Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How eggs are REALLY made?
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="@JoweeTheRaposa" date="2020-05-18 14:24:53" ] My sister and I discussed this. Her theory was that dragons summon the eggs by combining their magic energies (or whatever) together. Only two dragons with a strong bond can do this process. Each Flights’ magic influences which eggs are created and nests are sorta like summoning circles. [/quote] WAIT A SECOND I USED THAT ONCE
@JoweeTheRaposa wrote on 2020-05-18 14:24:53:
My sister and I discussed this. Her theory was that dragons summon the eggs by combining their magic energies (or whatever) together. Only two dragons with a strong bond can do this process. Each Flights’ magic influences which eggs are created and nests are sorta like summoning circles.

WAIT A SECOND I USED THAT ONCE
And if a silence filled the air do you think that anyone would even care? Would they be aware... of the mounting snow...
Eye contact before marriage and instant eggs.
Eye contact before marriage and instant eggs.
vckV4Hu.pngnbYcIeA.png
Why not have the gender (really wanted to use the technical phrasing here, but I think FR would censor that word without its context) determined by temperature? Like crocodile eggs? But with some twists cuz magic (otherwise all ice eggs would be male, all fire eggs female, if I'm correct in remembering that higher temperatures lead to female-forming embryos, cooler to males).
Why not have the gender (really wanted to use the technical phrasing here, but I think FR would censor that word without its context) determined by temperature? Like crocodile eggs? But with some twists cuz magic (otherwise all ice eggs would be male, all fire eggs female, if I'm correct in remembering that higher temperatures lead to female-forming embryos, cooler to males).
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
What if they are just magical rocks and the dragons we hatch are illusions hmmm
What if they are just magical rocks and the dragons we hatch are illusions hmmm
4-B914-C97-9-A3-C-4320-A974-68-DF5-EF7-B715.png
Uh well, I take a more biological method for egg production (yes the icky method) but its not like I go into to detail in my lore because rules lol also I don't write that kinda stuff usually.

The issues come in with breed sizes and I deal with that by simply only allowing larger breeds be with larger breeds and the mediums be with medium breeds and faes with faes. There are some exceptions in my lore but they aren't the norm and there's magic sizing spells that are used for couples of different breed sizes.

This is an interesting topic lol
Uh well, I take a more biological method for egg production (yes the icky method) but its not like I go into to detail in my lore because rules lol also I don't write that kinda stuff usually.

The issues come in with breed sizes and I deal with that by simply only allowing larger breeds be with larger breeds and the mediums be with medium breeds and faes with faes. There are some exceptions in my lore but they aren't the norm and there's magic sizing spells that are used for couples of different breed sizes.

This is an interesting topic lol
XriSV9h.gif
nests are giant summoning circles?
yes plz
nests are giant summoning circles?
yes plz
sBdLZtA.png
I've never really thought about how a Fae would pair with, say, a Guardian tbh. I headcannon all the breeds to be roughly the same size, only having smaller differences according to the breed. It just makes things easier. Eggs would be made the icky way, lol.

With canon sizes however, its a little difficult. I think dragons would just stick to their size groups, or perhaps even get surrogates? I don't know, I've never really had to think about this lore-wise because most of my dragons---I believe---are in the large-medium range.
I really like the idea that was brought up by people above me, the one about parent's magic fusing to create eggs. There are some aphids and sea anemones who can reproduce the 'icky' way, and the other way, so who's to say dragons can't reproduce two different ways? The biological way for those who are closer in size, and the magical way for pairs that aren't.

But I have thought about the egg situation, and I just go with what Spore does. When an egg is laid, it expands once situated, or it grows larger as the hatchling inside grows.
I've never really thought about how a Fae would pair with, say, a Guardian tbh. I headcannon all the breeds to be roughly the same size, only having smaller differences according to the breed. It just makes things easier. Eggs would be made the icky way, lol.

With canon sizes however, its a little difficult. I think dragons would just stick to their size groups, or perhaps even get surrogates? I don't know, I've never really had to think about this lore-wise because most of my dragons---I believe---are in the large-medium range.
I really like the idea that was brought up by people above me, the one about parent's magic fusing to create eggs. There are some aphids and sea anemones who can reproduce the 'icky' way, and the other way, so who's to say dragons can't reproduce two different ways? The biological way for those who are closer in size, and the magical way for pairs that aren't.

But I have thought about the egg situation, and I just go with what Spore does. When an egg is laid, it expands once situated, or it grows larger as the hatchling inside grows.
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
When a mommy dragon and a daddy dragon love each other very much, they spend all their gathering turns in Scavenging and hope for the best.
When a mommy dragon and a daddy dragon love each other very much, they spend all their gathering turns in Scavenging and hope for the best.
VfJfrBs.jpeg
premarital hand-holding
premarital hand-holding
painUntitled550-20240108171422.png
Artem @goromi
any pronouns
FR +0

boop the snoots
boop the snoots
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3