Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | thoughts about the announcement
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
petition for everyone to calm down and stop attacking each other even though we’re all on the same side (which is “the racism in america and its law enforcement system needs to be acknowledged and also when you’re a person of color it can be dangerous to assume that the cop you are talking to is one of the good ones”), and talk about the announcement instead like the original intent of the thread was
petition for everyone to calm down and stop attacking each other even though we’re all on the same side (which is “the racism in america and its law enforcement system needs to be acknowledged and also when you’re a person of color it can be dangerous to assume that the cop you are talking to is one of the good ones”), and talk about the announcement instead like the original intent of the thread was
__________.____
plague_banner.png

MUYNhfy.png_iDFl61R.png
JvUa9ma.png_WKtl2lb.png
plagueshieldr.png
[quote name="EgoLobster" date="2020-06-03 20:28:30" ] [quote name="umbrishadow" date="2020-06-03 20:25:49" ] I just hope the protesters stay safe. they're dealing with terrible creatures right now. I worry greatly for them. [/quote] Please stop, cops are not terrible creatures. Please, please, stop. It’s not fair to blame all cops. [/quote] As a system, yes, ACAB. The very history of police departments is rooted in systemic racism towards and oppression of minorities. Furthermore, all cops are complicit in the violence and racism of their peers in their line of work. Unless they speak up and out these officers, they are all part of the problem. They cannot claim to be good and do good if they consistently look the other way and try to excuse the wrongdoings of their peers as "one bad apple" or whatnot. Inaction is complicity. It's not fair to blame all cops? It's not fair that black parents have to talk to their young children about how they might be murdered because they might be perceived as a threat due to the color of their skin. It's not fair that black kids can't just play outside, because who knows what might happen to them. It's not fair that the rights of people of color in the US are conditional based on how respectable and worthy they are deemed. I get that you have family in law enforcement, and I know this is hard. I get that. As people, they're probably great. I wouldn't know. But their jobs are not great. And that's just a fact, and I'm sorry.
EgoLobster wrote on 2020-06-03 20:28:30:
umbrishadow wrote on 2020-06-03 20:25:49:
I just hope the protesters stay safe. they're dealing with terrible creatures right now. I worry greatly for them.

Please stop, cops are not terrible creatures. Please, please, stop. It’s not fair to blame all cops.

As a system, yes, ACAB. The very history of police departments is rooted in systemic racism towards and oppression of minorities. Furthermore, all cops are complicit in the violence and racism of their peers in their line of work. Unless they speak up and out these officers, they are all part of the problem. They cannot claim to be good and do good if they consistently look the other way and try to excuse the wrongdoings of their peers as "one bad apple" or whatnot. Inaction is complicity.

It's not fair to blame all cops? It's not fair that black parents have to talk to their young children about how they might be murdered because they might be perceived as a threat due to the color of their skin. It's not fair that black kids can't just play outside, because who knows what might happen to them. It's not fair that the rights of people of color in the US are conditional based on how respectable and worthy they are deemed.

I get that you have family in law enforcement, and I know this is hard. I get that. As people, they're probably great. I wouldn't know. But their jobs are not great. And that's just a fact, and I'm sorry.
sN7OFwo.pngGbuT06g.pngcDKoVmo.pngypkYF0y.pnggIVnoKR.pngAK7QxV1.pngTz9zkEa.png
6JqFst1.png
8xADJuh.png
i agree w/fallen those things are. not alike.
i agree w/fallen those things are. not alike.
[quote name="Bogsneep" date="2020-06-03 20:37:40" ] I think the conversation should be diverted away from cops since it seems people are misunderstanding a lot of things. [/quote] yeah, that's fair. I'm just glad fr is letting us talk about this. it's important, and something that's effecting everyone worldwide. I don't live near any protests, or I would be out there protesting. because this is very important, and I want to help. so far I've only been able to help with the link in my signature, and if you're stuck at home and can't donate due to either not having a bank account or you're low on money, please check it out!
Bogsneep wrote on 2020-06-03 20:37:40:
I think the conversation should be diverted away from cops since it seems people are misunderstanding a lot of things.

yeah, that's fair.

I'm just glad fr is letting us talk about this. it's important, and something that's effecting everyone worldwide.

I don't live near any protests, or I would be out there protesting. because this is very important, and I want to help.

so far I've only been able to help with the link in my signature, and if you're stuck at home and can't donate due to either not having a bank account or you're low on money, please check it out!
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o8_100.png
its upsetting that this thread has gotten to this point on this subject, but there are many MANY people with trauma due to the police so of course they're going to make inflammatory comments especially if people are dismissing their very valid reasons to dislike cops. this isn't like the comments trying to explain to people why saying "all lives matter" is still racist and dismissive, this is actively poking a hornet's nest
its upsetting that this thread has gotten to this point on this subject, but there are many MANY people with trauma due to the police so of course they're going to make inflammatory comments especially if people are dismissing their very valid reasons to dislike cops. this isn't like the comments trying to explain to people why saying "all lives matter" is still racist and dismissive, this is actively poking a hornet's nest
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
@FallenAngel

Yeah, this thread just took a whole new turn and I don't like it one bit. I guess it's time to shut it down... Such a shame.
@FallenAngel

Yeah, this thread just took a whole new turn and I don't like it one bit. I guess it's time to shut it down... Such a shame.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
yea!! i feel like this is a really important occasion and change has to happen soon. But to bring it back around I'm very glad FR has stated that they stand with us.

This game is an escape for many but for minorities escape can only be realized when they know they're safe. You're not safe in a game that stands w/oppressors!
yea!! i feel like this is a really important occasion and change has to happen soon. But to bring it back around I'm very glad FR has stated that they stand with us.

This game is an escape for many but for minorities escape can only be realized when they know they're safe. You're not safe in a game that stands w/oppressors!
Please remember to keep your comments and responses respectful, everyone! If you are to argue with anyone, please do it over PM so that this thread isn't at risk of being locked or deleted.

Anyways, stay safe! No justice, no peace.
Please remember to keep your comments and responses respectful, everyone! If you are to argue with anyone, please do it over PM so that this thread isn't at risk of being locked or deleted.

Anyways, stay safe! No justice, no peace.
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
@voidbeast

Some people have trauma from being bitten by a dog when they were a child. Does that give them the right to say "all dogs are bad" and say they are "monsters" and should be put down?

I think not. Discrimination against anyone is wrong. Period.
@voidbeast

Some people have trauma from being bitten by a dog when they were a child. Does that give them the right to say "all dogs are bad" and say they are "monsters" and should be put down?

I think not. Discrimination against anyone is wrong. Period.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
@ACWN @Amalythia @Ara @ArkhamAnja @Barbie @Gaia @JCStitches @Lexreon @Madarakita @Mayana @MooseSushi @Nazmiye @Peixes @ToxieToxie

I think this thread has gotten out of hand :/
@ACWN @Amalythia @Ara @ArkhamAnja @Barbie @Gaia @JCStitches @Lexreon @Madarakita @Mayana @MooseSushi @Nazmiye @Peixes @ToxieToxie

I think this thread has gotten out of hand :/
bVzIUfv.png
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43