Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Are the new familiars zodiac based??
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="Sawkinator" date="2020-06-21 11:12:45" ] wait what are they going to do about Libra. There's no animal for it. Just... a living set of scales? [/quote] How about a jackal? The Egyptian book of the dead shows Anubis weighing a guys heart against a feather using a set of balance scales [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/63/El_pesado_del_coraz%C3%B3n_en_el_Papiro_de_Hunefer.jpg/800px-El_pesado_del_coraz%C3%B3n_en_el_Papiro_de_Hunefer.jpg[/img]
Sawkinator wrote on 2020-06-21 11:12:45:
wait what are they going to do about Libra. There's no animal for it.
Just... a living set of scales?
How about a jackal?
The Egyptian book of the dead shows Anubis weighing a guys heart against a feather using a set of balance scales
800px-El_pesado_del_coraz%C3%B3n_en_el_Papiro_de_Hunefer.jpg
I'm honestly stuck on Nature getting Gemini! I mean whatever it is, there'll be two of them, but two of what?

Very curious about Ice's Aquarius, too. I for one eagerly await our new jar of snow familiar.
I'm honestly stuck on Nature getting Gemini! I mean whatever it is, there'll be two of them, but two of what?

Very curious about Ice's Aquarius, too. I for one eagerly await our new jar of snow familiar.
DSEHBxF.png
I think a Plague scorpion will be the most awesome of all! I think Libra will also fit well, because Arcane is all about stars and constellations, so maybe we'll get a female balancing scales of justice amidst a background of the Libra constellation. I still think Capricorn should be released for NotN, during its actual month. That just makes the most sense.
I think a Plague scorpion will be the most awesome of all! I think Libra will also fit well, because Arcane is all about stars and constellations, so maybe we'll get a female balancing scales of justice amidst a background of the Libra constellation. I still think Capricorn should be released for NotN, during its actual month. That just makes the most sense.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
[quote name="panzerhaus" date="2020-06-21 08:36:37" ] [quote name="Pheonyx" date="2020-06-21 08:25:44" ] As a Capricorn, I’m pretty annoyed I’ll probably have to wait 6 months past my season to get my star sign familiar, especially if it’s just some generic starry Capricorn instead of an elemental one which is the fun part of the gimmick. I guess if it were some sort of rainbow of elements it would make sense to be released after this cycle, but if it ends up being like, shade-touched or alchemy or beastclan or starry, I’d rather have it released alongside Night of the Nocturne. [/quote] I agree :[ I personally think having a NotN familiar to round out the 12 would make more sense. [/quote] [color=#009E9B]Not a Capricorn but I definitely agree. One zodiac familiar being released through Fiona as a recolor feels unbalanced somehow (because they're so "personal" I guess), especially if you can only get one per account that way. Would we need the entire elemental Zodiac familiar set to be Ascended in order to even obtain it? That doesn't seem very fair for Capricorns regardless of flight that they're in when it could just be released through Baldwin during one of the NotN weeks or even through Galore as a gift. [color=#65DBCC][b]Edit[/b]:[/color][color=#009E9B]Another alternative could just be releasing the Capricorn drop in Joxar, but if there are intentions to retire it after the 2021 holiday this might not be a very balanced option either, unless there are plans to retire/cycle Joxar items too in the future.
panzerhaus wrote on 2020-06-21 08:36:37:
Pheonyx wrote on 2020-06-21 08:25:44:
As a Capricorn, I’m pretty annoyed I’ll probably have to wait 6 months past my season to get my star sign familiar, especially if it’s just some generic starry Capricorn instead of an elemental one which is the fun part of the gimmick. I guess if it were some sort of rainbow of elements it would make sense to be released after this cycle, but if it ends up being like, shade-touched or alchemy or beastclan or starry, I’d rather have it released alongside Night of the Nocturne.
I agree :[ I personally think having a NotN familiar to round out the 12 would make more sense.
Not a Capricorn but I definitely agree. One zodiac familiar being released through Fiona as a recolor feels unbalanced somehow (because they're so "personal" I guess), especially if you can only get one per account that way.

Would we need the entire elemental Zodiac familiar set to be Ascended in order to even obtain it? That doesn't seem very fair for Capricorns regardless of flight that they're in when it could just be released through Baldwin during one of the NotN weeks or even through Galore as a gift.

Edit:Another alternative could just be releasing the Capricorn drop in Joxar, but if there are intentions to retire it after the 2021 holiday this might not be a very balanced option either, unless there are plans to retire/cycle Joxar items too in the future.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
i love this festival's familiar and im a cancer too
i love this festival's familiar and im a cancer too
tumblr_ozby7yUUVB1w8xkufo4_250.png573Ze2b.gif
lowkey upset leo will not be fire's festival BUT HECK YES ZODIAC FAMILIARS
lowkey upset leo will not be fire's festival BUT HECK YES ZODIAC FAMILIARS
yzUX307.png
i guess im not a gemini anymore since they updated the dates or whatever, but im way more like a gemini than any other sign (especially taurus, yucko) so im sticking to gemini xP

Wonder what they're gonna do for gemini since gemini is just Castor and Pollux
i guess im not a gemini anymore since they updated the dates or whatever, but im way more like a gemini than any other sign (especially taurus, yucko) so im sticking to gemini xP

Wonder what they're gonna do for gemini since gemini is just Castor and Pollux
FR+3

Hatchery
Art Shop (OPEN)
Lore Bits Masterlist
g2TOb2t.png
SOMEONE PLEASE
KEEP ME OUT
OF THE SCRYING WORKSHOP
3bOlZcm.png
Has it been confirmed that each element's familiar will be based on the festival+zodiac dates? :o I think it'd be pretty cool, but I wouldn't mind it being more randomized either!
Has it been confirmed that each element's familiar will be based on the festival+zodiac dates? :o I think it'd be pretty cool, but I wouldn't mind it being more randomized either!
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
[quote name="hakusen" date="2020-06-21 06:06:33" ] ... rip sagittarius [/quote] To be fair, we do already have a lot of centaur familiars, including one for Rockbreaker's Ceremony.
hakusen wrote on 2020-06-21 06:06:33:
... rip sagittarius
To be fair, we do already have a lot of centaur familiars, including one for Rockbreaker's Ceremony.
11667.png xGRdLfg.jpg ws14300rd_thumbnail.jpg m96yKLz.jpg 32990.png
@Voltzinar
Wow. I didn't even think about how Fiona's familiars are all just recolors. Capricorn totally doesn't deserve THAT. It's bad enough if we don't get the Capricorn familiar in December and would have to bond with other familiars in order to obtain it. But if it's not a personalized goat familiar, that would just be disrespectful to all the Capricorn players here. Not to mention how unfinished it would seem. I don't see what the big deal is to make it one of the NotN special familiars or a gift for NotN players during log-in.
@Voltzinar
Wow. I didn't even think about how Fiona's familiars are all just recolors. Capricorn totally doesn't deserve THAT. It's bad enough if we don't get the Capricorn familiar in December and would have to bond with other familiars in order to obtain it. But if it's not a personalized goat familiar, that would just be disrespectful to all the Capricorn players here. Not to mention how unfinished it would seem. I don't see what the big deal is to make it one of the NotN special familiars or a gift for NotN players during log-in.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10