Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Are the new familiars zodiac based??
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@KittyBanana23 I'm subscribed to the thread, lol!
@KittyBanana23 I'm subscribed to the thread, lol!
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
Oh. This might be a question with a obvious answer, but why?
Oh. This might be a question with a obvious answer, but why?
https://dragcave.net/view/Sqned
@KittyBanana23 When there's an interesting discussion thread I subscribe to it, since replies might slow down, but not stop.
@KittyBanana23 When there's an interesting discussion thread I subscribe to it, since replies might slow down, but not stop.
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
Oh.
Oh.
https://dragcave.net/view/Sqned
Gotta say, the idea with the Ophiuchus for Fiona and the Capricorn for NotN which @Shinyumbreon proposed is a really nice one
Ophiuchus is an interesting sign, often goes unnoticed and would make for a cool familiar and fits Fiona way better than Capricorn
Gotta say, the idea with the Ophiuchus for Fiona and the Capricorn for NotN which @Shinyumbreon proposed is a really nice one
Ophiuchus is an interesting sign, often goes unnoticed and would make for a cool familiar and fits Fiona way better than Capricorn
qR6otwA.png
Late to the party here, but I agree with the general sentiment that releasing Capricorn as a Fiona fam at the end of May (at the earliest) is NOT a good way to approach this.
  • The point of the zodiac is entirely related to the time of year they are relevant for. Making it available 5 months later completely negates that
  • As noted, December birthday people already get ripped off because of other holidays, that, this feels mean to them, since zodiacs are such a personal thing
  • It's only possible to get 1 of a familiar through Fiona, and it takes a further 89 days to do so through awakening. How would you choose which two you have to awaken? Just the first two (Light and Lightning) cos they are oldest? The last two, so new people are likely to have them? All 11?!?! We wouldn't get the Capricorn Familiar until August next year at that rate!!!!
  • We may not have a Flight Fest in December, but there is NOTN, and mimic powder is already like a fest currency
  • I'm not sure how easy it would be to code Joxar to just open with 1 item, the familiar. Or... ooh, a NOTN scene and apparel through Joxar would go down super well! You can adjust the amount of Mimic Powder it costs vs the value of fest currency to some degree, that would be far more acceptable to people than missing out for all those months
  • Alternatively - brewing Capricorn using Mimic Powder (and possibly other NOTN items) would be simple and appropriate to implement
  • While these options aren't 'normal' approaches for NOTN or themed familiars, people would understand and be totally willing to work with something like this in order for it to make sense
  • This would then mean you could do the Ophiuchus as a Fiona fam, which I've seen some demand for

I really think that this needs to be considered thoroughly - it's gonna be seriously affect a lot of people's opinion of the site if the developers don't factor manage this better than just making it a Fiona fam in May.
Late to the party here, but I agree with the general sentiment that releasing Capricorn as a Fiona fam at the end of May (at the earliest) is NOT a good way to approach this.
  • The point of the zodiac is entirely related to the time of year they are relevant for. Making it available 5 months later completely negates that
  • As noted, December birthday people already get ripped off because of other holidays, that, this feels mean to them, since zodiacs are such a personal thing
  • It's only possible to get 1 of a familiar through Fiona, and it takes a further 89 days to do so through awakening. How would you choose which two you have to awaken? Just the first two (Light and Lightning) cos they are oldest? The last two, so new people are likely to have them? All 11?!?! We wouldn't get the Capricorn Familiar until August next year at that rate!!!!
  • We may not have a Flight Fest in December, but there is NOTN, and mimic powder is already like a fest currency
  • I'm not sure how easy it would be to code Joxar to just open with 1 item, the familiar. Or... ooh, a NOTN scene and apparel through Joxar would go down super well! You can adjust the amount of Mimic Powder it costs vs the value of fest currency to some degree, that would be far more acceptable to people than missing out for all those months
  • Alternatively - brewing Capricorn using Mimic Powder (and possibly other NOTN items) would be simple and appropriate to implement
  • While these options aren't 'normal' approaches for NOTN or themed familiars, people would understand and be totally willing to work with something like this in order for it to make sense
  • This would then mean you could do the Ophiuchus as a Fiona fam, which I've seen some demand for

I really think that this needs to be considered thoroughly - it's gonna be seriously affect a lot of people's opinion of the site if the developers don't factor manage this better than just making it a Fiona fam in May.
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
[quote name="Nocturnas" date="2020-06-28 00:30:58" ] Are you kidding me? Capricorn being only available through Fiona, AND only after Greenskeeper? Seriously? That's not fair at all, and triply so if it's just some recolor. It shouldn't be anymore challenging to obtain Capricorn than it is to obtain the other Zodiac familiars, nor should it be late when the rest are on time. The best way to go about it would be to release it as a Night of the Nocturne familiar. Sincerely, a Capricorn who is rather peeved at the idea of being so severely shortchanged. [/quote] I don't know why it's taken me 6 months to realise this epic shortfall in the zodiac familiar/Flight count but as a fellow Capricorn right on the cusp, if they are still going with this solution, I think Nocturnas summed it up perfectly. I'm sad :( I was looking forward to getting MY familiar on MY birthday, y'know? They could be found in strange chests, Capricious Capricorns! Would make MUCH more sense.
Nocturnas wrote on 2020-06-28 00:30:58:
Are you kidding me? Capricorn being only available through Fiona, AND only after Greenskeeper? Seriously? That's not fair at all, and triply so if it's just some recolor. It shouldn't be anymore challenging to obtain Capricorn than it is to obtain the other Zodiac familiars, nor should it be late when the rest are on time. The best way to go about it would be to release it as a Night of the Nocturne familiar.

Sincerely, a Capricorn who is rather peeved at the idea of being so severely shortchanged.

I don't know why it's taken me 6 months to realise this epic shortfall in the zodiac familiar/Flight count but as a fellow Capricorn right on the cusp, if they are still going with this solution, I think Nocturnas summed it up perfectly. I'm sad :( I was looking forward to getting MY familiar on MY birthday, y'know? They could be found in strange chests, Capricious Capricorns! Would make MUCH more sense.
CTF4up6.png
As a Capricorn I was already extremely sad knowing that my sign would be left out as soon as it was revealed they were doing elemental zodiacs and realizing my sign fell in a month with no festival. Making us wait half a year just to get a Fiona recolor that we have to bond dozens of days to get is just salt in the wound when doing something for NOTN would be infinitely more logical.
As a Capricorn I was already extremely sad knowing that my sign would be left out as soon as it was revealed they were doing elemental zodiacs and realizing my sign fell in a month with no festival. Making us wait half a year just to get a Fiona recolor that we have to bond dozens of days to get is just salt in the wound when doing something for NOTN would be infinitely more logical.
Always seeking dragons with interesting colors, Buying thread Stock the Pond! Breeding Challenge
he/him
twenties
mentally ill
about me / FAQ
clan lore
arcane flight
pings ok
FR Time +3
Fandragons tab
Pastel Goth Imperial Hatchery, Selling thread Secondhand Dragons for sale, selling thread
It shouldn't be a Notn fam, but I do think it should be added to jox for a coin. That way it stays relatively on par with the fest familiars.
It shouldn't be a Notn fam, but I do think it should be added to jox for a coin. That way it stays relatively on par with the fest familiars.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
Wait, who is saying we're not getting the capricorn during NoTN? I know it'll be sad leaving it out of having an element but surely there will be still a cool theme planned for it? Like "Night's Capricorn" or something?
Also like the other festival holidays, NoTN involves mostly coliseum grinding to gather materials that can be used to brew. I'm sure these materials will have something to do with being able to make multiple copies of this familiar. Or the familiar itself may spawn as an enemy.

or a 12th flight will come out ahhahahah oh i wish
Wait, who is saying we're not getting the capricorn during NoTN? I know it'll be sad leaving it out of having an element but surely there will be still a cool theme planned for it? Like "Night's Capricorn" or something?
Also like the other festival holidays, NoTN involves mostly coliseum grinding to gather materials that can be used to brew. I'm sure these materials will have something to do with being able to make multiple copies of this familiar. Or the familiar itself may spawn as an enemy.

or a 12th flight will come out ahhahahah oh i wish
HJLIYn4.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
PngxIP9.png
LDkMPPP.png
8GgdVkW.png
mlHpBMC.png
nWiQNX9.png
n4tYGgU.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10