more just sold or exalted their garbage egg hatches and moved on by ignoring the breed for the most part.

With Gaolers people could choose who to use their free scrolls on and select dragons who'd be worth the expense to gene up. So you got a lot more nice looking dragons as the foundation who produced desirable babies and people felt good about them in general by association.
Banes got to be the ugly disappointment breed and I don't think they've been able to move past that. The super busy genes haven't helped either.
I really think that the release method screwed them over too. Giving people two clanbound eggs meant that a for a lot of people their intro to the breed (the freebies meant to hook them and create engagement) were ugly dragons with bad colors that made lousy breeding pairs, and people were excited and gened them up anyway.....and then they got ugly babies and I think that soured a lot of the enthusiasm. And a lot more just sold or exalted their garbage egg hatches and moved on by ignoring the breed for the most part.

With Gaolers people could choose who to use their free scrolls on and select dragons who'd be worth the expense to gene up. So you got a lot more nice looking dragons as the foundation who produced desirable babies and people felt good about them in general by association.
Banes got to be the ugly disappointment breed and I don't think they've been able to move past that. The super busy genes haven't helped either.
They were cool at first, but truth is, I don't know why I worked so hard to get nice Banescales with the clanbound ones, because I don't care for their colors even if they're gened well.
They were cool at first, but truth is, I don't know why I worked so hard to get nice Banescales with the clanbound ones, because I don't care for their colors even if they're gened well.
FfsFHyt.png
[quote name="Xela" date="2020-10-11 12:23:07" ] Both Gaolers and Banes need more genes in general. As much as I like both breeds, it gets boring when they've only got a very small selection of genes to pick from compared to the variety modern breeds have access to. [/quote] Completely agree. I think Ancients should get the proper array of modern genes on them, even the generally unpopular ones because HEY, it's someone's favourite out there and the less variety you have, the less you can do with the dragon. When Banes came out, I had such a hard time getting used to them because I couldn't stand seeing their genes on them. Nothing worked for me. The only thing that saved me was the fact that I wanted to collect specific Chev/Arro and Rag/Tear colour combinations. That's it! If we get Chev/Arro for moderns, you better believe I'll change my Banescales into moderns. The lack of all modern genes just doesn't do it for me, and Ancients are excluded from a big portion, I think they deserve to have the gene aspect.
Xela wrote on 2020-10-11 12:23:07:
Both Gaolers and Banes need more genes in general. As much as I like both breeds, it gets boring when they've only got a very small selection of genes to pick from compared to the variety modern breeds have access to.

Completely agree. I think Ancients should get the proper array of modern genes on them, even the generally unpopular ones because HEY, it's someone's favourite out there and the less variety you have, the less you can do with the dragon. When Banes came out, I had such a hard time getting used to them because I couldn't stand seeing their genes on them. Nothing worked for me. The only thing that saved me was the fact that I wanted to collect specific Chev/Arro and Rag/Tear colour combinations. That's it! If we get Chev/Arro for moderns, you better believe I'll change my Banescales into moderns. The lack of all modern genes just doesn't do it for me, and Ancients are excluded from a big portion, I think they deserve to have the gene aspect.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I like Banescales, but I agree the genes are uh, not my thing mostly? They get busy really really fast, also with how the wings are folded over the body in male pose. I mean, unless you go metallic (gems yay) or laced (only looks good to me with VERY FEW colors), the primary's already going to be super busy. I love Jaguar, but it doesn't easily play nice here. Wings? Unless you use Spinner (don't think it suits em so well), or a very subtle color for Sugarplum (not too high in contrast), that'll get busy too. Toxin/Poison is nice in theory, just never seems to play nice for me. Terts? Fans need color combo, but looks great when right. Plumage is the same. Wraith is nice too. Underbelly's there. Gives the greatest versatility among the gene sets, I think buut, yeah. I can turn random dragons into Gaolers and make em pretty. Banescales? I don't breed change, I get em when it's right or there is no hope picking someone at random hahahaha. Usually ;) When they work, it's really beautiful though. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63895329][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/638954/63895329_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62706321][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/627064/62706321_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61187741][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/611878/61187741_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61061796][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/610618/61061796_350.png[/img][/url]
I like Banescales, but I agree the genes are uh, not my thing mostly? They get busy really really fast, also with how the wings are folded over the body in male pose.

I mean, unless you go metallic (gems yay) or laced (only looks good to me with VERY FEW colors), the primary's already going to be super busy. I love Jaguar, but it doesn't easily play nice here.
Wings? Unless you use Spinner (don't think it suits em so well), or a very subtle color for Sugarplum (not too high in contrast), that'll get busy too. Toxin/Poison is nice in theory, just never seems to play nice for me.
Terts? Fans need color combo, but looks great when right. Plumage is the same. Wraith is nice too. Underbelly's there. Gives the greatest versatility among the gene sets, I think buut, yeah.

I can turn random dragons into Gaolers and make em pretty. Banescales? I don't breed change, I get em when it's right or there is no hope picking someone at random hahahaha. Usually ;)
When they work, it's really beautiful though.

63895329_350.png

62706321_350.png

61187741_350.png

61061796_350.png
sh5xjiu.png
mtHAEL4.png
jbMLSIO.png
fdUVIfW.png
y41plqc.png
Wn6vGC1.png
YlKQFV6.png
MQadkUW.png
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif 9X6Ea51.png
I have to say that Banes are really cool. The first dragon that I got was a bane, and I made sure that my first Naomi descendant was a Bane. Banes are just really cool in every way.
I have to say that Banes are really cool. The first dragon that I got was a bane, and I made sure that my first Naomi descendant was a Bane. Banes are just really cool in every way.
UmXugBY.png
i can't speak for the whole userbase but personally i haven't really felt any need to get more banes after i hatched my clanbound ones. their designs are neat, but not neat enough that i'd choose one over a nice modern, especially with their incredibly limited selection of genes. i wish we'd get more genes for both them and gaolers but i feel like that's not going to happen at least until the next modern comes out (though staff might not feel like it's worth the effort to make new genes for an old ancient unless it's really popular, which banes aren't)
i can't speak for the whole userbase but personally i haven't really felt any need to get more banes after i hatched my clanbound ones. their designs are neat, but not neat enough that i'd choose one over a nice modern, especially with their incredibly limited selection of genes. i wish we'd get more genes for both them and gaolers but i feel like that's not going to happen at least until the next modern comes out (though staff might not feel like it's worth the effort to make new genes for an old ancient unless it's really popular, which banes aren't)
Palestinian flagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
grey/juniper «a
he/him «a
fr+2 «a
pings OK «a
Official artwork of the tome of Forseti from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. It is dark green with elaborate white detailing.
In my 100% unbiased opinion I think banescales are hecking amazing
Though we need more genes for banes
Gotta love ‘em
In my 100% unbiased opinion I think banescales are hecking amazing
Though we need more genes for banes
Gotta love ‘em
npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gif
1 2 3 4 5