Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Are the new familiars zodiac based??
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Rather than a Fiona release, what if the Capricorn familiar was released like the recolor bears? Available for Night of the Nocturne for this year only, then added to Joxar's Spare Inventory with the rest of the festival familiars.

That feels like enough availability to parallel the festivals without shortchanging any of the signs. I know the bears were comically oversaturated, but one special familiar for one year shouldn't be too bad.

Rather than a Fiona release, what if the Capricorn familiar was released like the recolor bears? Available for Night of the Nocturne for this year only, then added to Joxar's Spare Inventory with the rest of the festival familiars.

That feels like enough availability to parallel the festivals without shortchanging any of the signs. I know the bears were comically oversaturated, but one special familiar for one year shouldn't be too bad.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
[quote name="@Undel" date="2020-06-21 06:13:04" ] Not if Fiona has anything to say about it ;-) Though she might not have anything to say until after Greenskeeper 2021 >.>; [/quote] I hope you don’t mind the ping but I thought this may be a good way to bring the troubles of the community to your attention. Many users are concerned over the inability to get multiple copies of Capricorn (As Fiona is a one and done kind of thing) so I’d like to propose that Capricorn is released during NotN, and Opiuchus (which, yes, is a real star sign and can be found among the others in most emoji keyboards) is obtained through Fiona since it’s a very different sign. This way, the issue of only being able to get one Capricorn is avoided, and we get a bonus sign! (NotN Capricorn would also make sense since it’s a combination of two animals- a goat and a fish. Seems like the kind of thing you’d see during a mimicry event) [img]https://compote.slate.com/images/5d4be999-aa95-4eb1-8afe-127405280b9b.jpg[/img] Having them return through joxar After NotN like NightmareJudge suggested is also a great idea
@Undel wrote on 2020-06-21 06:13:04:
Not if Fiona has anything to say about it ;-) Though she might not have anything to say until after Greenskeeper 2021 >.>;
I hope you don’t mind the ping but I thought this may be a good way to bring the troubles of the community to your attention.

Many users are concerned over the inability to get multiple copies of Capricorn (As Fiona is a one and done kind of thing) so I’d like to propose that Capricorn is released during NotN, and Opiuchus (which, yes, is a real star sign and can be found among the others in most emoji keyboards) is obtained through Fiona since it’s a very different sign. This way, the issue of only being able to get one Capricorn is avoided, and we get a bonus sign!
(NotN Capricorn would also make sense since it’s a combination of two animals- a goat and a fish. Seems like the kind of thing you’d see during a mimicry event)
5d4be999-aa95-4eb1-8afe-127405280b9b.jpg

Having them return through joxar After NotN like NightmareJudge suggested is also a great idea
giphy.gifold_mansig.pngmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Are you kidding me? Capricorn being only available through Fiona, AND only after Greenskeeper? Seriously? That's not fair at all, and triply so if it's just some recolor. It shouldn't be anymore challenging to obtain Capricorn than it is to obtain the other Zodiac familiars, nor should it be late when the rest are on time. The best way to go about it would be to release it as a Night of the Nocturne familiar.

Sincerely, a Capricorn who is rather peeved at the idea of being so severely shortchanged.
Are you kidding me? Capricorn being only available through Fiona, AND only after Greenskeeper? Seriously? That's not fair at all, and triply so if it's just some recolor. It shouldn't be anymore challenging to obtain Capricorn than it is to obtain the other Zodiac familiars, nor should it be late when the rest are on time. The best way to go about it would be to release it as a Night of the Nocturne familiar.

Sincerely, a Capricorn who is rather peeved at the idea of being so severely shortchanged.
LuMKHMO.pngG8Qs5W9.pngImE8TtZ.pngoKZOZJE.pngdnRpItE.png
On one hand: I'm not thrilled at the idea of Capricorn's familiar being released once when the other 11 signs are able to be obtained multiple times. Maybe Fiona will do a short familiar-themed Holiday?

On the other hand: A super exclusive reward that can only be achieved through consistent effort over a long-ish period of time is very thematically appropriate for Capricorn.
On one hand: I'm not thrilled at the idea of Capricorn's familiar being released once when the other 11 signs are able to be obtained multiple times. Maybe Fiona will do a short familiar-themed Holiday?

On the other hand: A super exclusive reward that can only be achieved through consistent effort over a long-ish period of time is very thematically appropriate for Capricorn.
28 | they/them | my username is banana + nan
[quote name="Undel" date="2020-06-21 06:13:04" ] Not if Fiona has anything to say about it ;-) Though she might not have anything to say until after Greenskeeper 2021 >.>; [/quote] o.o
Undel wrote on 2020-06-21 06:13:04:
Not if Fiona has anything to say about it ;-) Though she might not have anything to say until after Greenskeeper 2021 >.>;

o.o
[quote name="Nocturnas" date="2020-06-28 00:30:58" ] Are you kidding me? Capricorn being only available through Fiona, AND only after Greenskeeper? Seriously? That's not fair at all, and triply so if it's just some recolor. It shouldn't be anymore challenging to obtain Capricorn than it is to obtain the other Zodiac familiars, nor should it be late when the rest are on time. The best way to go about it would be to release it as a Night of the Nocturne familiar. Sincerely, a Capricorn who is rather peeved at the idea of being so severely shortchanged. [/quote] I'm not even a Capricorn, but I agree that this seems really unfair. There shouldn't be only one zodiac that's harder to get! That's just mean to everyone with that sign.
Nocturnas wrote on 2020-06-28 00:30:58:

I'm not even a Capricorn, but I agree that this seems really unfair. There shouldn't be only one zodiac that's harder to get! That's just mean to everyone with that sign.
1185.png 1186.png 1187.png 1188.png
I'm a little surprised that staff didn't... think this through all the way? or that's how it feels, anyways. Not being able to get multiple copies, not being able to get the capricorn familiar on/around capricorn season... surely the backlash isn't surprising? NoTN would make much, much more sense. I dunno though, maybe I'm just being a salty capricorn [emoji=tundra deadpan size=1]
I'm a little surprised that staff didn't... think this through all the way? or that's how it feels, anyways. Not being able to get multiple copies, not being able to get the capricorn familiar on/around capricorn season... surely the backlash isn't surprising? NoTN would make much, much more sense.

I dunno though, maybe I'm just being a salty capricorn
they/them
Three days until it, but I have to ask: What is the July familiar going to be?!
Three days until it, but I have to ask: What is the July familiar going to be?!
https://dragcave.net/view/Sqned
@KittyBanana23 Probably a lion, since the next sign is Leo.
@KittyBanana23 Probably a lion, since the next sign is Leo.
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
YES!!!!! I love cats. Also, that was a very fast response.
YES!!!!! I love cats. Also, that was a very fast response.
https://dragcave.net/view/Sqned
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10