Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | LIKING dragons???
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
okay tbh i dont like the like system

maybe unpopular opinion but whatever.

it just makes it so people care more about likes on their dragons than the actual worth of them.

say you have a dragon that you really really like. turns out, other people don't feel the same way and it only gets like two likes or something. my bet is that you probably arent gonna like the dragon as much because it doesnt have that many "likes."

the like system destroys player value of their own dragons, and turns them into something more of a show -- like instagram. instead of going with whatever you want to go with, you go with whatever gets you the most likes.

and i completely agree with calyypso. it causes stress because we all understandably want our dragons to be liked, and when we see other peoples dragons with more likes, we get jealous, and that encourages an unhealthy environment.

to be honest, i'd like to see the like system removed. this is just personal opinion, but from personal experiences a like system can really ruin a player base.

just saying c:

EDIT: there has been a like system, but not as pronounced, and people probably didn't care as much. now that its a whole button thats literally in the middle of the page it becomes much more prominent, and thus much worse. and the fact that popularity remains even after the dragon transfers hands is horrible. literally a dragon with 1000 likes or something is gonna be worth more than a g1 unbred imp sometime in the future.
okay tbh i dont like the like system

maybe unpopular opinion but whatever.

it just makes it so people care more about likes on their dragons than the actual worth of them.

say you have a dragon that you really really like. turns out, other people don't feel the same way and it only gets like two likes or something. my bet is that you probably arent gonna like the dragon as much because it doesnt have that many "likes."

the like system destroys player value of their own dragons, and turns them into something more of a show -- like instagram. instead of going with whatever you want to go with, you go with whatever gets you the most likes.

and i completely agree with calyypso. it causes stress because we all understandably want our dragons to be liked, and when we see other peoples dragons with more likes, we get jealous, and that encourages an unhealthy environment.

to be honest, i'd like to see the like system removed. this is just personal opinion, but from personal experiences a like system can really ruin a player base.

just saying c:

EDIT: there has been a like system, but not as pronounced, and people probably didn't care as much. now that its a whole button thats literally in the middle of the page it becomes much more prominent, and thus much worse. and the fact that popularity remains even after the dragon transfers hands is horrible. literally a dragon with 1000 likes or something is gonna be worth more than a g1 unbred imp sometime in the future.
bnskTgX.png
[quote name="jennycatmystique" date="2020-06-08 07:49:57" ] You could like dragons before via what I think was a FB plugin, so its not a completely new feature- it just fits into FRs aesthetic more and is way more noticable. there used to be threads in the dragon share forums about it! [/quote] Yeah, it was already a thing, this is just a version that removed Facebook from it. I know people complained about it being connected to Facebook and being why they didn't use it.
jennycatmystique wrote on 2020-06-08 07:49:57:
You could like dragons before via what I think was a FB plugin, so its not a completely new feature- it just fits into FRs aesthetic more and is way more noticable.

there used to be threads in the dragon share forums about it!

Yeah, it was already a thing, this is just a version that removed Facebook from it. I know people complained about it being connected to Facebook and being why they didn't use it.
4QFtgPW.png
i am liking my friends' dragons but like. im gonna stress over my fat lizards not having any likes lmao
i am liking my friends' dragons but like. im gonna stress over my fat lizards not having any likes lmao
ttGfSL1.png
Someone who has used the like feature already, is it possible to unlike the dragon respectively or is it a permanent? Clicking the star icon again or such.

I don't want to like any of my dragons to test this for sake that you cannot revert this action. The star icon must remain grey on all my dragons.
Someone who has used the like feature already, is it possible to unlike the dragon respectively or is it a permanent? Clicking the star icon again or such.

I don't want to like any of my dragons to test this for sake that you cannot revert this action. The star icon must remain grey on all my dragons.
@HenryTheArcher

it is possible to unlike dragons!
@HenryTheArcher

bnskTgX.png
There's a thread in the Suggestions forum to reset the Like counter when a dragon is transferred to another lair, if anyone wants to weigh-in. I'm kind of in the middle about it, myself.
There's a thread in the Suggestions forum to reset the Like counter when a dragon is transferred to another lair, if anyone wants to weigh-in. I'm kind of in the middle about it, myself.
Zs6WWZy.png
UdqWUDw.png ZwbGqUa.png bYt72YT.png O62tc6n.png kHBaXec.png NeV4KUN.png Z9e8RKu.png RToaAa6.png Da1cz0f.png XnaLQeW.png o7CqYdD.png YrzvPOH.png QUIpVFE.png BY33eAv.png YMPbu9R.png
dMEvnxu.png
[quote name=@foreboding date="2020-06-08 08:05:50" ] @/HenryTheArcher it is possible to unlike dragons![/quote] Thank you!
@foreboding wrote on 2020-06-08 08:05:50:
@/HenryTheArcher

Thank you!
likes are gonna increase the value now or what
likes are gonna increase the value now or what
52970845778_17c037eedd_o.png ... » She/Her
» Wishlist
» FR Time +3
» G1s For Sale
its not like its completely new but i dont .. really care idk? talking about myself. i mean my art never got many likes so why would my dragons get many. xD this isnt supposed to be passive aggressive or begging (god no) or anything. i really mean that its gonna be irrelevant to me. xD ? especially because i learned from it that it doesnt matter if others like your stuff. you yourself think its good and that makes it good. not sure if i was able to phrase how i feel. xp

im definitely gonna like other peoples dragons though and i hope it doesnt stress them.
its not like its completely new but i dont .. really care idk? talking about myself. i mean my art never got many likes so why would my dragons get many. xD this isnt supposed to be passive aggressive or begging (god no) or anything. i really mean that its gonna be irrelevant to me. xD ? especially because i learned from it that it doesnt matter if others like your stuff. you yourself think its good and that makes it good. not sure if i was able to phrase how i feel. xp

im definitely gonna like other peoples dragons though and i hope it doesnt stress them.
6OECEOe.pnglWOVJox.png
Great, my fears have been confirmed. “Likes” STAY when you transfer dragons? That is such an awful idea! Imagine people hiking up prices! I can already see the popularity contests springing up like daisies. I really hope they consider fixing this feature.
Great, my fears have been confirmed. “Likes” STAY when you transfer dragons? That is such an awful idea! Imagine people hiking up prices! I can already see the popularity contests springing up like daisies. I really hope they consider fixing this feature.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7